Whispers Of Memories

By fariya_siddiqui

"Memories: a recollection one cannot get rid of even after losing them" _____________________________ "Why yo... More

Prologue.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 39.
Questionnaire

Chapter 38.

321 17 12
By fariya_siddiqui

Enjoy reading❤

The sun started to come up from the horizon slowly, as the golden linings spread its hue everywhere. But all she could feel was dark, darkness inside her mind, darkness inside her soul. 

Sitting in the waiting area of the hospital Naina kept staring into space. They say that nature won't test us beyond our strength. And she used to believe it also. But right now she just can't. She was never the brave one neither she had that much courage, so that she can endure even the slightest of the pain. Than why did the destiny do this to her. Her whole life changed in a mere second. Her heart pained at the thought that what she believed all this while was nothing but a conceit, a pure lie. Her whole life was a lie. Whom she used to call her father wasn't actually her father. And never in her wildest dream she would agree upon it if it wasn't for her own father to accept it. 

Her gaze went to her side in the far corner where Vikram was sitting with a hunched shoulder. She wondered how this person, instead of having his own child, loved and adored her even after abandoning his own. Her eyes welled up with tears thinking of the love and care he gave her. There wasn't a single moment that she could point out and say that there she felt like she wasn't his own blood. In fact he cared and protect her more than a father can do to his child. Why had he done all this?

Just because a mere promise, he had made to a friend. 

A friend whom he used to love, a friend who broke his heart 

'Can love be this selfless?' She thought, looking back to her hands which were placed in her hands. She can't even put herself on his place.

'Would she ever be able to love like this?'

She again thought and stood up to move forward. Her eyes darted towards the form lying on the bed beyond the large glass door of the ICU, all strangled in different types of equipments. This is the second time he was there because of her. 

A lone tear rolled down her cheeks. Why she always has be the reason of his pain and sufferings? Not only his she was the reason of all the mess in everyone's life. She looked at Anisha, who was weeping in Anita's embrace.

Her mother, Vikram, Kunal, Abhay, Anisha and now her biological father also is suffering because of her. Why she has to be like this?

Her emotions started suffocating her. She wanted to run, run away from all the guilt which were burdening her soul. She started to feel light-headed as she took some steps back and moved away from everyone. Walking past the corridor she came in front of the large glass window of the hospital which was giving a beautiful view of the city. But nothing beheld her attention as her mind kept struggling to overcome the turmoil going through in it.

Closing her eyes she let the tears rolled down her cheeks. And when she opened them, it fell on the reflection of Kunal on the door before her. He was looking at her, intently. The worry and concern in his eyes was something she wasn't expecting after what happened yesterday. She turned around only to come face to face with him.

She opened her mouth to say something, to apologize him for the inconvenience she made him go through all his life, but nothing came out. The words felt hollow and insignificant in front of his sufferings.

No words or act would compensate it.

Sensing her inner turmoil Kunal, taking a step closer, placed his one hand on her cheeks. 

"It's okay." He said her in a assuring way, like whatever happened wasn't her fault. 

Naina's head snapped towards him. How come he was able to read her like an open book. She smiled amongst tears and wounded her arms around him after stepping closer to him. 

"I am sorry.." She mumbled against his shirt, making Kunal wrapped his arms around her shoulders also. 

It will be a lie if he would say that he wasn't hurt. He was hurt beyond limits. His whole life was a delusion. All his life he kept believing that his parents died when he was a kid and Vikram brought him up because he was his dad's best friend. And the best part he believed everything without questioning about anything. He believed in what he was being told.

It's not like Vikram ever made him feel like he wasn't the part of family. His care and love for him always makes his heart swell in joy and he was contented that if the Almighty has took away his own parents then He had also sent an angel in Vikram's disguise for him.

His heart pained like hell, not because Naina had everything what was meant for him but for Vikram, his own father didn't believes him enough to tell him the him the truth.

He looked down to Naina who was crying her heart out in his embrace. She has been always his priority. Though they didn't share any relation but their bond was enough for him to leave his everything for her, Even if it means leaving his first and love of his life.

He should have given his own self if she would have asked him. How can Vikram think that he would ever hurt this girl, even after knowing the truth.

"It's alright, dear. Stop crying at least!" He chided when she didn't stopped crying even after a minute. But it made her cry harder.

"No it's not. Everything is happening because of me. My mother died to protect me. Abhay is struggling for his life, That Mr. Diwan he is in hospital because of me. Dad suffered so much because of me. And you… you never had what was rightfully yours.. what you deserved. All because of me." Pulling back from his embrace she spilled out everything going in her mind. It was all way to much for her to keep inside.

"Why are you connecting everything with each other? Everyone did what they wanted to do for you willingly. Whatever happened wasn't your fault." Kunal said, calmly as he cupped her face before wiping her tears away.

"Yeah! Willingly, then what about you Kunal… Did you also hid your identity because of me willingly?" She asked, not being ready to believe his words.

"If I had a choice then I must have.." He replied, smiling at her lightly. Naina looked at him in pure amusement. She waz awed on her fate how come she be so fortunate to have so much loving and caring people around her.

A sob rolled out her mouth as she tip-toed before wrapping her arms around his neck. She again sobbed placing her head on his shoulder. 

"Why you guys have to be so selfless? If I were at your place and dad had given you more privilege than me then I would have made you my slave for rest of my life, to compensate." A big blown smile appeared on his face, listening to her weird thought.

"By the way, it's not a bad idea!" Kunal said, bitting his lip to contain his smile. Naina pulled away only to give him a death glare, but smiled nonetheless. They smiled oblivious of someone's eyes on them.

"Let's go the surgery must be over." Kunal said, pulling her towards ICU. 

"Wait. Kunal" She stopped, making him look back at her, questioningly.

"Is..Is Mr. Diwan okay?" She asked at last, what she wanted to ask him for so long.

"I will take you to him, you can see yourself." Kunal said, confusing her more than she already was.

"Now let's go!" He said before pulling her with him.

They crossed in front of him but Vikram hid himself against the large pillar. Though he was certain that they weren't mad at him but he hadn't the strength to face them. Even if they didn't consider it but what he did was wrong. And he was the culprit. Their culprit.

                     ___________

Coming back to the waiting area Naina gaze fell on Anisha who was sitting beside Anita all worn. Though she was calm but her eyes and face were swollen because of crying. Sauntering towards her, Naina took the seat beside Anisha. She placed a hand on hers as if assuring that everything is alright. Anisha also gave her a sad smile, Naina opened her mouth to say something when the door of the ICU went open to reavel the doctor from inside.

Anil was quick to reach forward to him, as if his life depends on it. 

"Is my son okay, doctor?" Asked Anil and everyone was all ears.

"Though the patient lost so much blood but the surgery went well and he is out of danger." Everyone heaved a sigh of relief as soon as words left the doctor's mouth. 

"Can I meet him?" Anil asked in whisper. He felt as if he has gotten a new life.

"Yes, once after we shift him in a private room. But he not conscious yet. He has been sedated and will gain his consciousness after sometime." The doctor left informing everyone Abhay's condition.

And in no time he had been shifted in the room, but even after waiting hours when Abhay didn't woke up Virat made everyone leave and stayed at the hospital with his friend.

"It's already very late, you guys must leave." Virat said and too everyone out of the room.

Naina, on the other hand, did not agreed upon leaving and Virat also did not insisted more as he knows that she was the first one his dear friend is going to ask about. Virat went to the hospital parking to sent everyone back, when Naina took the seat on the chair present beside the bed where Abhay was sleeping. 

He was looking pale and weak. Leaning forward she reached out to caress his face with her knuckles. The slightly grown stubble tickled her skin making a smile tug her lips but it soon dropped when she felt Abhay smiling.

"You're awake?" Naina said, as if trying to believe herself.

"Finally!" The smile turned into smirk as he stretched himself in the bed.

"You were acting all this while?" She still didn't believed that he was pulling an act of being unconscious all the while. Abhay nodded, making her temper rise.

"How could you do this to everyone? They were so worried for you and you didn't even bother meeting them." She was actually angry. She did not expected him to be this childish. 

Folding her hands on her chest she looked away from him, making Abhay click his tongue in annoyance.

"Yaar! I was tired and besides that I wasn't in the mood of getting condolences from everyone." Naina's mouth fell open on his words.

"You're so mean Abhay!" She said at which Abhay bowed his head as if he was accepting praises from her.

"I know! By the way aren't you happy that I am alive and all fine?" Abhay asked, sitting up with some difficulty. She reached forward to help him but stopped looking at the smirk on his face.

'Was this man actually undergone a surgery this morning?' She thought, looking at his smirks and mischiefs in his eyes.

"No I am not." Naina spat, again looking away from him.

"Now who is being mean here?" He mocked, making her look at him with her periphery.

"Learnt from the best." Naina replied, bitting her lip to contain her smile.

"Oh really!" He trailed off pulling her towards him. Naina was taken aback, as she wasn't expecting his move. She prevented herself from landing on him by placing her hands on his either side.

"Then you should have learnt more.." He whispered in her ears as his arms went around her, pulling her more closer than she already was.

"Like?" She asked, placing her hands on his shoulders.

"Like…" Abhay trailed off, as he kept leaning forward to her lips and was about to touch hers when Naina placed her palm on it.

"Control yourself Mr. Vadhera, we are in hospital." She whispered against his lips, with her palm still on his mouth.

"I won't, besides that I am in my room with my girl. So why bother so much?" He said with raised eyebrows, pulling her hand away from his mouth.

He again leaned forward and about to touch her lips with his when the door banged open and an annoyed Virat came in the view. Naina was quick to pull back in a second.

"Have some shame man, your friend is getting scolded from anyone to everyone for making them leave and here you're continuing your romance with your beloved."  Virat said in a bored tone.

"You were with him also?" Naina asked with wide eyes.

"Exactly...my dear friend." He replied, looking at Abhay's annoyed face.

"Why did you came back?" Abhay asked, annoyingly.

"Of course to disturb you guys." He answered, making Abhay roll his eyes.

"Just get lost from here as soon as possible." Abhay warned.

"No I am not going anywhere, besides it's time for your beloved Naina to leave." Virat told Naina.

"She is staying with me." Abhay informed.

"How can she stay here besides Kunal was looking for you. He was coming here but left telling me to send Naina down." Virat explained, telling Naina about his encounter with Kunal.

Naina who was listening to their banter smiling, was came back to reality. Kunal told her that he will take him to Anirudh.

"Yeah! I have to leave now." Naina was in hurry all of sudden.

"No. Don't go." Abhay pleaded, making a chuckle erupt Virat's mouth. Abhay shoot a glare at him before focusing on Naina again.

"It's important, Abhay!" Naina tried to convince him.

"More than me?" Abhay asked, making her pinch her lips in a thin line. They kept looking at each other for sometime when Abhay said out of nowhere.

"Fine, go. But come back as soon as your work is done" Abhay said with puffed face.

"Thank you so much." Naina kissed his check before wrapping her arms around him. And as a result of which a full blown smile graced his lips.

Bidding farewell to both of them she came down the hospital building only to get a panic attack. Kunal's shirt was soiled in red. Her heart leaped out of her chest as she almost ran towards him how was staring God knows what, standing in the middle of the entrance.

"Kunal, are you alright?" Naina asked, panicked.

As if coming out from the trace he looked at Naina who was looking at him with worry evident on her face. 

"Yeah! I am fine." He smile, assuring her that he was alright.

"Then where did this blood came from." She asked, touching his arms, not ready to get convinced easily.

"There was a patient who was bathed in blood, I helped him to the elevator." He said, pointing towards the elevator on his left side. Relief washed over her knowing that it wasn't his blood.

"You gave me a mini heart attack, idiot." She scolded him playfully.

"Now let's go home. You have to change first." Naina said, as Kunal advanced towards the car nodding at her words.

"By the way, how is Abhay now?" He asked out of nowhere, settling himself on driving seat. Naina, who was sitting on the passenger seat, opened her mouth to say something when a message popped on her phone present in her lap.

Swiping up quickly she looked at the screen only to find Abhay's message shining in bold.

Stay away from that Singhania.

Naina shooked her head before smiling at him.

"He's perfectly fine." She answered, making Kunal nod before putting the car on the road.

Assalamoalikum guys.

Hope you're doing well.

Here's the next update and an early one. On the insistence of my consistent reader

Thanks guys for reading my story.

Hope you have enjoyed it.

And please guys let me know if you guys have liked my work. I am totally clueless as you guys never told me about your views on the story. And to my silent readers also, please guys don't stay silent anymore. The story is going to end and after that I won't be bothering you guys. So please do let me know about your views on the story and characters and share it with your friends.

Last but not the least, love you all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4M 152K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...
238K 15.8K 36
They wanted to erase their existence but failed....... Fate wanted to separate them but again put them together...... They were never meant to be but...
2K 118 14
1st book of Raabata series~ "𝐑𝐚𝐚𝐛𝐭𝐚 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧." _____________________________ How that One encounter changed these...
149K 11.2K 43
Once touched by love, our lives can never be the same. Sameer Maheshwari, though born in India, grew up in London. Whereas, Naina Agarwal's world ha...