Burning Down | Harry Potter

By narcissablacc

~Where dwell the brave at heart, their daring, nerve and chivalry sets a Gryffindor apart~ What if there was... More

Announcement
Prologue
00.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
09.
10.
11.
12.
~Cordelia Black~
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37. (Important)
Act II
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
Act III
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
79 (II)
80

08.

6.7K 222 38
By narcissablacc

Cordelia woke up a little later than usual.

Getting dressed in a white full sleeves top, a black skirt with detailing. A pair of white ankle length boots and a long black coat. She went down the spiral staircase.

Her silky, smooth dark hair were falling on her back.

The common room was buzzing with excitement.

Dora walked out of the hole and went towards the great hall for breakfast.

The caretaker was standing with a list checking off names of the students.

Dora knew Harry was not going. His friends do fuss a lot.

"Scarred to pass the dementors Potter?" Draco yelled from beside Dora.

Dora was going to Hogsmeade with Draco, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle.

"It's quite nice" Blaise told Dora.

The two were walking a little further away from the other three Slytherin.

"We're going to the three Broomsticks?"

"Yeah" Blaise answered Dora.

Blaise Zabini was a little awe struck by the girl beside him. But then, who wasn't.

Walking into the Three Broomsticks, Dora saw each and every student there. It was packed.

"It'll be hard to find a table" Dora muttered.

"Absolutely not" Sneered Draco.

Crabbe and Goyle used their bulky figure to scare off a couple of third years.

The Butterbeer was simply amazing. Dora loved every sip of it.

Blaise and Dora also went to Honeydukes. Buying all sorts of sweets and biscuits.

Dora bought a little extra for Remus.

Dora chuckled when Blaise muttered something about how Dora had bought enough to feed all the third years.

"It was fun" Dora chuckled.

Her right hand was looped around Draco's, from their elbows.

The two cousins were walking behind their group.

"Yeah. The Butterbeer, I can't wait again"

"We can go to the shrieking shack maybe"

"Yeah, sure" Draco said sarcastically.

Dora rolled her eyes at her cousin.

In the short amount of time that Dora and Draco had spent together, Dora liked it better when it was just the two cousins.

Draco behaved differently, better. But when with the others she behaved like a total git, which annoyed Dora to no end.

It was dusk when everyone made their way back to the castle, a little cold but thankfully the butterbeer helped.

"See you at the feast"

Dora waved bye to Draco and Blaise before walking towards the Gryffindor common room hurriedly.

She set her portion of the sweets down, near her bed. Grabbing a portion for Remus, she went down.

"Here"

Dora said keeping the bag of sweets on Remus table in his office.

"How was your trip?" Remus smiled at Dora, looking through the bag.

"It was amazing. I loved the butterbeer" the girl told Remus excitedly.

"That's good. We better go off to the hall, the feast is about to start"

___________

___________

The great hall had been decorated with hundreds and hundreds of candle-filled pumpkins, a cloud of fluttering live bats, and many flaming orange streamers, which were swimming lazily across the stormy ceiling like brilliant watersnakes.

The food was amazing, even though Dora wasn't that hungry. She ate more than usual. Not missing the desserts.

Remus smiled when he saw Cordelia eating better than she had been for the past few days.

Well who could say no to this feast.

Remus smiled to himself a little, remembering all the pranks that they would pull throughout Halloween.

If only those days could come back.

After the little show put up by the ghosts of Hogwarts, they were all vacating the hall.

Dora was moving out of the hall when she heard Draco yelling through the crowd.

"The dementors send their love, Potter!"

But Harry didn't reply.

Dora often wondered about how patient did he have to be to not let Draco's everyday shouting and tormenting get to him.

Sighing, she moved with the rest of the Gryffindors. Upon reaching the corridor, Dora saw it was jammed with students.

Looking around she saw Percy Weasley making his way through the crowd, boasting about him being the head boy.

A moment later, Dora saw Dumbledore rushing forward, followed by Remus, McGonagall and Snape.

What is it...

Dora wondered, she couldn't see anything except for people's head.

"We need to find her" The headmaster said out loud.

Dora then realised that the fay lady was missing... where would she go? And why?

Peeves the  Poltergeist, cackled above everyone's head.

"You'll be lucky!"

"What do you mean, Peeves?" Dora heard  Dumbledore ask calmly, and Peeves's grin faded a little, he adopted an oily voice that was no better than his cackle. "Ashamed, Your Headship, sir. Doesn't want to be seen. She's a horrible mess. Saw her running through the landscape up on the fourth floor, sir, dodging between the trees. Crying something dreadful," he said happily. "Poor thing." he added unconvincingly.

"Did she say who did it?" said Dumbledore quietly.

"Oh yes, Professorhead," said Peeves, with the air of one cradling a large bombshell in his arms. "He got very angry when she wouldn't let him in, you see." Peeves flipped over and grinned at Dumbledore from between his own legs. "Nasty temper he's got, that Sirius Black."

It was when the students standing in front started clearing out, moving towards the great hall once again, did Dora see the ripped painting.

Sirius Black....

There were whispers in the great hall, Dora stood next to Cedric and his friends.

"Why are we here again?"

"The portrait that guards the Gryffindor common room was ripped to pieces by Sirius Black" Dora summarised it to Cedric.

"What was he doing here? And today?"

But before she could listen to their conversation, the headmaster announced that they had to sleep in the great hall for the night.

With a swish of his wand, there were purple sleeping bags covering the whole floor.

Everyone was talking about the incident.

Dora moved towards a sleeping bag when she heard Ron Weasley whisper, making Dora look at the trio with sharp eyes.

"Reckon she helped him get in"

But before Dora could snap at him, she heard a voice from behind.

"Shut it you bloodtraitor" Draco stood beside Dora.

"Didn't know manners costed money. Lost it all have you? No money no manners" Blaise's voice was heard from behind Draco.

Dora felt satisfied seeing their red faces.

"He only said what everyone else is thinking" Hermione Granger spoke up.

"And I don't remembering asking for your opinion mudblood" Draco sneered.

Dora looked around and saw a few people eavesdropping.

"Let go Draco. They're delusional" she said looking straight at Harry.

Dora laid down with Daphne Greengrass on her right and Draco on her left.

Daphne was pleasant to talk to, but the two girls hadn't known each other for that long.

Why would Sirius Black show up today? On Halloween.

There were thoughts swimming around in Dora's head.

Did he forget about it being Halloween?

He could've come in before, no?

There was something that didn't add up, Dora thought to herself.

-

The next few days were filled with people talking about how Sirius Black could get in.

The weather was getting nasty day by day. Cedric was busy with Quidditch practices, so Dora spent her time with Draco.

She also spent some of her time with Daphne Greengrass.

"So it's Hufflepuff against Gryffindor now" Draco finished his story, telling Dora how he could not play because his arm was not healed yet.

"You do realise that I know that your arm is healed but you guys butted out because of the weather?" She chuckled while writing down her notes for Ancient Runes.

"Don't tell anyone" Draco huffed.

"Hey" Dora said suddenly turning towards Draco with a huge slab of dark chocolate in her hand, "Here" she handed him the chocolate, which Draco quickly put in his bag.

"Why? Not that I'm complaining" he said looking at his divination homework, trying not to smile.

"For telling those three off the other night" she smiled.

"Blaise did too"

"I gave him his earlier cousin"

The two sat in comfortable silence after that.

Draco was quite glad that his attempts didn't go unnoticed. No ever had ever thanked him before for anything.

_____________________________________________

A.N:

Not me trying to make Draco look good...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 110 35
"We were so far into this war. It started with the Death of an innocent boy: Cedric Diggory. Then my mother, Cordelia Black. I don't know who's next...
21K 644 12
What if Sirius Black runs away but forgets about his brother, Regulus? What if him running away makes Regulus distance himself from him? What if in J...
177 4 6
It's 1980, and both Walburga and Orian Black have passed, only heir to the Black name, Regulus Arcturus, dead, making the disowned "Blood traitor" Si...