The Wedding Date ➸ Ziam

By guardianzayngels

[COMPLETE | AU] Zayn works at Walmart. He hasn't had a boyfriend or even been on a date in forever. He's houn... More

The Wedding Date
Rude Customers & The News
Malik Family Dinner & Trisha the Matchmaker
Pervy Blonde & Payne In My Ass
Liam James Payne & The Deal
Improper Grammar & Getting to Know You
50 Shades of Texts & Thigh Touches
Wedding Plans & Table Boners
Business Opportunity & The What Train?
Liam the Larry Shipper & Are You Shitting Me?
Perv Magnet & Meet the Harpers
Drinks & Confessions
♡Character Asks♡
♡Character Answers♡
Wedding Cakes & The Kiss
The Talk & Operation Real Fake Couple
Teabagged & Realization
Suits & Suspicions
An Announcement
Apologies & Acceptance
The Bachelor Party & So Wrong, So Right
Mistakes & Heartbreaks
The Wedding & The Truth
The Gift & The Flight Home
New Ziam Book!
Case of the Ex & Closure
Burrito Bowls & Louis' Advice
Clubbing & I Need You
Surprise Visit & Done Trying
Dr. Styles & Make Things Right
You Have Five Seconds & This Is Your Chance
The Event & I Love You
Wanna Show You & Love Me Like You Do
Lazy Days & Talking Bodies
My Forever & The End
♡Thank You So Much!♡

Live a Little & Progress

17.6K 900 966
By guardianzayngels

So nobody guessed my fav two songs:( They were Fool's Good and Stockholm Syndrome but that's okay! I hope everyone's had a good week, mine's been slow as hell and I'm happy af its the weekend. Anywho, here's the next chap:) The pic is what Liam's wearing in this chap. I'm pretty sure we all died when we saw this js.

>>>

It was the next day and I was getting ready for this 'date' with Liam but Louis and Harry were also joining.  We were going to explore the city, go out eat and all that jazz. It sounded like a nice relaxing day so I was in favor of it. It just wasn't a real date of course.

Louis and I were getting ready in Louis' bedroom while Harry and Liam got dressed in mine and Liam's bedroom. Harry being the little shit he is, insisted on us doing it that way because it was 'friggin' cute'. His words not mine.

"So what was up with that yesteday?" I ask while standing in the mirror fixing my hair.

"Whataya mean?" Louis looks at me briefly while tying his Vans.

I sigh, "What happened at the table? With the whole double date outburst and stuff. What the hell happened, Lou?"

"Nothing."

"That's not nothing, Louis" I say and I walk over to him. "Tell me the truth, are you and Harry dating?"

"No, I told you no" He answers quickly.

I place my hand on his shoulder, "You know you can tell me anything right? I'm your best friend and I love you and I'd love for you to tell me stuff that's on your mind or stuff you're hiding."

Louis scoffs lightly and pulls from my touch. I hear him mutter a 'yeah right' and I instantly get upset.

"Louis, tell me what the fuck is going on! I feel like I'm being lied to!"

Louis turns around to me fast, "Oh and like you don't have any secrets?!"

My throat immediately closes up. Shit, does he know?

"W-what?" I say shocked. "What do you mean?"

Louis sighs, "Look we all have secrets, some more than others and some dirtier than others. Don't try to make me the bad guy here because I'm not. Hate to break it to ya but I don't have to tell you everything."

I'm taken aback, "W-why? I"m your best friend, Louis!"

"If you were really my best friend you wouldn't pry into my life like some annoying ass spy. You'd know there are boundaries and not to cross them, back off."

I'm so hurt that he feels he can't trust me enough to tell me what's going on. But at the same time I'm keeping something from him too.

"Sorry for asking" I raise my hands in surrender.

Louis sighs and runs a hand through his hair, "Sorry for acting like that but we're not dating, okay? I swear."

"Okay" I nod. "Sorry for asking you, I believe you."

"Good, now are you ready to go?"

I nod in respones and we both head out into the hallway and walk to the staircase. On the way, we see Liam and Harry walking towards us and my mouth hangs open. Liam looks good, damn good. I mean, he always does but today...all I can say is hot damn. Its like he tried extra hard to look sexy and succeeded. He's in a simple white t-shirt that shows off those bulging muscles, loose jeans, and dark brown boots. I don't know whether I like him better in suits or casual clothes. Either way he knocks the breath from my lungs.

Harry approaches smiling smugly, "Close your mouth, Lou. You'll catch flies."

I turn to Louis' who's mouth is also dropped open, staring at Harry. "Wow...you look really good" He says.

A faint blush crosses on Harry's cheek as he folds his hands in front of himself, "Thank you" He grins and looks down at his boots. 

Louis steps on his tip-toes and wraps and arm around Harry's shoulder as they go downstairs. I stand there just watching, feeling eyes on me so I turn to see Liam looking at me then quickly looking at the floor. I bite my lip.

"Ready?" He asks.

"Yeah" My eyes rake over his body once again. "You look amazing" I say as I blush.

Liam laughs, "Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself" He winks and I feel my cheeks getting warmer.

He steps towards me and my hearts hammering. He bends down at pecks my lips swifly, "Hey don't be nervous, we're gonna have fun."

"O-okay" I look into his eyes and he looks into mine.

"My God you two are so in love. Get your cute asses down here!" Louis calls.

We break away our intense gazes and look down at Louis and Harry staring at us, Louis with a smirk and Harry with a goofy smile. I roll my eyes and walk down the stairs and cross over to them, Liam not too far behind.

"Who's driving?" Harry asks spinning the keys to Janet's Benz on his long finger. She was nice enough to let us borrow her car.

"Definitely not Louis" I remark.

"You can kindly go fuck yourself, Zayn. Or wait, that's Liam's job isn't it? Probably doesn't do it kindly either, eh?" Louis smiles cheekily.

I blush, "Ugh shut up!" I hit him in the arm and Liam laughs wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Leave him alone, Lou" Liam says kissing my temple.

Louis rolls his eyes, "Fine, Payno but only because you said so. I like you not him."

I scoff, "You love me."

"Yeah and this is the part where I begin to question why."

"Dat sass doe" Harry remarks.

"You know it hunty! Nothing better than a man with a lot of sass and a lot of ass!" Louis smacks his big bum briefly before opening the door. He looks at us, "Now let's go peasants, we have a long day ahead of us."

>>>

We mostly just drove around, Liam being our tour guide. He talks more about the business trips he's had. He shows us Wall Street, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, and Time Square. 

We parked the car on the side of the road and walk around Time Square, staring at all the buildings, signs, and people. I've never been so awestruck. New York is so colorful and beautiful. If I ever moved to America, I'd live here no doubt. 

We walked down the busy street, music filling our ears making Louis stop in his tracks. We look over to see a group of acapella singers singing with a small band of people playing drums on a tin and guitar on a little acoustic guitar.

"Aww yeah! This is my jam!" Louis began doing his favorite dance move, the 'stop the traffic let them through', right in the middle of the street. I covered my face in embarassment as Liam and Harry laugh.

"MIDNIGHT MEMORIES! OH, OH, OH, OHHHH! ANYWHERE WE GO, NEVER SAY NO! JUST DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!" Louis screams at the top of his lungs while spinning in circles. Harry giggles and joins him, them doing hip thrusts.

"Guys stop! You're so embarassing!" I groan, feeling everyone's eyes on me. Liam turns to me with this huge, devilish smirk on his face and I narrow my eyes at him.

"What?" I ask.

Liam wiggles his brows and the next thing I know, he's latched onto my arm pulling me to him. He starts to dance, shuffling from foot to foot and I freeze. "Come on Zaynie, dance" Liam starts to circle his hips.

"Oh hell no! No!" I say in protest. "I don't dance."

"That's a lie!" Louis buts in. "I've seen that flat ass of yours shake it, Zee so shake it!"

My cheeks burn even more as I hear bystanders laughing at Louis' comment. God, this is so embarassing, kill me now. The guys start doing the Macarena and I just stand there like a deer in the headlights. 

"COME ON EVERYONE, DANCE!" Louis yells.

And the craziest thing happens. All the bystanders around us watching, join in on the dancing and singing. It was like one big dance party. My mouth drops as my eyes rake over the dancing mob.

"Come on, Zayn, live a little" Liam says holding his hand out.

I glance at his hand and then back in his eyes. I did say I'd be less uptight. Ah, fuck it. I grab his hand and he pulls me towards him. I stand in the center of everybody and start doing the Macarena, shaking my hips violently causing people to laugh, including myself. As I see the crowds of people around me dancing and having fun, I begin to loosen up. I look over at Liam who's smiling so widely that his eyes crinkling.

I stalk over to him slowly with my hands on my hips. Liam stops in his tracks and raises a seductive brow at me. I raise my finger and bent it towards myself. Liam's eyes widen and he points to himself. I giggle while nodding and we continue to walk towards each other. When we're finally close, almost chest to chest, Liam snakes his arms around my waist and I place mine around his neck.

The acapella group begins to sing Lovebug by the Jonas Brothers.

Liam smiles, "I love this song."

"Me too" I smile in return and tighten my grip around his neck. We sway slowly to the song, just enjoying each other, ignoring the world around us.

Liam suddenly dips me and my eyes widen as he laughs. I punch him in the arm, trying to suppress a giggle. "Don't do that."

He chuckles and pulls me back to him, "Now I'm speechless, over the edge, I'm just breathless. I never thought that I'd catch this love bug again" He sings softly to me as his soft, brown eyes gaze into my own.

"You have a great voice" I say.

"Yeah right" He rolls his eyes.

"I'm serious, Li. You're voice is beautiful."

Liam blushes and its the cutest thing ever, "Thank you" He bites his lip and my eyes cascade down to them. I lean in and kiss him, not like the small pecks he's been giving me but a lingering one. Liam immediately melts, moving his lips with mine and I try to keep up with him but he's moving so fast, my heart racing and I could feel his too beating erratically.

I pull away, our lips smacking in the process. Liam gives me a goofy grin and begins to lean in again but before our lips could connect again, a voice calls out.

"What is going on over here?! Everyone out, scat!" An angry store clerk yells. "Get out the front of my shop!"

The crowd dispurses, Liam grabs my hand and yanks me away. We run down the streets, dodging people. We round a corner and stop, Liam leaning against a brick wall trying to catch his breath.

"T-that was a-awesome" I laugh trying to breath.

"Agreed" Liam. He takes my hand, "Hungry?"

"Starved."

"Come on then, I know the Hard Rock Cafe's near here, we'll walk."

"Wait, what about Louis and Harry? We lost them in the crowd back there."

"Just text Louis and tell them to meet us there."

 >>>

"So how are you liking New York so far?" Liam asks taking a bite of his sandwich. We managed to get a good window seat, Liam ordered a bacon sandwich with chips and tea while I stuck with a caesar salad and strawberry lemonade.

"Its amazing, I love it. I can't wait to visit Ant and Tyler out here. It'll be good to get out and spend time with each other in Manhattan" I say shuffling the lettuce around my plate.

"I knew you'd like it" He smiles cheekily. "I'm always right."

"Whatever" I roll my eyes playfully and take a bite of my salad. "This day has been good so far."

"That's nice because I more to show you."

"More?"

Liam chuckles, "New York's a big place, Zee. I can't show you everything sadly but we will end the day at going to the top of the Empire State Building."

"Really?!" I bounce in my seat with excitement. I stop once I realize what I'm doing. I clear my throat, "I mean, oh yeah, that sounds cool."

Liam laugh and shakes his head fondly, "You're funny."

"Really?" I ask. "I don't think I am."

"You're one of those people who don't even try to be funny, you just are."

"Oh well thank you."

"No problem."

A comfortable silence fills us as we continue to munch on our meals. We get to know each other more, talking about our likes and dislikes and favorites. Family, friends, and childhood memories. Well I talk about my family. When I ask Liam about his family he tenses up and I wanna know why. He did that before when we first hung out with each other at that fancy restaurant. But I won't push him into anything. When he's ready to tell me about his folks, he will. 

Louis and Harry eventually show up, they got lost which was no surprise there. They quickly eat and then we all head to the Empire State Building. 

And that's how I found myself looking out into the New York skyline. The five pm sky was a swirl of purple and orange, it was beautiful. I can hear all the hustle and bustle of the sleepless city below me. The cabs look like little specs of yellow and I can't even see the people we're up so high.

"Such a gorgeous view" I say in wonderment.

"It is" Liam agrees and I look over to him, seeing him staring at me.

I blush, "Stop looking at me."

He steps towards me, shrugging cutely with a lazy smirk, "Can't help it, you're breathtaking."

"Whatever" I mutter covering my face in my hands.

Liam laughs and takes some more steps until we're chest to chest. He wraps his arms around my waist and I remove my hands from my face seeing him looking at me.

"This has easily been one of the best days I've had in awhile, Li. Thank you so much."

A smile creeps on Liam's face. He kisses my forehead, "It was my pleasure, Zayn. And thank you for spending this day with me."

I smile in return and we close the small gap between us, kissing. We quickly get into it, marvelling in each other's taste and scent but Louis just had to interupt us.

"AWWW! You're mom was right, Zee! You two are adorable!" He squeals.

"Shut up, Louis" I say trying not to blush but I fail miserably.

"Alright that's enough you two. You guys ready to head back home?" Liam asks.

Louis, Harry, and I nod in response. As we head back to the elevator to leave, I can't help but have this grin on my face. It was such a fun day and I enjoyed myself, thanks to Liam. And we haven't fought which I can really get used to. We're making progress. Liam isn't as bad as I said he was. I wish I could've realized that awhile ago but we're here now, spending time together and appreciating each other's company and that's all that matters.

>>>

Kinda ended it lamely eh. This was just a cute little date chap. Zayn and Liam of course don't consider it a date but it so was;) Those little shitheads.

Comment: #ZiamFirstDate if u enjoyed this:) Love y'all, enjoy the rest of ur weekend

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

277K 16.6K 100
BigDaddyPayno? : Is your body from McDonald's? BabyBoy? : Liam, no BigDaddyPayno? : 'Cause I'm loving it? BabyBoy? : oh brother??‍♀️ Or a texting lov...
1.1M 17.4K 85
One shots all about Zianourry.. Requests are Closed till I can finished the request i have :) You might have to follow me to see some of the stories...
25.3K 1.3K 23
"Maybe, I don't," Liam glares at Louis, "But you know what I know? I know that if you and Harry suddenly see the light and stop running away from you...
39K 2K 11
When Zayn breaks his leg attempting to skateboard over Harry's car, he ends up stuck in the hospital for two weeks. The only thing he doesn't hate ab...