Rabid Bunny | KOOKV ✔️

By adDICKTAEd

I'll count 1..2..3.. That's your chance to flee. If you're lucky, you're free. If not.... You're a dead body... More

Prologue
Hallowed 1
Hallowed 2
Hallowed 3
Hallowed 4
Hallowed 5
Hallowed 6
Hallowed 7
Hallowed 8
Hallowed 9
Hallowed 10
Hallowed 11
Hallowed 12
Hallowed 13
Hallowed 14
Hallowed 15
Hallowed 16
Hallowed 17
Hallowed 18
Hallowed 19
Hallowed 19.5
Epilogue

Hallowed 20

14.1K 1.1K 1.3K
By adDICKTAEd

Bleak memory of what had happened yesterday was the first thing Taehyung had woken up to at the crack of dawn.

He found himself lying on top of bed like the usual, the only difference was his vague memory of ever going to bed last night.

"When did I fall asleep?" He murmured, eyes roaming in his surrounding and only then did it register to him that he's not in his own room.

"Where...?" He trailed off, searching his mind of the last thing that he could remember from yesterday.

When he went home, his brother was already waiting for him. After that, he quickly entered his room to look for the gift Jungkook mentioned in his message and then...

And then?

"What happened?" Taehyung murmured as he tried to recall what transpired after that.

But that was it.

He went out of bed and just in time, the door opened, revealing Seokjin's surprised face.

"Taetae.." Jin called out in hesitation as he went near him.

"Are you feeling alright?" The older asked as Taehyung simply nodded.

"What happened, hyung? Where are we?" Taehyung asked, immediately noticing the sudden change of expression on Jin's face.

Hesitation? Fear?

"About that..." Jin trailed off, seemingly uncertain whether to continue or not.

As he was about to say the words he had thoroughly thought of, the door opened once more and in came the person Taehyung didn't expect to see.

"Detective?" Taehyung uttered as his gaze landed on the face of the man who gave him a nod.

"Hey. How are you feeling?" Hoseok asked, throwing a look on Seokjin who immediately understood what that gaze meant.

Taehyung didn't know what to respond as his fixated gaze on Jin made the latter wary.

"You should rest until the effects of the drug wear out. By the way, I need to discuss some things with you, Mr. Kim." Hoseok said, pertaining to Jin who immediately followed the man outside the room, leaving Taehyung still with a lot of unanswered questions.

Drug?

Taehyung could feel something in the pit of his stomach, like an uncomfortable feeling that didn't feel quite right.

He went to follow the two out and as soon as he stepped foot on the hallway, he saw men in black guarding the door of what seemed to be a hotel room.

"What's going on?" Taehyung asked as one man stopped him from going further out.

He could only stare at his brother and the detective who were in a deep conversation.

Taehyung was no expert in reading the expression on his brother's face. With the way his eyes turned wide, brows almost in one line, Taehyung could not clearly tell.

But he knew something was off.

Something didn't feel right.

Just the fact that he's in a hotel room with men guarding his every move, and his inability to recollect the things that transpired yesterday, Taehyung could tell.

They're hiding something from him.

With not much choice, Taehyung decided to go back inside the room which seemed to have felt bigger than how it was supposed to be.

Like a cage confining him.

A lot of things were flashing in his mind nonstop. Hypotheses, possibilities, conclusions.

His mind got tangled in a series of speculations that ended up with a certain, only one conclusion that he didn't want to accept.

"There's no way..." Taehyung mumbled as he sat on the edge of the bed.

However, no matter how hard he tried to analyze the situation, he always arrived in the same conclusion.

A conclusion that Jungkook and him had been found out.

The sound of the opening door caught his attention as he darted his gaze on his brother.

He could see an emotion foreign to him in those eyes.

Emotion that only made the uncomfortable feeling at the pit of his stomach worse.

"Hyung... what did you do?" Taehyung asked in a hushed voice.

His blank eyes were fixated on Jin's face that showed both panic and regret.

"Hyung..." Taehyung called out once more as he continued to stare at his brother.

Finally, Jin was able to find the courage to smile, a comforting one.

"This is for your own safety, Taetae. From now on, he won't be able to bother you." Jin said.

His words didn't seem to register in Taehyung's mind as his brother sat next to him and engulfed him in a warm embrace.

"You're free now." Jin added, caressing Taehyung's head.

The warmth in his words were the coldest Taehyung might have ever received from him.

"What..." Taehyung tried to break free from Jin's embrace.

He stared at those eyes that were once full of fondness but now... they only looked deceiving and full of lies.

"Hyung.. what did you do?" Taehyung asked, almost breathless.

He could feel the discomfort in his chest as if he's lacking air to breathe.

As if Jin was suffocating him.

"It's alright now, Taetae. Everything will finally go back to normal." Jin assured, smiling.

But to Taehyung, Jin's face suddenly became hazy and dark, like that of a mask with nothing but fake smiles which hid his true intentions.

"I don't understand what you're saying, hyung." Taehyung said, moving away from the other's grasp.

It's fake.

Everything's fake.

This man... Everyone...

Fake!

"No.." Taehyung breathed as his mind finally arrived at the only truth.

"You... what did you do?" He mumbled, glancing at Jin who was taken aback by the tone of his voice.

"What did you do to Jungkook?" He repeated, eyes empty and dead.

The mention of the name had Jin looking away.

He couldn't muster the courage to respond. There's something in the way Taehyung was looking at him.

And it made him cower in fear.

"What did you do?"

————

"To whom do I owe the pleasure of your visit, detective?" Jungkook asked as soon as the detective entered the visiting room.

The latter didn't say anything as he went to check if the recordings were turned on. Upon confirming, he finally took his seat opposite to the other.

"So you haven't been eating?" Hoseok started.

"What's your plan? Starve to death?" He added in a sarcastic tone which had Jungkook smirking.

"Being confined here is death itself." Jungkook retorted, making Hoseok scoff.

"How ungrateful. This is more than what you actually deserve." Hoseok uttered, eyes fixated on the ravenette's face.

"Thank you, then." Jungkook spat, eyes piercing a hole on the other.

The silence that befell between them was deafening, enough to suffocate anyone who would try to come in between.

"Your arraignment is tomorrow." Hoseok broke the silence with an information that had Jungkook smirking.

"Tell me something I don't know." Jungkook remarked, letting his fingers play on the cuffs binding his wrists.

It created a clinking sound, annoying Hoseok deep down to his bones.

"Talking to you is exhausting. No wonder your attorney wanted to drop your case." Hoseok commented, sighing in an attempt to control his temper.

"Wouldn't that be a good thing for the prosecution?" Jungkook said in a sarcastic tone that made Hoseok sigh in frustration.

"Suit yourself." Hoseok said, standing from his seat.

"See you in court, then." He added before turning his back to leave.

He was by the door when he heard Jungkook's voice once more, subtle and almost a whisper.

"How's my little lamb? Are you taking care of it well?"

Hoseok turned to look and saw those dark raven eyes directed to him. Gone were the sarcasm and humor in his voice.

Only subtlety... tenderness for that one person.

His eyes darted on the recording device which could pick up all their conversations. With this in mind, he carefully answered.

"I could only promise it won't starve to death."

His answer made Jungkook smirk.

"Very well. Things would turn nasty if something were to happen to it."

It was clearly a threat, and Hoseok knew exactly what Jungkook would do if his little lamb would be entangled in all these shits.

"It couldn't be nastier than it already is." Hoseok mumbled before finally leaving the room and closing the door behind.

As he walked down the hallway, striding past a few other police officers, his eyes caught sight of the television in the lobby where the news about the captive serial killer was the topic once again.

"Fucking media." He spat, annoyed of how the case had been a public talk.

It was all over the news, something Hoseok was too against but could not do anything as the higher ups somewhat made it a hot topic by allowing interviews here and there.

As much as possible, Hoseok wanted the case to be handled in private. He's aware that arousing the public's interest would affect everything and make it complicated.

However, those corrupt police officers and higher ups who were only after promotion and fame were using the case to their advantage.

"What a load of bullshit." He murmured as he went inside his car before driving away.

————

The sound of the opening door caught Jin's attention from the drama he's been watching.

He immediately saw Taehyung who's entering the house with that same listless face.

If it were like before, Jin would've already asked how his day went. However, nothing's the same anymore.

"I didn't know you'd be back early. Let me prepare something for you to eat." Jin said in a forced cheerful voice.

He didn't wait for the younger to reply as he went to the kitchen in a flash.

Taehyung didn't say anything nor did he spare him a glance. He went to his room to get changed, like the usual. After the officials had secured their safety, they were finally allowed to go back to their apartment.

Everything seemed to have become a routine just like before, and Taehyung could only breathe and go with the flow.

Just like how a puppet would.

His body would move to do the things he had to do, but deep down, he's empty.

As empty as he used to be before Jungkook came.

And just like the previous days, Taehyung found himself reaching for the drawer and checking for something he already knew wasn't there.

But still, he kept on deluding himself.

He kept on wishing to find Jungkook's gift there or just anything that would remind him that everything they did together wasn't just his illusion.

For the past few days, Taehyung had been wanting to visit Jungkook after learning about what had happened to him.

He wanted to go to him, but he knew doing so would only burden the ravenette.

After all, Taehyung knew Jungkook's reason for surrendering without a fight.

It's all for him.

More than anyone else, even without saying the words, Taehyung could understand Jungkook.

And in return, he would act accordingly to what he wanted.

"Hang in there." Taehyung whispered before closing the drawer once more.

Everything's going to be alright. If Taehyung would have to wait for Jungkook's return, he would.

Even if it takes them years and years, he would wait for him.

With this in mind, Taehyung went out of his room and into the kitchen where Jin was still preparing his meal.

As he passed by the living room, Taehyung heard the name that made him stop and turn his head in a snap at the direction of the television which showed the exclusive live coverage of a court arraignment.

He couldn't understand the words thereafter, for his eyes and mind were focused on the ravenette sitting on the defendant's table on the left side of the courtroom.

"Arraign the accused." The judge said.

The court interpreter then stood and read the case filed against Jungkook who didn't seem bothered even in the slightest.

Taehyung could only focus on Jungkook's face which evidently became thinner from the last time he saw him.

The sight tugged something in his chest, suffocating him once more.

"The accused, with an evident premeditation and intent to kill, unlawfully committed series of murders on September of the year 2013 and 10 years thereafter victimized two more individuals. All the said victims had multiple stabs in different parts of their bodies which immediately caused their deaths." The court interpreter announced.

Taehyung could feel his stomach churn with every word. His legs seemed to have lost their strength as he continued to gaze at the ravenette who's now being questioned.

"Do you understand the crimes being charged against you?" The judge asked.

"Yes." Jungkook answered without batting an eye.

"What is your plea?" The court interpreter interrogated.

Taehyung could see the expression in Jungkook's face change into something that only made his insides flip upside down.

"No.." He whispered, knowing fully well what Jungkook would say.

And he's right.

"Guilty." Jungkook uttered, starting a commotion in the courtroom.

"The accused pleaded guilty, your honor." The court interpreter said.

With Jungkook pleading guilty, there's only the sentence hearing that would come next. No more trials.

"Let it be recorded that the accused pleaded guilty in the charges against him. If there's no more objection-" The judge wasn't able to finish his words when the detective from the prosecution's side stood to intervene.

"Your honor, may I stand before you and present some documents that would be of use in properly sentencing the accused?"

Taehyung felt breathless as he saw detective Hoseok stand before the judge and into the witness stand.

He couldn't understand what was going on as he stood there, holding his breath. It was in that moment that Jin emerged from the kitchen.

"What's..." Jin trailed off, seeing the news on the television.

He immediately went to turn off the screen but Taehyung was quick to stop him.

"Don't." Taehyung uttered as he gazed at the older who was speechless.

Those empty eyes seemed to pierce right through him, making him stop and back away.

Taehyung's eyes went back on the screen, showing Hoseok presenting the documents that he had gathered.

"As the accused pleaded guilty of the charges, it is only necessary for me to provide factual evidence that could support the sentence he has to face." Hoseok started, glancing at Jungkook.

"Based on the test and examinations the accused had undergone, he was found to be mentally unstable and suffering from psychological childhood trauma which in turn contributed to the acts of killings he had committed." Hoseok continued, making the courtroom into chaos.

The detective didn't budge nor hesitate even if the people from the prosecution side were making him stop.

After all, he should be on their side.

However, he's in no one's side but the truth.

When Hoseok promised that he would help Jungkook through the right process, with the right judgment, he vowed to make it happen.

He wanted to help him in the right way.

"With that, I propose to the judge and the jury to consider these facts and give consideration to have the accused undergo psychological treatment until he's stable enough to face the trial once again."

The courtroom was then again filled with chatters and opinions that had the judge calling for order. It took a moment for everyone to settle down before the judge finally decided to consider the proposition.

As the arraignment finally came to a conclusion, Hoseok stepped out of the podium without throwing a glance at the prosecutor who was giving him the look.

However, he stood his ground and walked back to his place without showing remorse.

The judge said few more words before calling the session adjourned.

As Hoseok was securing the documents in his hands before leaving, the prosecutor deliberately stood next to him.

"I don't know what you are planning nor whose side you are batting, but I don't intend to lose." The prosecutor discreetly uttered. His sharp gaze could kill and this had Hoseok smiling.

"I didn't know this was a competition." Hoseok retorted which earned an even deadlier gaze from the other.

"Don't get me wrong, prosecutor. I'm in no one's side but the truth. I live for the facts and act only in accordance to the evidence I gathered. So if you're taking this as a competition instead of seeking for the truth, I'm afraid you're competing against no one but yourself." Hoseok added before taking his leave.

As he went ahead, he passed by Jungkook who had his eyes on him.

"Don't expect me to say 'thank you'." Jungkook uttered as he glared at the detective who just shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't need it. I'm not doing this for you to begin with. I'm all for the truth." Hoseok retorted, earning an amused laugh from the ravenette.

"Aren't you a fascinating one?" Jungkook commented with a grin across his face.

"I'll take that as a compliment." Hoseok responded, giving Jungkook one last look before going ahead.

As soon as he went out of the hall, camera flashes welcomed him as the media crowded his path.

"Is it true that the suspect had suffered a trauma?"

"Sir! Are you trying to help the suspect by claiming he needs psychological treatment?"

"Sir!"

Hoseok brushed off the questions being thrown his way as he tried to reach his car. He was halfway through the hallway when the reporters clamored past him to get an interview of the prosecutor.

"Sir! Were you aware of the suspect's psychological state and have you envisioned that he would use his mental health to dodge the charges against him?"

The prosecutor stopped in the middle of the crowd as questions were being thrown his way.

Hoseok thought the other would not allow interviews, but he was wrong.

As he glanced at the prosecutor, he saw the look he was giving him and the smile that seemed to tick the last straw of patience he had.

"Honestly, I'm no longer amused by such scenarios. A lot of criminals have tried to use that same excuse over and over again in an attempt to get away from their crimes." The prosecutor started, confidently gazing at the camera.

"But as a prosecutor, it is my calling to seek for justice. A man like the accused, a killer who ended innocent lives just because he could do so must be punished accordingly." He added, smirking at Hoseok who was gritting his teeth in annoyance.

"So are you saying that his claim for medical treatment should not be granted and instead he must be sentenced of life imprisonment?" Another reporter asked.

The prosecutor stopped as if he's thinking thoroughly before opening his mouth to speak once again.

And Hoseok thought he should've just cut his tongue as he heard the words that came out of his mouth.

"Life imprisonment? Don't you think that's still not enough? After all, we still have that one." The prosecutor meaningfully said that made the reporters quiet at the implications of his words.

But only for a moment.

His words sparked the clamors and cries of the people around as one reporter bravely asked the question that started a debate from the public who have divided opinions about the matter.

"Death sentence?" The reporter asked, making the prosecutor smile, an evil one.

South Korea is classified as "abolitionist in practice," which means that the government retains the death penalty but has not actually executed a criminal in the past 10 years or longer. The last execution took place Dec. 31, 1997, when 23 convicted of murder were hanged.

"Don't you think it's time to finally show those criminals the fangs of our law? Teach them in the right way so they no longer disregard the gravity of the crimes they commit." The prosecutor uttered as he directly gazed on the camera in front of him.

"The public must know the urgency of this matter. It's high time to set an example." He added as he gazed at Hoseok who was glaring at him with daggers in his eyes.

———

As the day of the sentence hearing came closer, various media outlets had released articles, interviews, and conclusions as to what the sentence for the accused would be.

It had been the only talk on the news, may it be on television or radio.

The involvement of the media in the case had sparked the public's rage as divided opinions came to view.

Every single day, Taehyung had to endure listening to people's chatters on the streets about Jungkook. Often times, he would hear the opinions of those people who did not even know anything, nor the truth but would talk aimlessly as if they knew everything.

As if they knew Jungkook enough to judge him.

And every time he would hear hurtful words, Taehyung could not stop feeling a burning sensation in his chest.

It's unpleasant, as if he's being drowned inside but he couldn't do anything.

He couldn't do anything.

And that reality alone would leave him listless as he waited for the day of the hearing.

Taehyung prepared himself for the worst, but when the day finally came, he realized nothing could prepare him from the pain.

"This court find the accused, Jeon Jungkook, guilty of the crimes charged against him and in accordance to Article 41 of the Criminal Code therefore sentence him of death by hanging." The judge ordered.

Taehyung could not tear his gaze from the television as he witnessed Jungkook's sentence. He stood there, eyes fixated on the screen where Jungkook's face were being focused on.

Jungkook's smiling.

He's smiling, but Taehyung knew what that smile meant.

"No.." Taehyung mumbled, feeling his knees turning into jelly as he slumped on the floor.

He could see from behind that smile that Jungkook was afraid and hurting.

"No.." He uttered once again as he felt Jin's hand on his shoulder.

"Tae.. it's -" Jin wasn't able to finish his words when he saw Taehyung's face.

His body turned cold as he stared at Taehyung who had tears streaming down his eyes.

He's crying.

For the very first time, Jin had witnessed something he had longed to see... for Taehyung to finally show his emotions.

However, he never wanted it to be that of tears.

"Tae.." Jin called as he held the younger by the shoulders. His tears were flowing down his blank eyes as he stared at him.

"Hyung.." Taehyung whispered, touching the liquid that stained his face. He gazed at his wet fingers for a long time, unable to understand the feeling that pierced his heart.

And for the very first time, Taehyung was able to cry.

"Hyung.." Taehyung uttered once more as he desperately held Jin by the arm.

"Let's go to him, hyung.. hyung.. He... He needs me." His tears continued to flow down his lifeless eyes as he gripped harder on Jin's arm as if he's holding on for his life.

As if clinging to him could save him from losing himself completely.

"Hyung.. please.. I need to see him."

Jin couldn't control his own tears from falling as he stared at the grim face of his little brother.

He looked so lost and in pain as he desperately held on to him.

Never in his life had he wished to see Taehyung like this. He wanted him to be normal, but if this was the kind of emotion he would feel the moment he became normal, then Jin wouldn't want him to be normal at all.

Not this.

Seeing him hurting wasn't something he could take.

"Taetae.." Jin held him in a warm embrace. He could feel him shaking as he caged him in his arms.

Where did everything go wrong?

Jin knew what he did was right.

Then why?

Why was Taehyung crying?

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry." Jin mumbled as he too cried with the younger.

"I'm sorry, Tae." He repeated.

For what? Jin couldn't tell.

He couldn't understand the need for saying sorry to Taehyung because he knew what he did was the right thing.

He saved Taehyung.

He saved him from that man.

What he did was right.

But then again, he couldn't stop himself from saying sorry.

"I'm sorry.." Jin cried once more as he held Taehyung closer, not wanting to let go.

Maybe deep inside, he knew.

That after all, instead of saving Taehyung, he let him drown.

Drown in the misery he could see in those tearful eyes.

"I'm sorry."

---------

"Fuck it!" Hoseok bellowed, anger rising in his heart upon learning the sentence. He threw his phone on the wall, hitting the vase on the rack which caused it to break.

The shattering sound echoed in his office as he continued to burn in rage.

"Those fucking assholes!" He spat, just in time for the door to open, revealing Yoongi who was taken aback by the anger he could see from his face and the sight of his unruly office.

"What's going on here?" Yoongi asked as he approached him.

Hoseok didn't say anything. He took his coat and was about to leave without a word when Yoongi grabbed him by the arm.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Yoongi asked in an irritated tone.

"Why are you here?" Hoseok asked.

"You've been acting strange these days, so I came to check. What the hell is happening to you?" Yoongi asked once more.

As he was long discharged from the hospital, Hoseok didn't contact him once.

At first he thought it was because of the case he's handling, but something just felt off especially when Hoseok didn't answer his message even once.

"I heard the case is successful, but why do you look like shit?" Yoongi asked, eyeing Hoseok intently.

"I feel like shit." Hoseok said, tugging his arm away from Yoongi as he went for the door to leave.

"Where the hell are you going?" Yoongi followed but Hoseok was quick to stop him.

"Just fucking mind your own business." Hoseok spat before running down the hallway and into the parking lot where his car awaited him.

"Asshole." Yoongi spat back as he angrily went back inside Hoseok's office.

Hoseok drove his car as fast as he could away from the building. He was beyond angry and frustrated, and those two feelings being combined were deadlier than anything.

At that moment, he felt like hurting someone and the image of the prosecutor came to his mind.

"Fuck!" He bellowed, angrily pulling his car on the side of the road to let off some steam.

He's huffing for air in an attempt to calm the chaos in his chest.

"Assholes.." He uttered, gritting his teeth once more, settling his head on the steering wheel.

"Fuck you all." He mumbled as he finally remembered what he had forgotten.

Hoseok forgot.

He had forgotten that he too was powerless to provide Jungkook the help he needed.

That after all, he too was a part of that unfair world.

A world ruled by the powerful, oppressing the weak and the powerless.

A world where justice was a word for the rich and not for the poor.

This was Jungkook's world, and Hoseok had forgotten it's his too.

As he accepted his reality and finally calmed down, his rational mind came to view again. He started the car and drove his way to where Jungkook was being detained.

It took him half an hour before he was able to come face to face with Jungkook who was smiling at him.

"The first one to visit me, huh?" Jungkook uttered as he sat comfortably on the chair. His hands were bound by cuffs, but he seemed to not care at all.

"How long can you keep up that I-don't-give-a-fuck façade?" Hoseok asked as he gazed at the ravenette who just shrugged his shoulders.

"Until I'm dead, I guess?" Jungkook said.

Hoseok stared at him for a long time before he took a seat across him.

"Everything's fucked up, right?" Hoseok said, resting his head against the back of the chair as he stared at the ceiling.

"You just realized now?" Jungkook retorted, gazing at the other.

"Yeah... How foolish, huh?" Hoseok said.

"Yeah... What a fool." Jungkook agreed, lifting his gaze up to where Hoseok was looking.

"You okay with it?" Hoseok suddenly asked, glancing at the other.

Jungkook hummed in response, understanding the question.

"Should I be not?" Jungkook asked back. This time, Hoseok hummed in response.

Nobody talked for a while, yet the silence was not awkward. Instead, it's the kind of silence they both needed.

In that silence, Hoseok realized something. Maybe if the circumstance had been different, Jungkook and him would have been friends.

The kind of friends who would drink the night away without really talking about anything and burning their lungs from puffing a pack of cigars while gazing at the night sky.

"So, you're okay with it?" Hoseok asked once more.

Jungkook laughed as if the question was meant to be a joke.

"Did you come here to ask me that question over and over again?" Jungkook uttered in an amused tone.

"Aren't you afraid?" Hoseok asked instead, lifting his head to look at the ravenette in the eyes.

"No." Jungkook responded.

"Not for myself, at least." He added, and Hoseok knew what he meant.

He sighed before standing to turn off the recording. Jungkook thought he would finally leave, but the other stopped in front of him and discreetly slipped something in his pocket.

"It's the least I could do." Hoseok whispered before finally leaving.

As Jungkook was taken back to his cell, only then was he able to see what the detective had given him.

It was the gift he had left in Taehyung's drawer.

He thought it had already been taken by the police as an evidence, but that sly detective had kept it.

"Don't expect me to thank you." Jungkook whispered as he sat on floor, head resting on the wall as he held the gift in his hand.

When the detective asked him if he's afraid, he was honest when he said he's not.

And that's the truth. He's not afraid of what's going to happen to him at all. He's afraid of what Taehyung would feel after that.

More than himself, he's afraid of what Taehyung would do to himself once he's gone.

And that fear was the only thing that's keeping him on edge.

Maybe it's foolish, but when Taehyung came to his life, he became his sole reason for breathing.

His life and his death... it's Taehyung for him.

As Jungkook opened the small box, he immediately saw the ring that would have been perfectly adorning Taehyung's slim finger by now.

It would have been perfect for him.

Jungkook sadly smiled as he took the small note that he had kept with it. He pictured Taehyung's face as he read the note.

He would have been happy.

He would have been, but now... it would only be in Jungkook's imagination.

If only Taehyung had received this gift, would he really be happy?

Jungkook knew Taehyung would be happy. However, as things turned out like this, he was relieved that Taehyung didn't get to see the gift he had left him.

Because it would only leave him in greater pain than he was already experiencing once he's gone.

"Maybe I should thank that guy after all." Jungkook whispered to himself.

He's glad that Hoseok didn't give the gift to Taehyung instead.

It's enough that he's the only one who knew of the pain and regret.

"How foolish." Jungkook whispered as he read the words he should've asked Taehyung a little sooner.

As he did, tears stream down his eyes.

If only he had asked it sooner, would the outcome change?

Ready to fulfill our promise? -Your Hyung

————
Love you 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 575 24
[Slow updates as I am busy in updating other story] "𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰?" 𝐇𝐞...
28.8K 1.4K 48
⬆️Top jungkook ⬇️bottom tae Older jungkook Younger tae Psycho tae How dare you let him touch you love?huhh?Was I giving you too much freedom?but don'...
89.1K 4.3K 33
Jeon jungkook who lives a simple and subtle life. Still, deep inside he wished well for someone... still... But! What will happen if that certain so...
596K 32.2K 106
"I wish I'd have never even met you," Jeongguk spat, hand pumping just a bit faster, his tongue moving swiftly towards the other male's tip. "Be quie...