The Bloom Titan (1/2)

By Supreme_Noeva

The waves crash onto the golden sand, leaving foam on the shore as it pulls back. It is a special day, as a g... More

CH.1: The Adori Manor
CH.2: Devastated and Alone
CH.3: Bad Dreams
CH.4: Goodbye Home
CH.5: On the Run
CH.6: More Friends and Foes
CH.7: The Final Tests
CH.8: The Night of The Ceremony
CH.9: All Hell has Returned
CH.10: Promise
CH.11: The Forgotten
CH.12: Roses
CH.13: Strange Power
CH.14: Humanity's Last Hope
CH.15: Relief for Trost.
CH.16: Trial to Determine Life or Death
CH.17: The Special Operations Squad.
CH.18: An Expedition Outside The Walls
CH.19: Ghost on our Trail
CH.20: The Female Titan
CH.21: A Pain Filled Cry
CH.22: Failure or Success?
CH.23: Counter Attack
CH.24: Plan B
CH.25: Fire Against Fire
CH.26: Danger Within Wall Rose
CH.27: More Like Us
CH.28: Cold hands
CH.29: Traitors in our Midst
CH.30: The Repeat
CH.31: Bloom
CH.32: Rare Encounter
CH.33: New-found Power
CH.34: Sweet Failure
CH.35: New Grounds
CH.36:Escape
CH.37: Body Double Mission
CH.38: Distant Memory
CH.39: Distant Memory (Pt.2)
CH.40: Mission Failed
CH.41: The Cave of Crystal
CH.42: Ritual
CH.43: A Massive Problem
CH.44: Against a Giant
CH.45: Action
CH.46: Kenny Ackerman
CH.47: Queen Historia
CH.48: Answers
CH.49: Arielle Harper and Dr. Jeager
CH.50: Understanding
CH.51: The Night Before Hell
CH.52: The Lands We Once Called Home
CH.53: The Return of the Traitors
CH.55: Grace
CH.56: Tranquillity
CH.57: Elegance
CH.58: Numbness
CH:59: Discovery of the Unknown
CH.60: Outside the Walls
CH.61: Malice
CH.62: The Restorationists
CH.63: Blessings and Paradise.
CH.64: The Angel of Destruction
CH.65: The Curse of Ymir
CH.66: An Extra Traitor
CH:67: The Funeral for the Fallen Heroes
CH.68: February 8th, 851
CH.69: Dream

CH.54: Nobility

140 9 0
By Supreme_Noeva

My attention switches from the Beast Titan to the Armoured Titan within a milisecond, as I hear something that sounds an awful lot like crystal breaking behind me. I swivel on my heel to see the Armoured Titan's finger-tips and the ends of his toes a light shade of blue; all of his once stubby nails, sharp like claws. He lifts himself off of his knee and gets into a running stance.

He soon pushes off of his back foot and charges towards the wall which we are currently upon. Reiner is suddenly out of view and the wall beneath us shakes, hinting that he's maybe trying to climb the wall.

Commander Erwin spins round quickly. "All troops! Avoid clashing with the Armoured Titan! Stay away from him!" He orders.

"Roger!" We all shout in unison. I turn round again to inspect the Beast Titan and the Titans surrounding him. I walk over to the edge of the wall.

My eyes scan across them all for a while. There was at least two rows of Titans forming an arc round the outer town, blocking all means of escape. The first row was occupied by two-to-seven meter Titans, all standing idly side-by-side.

The second row however, consisted of nine to seventeen meter Titans. All of them lounging about without reason. Why are they just standing there? Shouldn't they be chasing after us because they're hungry? What am I thinking, Titan's are never hungry, they just kill for the sake of it.

My eyes flicker over the Beast Titan again but, a strange Titan next to him catches my attention. A Titan on all fours with... luggage on it's back? Multiple crates and barrels could be seen on it's saddle.

Meaning, it didn't transform at the same time as the others. Does that mean it could possibly been the enemy's look-out, and alerted Reiner and friends of our approach? Does that mean they were aware we were coming here to reclaim the wall? But how?

"That quadruped type down there is an Intellient Titan." Erwin states. Everyone that was standing in earshot gasps. "No, there might even be others."

He's right, there may be others. But, how can a normal Titan communicate with a human. Could it be a Titan with the same abilities as Eren and I?

The Beast lets out a loud roar and lifts his hand up into the air. He clenches it into a fist and slams it against the ground, disturbing nearby birds in trees.

Suddenly all the two-to-seven-meter Titans start charging towards us in a sprint, all of them acting like Abnormals.

"They're moving! Multiple two-to-seven-meters approaching!" Hanji shouts to everyone.

I remember while reading the report of what happened at Utgard castle, written by Connie and Historia as they were the only survivors of the attack that were on our side, and it said that the Beast Titan had wiped out the horses and Titans ambushed them making escape impossible for them at the time.

Are they trying to do the same thing as before? Because I know fine well that Shiganshina is deep in Titan territory so, if they wipe out our only way to escape and our supply chain, they can keep us on edge for weeks on end until they can just waltz in and take me and Eren when we're too weak to resist.

The shudders in the wall become stronger than before. "C-Commander! The Armoured Titan is close! And we still don't know where Bertholdt is!" Armin wails, worry and uncertainty evident as he spoke.

"Yeah, I know." Erwin reply's casually. He looks off towards where the Beast Titan stood; obviously deep in thought about something.

He takes in a deep breath ready to say something. "Are you finally ready to say something?" Levi cuts him off. "I could've had breakfast during the wait."

Erwin turns round and sends out his arm, ignoring Levi's comment. "Dirk Squad and Marlene Squad! Protect the horses at the gate with Klaus Squad!" He then turns round and points to where I was standing with my squad. "Levi Squad and Hanji Squad. Take down the Armoured Titan! Employ the Thunder Spears at your own discretion! Achieve your objectives whatever it takes! This moment! This battle! The survival of humanity depends on it! Once more, for humanity... dedicate your hearts!" He declares at the top of his lungs.

All of my squad jump off the wall and Levi, Armin and I go to follow them.

"Wait! Levi, Armin, Ezlyn!" Erwin orders, turning round to face us. "I did say Levi Squad, but I need you two to stay, Levi Ezlyn."

"To protect the horses and not Eren?" Levi asks.

"That's right." Erwin points to the Beast Titan with his sword. "And to strike him down when the chance comes. You two are the only ones I can entrust to take on the Beast Titan."

I sigh and walk over to the other side of the wall. "Yes, sir." I turn round to Levi who stood around for a moment.

"Understood. Since we failed to kill that armoured brat earlier, we'll make up for it with the Beast Titan's head." He states walking up to me and jumping off the wall. I stand a bit shocked at his confidence but snap out of it a moment later remembering my task.

I jump off the wall following Levi down to where the horses were stationed. I fire a hook into one of the houses to slow my fall.

I run over to the recruits that are looking after the horses. A familiar face turns to face me.

"Captain?! Shouldn't you be on the other side of the wall?" Zarah asks me frantically. A few other familiar faces turn to look at me. Aksel, Ebony, Cosette and Elias also stood with the horses, keeping them steady.

"Yes, I should but, I've had orders from the commander to protect the horses and you guys from incoming Titans." I reply, drawing a rose blade and kneeling down on one knee to create a matching one.

"Titans?!" Cosette gasps, her voice shakey. I hum.

"Yeah, coming right this way." I stand up with two rose blades in hand, ready to kill any Titans that come near us.

A red flare goes up to our right on the other side of a house. One has slipped through the defence and is heading right our way. I turn round and glance over my shoulder to look at them.

"Keep your guard up!" I yell, taking off onto the houses roof to locate this Titan. I see a Titan running about like a headless chicken down the roads so I chase after it as fast as I can.

I jump off the roof and launch my anchors into it's shoulder blades and reel myself into it. The wind pulling back my hood, revealing my Titan marks to all the soldiers around me.

I pull back my blades and start spinning round and round, gaining momentum, until I strike the Titans nape with my blades. Not only do they slice the nape, they go right through the Titans neck, slicing the head right off. The Titan falls beneath my feet, face first onto the ground with a thump.

I inspect my blades quickly to see if they've been dulled at all, but there seems to be no marks on them at all. I check their sharpness by running them cross the tip of my finger and a cut forms and my crimson red blood stains the tips of both swords.

I pull my hood up again and go on the hunt for more Titans to slaughter. I hear a loud scream from my left and see a man get grabbed by a Titan and is getting lifted into it's mouth.

I wince and hook my anchors onto the back of it's head and propel myself towards it. Yet, I was too late. The mans head is severed from his body and blood splatters the ground below him.

Finally my swords connect with it's nape and the head goes flying off it's shoulders and onto the ground in a matter of seconds.

Once again, a Titan falls limp and hits the ground with a thump.

I wipe the cold sweat off my forehead and launch myself up onto the roof of a nearby house. I stand there panting for air, glancing back at the body of the man I couldn't save.

"Damn it. I was too late." I curse to myself. I hear an ear piercing roar from the other side of the wall. A very familiar one. The Armoured Titan.

Is that his call for help!? I quickly turn to check on the Beast Titan.

He grabs a barrel from the quadruped Titans saddle and hurls it towards us. It fly's over head and over the wall.

Could that possibly be Bertholdt? The Colossal Titan?! A pit of dread forms in my stomach. All my friends are over there. Will they be alright? Jean... Jean's over there aswell. Hanji too...

I punch myself in the leg to snap myself out of it. I chuck my feelings aside as they are not as important as the mission. I spot a few Titans running after recruits with horses and propel myself towards them.

I fire a hook into one of their shoulders and I start to spin round to gain momentum. My swords connect with one of their napes and it falls limp. I fire an anchor one of the other ones and slice it's nape, it also falls limp.

There was one last one, at least a six-meter-class. It turns round and charges towards me full speed. I have no other choice but to wipe out it's ankles first.

I launch a hook onto a building behind it and fly by it's ankles, letting my blades go right through them. I land on the face of the building with my knees bent. The Titan hits the ground and let's out a cry of pain. I jump off the wall and run towards the rear end of the Titan, leaping up onto it's back.

I pull my arms back and strike the Titan's nape with all my might. It drops dead like a fly and I turn round to check the recruits that were being chased.

"Captain Harper?!" Marlo shouts, turning round the horses. Floch was with him aswell.

"Hurry and move the horses already!" I yell at him as he was wasting precious time.

A deafening explosion noise caught me off guard and the air around turned yellow. The ground shook beneath me and I fell over after losing my balance. I covered my eyes and looked over to the wall.

On the other side of it there was a massive orb of light that soon exploded, sending waves of radiation towards us along with massive gusts of wind. Is this the true power of the Colossal Titan?!

I hope everyone was out of range from the explosion because, if they all died, I might just lose it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.4K 394 27
You are still as stiff as a board, trying to slowly take bites while Levi sips his tea with his free hand. You're shocked he would be so bold in fron...
23K 367 16
"Why don't you try to associate yourself with others?" The black haired girl asked facing the board same as the brunette whose 1 meter apart from her...
90.1K 2.9K 80
'You look over to the spot your parents were standing not even a half a minute ago. Your ears were ringing, the big boulder in front of you earning y...
276 3 6
"Hard times are often blessings in disguise. You must let go and let life strengthen you. No matter how much it hurts, hold your head and keep going...