A Pretty Lie ✔️

Door winteratheart__

'Every boy is a player, Until... He meets his true one' ... "Come on Inaya! You just have to pretend" he whin... Meer

✨Intro✨
Chapter 1 | Pretend
Chapter 2 | Karma
Chapter 3 | Fiance
Chapter 4 | Embarrassment
Chapter 5 | Mission
Chapter 6 | Engagement
Chapter 7 | Blushing
Chapter 8 | Cuteness
Chapter 9 | Blackmail
Chapter 10 | Flushed up
Chapter 11 | Emotional
Chapter 12 | Motherly love
Chapter 13 | Handsome face
Chapter 14 | Married
Chapter 15 | Sleepy head
Chapter 16 | Hatred
Chapter 17 | Awkward
Chapter 19 | long trip
Chapter 20 | Innocent
Chapter 21 | Pool party
Chapter 22 | Upset
Chapter 23 | Ignoring her
Chapter 24 | Sorry
Chapter 25 | Too close
Chapter 26 | Happy moment
Chapter 27 | Scared
Chapter 28 | Tempting
Chapter 29 | Bold move
Chapter 30 | Insane
Chapter 31 | Bullying
Chapter 32 | Deadly Disease
Chapter 33 | Painful
Chapter 34 | Shy
Chapter 35 | Accident
Chapter 36 | Strong
Chapter 37 | Love
Chapter 38 | Jealousy
Chapter 39 | Adorable
✨Epilogue ✨
Bonus Chapter ✨

Chapter 18 | Feelings

4.2K 292 39
Door winteratheart__

I look at the girl who is pulling her lower lips between her teeth out of nervousness or maybe hunger?

She secretly takes a peek at me but quickly lowers her head when sees me glaring at her. "May I know the reason for you skipping your lunch and dinner" my voice coming out stern but calm.

She like a very stubborn brat subtly shakes her head, which did not go unnoticed by me.

"Inaya" I call out the girl who breathes out still not leaving my hand as if it was her stress booster since she is toying my fingers.

"Inaya" I again call the girl losing all my patience at once...she has already faced the worst because of skipping her food and now she is doing the same and just the thought of seeing her in those hospital rooms, laid in those pale beds scares me.

When she completely ignores me, I lose my sanity.

"Inaya I am not taking this shit, if someone is asking you a question they expect an answer in return. Now look up and tell me why the hell did you skip your meals?" Even when I am scolding I can feel the brat rolling her eyes at my statement. If she thinks I am acting like an old cold teacher then she is wrong. I am hell worried and I seriously get scared when she does not eat properly.

Because that's what she did years ago.

"Don't yell at me...it's all your fault" she mumbles still looking down her lap "I was not yelling Inaya and how are you skipping meals, is my fault?" I raise my eyebrow, furrowed up in confusion "It is" she again mumbles, will she ever speak properly?!

"Inaya look at me" she does not do as said and I only sigh at her stubbornness getting irritated and upset, but soon aunty brings her food and places it in front of her.

I pull my hand away from her's and stand on my legs, Inaya's head snaps towards me but I Ignore her since she likes to do that, let's give her what she likes.

"Mama I have some work to do so I am leaving early" I lie so I can leave this place, I don't have any work to do, I thought of taking a leave today so I can hangout with Inaya who was telling me how bored she is in this home all alone. I guess I need to cancel all the plans now.

I can feel Inaya looking at me but I ignore her and smile at mom who looks hesitant and dad who has a look of worry.

"Take care and...eat well" I speak while looking at mom but everyone knows whom I am referring it to.

She nods but peeks at Inaya whose eyes are still on me. When I asked her to look at me she ignored my words like a stubborn brat and now she is not blinking her eyes...this girl is seriously too much and I know how to handle this too much girl.

I let out a breathe while walking away towards my bedroom to get change and freshen up so I can leave.

Inaya's pov

I close my eyes shut when the front door was shut close by Zaarib, I shove the spoon in my mouth while ignoring the physical impact occurring in my chest.

I swallow the food while chewing it twice, I can feel both old couples eyes on me but I remain unaffected when my heart is clenching with hurt and was crying with pain at his sudden rudeness.

I eat in silence not even enjoying the taste of the food but forcing myself to swallow everything so I do not faint again.

I stir my food but quickly wipe away the tear which escaped my eyes. I am not going to think about him, he is a rude bastard, I hate him.

I didn't do anything and here I am suffering from all the pains because of him and he left me just like that I hate him...he should have waited for me to reply. I was preparing a perfect speech in my mind and I thought like always he will sit there with patience.

I hate him he is too much, three much and so much.

I am not going to talk to him!!

I look down at my food trying my best to hide my crying face in front of my parents-in-law who I know is looking at me with pity.

When I eat my plate clean I standup to walk towards the sink with my wobbly leg which are weak. I wash my plate before placing it on the stand, I do not bid anyone goodbye but walk away feeling terrible.

I silently sit on my bed while adjusting pillows behind my back feeling lonely in this big lone room. And the loneliness is breaking my heart more. I bring my pillow to cover my face when the past incident flashes in my mind.

He was so rude with me...when I did nothing. He could have been more patient.

I mumble to myself but let my tears fall and like an immature kid, I cry at nothing.

Aunty was right people change after marriage. He did too.

I sniff against the pillow hugging it tightly as if it will also leave me just like Zaarib did. I close my eyes and didn't realise when my eyelids got heavy and when I went into a deep slumber.

I rub my eyes waking up after a big nap but the moment I woke up I wished I would go back to sleep. I hold my head tightly in my palm when a sudden pain hit my forehead.

I shut my eyes close slowly sitting up, my head throbbing and I just want this to disappear.

While I was dealing with my misery, I heard the door being opened, I do not look up already knowing who it must be.

I bite my lips while acting as if I don't care about his presence when it was opposite to what I was feeling. I held my head low trying my best to not look at the rude human whose manly perfume is hitting my nostrils.

I press my lips together suddenly feeling nervous when I hear his footsteps coming closer.

The more he steps closer the more my heartbeat is rising, But I try to remain unbothered.

Inaya he left you, he yelled at you, your not gonna talk to him, yes just ignore him. My inner self taking me to the very wrong path when somewhere I felt I was wrong too but the feeling of being correct was more than being guilty.

"Inaya" his gentle yet dominion voice was enough to run shiver down my spine, I do not look at him but give my head a massage, I still feel the ache but the nervousness is making me forget every single pain.

I hear him sighing but see him forwarding his hand so I lift my eyelids to see tablets in his palm with a glass of water in his other. I so want to smile at his care but the inner demon asked me to be in my upset character so I do not take the medicine and ignore him.

"Take this....you will feel better," he speaks with his soft calm voice which I love to hear. "You don't have to worry about me" I mumble but loud enough so he could hear, I can imagine him rolling his eyes at me.

"Inaya Take this and stop testing my patience" his voice is now stern and I know he is losing his sanity. I look up to see him in his formal attire, top two buttons unbuttoned making him look like a perfect intimidating husband. "I don't want" I speak my voice bolder than I thought.

I roll my eyes on his face to irritate him more but regret doing the next moment when he yanked my face up while holding my chin, heat rushing through my cheeks when he holds my chin in between his thumb and index finger firmly but yet gently.

"Gulp this or I make you do it" his voice very serious but the stubborn brat inside is not leaving my soul, I stare back into his grey orbs as he does the same, and I can feel the tension rising between us.

"Last time I am telling you to take this by yourself or I will do it and I am sure you won't like my way" he takes a peek at my lips and I can feel my cheeks heating up more under his touch.

Eventhough my heart is screaming at me to obey him but the evil devil tries takes over my angel side.

"Did I stutter? If yes then I repeat myself, I do not want to take those medicine, am I clear enough to you now" even when my words are bold I speak in a whisper when I see him reducing the distance between our face, my heart beating like an Insane mad woman.

I feel like fainting at his closeness, his long warm finger gently sliding from my jaw to my nape as he takes a hold of my nape like a professional, goosebumps slowly crawls over my body when he looks deeply into my eyes.

I gulp but do not break the eye contact acting as tough as I can. "You really are a stubborn brat, but sweetheart I am more stubborn than you think I am" he gently squeezes my nape while heavily passing his thumb on my jaw as he traces gentle caress which is making me feel things I have never felt.

His eyes radiating so many emotions but I am not able to read any

I feel like an Uneducated fellow.

He then places the glass of water and medicine on the nightstand while pressing his knee on the mattress to hover over me, which he is already doing with his height.

What the hell is he trying to do?! Inaya give up he looks like an insane man the way he is eyeing my lips is making me go crazy!

"I--" my breath stops when he presses his finger against my lips asking me to shut up "shh sweetheart" he gives me a soft smile "you did not want to take those medicine by yourself right?" No I take back that!! Please!! My inner self panics when I see him leaning closer. This is wrong he can not get closer to me...I am his....oh yeah I am his wife now.

"What--" he again shuts me up, "I said you to be quiet" and I quickly shut my mouth hearing his intimidating voice "since you felt so lazy taking these medicine by yourself, let my help you" he pause his sentence but leans more closer and I am sure I will faint now "with my..." he glances down at my lips as he whispers and my eyes widening on its own knowing what he is trying to say, cheeks which are already flushed flushes up more at his sentence.

He takes a peek at my lips which are shut close and pressed tight

"I am sure you will enjoy it" he gives me soft smile and I quickly press my palms against his chest.

"Sweetheart you look pale what's wrong?" he is enjoying my misery too much, I can feel it. And I hate him for that and I also hate myself for ignoring his request.

"Should I give you another chance?" he softly questions with a hum and I quickly nod without missing a beat feeling way too intimidated under his gaze.

"Hmm" and to my greatest and greatest surprise without teasing me more he brings the medicine towards my lips still staying close, he gives a gentle pat on my lips asking me to open my mouth. I gulp but do as said and soon he slips the unflavored medicine into my mouth but moves back and helps me to drink the water.

I like an obedient kid gulp the glass of water and he slides his hand from nape to my cheek to caress it softly "So me being close to you is your weakness, I like that" he lets out a deep chuckle and I so want to crawl under the bed to hide my beetroot face "get lost" I mumble pushing away his hand from my skin.

He laughs out loud while nodding his head but pulls his shirt out which is tugged in his pants "You look cute when you blush" he speaks with a chuckle, that comment was not necessary!! Stop killing me!!

I turn back only to snatch a pillow and throw it on his face "I am angry!! Don't talk to me!" I yell and throw another pillow so I could hide my embarrassment.

"Are you sure? I think your flustered more than Angry" he teases me again and knowing it is a complete truth I cannot help but whine out loud in fake irritation to keep my dignity.

"Okay okay calm down" he giggles but bends down to take a pillow and I take the opportunity to jump over his back and he lets out a surprised gasp but flies his hand to my thighs to hold me.

"Next time you pull the stunt you just did, I swear I will kill you" I wrap my hands around his neck and he only laughs at me making me feel more embarrassed "I am serious!! Don't you dare do that again, I-I hate when some is so close to me" I lie with a stutter yes I do hate when people come closer to me mainly boys but for some odd reason I was feeling a different adrenaline rush when he was close to me, it felt good and I hate myself for feeling like that.

"Oh really, but your cheeks said otherwise" he exposes me and I so want to dig my own grave "don't talk rubbish, cheeks do not speak" I slap his head and talk rubbish to hide my embarrassment "Oh no baby they do...I can tell you were expecting me to kiss--" My eyes widening on their own and I fly my hand towards his mouth to shut him up but he is already laughing out loud and my cheeks--let's not talk about it.

"I hate you!" I mumble but he only laughs and pulls me up when I was sliding down, I wrap my arms around his neck so I do not fall " hate is a very strong word sweetheart" he speaks while walking towards his walk-in closet "I know that's why I am using it" I roll my eyes at him, but hear him chuckle.

"If you do the honour of hopping off my back...I may proceed on changing my dress" he peeks at me but I shake my head as a no, "I hate you" I again mumble and he knows when I am upset I mumble a lot.

"Hmm" he hums in response and moves his hand from my thigh to pick a shirt and sweatpant "you are rude" I again speak only to hear him hum in response "I won't talk to you" he doesn't reply to that.

And I feel like screaming at him out of frustration when the morning incident flashes in my mind, I dig my face against his back but punch his arm feeling upset and angry all of sudden.

He walks out of the closet and I punch him again when I don't get any reaction from him "I am sorry sweetheart" he finally speaks in his soft voice and puts me down on the bed so I remove my hands and legs from him so I don't look clingy, when all I did was clinging on to him.

"I didn't know you skipped your dinner because of me, I asked you so many times and you were sitting there like a statue and the only thing came in my mind when you did not answer was you skipping meals because you want to lose your weight" his voice was so genuine as he looks deeply into my eyes and I am feeling guilty in no second when I hear him...he was worried about me.

Why do I have to be so stubborn?!

"I didn't want to see you in those ugly beds again, you have suffered a lot already, and I know how childish and insecure your brain is" he talks about something I am trying to erase from my mind.

"I-I just didn't want to sound like those cliche opera soap wife's" I mumble feeling shy all of sudden but hear his giggles, I fiddle with my finger to not look nervous.

"But that was so sweet of you, and I am sorry I did not inform you and if something happens like this again I assure you that I will listen to you with patience, okay?" I look up only to glare at his sentence.

I pick a pillow that is beside me only to throw it on his face which to my greatest pleasure landed on his face and he lets out an 'ouch'.

"Yes, it's all your fault!! If you talk to me like that or-or if you come closer to me again like you did today, I swear I will snatch your hair away from your head" I glare at him and he only chuckles.

"Okay okay" he pauses and stands up to get changed but not before turning me into a living tomato "...but stop denying that you didn't enjoy my touch" he winks at me and jogs towards the washroom while laughing when he sees me searching for an item to throw on his face.

"I did not enjoy you pervert!!" I yell so he could hear as I hold my hot cheeks in my palms while grinning at myself but only hear his loud laugh in return.

Argh! This is too much!

I hate him!!! Umm but in a good way.

Gosh, he is driving me crazy.

......

My head rested on Zaarib's shoulder lazily while we both stay in a comfortable silence "What are we going to do now?" I question feeling bored but take a peek at the guy whose eyes are closed and a relaxed expression was rested on his handsome face.

"I am bored" I whisper again but hear him hum "Amusement parks are open till 10 and it's 7 now" my eyes lit up at the thought of rides, food and stalls.

I quickly nod my head, while sitting up straight feeling excited. He lets out a chuckle looking at me who is acting not less than a kid.

Boy, I feel like I am grounded in this big house with two old souls. Of course, I gonna jump and do a happy dance at the name of outing.

"Go change" he speaks in a low voice with a smile on his face, he looks tired, not mentally but physically um should I ask him if he really wants to go or should I act like a kid and ignore him?

I jump out of the bed to go get change while debating in my mind, okay lets just ask him, if he says he is tried and if he looks like he is forcing himself to go then let's just cancel this and go with Netflix and chill policy.

Yup.

I turn around "Zaarib?" he looks up with a raised eyebrow "yes?" his voice low and tired, the face looks drained from all the night stays he do to complete his work. And yesterday he had so many events to attend and today I disturbed him. Gosh! I am such a trouble maker!!

The way I got excited at the name of going out, I am sure he would lie on my face "What's wrong?" when I do not reply he speaks again a little bit of confusion lingering in his tone.

"Umm" I rush towards the desk to pick my laptop up only to rush back and jump onto our bed "huh? What are you doing?" he looks at me all confused "2 minutes" I quickly rush out of our room towards the kitchen to grab whatever snacks I see, I open the fridge to see juice bottles and I grin feeling happy.

After picking up the available snacks I quickly run towards our room before he could come out and ask me what's wrong.

"What are you doing?" he stands up to help me with all the stuff in my hand, I do not reply but jump on the bed pulling the duvet over me, I On the cooler and place the remote beside me, so I can get all the feels I should get.

"Get in" he still looks like a lost puppy confused and trying to figure out what's going on but joins me and I couldn't help but grin at him. I quickly turn the lights off, since the switches are right beside me.

"We are not going to amusement park, it's Netflix and chill time!" I chirp but peek at the guy who is hiding his smile already figuring out the reason behind my change of plans.

"Why did you change your plan?" he questions me but I shrug acting all normal when I can feel my cheeks hitting up at his soft hum and his calm breath which I can feel and hear since he is sitting very close to me.

"Because this sounds more fun" I wink at him and he only gives me a soft heartwarming smile which is shaking up my heart "okay you choose the series" I scroll down in search of a perfect movie to watch at this hour.

"No you do" he replies while making himself comfortable beside me, after feeling all comfy comfy, he puts his hand behind my back which did not bother me since I would use his arm as a pillow.

"Hey I am not finding any, you tell me" he does not reply, his eyes on the laptop screen and the same goes to me "Tell me" I nudge my elbow asking him "you won't like my choice" I roll my eyes at that.

"No...we will watch whatever you say" he hums In response to my reply but rests his chin on my shoulder and I try my best to not look like a freezed ice cube.

"I wanted to watch fifty shades of grey with you" I shut him with my loud yell before he could speak further and burn my already hot cheeks "I! I WILL CHOOSE--you you just sit and watch"

"Wait—with me? Why?!" I snap my head to look at him but regret the next second when he was so close to me.

"We are married now, so you could learn things" He had this naughty smile on his face and my eyes automatically doubles its size.

Grabbing the pillow I dig my face hoping to find myself in other world "Astaghfirullah! Astaghfirullah! Ya Allah Zaarib! Astaghfirullah! What is wrong with you today?!" Series of Astaghfirullah leaves my mouth but he finds this so funny that he rolling on his stomach.

He laughs out like a mad man and I smack him hard on his stomach for always annoying me. What is wrong with this guy?!! Stop acting like a perverted casual person!

I shouldn't have shown mercy on him!! Its All my fault! He loves to see my pink cheeks, I hate him!

I hate him but in a good way.

"Mommy let's watch mommy" I mumble but feel him nodding, it's not a horror movie but an interesting story. I pick up the chips packet, to fill my stomach already.

I pull my duvet higher, feeling cold and goosebumps are all over my arms as the scene looks so interesting.

After few minutes I take a peek at Zaarib who is softly snoring beside me sleeping like a baby, I knew he was tired.

I do not disturb him but pull the duvet higher to cover his body and see him snuggling closer.

It's not as enjoyable as amusement park but it's okay, sacrifices are done in marriage, right?

.......

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

146K 6.4K 40
#1 in husbandandwife 2020 #1 in September 2019 #8 in kindness (12/09/19) Inaya was a girl full of life and always desire to become a successful perso...
90.9K 4.3K 31
Have you ever happened to loathe someone so much that you couldn't even stand them. Well yes, it did happen with Aayat and Zayan. They had the most...
189K 14.1K 58
●Highest rank #5 in Spiritual. ●#67 in Romance.Getting at the top. ALHUMDULILLAH● //To all my lovely, silent readers, please vote. It encourages me...
283K 12K 32
« Sequel of RÚẞÅRÚ - Í$H¶ » «Stand Alone Book» ~ ZÁ¥¥ÁÑ ~ "The world is all about give and take, Create your OWN°°° ~ Á¥€DÁ ~ "The wor...