The Grumpy Jerk

By bunnyblahblah

A KawaSara or Kawaki x Sarada Fanfiction in an Alternate Universe (AU) setting. Read to find out! Rated 13+ ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Announcement!!!

Chapter 4

947 35 12
By bunnyblahblah

"Listen, class! Since the School Festival is approaching, I want you to check on the box beside your name with the corresponding club that you want to be a part of. You will be participating in this year's Festival as part of your extracurricular activity point," our class adviser informs us.

She is disseminating papers to each of us to be filled up.

The choices are:

Music Club, Sports Club, Taekwondo and Martial Arts Club, Drama and Theater Club, Research and Development Club, Dance Club, Kitchen Club, and Arts and Designs Club.

After we checked on the box of our choice, we passed it back to our class adviser.

"Which club did you choose, Sarada?" Chocho asks me.

"I checked on the Drama Club," I smile at her.

"Seriously?" she asks in shock.

"Yup," I say and nod.

"Why did you choose that club though?" she asks me while her brows twitching.

"I want to be an actor like Mr. Martin. I think being an actress is cool," I tell her.

"Well, you can memorize a four-stanza poem in just 10 minutes. So, I think memorizing scripts won't be a bother," she comments.

"What about you?" I ask her.

"I choose the Kitchen Club," she replies.

"I didn't know you like cooking, Chocho," my expression is surprised, to be honest.

She shakes her head and says, "nope, I like to eat."

My jaw drops when she said it.

Oh? I didn't see that coming.

"Hey, Boruto, which club did you choose?" I hear Tsubaki asks him.

"Oh, I chose the Sports Club," he responds to her.

"Wow, that's so cool of you. I can't wait to cheer you up in the upcoming Basketball Tournament," she giggles.

"Which club did you join in by the way?" he asks her.

"The Dance Club so, I can cheer for you," she says and giggles again.

"That's so kind of you Tsubaki," Boruto replies nicely.

"Hey Kawaki, which club are you in?" I hear Shikadai asks the jerk.

"None of your business."

How rude.

"Come on, there's nothing to be serious about it," Shikadai adds.

"Leave him Shikadai, let's go somewhere," Inojin calls out for him and they leave the jerk alone.

He has not got any friends since he transferred here. Well, he's a jerk and unfriendly it is not that surprising at all. He is the exact opposite of Boruto and I dislike him so much.

"Kawaki is so cool."

"I hope he will ask me out one day."

I hear the girls gossiping about him again.

I don't know what's going on with them he is just walking in the hallway wearing his apathetic face all the time.

"I don't understand them. Why would such girls go crazy over a jerk?" I frown.

"Kawaki is cool and handsome. It can't be helped," Chocho responds.

"Is that so?" I utter.

Well, they don't know what kind of a jerk he is. There's no way I can withstand such a mean and rude person.

"By the way Chocho, we will have a practice in the Drama Club. Maybe it will be finished late so you can go home ahead after class," I tell her.

"Are you sure? That will be a little dark," she is worried about me.

"Don't worry, I will be fine," I assure her and she nods.

We will be doing a Cinderella play for the upcoming Festival and I will be playing the role of the Fairy Godmother. I like it so much. I hope I'll get the lead role next time that will develop my skills as an actress.

Chocho did well in the Kitchen Club. She cooks and eats for herself. I chuckle in my mind.

"Sarada, there will be a basketball practice game this afternoon. Are we going to watch?" Chocho asks me.

My heart race when I heard her say about the practice game. Boruto's in the Sports Club and is part of the basketball team.

"Well, it's Boruto playing in the red team," she reminds me then chuckles.

"Let's see. I want to watch him play too," I say and she giggles.

We head straight into the stadium after class to watch Boruto's practice game. When we arrive, a few girls were already there.

"Sarada, let's go over there," she tells me while pointing at the vacant seats near the court.

"This is the best spot, Chocho. We will see Boruto plays here," I remark and she smiles at me.

"Boruto is the Captain of the Red Team," I hear one of the girls say. Chocho looks at me with a grin on her lips.

"Did you hear that? Boruto is the Team Captain," she chuckles.

"Umm. I wonder who is the captain of the Blue Team," I say.

"Well, I don't have an idea about it," she shrugs.

"They are here!" The girl shouts and everyone giggles when they see Boruto and the others come out of the locker room wearing their basketball uniforms.

They come out with some boys from different levels who joined the Sports Club too.

"Wait, Mitsuki is the Team Captain for the Blue Team?" Chocho furrows.

"I guess so," I respond to her.

"Mitsuki's quite good, but with all honesty, he has no match against Boruto. He is a Star Player and an Ace," Chocho remarks.

"The Blue Team has not decided yet who will be their Team Captain, so Mitsuki will just act like one just to make this practice game happen," the coach says.

"So that's it," Chocho utters.

"It hasn't been decided yet. I wonder who will that be," I say.

"We will know when the Festival comes," she says.

All ten members assemble in the middle of the court. The game is about to start.

"Good luck, Boruto!!"

A group of girls shouts to show their support for Boruto.

"Eh? How annoying," Chocho complains. I give her an unsure smile.

I look at Boruto and he smiles at them. The girls giggle more and almost faint.

"I think Boruto likes being noticed," Chocho boldly says.

"He is just nice, Chocho," I tell her.

"Why don't you cheer for him? Maybe he will respond with a smile too."

Is she giving me a suggestion?

"H-Huh? I'm not doing that?" I fluster.

"I'm sure you don't. You don't dare to do it," she narrows her eyes looking at me.

My shoulders drop at her statement. I know that I don't have the nerve to do it. All I can do is fluster or stutter in front of him.

The whistle blows and the ball flies in the air.

"Ahhhhhhh!"

Shouts from Boruto's fangirls echo inside the stadium.

"He got it!" I bawl.

Boruto gets it and dribbles the ball and is running in the direction of the ring. He jumps and shoots.

"Yay!" a loud cry of joy comes out of my mouth.

Chocho is just silently watching them.

"I'll cheer for Mitsuki then," she says.

"Eh?" I respond in confusion.

"Poor thing. Nobody cheers for him," she adds.

"Go Mitsuki! Get that blonde's butt out!!!" Chocho shouts.

Everyone has gone silent and looks at her. I am even shocked.

"Cho-Cho..." I utter.

I see Mitsuki smiles at her.

They keep playing until the Blue Team asks for a time-out. I can see how members of each team pants and sweat.

"If only I can wipe Boruto's sweat," I hear one of the girls utter.

Just what the hell?

"Eww, she sounds gross and desperate for Boruto's attention," I can see Chocho cringe at the girl's statement.

"He-he-he, it can't be helped," I say.

"Don't tell me you are thinking the same?" she accuses me.

"Huh?! Of course not!" I yell at her.

"Hmm..." she sounds not convinced.

"What? I never think of that idea you know," I snap.

She is still not convinced.

"You know what, Chocho? Boruto's so cool that makes every girl in this stadium go crazy over him," I tell her.

"Don't count me in. I don't like Mr. Populars but rather the sidekick ones," she frowns.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Not all good-looking popular boys are cool to me. Well, I would not count Kawaki. He is a dreamy type but you hate him," she keeps telling me vague things.

"So, you like that jerk?" I ask.

No way. Chocho can't like such a kind of idiot.

"Kawaki is handsome and cool but I think he doesn't like hanging out with girls so, I don't like him," she tells.

Thank goodness!

Chocho is a lot different from me. She is friendly and sociable. She effortlessly hangs out with both boys and girls. She can easily be friends with them. It's not that I am not friendly but a few is enough for me. I usually hang out with Chocho because we are best friends. We've been friends since grade school.

The referee whistles to signal that the time-out is over and both teams must get back to the court and so far, Boruto's team is on the lead. Chocho was right when she said that Mitsuki has no match for him, but the game is not over yet maybe there will be a turn of events.

"Boruto doesn't look confident about this game he is giving his best here," Chocho notices.

Well, I agree. Boruto seems not to play cool but he is serious and most of all he's enjoying this whole time.

It's already the second half yet the Blue Team hasn't surpassed Red Team's score and still catching up.

Boruto's fangirls are still cheering for him and it makes him even more alive. I think showing support does give courage to someone. I wanted to cheer for him, but I am hesitant to do it. I am afraid some people misunderstand and judge me. I don't like people criticizing me, and many girls will probably get into me and call me dumb names.

And I'm not yet ready for that so, I will just keep this little secret of mine until the right time comes.

A buzzer sound signals that the game is finally over.

And as expected, Boruto's Team won. Mitsuki did his best shot there. Anyways, it's just a practice game and the final game will be at the Festival.

A week before the Festival...

Everyone is busy with the preparations. The Kitchen Club will be doing various food stands during the day. The Taekwondo and Martial Arts Club will be doing a training event. The Drama Club will be doing a play. The Music Club will be doing a musical. The Research and Development Club will launch a new technology made up of the scientific geniuses of the campus. The Dance Club will be doing a cheer dance before the sports event takes place. The Arts and Designs Club will hold an art exhibition and the Sports Club will hold a Basketball Tournament.

I am excited about our play and I am well-prepared for it. I have memorized all my lines and the set-ups. Chocho's been busy lately because she is doing the cooking. Well, she's one great cook and she eats a lot.

FESTIVAL

I wave at Chocho when I see her at their food stands.

"Sarada, good luck with your play. I will be watching," she yells.

"Okay, see you there," I yell back and proceed to the auditorium.

Everybody's busy with the preparations and I change with my costume.

"You look great, Sarada," our drama adviser compliments me. I think I flush at her statement.

"Thank you," I say and she just smiles at me and leaves.

The play starts in a few minutes.

Is Boruto going to watch?

I feel nervous about the thought. I should not make any mistakes and must do my best so that our adviser will see my potential and offer me a lead role next time.

The seats are slowly occupied. I am watching from backstage. I see Chocho approaching and I wave at her, she sees me and waves back.

"Wait, that's..." my heart beats fast.

It's Boruto! Don't tell me, he's watching?

I feel suddenly agitated. I'm heating up.

"I think it's not only our adviser I need to show off to but to Boruto as well," I murmur.

You need to do your best here, Sarada!

The play starts with Cinderella cleaning the house, cooking, and talking to her pets. And then a letter from the castle about the ball comes to her awareness. She prepares her dress before the ball starts. She wears the gown and gets all dressed when her jealous stepsisters and stepmother ruined everything. Cinderella cried and the fairy godmother appears to save the hopeless young lady.

I can see Chocho's smiles from the crowd when I appear on the stage. I glance at Boruto and he keeps his calm and relaxed face. I think he's enjoying the show somehow. I hope so.

The play ends and the crowd applause including Boruto. My eyes are fixated on him.

"Sarada, the game is about to start!" Chocho hurries and drags me inside the stadium.

"Can we slow down a bit?" I ask her. She ignores my complaint.

"It's almost full," she utters.

We need to register first before we can get inside the stadium. I don't know what is that for.

The Basketball Tournament is the last event for this year's School Festival. Everyone is excited because it is Boruto who is going to be on the court.

"I wonder who is Blue Team's Captain," Chocho whispers.

"We will see then," I say.

"Ladies and gentlemen, let's welcome the Red Team!" the host starts.

My eyes sparkle when I see Boruto leading the whole team. Every Team Captain appears to be ahead of his teammates. The crowd roars. I can hear Boruto's fangirls cheer for him.

"And give a terrific roar for the Blue Team!" the host welcomes the Blue Team.

Wait, who's leading them?

My eyes widen when I see a very familiar face walking ahead of his teammates.

"No way," I hear Chocho utter in disbelief.

I am surprised myself.

It's the jerk! Yes, he's the one leading the Blue Team.

Does he even know how to play basketball?

The crowd roar as loud as when Boruto comes out.

"Kawaki! You're so cool! Go for the trophy this year!"

One of his fangirls shouts.

"Go Kawaki! Go Kawaki!" another girl cheers.

"He's so famous now," Chocho remarks.

"What's going on?" I utter.

I hope he won't hit people with the ball this time.

"Listen, this year's tournament has a twist. The President of the Sports Club has planned to give the girls a gift for their commitment to the Sports Club's yearly Basketball Tournament. Every girl inside has registered their names before entering this stadium. Now for the twist, I will be drawing a name from this box. The lucky girl will have a meal with the Captain of this year's winning team," the host announces.

"What?" I snap.

"Just one?" Chocho asks.

If the winning team is Boruto's Team, how I wish to be the luckiest girl from that box.

"Please me!" I hear from the crowd.

"I hope it will be my name," I hear from another.

"Both are cool and handsome, I hope it will be me."

So, it wasn't just me but most of us desire to be picked from that box.

"I'll be drawing now," the host says.

I don't know but I feel nervous and cold sweats appear on my forehead.

I crossed my fingers.

"And the lucky girl is..."

"Sarada..."

***********************************************************************************************

Hey, there loves!

I made this update longer today because from now on, I'll be updating slow. I'm back at work and I'll try my best to update as soon as possible. I'll give you a little spoiler about the next chapter. It will be on Kawaki's POV. You sure won't miss Kawaki's side of the story. Soon there will be other characters' POV too and new characters coming to join the rumble of Sarada's messy puppy love story. I have plotted a lot about this story and I'm excited to write 'em down. I could not completely update fast here since I am updating two stories at the same time.

Anyways, keep me inspired so I will make time updating The Grumpy Jerk from time to time*winks*

Ya all stay safe and healthy!

Love,

bunnyblahblah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 18.7K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
10.4K 72 16
Y/n, a Dior model, the little sister of the well known professional footballer Pedri. She gets a deal with the football club he plays for, Barcelona...
716K 16.1K 44
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
25.5K 806 12
Julie and Eyeless Jack. So common, so many similarities. That's what Julie thought until one night when she is abducted by this sly cannibal. Will...