The Bloom Titan (1/2)

By Supreme_Noeva

The waves crash onto the golden sand, leaving foam on the shore as it pulls back. It is a special day, as a g... More

CH.1: The Adori Manor
CH.2: Devastated and Alone
CH.3: Bad Dreams
CH.4: Goodbye Home
CH.5: On the Run
CH.6: More Friends and Foes
CH.7: The Final Tests
CH.8: The Night of The Ceremony
CH.9: All Hell has Returned
CH.10: Promise
CH.11: The Forgotten
CH.12: Roses
CH.13: Strange Power
CH.14: Humanity's Last Hope
CH.15: Relief for Trost.
CH.16: Trial to Determine Life or Death
CH.17: The Special Operations Squad.
CH.18: An Expedition Outside The Walls
CH.19: Ghost on our Trail
CH.20: The Female Titan
CH.21: A Pain Filled Cry
CH.22: Failure or Success?
CH.23: Counter Attack
CH.24: Plan B
CH.25: Fire Against Fire
CH.26: Danger Within Wall Rose
CH.27: More Like Us
CH.28: Cold hands
CH.29: Traitors in our Midst
CH.30: The Repeat
CH.31: Bloom
CH.32: Rare Encounter
CH.33: New-found Power
CH.34: Sweet Failure
CH.35: New Grounds
CH.36:Escape
CH.37: Body Double Mission
CH.38: Distant Memory
CH.39: Distant Memory (Pt.2)
CH.40: Mission Failed
CH.41: The Cave of Crystal
CH.42: Ritual
CH.43: A Massive Problem
CH.44: Against a Giant
CH.45: Action
CH.46: Kenny Ackerman
CH.47: Queen Historia
CH.48: Answers
CH.49: Arielle Harper and Dr. Jeager
CH.50: Understanding
CH.51: The Night Before Hell
CH.53: The Return of the Traitors
CH.54: Nobility
CH.55: Grace
CH.56: Tranquillity
CH.57: Elegance
CH.58: Numbness
CH:59: Discovery of the Unknown
CH.60: Outside the Walls
CH.61: Malice
CH.62: The Restorationists
CH.63: Blessings and Paradise.
CH.64: The Angel of Destruction
CH.65: The Curse of Ymir
CH.66: An Extra Traitor
CH:67: The Funeral for the Fallen Heroes
CH.68: February 8th, 851
CH.69: Dream

CH.52: The Lands We Once Called Home

140 7 0
By Supreme_Noeva

I stand upon Wall Rose, looking out into the sunset with Zip's reins in hand. I stand next to Eren, Mikasa and Armin.

"The sun's almost down. It's finally time." Eren says plainly, looking out into the horizon with me. I lead Zip into the elevator and hand his reins to one of the other scouts.

Tonight is the night we leave to retake the wall. Whether we happen to meet Reiner and Bertholdt there remains a mystery. We just have to wing it and go with the flow. If some of us die, it's our time to go.

I walk over to the edge of the wall to see a massive gathering of people.

"Take back Wall Maria for us!" Someone shouts.

"We're trusting you with the future of humanity!" Another yells at the top of their voice.

"Captain Levi! Thank you for saving our city!"

"All of you better come back in one piece!"

"But make sure you get our land back!"

Sasha, Connie and Jean walk up next to me and Sasha taps my shoulder and smiles. I understand what she means and fling my arms up in the air with them.

"Yeah! We'll make you proud!" The four of us shout down at them. I had a crazy smile painted over my face. I close my eyes and imagine white rose petals.

My hands began to feel a tad heavier and I open my eyes to see a big pile of white rose petals in my hands. I offer my friends them and they take some each. We fling them over the edge, each one fluttering down onto the crowd.

"I promise we'll get the wall back! No matter what the cost!" I wail, cupping my hands round my mouth so it's a bit louder.

I hear a loud war cry from my left and I see Commander Erwin with his fist in the air using the top of his voice. The crowd below goes crazy and does the same back. Erwin draws a sword and points it beyond the wall.

"The operation to retake Wall Maria begins now!" He yells. We all rush to the elevators and I stand huddled next to Connie, Sasha and Jean.

Once the elevator reaches the bottom I jog out of it to find Zip close by. I brush my hand over his nose and rest my forehead on his jaw. "You'll be a good boy for me, won't you?" I whisper. He whickers and nuzzles my shoulder as if he was saying 'Yes, I'll be good for you.'.

"Good." I do a run up to the stirrup and launch myself onto the saddle, landing softly on the leather. My boots rubbed against it making a squeaky noise as I shorten my stirrups for the take-off.

I kick Zip on and trot up next to Levi with our squads right behind us. Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Connie, Sasha, Jean, Ebony, Zarah, Elias, Aksel and Cosette had serious expressions on their faces.

Soon everyone was in the formation ready to go. Erwins pure white horse rears up ono it's hind legs. "Advance!" Erwin orders. I kick Zip's ribs and urge him into a gallop to follow the others. Everyone let out a war cry full of effort and bravery.

I push my worries aside and change my mood so it's serious. It's mandatory that I mentally prepare myself for the deaths of my comrades otherwise I won't be able to control myself when the time comes. I'm grateful that I wasn't made to take the Titan Serum, because my brain is very indecisive especially under pressure.

I glance behind me at the wall that was now a good distance away. The sun was almost down and we are at least nine miles away from Wall Maria. Nine miles away from the town I once ventured. Nine miles away from my house I abandoned. Nine miles away from the bones of my childhood friends.

I furrow my eyebrows as I was dwelling on things that were illogical. I turn to Levi. "What route does Erwin plan on using?" I ask, shortening my reins.

"He's planning on going through Wald-Bank, the forest you, Eren, Mikasa and Armin will be familiar with, as this land is your homeland." He keeps his gaze on the land in front of him.

"Wald-Bank, you say..." I squint my eyes as I've known my way about that forest as long as I can remember. It was the place I met Calistro for the first time when I was running from Papa- no, Asher when he was drunk. It is also a massive forest that ranges between six to seven miles long, just taking up under a quarter of the Forest of Giant Trees.

I lean forward a bit so I can see Hanji, who was on the other side of Levi. "Hanji, do you have a spare illuminous crystal? If so, can I have one? I didn't have time to grab one."

She turns to me and nods. She goes into the satchel attached to her saddle and pulls out a glowing, blue crystal. We've been using the glowing crystal from under the Reiss's Chapel to make all sorts of new items, light sources being one of them.

"Catch!" She shouts and throws the stone to me. I let go of the reins and catch it. I take out my flask that was full of water and open it. I pour a bit onto the crystal and it lights up even more. I take out my lantern and stick the crystal in its designated spot, then I attach it to the knee-roll on the saddle.

"Thanks, Hanji." I pick my reins back up and adjust them so they're the way they were before I dropped them.

"No problem!" She shouts back. I glance behind me again to look at the wall and it was out of sight. The sun was burning a red colour and the sky was turning a dark blue. I sigh and look back ahead. The outside of Wald-Bank was a black line on the horizon, but it was closer than before.

I ground below me begins to tremor and my head snaps in the direction of the thing causing it. A twenty-meter-class was charging right at us. It was an abnormal for all I could tell.

"Shit, really?!" I curse. I turn to Levi. "I'll get this one. I won't be more than five minutes." I shout to him jerking the reins towards the monster.

"Ezlyn! Wait!" He screams after me. I hear a flare go up behind me as I start standing up in my saddle.

"Nothing fancy, Ezlyn. Just kill it without dulling your blades." I whisper under my breath. I jump off the saddle and grapple onto the Titan's heels and I swing round them. I launch a hook up to the back of it's neck and propel myself up and my blade slash through the flesh.

The Titan falls below my feet and I land on the back of it's head as my blades shatter. "Aw, man..." I whistle for Zip to come over and he does as he's told, trotting up to me. I run over to him and quickly grab a green flare out of my satchel.

I load the flare gun and raise it into the air and cover my ears. I pull the trigger and green smoke goes up into the air, signalling I've succeeded in killing it and the grounds are clear.

I launch myself up onto Zip's saddle once again and kick him on into a gallop. We head to the rear guard that had just passed by and a few recruits had their eyes wide open.

"C-Captain Harper. How'd you d-do that so quick?" One of them asks me. I furrow my eyebrows and look at the boy dead in the eye.

"Rookie, it'll be hard for you to comprehend, so I won't tell you. But, I'll tell you one thing. If you wish to be as good as me, work hard, you'll climb the ranks faster than a bullet. That's how I became Captain in four months." I kick Zip on again and he speeds up. I leave the rookies poleaxed and I catch up to the middle-guard, where my squad is.

Levi seems to hear Zip and turns round. His eyes widen at the sight of me and then his face contorts into a look of anger. "Captain Harper! Do you understand how dangerous that was?! You should've let the support squad take care of it. You need to savour your energy." He scolds me.

"I know, but an abnormal that size could have wiped out the entire support squad. Anyway's, it's dead now. I indirectly saved a couple lives." I retort, gripping my reins, the leather squeaking under my grip.

Levi lets out an annoyed sigh and glances over his shoulder to look at me. "Just don't do it again. Remember, your powers are vital for our plan to retake Wall Maria. We can't have you dying hours before we arrive there. If you do disobey me and survive again, I'll ask Erwin on considering letting your idiotic brother take over your rank."

I hear a gasp behind me. "Really?!" Eren shouts from behind us.

"Tch, have you ever heard of a threat? It's to make sure she doesn't do it again, fool." Levi snaps at him. I hear Eren make a noise of dispair and I chuckle smugly.

A messenger of Erwins comes galloping down the ranks. He jerks his horse round so he's by my side.

"The Commander has orders for me to give you, Captains." He says, breathlessly.

"Go on." I urge him.

"Commander Erwin has ordered us to slow down and dismount our horses. The path through the forest is too slim and the branches are low so we're unable to pass on horseback. We've to keep on high alert because of the moonlight Titans." He informs us.

Dismount our horses? But a Titan will be right on top of us before we know it because of the dark!

"Thank you, Gabriel. Pass that onto Marlene and Klaus in the rearguard at once." Hanji orders him. He jerks his horses reins again, turning it ready to take off to the rearguard.

"Yes, ma'am!" He gives the chestnut horse a firm kick in the side and it takes off in a gallop.

"Tch, we'll need to go with it." Levi utters, sounding irritated. He turns to me. "As your a Captain now I want you to give out the order." I feel something bubble up inside of me. Excitement? I give him a grin.

"Okay. Got it." I drop my reins again and turn to face the squads behind me. I take a deep breath and clear my throat. I contort my face into one that should look serious.

"To all soldiers in the Middle-guard!" I bellow. "We have recieved orders from Commander Erwin to slow down and dismount our horses so we can pass through Wald-Bank forest! The path is too slim and branches are low, not allowing us to pass through on horseback! DO NOT let your guard down, no matter what and watch your step! You must not mention any names, imagine this place is swarmed with enemy's! You all got that!?" I turn back round in the saddle so I'm facing the right way.

"Yes, ma'am!" I hear them all shout back. I look over at Levi, smiling smugly. His expression softens.

"That wasn't bad commanding a whole section of soldiers for the first time. But, it will need improvement, but I'm also sure you'll do that over time." The soldiers in front of us begin to slow down from a gallop to canter to trot before stalling. We all do the same. The forest was right in front of us, going up a steep mountain. On the other side of this is Shiganshina.

"Thank you. I'm pleased with myself also." I swing my right leg over the saddle and drop out the saddle, landing on the ground softly. I go to take Zip's reins but someone has them already.

"Moblit?" I ask, walking up to the brown haired boy.

"I'll be taking Zip from here. You need to save your energy. Especially after the stunt you just pulled." He smiles charmingly. I stick my bottom lip out and whip my head round to Levi. He was looking at me with a plain expression but you could see in his eyes that a triumphant look orbits his dark blue eyes.

I sigh and grab my lantern from the knee-roll. I glance over to Moblit. "Thank you. Look after Zip, please." He laughs briefly.

"Of course. Anything for a friend." He turns round and starts leading Zip into the forest behind Hanji and Levi. For a friend?

A hand lands on my shoulder. "He was too close for my liking." Jean growls. I squint my eyes and scrunch up my nose as I look at him as we start walking up the hill.

"Excuse me?" I scoff. "What do you mean. He was literally a half a meter away?" He looks down at me out of the corner of his eye.

"Still. To close for my liking." He furrows his eyebrows. I raise an eyebrow.

"Since when were you so possesive?" I say playfully, poking his side. I gasp over-dramatically and place my hand over my mouth. "Could it be? Jean Kirschtein, my bestfriend, is J-E-A-L-O-U-S, jealous?" I drag out the spelling of the word to tease him even more.

"Tsk, no." He denies.

"Yes he is." Connie and Sasha jog up to us.

"By the way. You broke your own rule." Sasha points out. I gasp.

"Oopsie." I mutter. Suddenly, images fly through my head. Horrible ones.

Sasha getting eaten by a Titan. Connie getting crushed by flying debris. Jean getting stepped on by an armoured foot.

I scrunch up my eyebrows. "Hey, you three." I utter. "Don't get killed, please. You're all to dear to me. If anything was to happen to any one of you, I wouldn't know what to do with myself." I say in a hushed tone, loud enough for just them to hear.

None of them answer. They likely didn't expect that from me. The sounds of our boots crunching over the gravel and leaves filling the silence between us.

One of them hits me over the head. "Shut up, Miss Paranoid. We're not planning on getting killed any time soon." Connie laughs.

"Yeah, he's right! Don't worry, we'll be fine." Sasha adds, poking my side playfully. I take in a deep breath.

"I hope your not lying, guys." I wrap my arms round their shoulders and give them a half hug. Someone pokes my back.

"Hey, why can't I join the hug?" Jean sticks out his bottom lip like a child.

"I never said you couldn't! Now get over here." I lift my arm off of Connie's shoulder and sling it up over Jean's, Connie in between us.

We stayed like this for a few more seconds before my muscles began cramping because of stretching my arms round everyone.

"Right, remember to watch your step and keep high alert." I remind them.

"We know." They all drone at the same time. I smile as I pull up my hood.

"Good."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My breath starts to get uneven as I reach the top of the massive hill. I keel over, panting for air.

I stand up straight and exhale slowly to control the uneven-ness. A sudden noise of someone falling over and a horse neighing makes me draw a sword and jump round to face them.

A soldier is on his knees trying to steady the horse, his lantern on the ground shining up the way. "Woah, calm down." He hisses.

"Hey, you've gotta light up the ground!" Levi scolds him from behind me.

"S-Sorry." The man apologises. I slide my sword back into the sheath and turn to Levi who was walking with Dirk.

"We're not at the foot yet? It's almost dawn." I say, giving Levi's horse a quick pet. Dirk looks at the map in his hand, a pocket size one, so it's likely a rough sketch.

"Once we're over this mountain, Shiganshina's right there." He informs me.

I let out an agitated sigh and look up at the sky as they start moving again.

I watch as the stars twinkle and the sky is fading into a light blue. But there was no moon, it's still a magnificent scene.

"Oi, keep moving." I hear Eren say, then someone pushes me forward. I glance over my shoulder to look at him. He was smiling smugly.

"You're lucky you have Mikasa to protect you. I would've drawn a sword and cut off your toes one-by-one." I pull my hood back up as it fell. I hear Eren gulp.

"A-Ah, sorry." He stutters, starting to walk away. I catch up and walk alongside Mikasa. "Mikasa, sorry you're stuck with my horse."

"You're supposed to be saving your energy." She reply's nonchalantly.

"Yeah, I know."

"She's right. Rest up, Eren. And you Ezlyn." Connie says to us. He was just behind us leading his own horse with Jean next to him, but I coudn't see Sasha.

"Don't say their names, idiot." Jean scolds.

"Oh, yeah, sorry." Connie quickly apologises.

"Remember what our friend said, assume this place is swarming with enemies." Jean seems to have a good memory. He gasps suddenly and I turn to see what it is. "Titan to the left! Everybody halt! Light up the area!" He yells.

I draw my two blades as I notice the massive ten-meter-class Titan, chilling against a rock. But he doesn't move a muscle at all the lights flashin round him.

"It's alright. He's fast asleep." Hanji walks out in front of us. "This lad must not be one of those new types that moves at night. That's too bad. Let him be." I slide my swords back in their sheaths once again and continue walking alongside Mikasa.

"I can't believe we didn't see that until up close." Eren says, keeping his gaze to the left of him.

"Yeah, I'm with you there. This moonless night must be protecting us." Hanji adds. She was walking ahead of us with her horse in tow. "Light from the moon is reflected sunlight. The new type of Titan... We think they use that minuscule amount of reflected light to move. Using the new moon was the right move. There's no guarantee we won't have a repeat of before. That lad may be one of those 'Moonlight Titans' for all we know. Hope we capture one someday!"

We continue to walk along the path silently. I keep my guard up as I walk. Scanning the woods for Titans on both sides. Eren catches my eye though. His hand was visibly shaking. Is he scared?

I look down at my hand and I'm also shaking, but not as visibly. Eren grabs his hand to stop himself.

"Eren..." Mikasa mutters. I turn to her with a finger over my lips. She nods, understanding what I mean. Armin walks up behind him.

"What are you shaking for? Are you scared?" He asks. Eren's face scrunches up.

"Huh?! Of course not!" He lies.

"Huh? You're kidding... Look at your hand." Armin points to his hand.

"This is... It's cold! My hand's damn freezing!" He lies again.

"Really? My whole body's been shaking this whole time." Armin lifts up his arm that is holding his lantern and it's quivering like mad. "See?" Eren's faces softens. "Eren, have you ever been afraid of Titans? Normally, everyone's terrified of them. Like me... The first time I faced a Titan, I couldn't move a muscle. But... there I was... And you pulled me right out of a Titan's mouth." I never knew that happened. "How were you able to do something like that?"

"I remembered... the time you showed me that book. Up until then, I never once thought about what was outside the walls. I just spent every day staring at the clouds and sky. But then, I heard your story and looked into your eyes. You were seeing an awesome dream. But I had nothing. That's when I knew. I wasn't free. Trapped in a small cage in a huge world, my freedom stolen by those unthinkable fiends. When I realised that, I couldn't forgive them. I don't know why, but when it comes to taking back freedom... Yes... Strength flows through me." He lets go of his arm and turns to Armin. "Thanks for that. I'm good now."

Armin smiles gently. "Good."

"I bet, by this time next year, we'll be looking at the sea." Eren says happily. I smile to myself. I'll just have to hold out until then.

Mikasa stops and I turn round to see whats wrong. "I recognise this area. I think... we came here for firewood."

I also recognise the area. "I do too, this is were me and my friends used to play." I add.

"I can see the foot!" Moblit shouts from ahead. "There's signs of a trail!"

"It's so close." Eren mutters.

"I can hear the river." Mikasa adds.

"We're back home... The first time... since we fled from here. Back to our hometown." Armin says.

I sprint up to Moblit and grab Zip's reins. "I'll take him now. We're almost there." I walk alongside him.

"All soldiers, mount your horse's and charge for the wall on my command!" I hear Commander Erwin shout from ahead.

I place my hands on the saddle and leap up onto it. I slip both of my feet into the stirrups and shorten my reins. I attach my lantern to the satchel on the kneeroll then pull my hood up so it's covering my hair.

I glance behind me and see everyone on their horses ready to charge.

"All my soldiers! Charge!" Commander Erwin's voice bellows. Everyone infront of us start to charge so I kick Zip on firmly and he does as he's told. He charges ahead of everyone until I reach Levi and his horse.

The hundred soldiers in the Survey Corps charge towards the inner gate of Shiganshina, me included. I glance over to my right and look into the distance. There it stood. The Adori Manor. The place full of nightmares and dreams. The place I grew up.

I shake my head to snap myself out of it. We were half way through the plains, almost past the inner town of Shiganshina that lies outside the main town.

Everything was overgrown and run-down, but that's to be expected. It's been five and a half years since people have set foot around this place. Or has it?

"Be on guard for Titans hiding in the shadows! Our operation begins now! All soldiers switch to ODM gear!" Commander Erwin flings his arm out to the side and I drop my reins. I place both of my hands on the front of the saddle, getting ready to push myself up so I'm standing.

Everyone ahead of me stand up and take off, scaling the wall within seconds. I slowly push myself up and draw my two swords. I jump and hook onto the wall, using my gas full blast.

I land on the wall softly and I look over the ruined city. An unknown feeling washing over me like water. Hope? Dispair?

The place where the Colossal Titan broke through was visble. The place where his hand sat. The place where I lost it all was as bright as day.

I'm back... home...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

713 15 17
Levi pointed to himself, crossed his arms in an X shape over his chest with closed fists, then pointed to me. "I love you." My eyes shot wide open as...
165K 4.4K 124
// BLUE AND WHITE: Levi x OC Fanfiction // A wing of stark white sits just before a wing of proud blue. It is the emblem of the Survey Corps. Many so...
744K 22.1K 43
You..had an unusual situation. You were right there on the day your Mom was devoured by the mouth of a 'Titan'. You had just been found after being l...
37.3K 1K 43
You are a strong young woman, Y/N Hanzer, who escaped from the Underground City with your best friend, Greg Schneider. But one day, Commander Erwin S...