Toxic

By justanotherplum

"I would never hurt you or be unkind to you." Loki persisted, suddenly in front of her. He gently cupped her... More

INTRODUCTION
REVIEWS
01 | Funny Little Thing
02 | Breaking Point
03 | Hide and Seek
04 | Unkind
05 | Queen
06 | Safe
07 | I Love You
08 | Spider-Man
09 | Bound Together Forever
10 | I Know What You Did
11 | Vulnerable
12 | Crushing Skulls
13 | Do You Understand
14 | Abuse
15 | Do It
16 | Siv
17 | Midgard
18 | Blue Eyes, Green Eyes
19 | Uncle Thor
20 | Closet
21 | Dino Nuggets
22 | Monster
23 | Daddy's Home
24 | Rollercoaster
25 | Water
26 | Trust Me
27 | Real Feelings
28 | The End?
29 | Death
30 | Thor
31 | Changes
32 | Potion
34 | Familiar But Different
35 | Starving
36 | He's Here
37 | Who's Loki
38 | Jump
| The End |
THANK YOU!
NEW BOOK!
Bonus Chapter: Bite. Kiss. Repeat.
Bonus Chapters: What If

33 | Goodbye

2K 111 51
By justanotherplum

Not me struggling for days to write this chapter, then suddenly making it almost 3,000 words.... 😂

Please don't forget to comment, follow, and vote!!

"Hey, can I come in? I wanted to say goodnight."

Summer had already said her, "goodnights," which were actually goodbyes, to her two other kids. Siv was the last one. Freyja was clueless and Landon was suspicious, but didn't voice it.

With a yawn, Siv nodded and sat up in her bed. She lazily embraced her mom, on the verge of sleep. "Night, mom."

"Goodnight, Siv." Summer tensed when her own voice cracked.

Concerned, Siv pulled back. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. My throat's just sore for some reason." Probably from all the screaming she did earlier. "Hey, your dad talked about going on a trip in the morning. Just something to get out of the house. What do you think?"

Her eyes brightened at the thought. "Yeah, that sounds fun!" She exclaimed with a grin. Her mom attempted to return the smile, but it didn't quite reach her eyes, making her expression falter. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I might be coming down with a cold, I'm not sure." She lied, trying to brush it off. "Depending on how I feel in the morning will determine if I go with you guys. I know you'll have a great time, regardless."

No. Something wasn't right. "What... what should I pack? How long am I going for?"

Summer sucked in a sharp breath, "well, you shouldn't be gone too long. Pack whatever you see fit." Tears gathered in her eyes.

Siv knew in that moment. She knew this was goodbye. "And you'll be safe- okay here? By yourself?" Her throat tightened, fighting back a sob that threatened to escape. They had to talk in code, not knowing who could be listening.

"You don't have to worry about me." She reassured her daughter. The truth is, Summer would always be "safe." She never had to question whether or not she'd live to see the next day. Loki would never kill her. She was sure of that, but the kids didn't know that. They didn't know they were the only ones in danger of losing their lives.

"You promise?" She whispered.

Summer couldn't keep back her quiet sob. "I promise." She gathered her daughter into her arms in a tight embrace, knowing this was the last time she'd be able to.

They held each other for what felt like hours, holding onto every last conversation and memory they could make with each other. All too soon, the sun began to rise and they knew their time would soon be up.

Summer's trembling hands cupped her daughter's face, her thumb catching one of her tears. "Please don't worry about me. I'll be safe with Loki. He'd never hurt me.... And don't look for me. As much as it hurts all of us, the only way we'll all stay safe, is for us to stay separate." She whispered as quietly as she could. "I love you, Siv." She croaked and hugged her one last time.

When she finally got the courage to leave, she ran. She ran past guards and maids, not caring who she ran over in the process. She threw open her bedroom doors and collapsed to the floor in a heap.

It was then she realized she'd miss out on everything. She'd never see them grow into adults. She'd never see them go to prom, and tease them about their date.
She'd never see them in a cap and gown, ready to graduate.

She was always nervous of when they'd be old enough to drive, date, move out, etc.... but now, nothing sounded better than having those anxieties. She'd never meet their spouses, pick out dresses with her daughters, or even attend their wedding. She'd never comfort her kids when they become parents. She'd never meet her grandkids.

And just like that, her throat closed in threat of screaming, her jaw became tight. Her lips quivered and her lashes brimmed heavy with tears. Her hands that once held her children clenched into shaking fists, in a desperate battle against the grief.

A lone tear traced down her freckled cheek, and just like that, the floodgates opened. Tears streamed down her face hard and fast, loud, heaving sobs tore from her throat. Immediately, Loki found her and went over to comfort her. He moved to wrap his arms around her trembling body, but the arms belonged to the monster that forced her to send her children away.

She aggressively slapped his hands away, and with a hoarse cry, she screamed, "Don't touch me!" The more he tried to soothe her and talk to her, the more frantic she became. "No! Don't touch me! Don't touch me!" She yelled and shoved him away.

She brought her knees up to her chest, and wrapped her hair in her hands in tight fists as she cried. She cried as if the ferocity of it might save her kids, as if by the sheer force of her grief, everything would be undone.

"Just take them and go."

And that's exactly what he did.

•••

Just because she said she'd stay, doesn't mean she wouldn't make the next- however long she has left until the potion kicks in- a living hell for Loki. But the clock was ticking.

Everyday she'd fight him, and Loki let her. He knew it wouldn't be long until she'd cave into the pain and allow the potion to kick in. She'd kick, punch, slap him, anything to get away. She couldn't hurt him if she tried. It was only hurting her somehow.

Ever since the kids were gone, Loki's seemed more.... Peaceful. Probably because he knew he had won. It'd just be Loki and Summer forever now.

Finally, after a week of fighting it, Loki saw the potion begin to break through. She just had another screaming match with him, fighting him on sharing the bed, like she did every night since the kids left. However, this time, every time she hit and punched him, it hurt her so terribly. Her chest ached at the thought of hurting him. She tried to fight through it, but the pain became too much and she collapsed at his feet, a sobbing mess.

He sighed and crouched down with her. "The more you fight it, the more it will hurt, love."

She had no idea it'd feel like this. The first time she had the potion, she didn't know it was flowing through her system, so she didn't know she had something to fight.
But Loki knew. He knew fighting it would cause her physical and emotional pain. "Go. Away." She managed to groan out, but it only made her whimper in pain the more she struggled to get away.

She tried to claw out of his embrace when he picked her up and placed her on his lap, but he made the pain go away. For once, it felt like she could relax. He gently hushed her and used the pads of his thumbs to wipe away her tears. "How about we go take a bath to help you relax, hmm?"

She was too busy crying to register what he said. She didn't even realize he picked her up and brought her to the bathroom until she felt a cold surface under her legs.
She gasped and scanned the room around her. "No. I don't want-"

He shushed her again and stood between her legs from where he placed her on the countertop. "I just want to help you relax." He told her, softly.

She shook her head and began to tremble. "No, I don't want to." She pleaded and sighed when he cupped her face, disappointed in herself that she didn't flinch instead.

He gathered her in his arms, tucked her head into his chest, and made soft soothing sounds. "I have you now. You're safe."

Loki was not kind, only possessive- she reminded herself.

He gently peeled off her shirt, and when she didn't fight too much, everything else followed, even his own clothes. Her heart sped up and she tried to protest. "Relax, love." He reminded her. "No one can get you while I have you."

He grabbed her hand and guided her into the tub. He got in after her, lightly tugged her down with him, and had her lean back against his bare chest. When he felt her tremble, his protective arms wrapped snuggly around her waist.

Soon, her shaking died down, but he didn't relax his hold. She hated she could relax with him, especially in this vulnerable position. Especially after he threatened to kill her kids. "I'm going to wash your hair, okay?"

She numbly nodded her head and shivered as she sat forward, leaving the warmth of his embrace. He chuckled and placed a kiss to her shoulder, but her soft cries continued. He gently scrubbed it into her hair, and her body subconsciously relaxed. When she'd realize this, she'd tense up again, fighting it.

"Every time I touch you, there's a moment where you look like it will hurt." He whispered, brokenly. "You've known me for nearly twenty years now. Shouldn't you know by now I'd never hurt you? After everything I've done for you? To prove my love for you?"

"After everything you've done for me?" She repeated with a sneer. She laughed, manically, as more tears flowed freely down her face. "What do you want from me?"

"I just.... I just want you to love me again the way I've always loved you." He whispered, softly.

"You don't love me." She scoffed and shuddered as his fingertips trailed down her arms. "You're possessive. I'm your property... I'll never love you." She whispered, harshly. "How could someone ever love a monster like you?"

"You did.... Two times."

"Oh great, so three times the charm, right?" She snapped and ripped away from his grip, the water splashing around them. "That wasn't real. The first time you used the potion and the second time you manipulated me into thinking you were someone you weren't. And I must say, I was impressed for how long you kept the act up." She seethed and stood from the bath. In a rush, she grabbed a robe, not caring she was soaking wet, and stormed out.

He copied her actions and stopped her before she could leave the room. "Summer, wait."

"No. I'm not staying in here."

He sighed and took a step forward, and instinctively, she took a step back. "Come, lets go to bed. It's been a long day." 

"I'd rather die."

"Don't speak like that." A clear warning in his tone. Her words hurt him, like he was surprised she was that appalled by him. "Please, I'd rather not argue or have to punish you. All I'd like to do tonight is sleep."

"That'd be awfully difficult to do while I'm kicking and hitting you." She seethed, and put her hand on the door handle. "Because that's exactly what I'll do if you come anywhere near me."

His eyes darkened, and in a matter of seconds, he had her pinned against the door. "May I reminds you, you can kick, punch, and claw all you like. Hit me. Curse the hell out of me. Scream, I don't care. You won't be sleeping anywhere but with me tonight." He promised, as his eyes slowly trailed up her body to meet her eyes. "Mark my words, you do so too long, and I'll give you something to actually scream about. I've have enough of this bratty attitude. So, you can decide to come with me, your husband, to bed. Or, you can spend the next however long I see fit in the closet."

Her chest tightened in fear at the mention of the closet. It's been so long since she's been in there.

"You have one minute to make up your mind, not a second more." With that, he turned around and headed to bed.

She couldn't run away, he'd find her, and throw her in the closet. She stood up on her shaky legs and slowly made her way to the bed. She crawled onto it and stayed as far away as she could from him, nearly teetering off the side of the bed.

"You're going to be good for me then, yes?" He asked in a deeper tone as he turned her around to face him, and raised an eyebrow as if to challenge her.

She didn't meet his gaze, something that irritated him greatly. He wanted to see those beautiful eyes when he spoke to her.

He placed a gentle finger under her chin to lift it and she fought the urge to bite his finger off. "You won't run off? Hmm? No more back talk?"

He took everything from her. Everything. She had nothing else to live for.

So she rolled over and fell asleep.

•••

He scooted over closer to her side of the bed, not fully awake yet, in a sleepy daze to find her. When he didn't feel her, he scooted closer, his grabby hands reaching out to feel where she was. When he didn't feel her again, he frowned and opened his eyes.

She wasn't here......

He rose with a start, infuriated she left him after such a night of progress. He scooted over to her side of the bed and breathed a sigh in relief when he saw her sleeping on the floor. He cursed and pinched the bridge of his nose. His feet met the floor, careful not to step on her, and he gently scooped her into his arms.

She woke up instantly, but was delicious. "Wha- Loki? What are you doing?" She rubbed her eyes and saw where he was taking her and began to struggle. "No, Loki, please!" She pleaded and desperately tried to escape his hold.

He continued on towards the closet.

Summer loudly cried, "no, please! I'll do better, I'll be good, I promise! Please don't, it's been so long, I'm sorry!"

When he kept persisting, she did the only thing she thought could work. Instead of trying to get out of his hold, she clung to him. Her legs hugged tightly around his hips, her arms wrapped snuggly over his shoulders, and her face was pressed into the nape of his neck. Conflicted, he paused in his steps, in the entrance of the closet.

She paused her movements too, scared if she'd move, he'd force her in the closet. She went rigid when he sighed and brought his big hand up to cup the back of her head. "I love you, Summer, but you disobeyed. You need to learn."

She held onto him tighter. "Please don't make me go in there. Please." Her voice cracked as she pleaded.

He peeled her body off his, just enough to see her face, but her legs were still in a boa constrictor tight grip around his waist. When their eyes met, he softly asked, "Do you love me, Summer?"

He knew the answer to that question. And she knew he'd know if she was lying.

She didn't know what he wanted to hear, so she said a silent prayer, and told the truth. "I would be lying if I said I did."

"Then lie to me."

"I love you."

He kissed her passionately, catching her off guard. She couldn't even react before he pulled away to murmur against her lips, "lie to me again."

"I love you."

Before she could respond, he kissed her one last time, and took advantage of her being caught off guard to force her into the closet.

"No!" She cried and banged her fists so hard on the door, she was certain they'd be bruised in the morning. "Let me out!" She screamed as the walls felt like they were beginning to cave in.

"You had your chance, love. This hurts me more than it hurts you. I'll be back soon."

She continued to scream, cry, and cuss him out, even after she heard the bedroom door close when he left. You'd think with how many times she was put in here in the past, she'd be used to it,  but it only seemed to get worse every time. It's been so long since she's been in here, but it feels like it was just yesterday all in the same.

She cried and screamed for hours until her throat felt like it was on fire and she could hardly talk anymore. Loki's heart broke at her pleas, but she had to learn her lesson. He decided to have mercy on her when her cries died down and he cracked the closet door open a smidge. "Summer?" He called, softly, not wanting to startle her.

The door was suddenly thrown open and the wind was knocked out of him when a strong force hit his chest. The strong force being his wife, clung to him. "Please don't leave me." Her voice cracked and rasped, damaged from the screaming.

He frowned when he felt her tears dampen the collar of his shirt, her hands fisting the back of it. He gently cradled the back of her head and whispered, "Lie to me, Summer."

"I love you."

She felt her insides crumble at her lie. She knew soon enough it would no longer be a lie, but a forced truth because of the potion.

Yet here she was in her captors arms once again. She failed. She failed her kids. She failed herself.

Please don't forget to comment, follow, and vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

786K 29.3K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
19.8K 270 27
It is halfway through the clone wars when the Jedi Council sends Anakin Skywalker and his padawan Ahsoka Tano on a routine mission to a outer rim pl...
3.1K 113 10
Teenage Dazai goes to a new school after moving. Chuuya got the job to befriend him which doesn't seem so easy to him because he can't stand him. (A...
26.5K 606 7
We all know the legend of Hades and Persephone. How Hades kidnapped her. How he forced her to eat the fruit of his world. But what if I told you that...