The Bloom Titan (1/2)

By Supreme_Noeva

The waves crash onto the golden sand, leaving foam on the shore as it pulls back. It is a special day, as a g... More

CH.1: The Adori Manor
CH.2: Devastated and Alone
CH.3: Bad Dreams
CH.4: Goodbye Home
CH.5: On the Run
CH.6: More Friends and Foes
CH.7: The Final Tests
CH.8: The Night of The Ceremony
CH.9: All Hell has Returned
CH.10: Promise
CH.11: The Forgotten
CH.12: Roses
CH.13: Strange Power
CH.14: Humanity's Last Hope
CH.15: Relief for Trost.
CH.16: Trial to Determine Life or Death
CH.17: The Special Operations Squad.
CH.18: An Expedition Outside The Walls
CH.19: Ghost on our Trail
CH.20: The Female Titan
CH.21: A Pain Filled Cry
CH.22: Failure or Success?
CH.23: Counter Attack
CH.24: Plan B
CH.25: Fire Against Fire
CH.26: Danger Within Wall Rose
CH.27: More Like Us
CH.28: Cold hands
CH.29: Traitors in our Midst
CH.30: The Repeat
CH.31: Bloom
CH.32: Rare Encounter
CH.33: New-found Power
CH.34: Sweet Failure
CH.35: New Grounds
CH.36:Escape
CH.37: Body Double Mission
CH.38: Distant Memory
CH.39: Distant Memory (Pt.2)
CH.40: Mission Failed
CH.41: The Cave of Crystal
CH.42: Ritual
CH.43: A Massive Problem
CH.44: Against a Giant
CH.45: Action
CH.47: Queen Historia
CH.48: Answers
CH.49: Arielle Harper and Dr. Jeager
CH.50: Understanding
CH.51: The Night Before Hell
CH.52: The Lands We Once Called Home
CH.53: The Return of the Traitors
CH.54: Nobility
CH.55: Grace
CH.56: Tranquillity
CH.57: Elegance
CH.58: Numbness
CH:59: Discovery of the Unknown
CH.60: Outside the Walls
CH.61: Malice
CH.62: The Restorationists
CH.63: Blessings and Paradise.
CH.64: The Angel of Destruction
CH.65: The Curse of Ymir
CH.66: An Extra Traitor
CH:67: The Funeral for the Fallen Heroes
CH.68: February 8th, 851
CH.69: Dream

CH.46: Kenny Ackerman

160 7 2
By Supreme_Noeva

A few hours after we killed Rod Reiss, I was ordered to go out with Levi and a few other scouts to look for possible survivors from the crystal cavern.

I jump off of Zip's back and unhook my rifle from my saddle. I turn to look at the massive hole in the ground where the cavern caved in on us. The part Eren and I created was visible, but it was painfully obvious what part I created. The part I had created had ivy growing over it with purple Hedera helix'es blooming from them.

I felt a hand go down on my shoulder. "That's going to be a problem when you plug up the wall. Ivy seeds are poisonous so that'll be dangerous to the bratty children that are too curious." Levi sighs. I hum in response.

"Yeah, I'll try and fix that so it's not ivy." He lifts his hand from my shoulder and turns round. I follow suit. A group of seven soldiers stood there awaiting orders.

"Go search the remains of the cavern for survivors, but always have your rifle loaded, these people are dangerous and still may be able to attack. If you find any come tell me or Captain Harper here." He gestures to me. Captain?! "Now disperse!"

"Sir!" They all shout and go running towards the cave. I turn to Levi.

"What do you mean by Captain?" I raise an eyebrow. He also raises an eyebrow.

"Erwin didn't tell you yet, your being promoted to a captain and you'll gain a squad as well from the new batch of Cadets wanting to join us." My jaw drops. He makes an 'oops' expression and sighs.

"Well, I didn't mean to say that much." He runs a hand through his hair and turns to face me again. "Surprise and congratulations." He says dully and shakes his hands in the air.

A squad?! Me in command of peoples lives?! It's happening so fast.

"I- Erm... Thank you." I start shuffling away. "I'm just gonna... look for survivors." I turn round to go walk round the perimeter of the hole.

I hold my rifle close to my chest as I walk round the massive hole wide-eyed.
I will have a squad! I wonder what they'll be like. Will I still be under the watch of Levi?

I looked up from the ground. "Shut up brain. I'm looking for people." I hiss under my breath.

The sun was burning on the horizon, radiating a gorgeous glow. Just like the night Wall Maria fell.

Else, Charlie and I watching the sunset while examining the lands beyond our understanding. When we all agreed we wanted to join the scouts and discover the unknown together. The bright light of when the Colossal Titan transformed. The sounds of Charlie and Else's screams echoing through my ears. The sight of their bodies hitting the ground in a disarray of blood and mangled bones. The sights I could never erase from my mind.

I sigh and rub my watery eyes. "No promise shall be broken!" I say confidently, pushing my shoulders back to look like I was, when inside I was falling apart like an old, cobble wall.

A figure was making their way over to a tree in the distance, clutching their stomach. It looked an awful lot like Kenny, the guy that attacked Rod Reiss.

I jumped into action and started sprinting back down the way I came towards Levi.

Levi was talking to one of the soldiers when I reached him. "Levi! I found a survivor! He's in critical condition though." Levi's eyes widened but relaxed again.

"He?"

"Yes, when I was chained up he talked to Lord Reiss and Lord Reiss addressed him as Kenny." I explain breathlessly. Levi's eyebrows furrow and his grip on his gun tightens.

"Take me to him." He orders. I nod curtly and turn round then start jogging in the direction I came with Levi close behind.

We slowed down as we reached Kenny. He was propped up against a tree, still holding his stomach. Half of his head was seriously burned, probably because of the steam.

"Kenny." Levi stops in front of him. Kenny slowly lifts his head up to look at us.

"Oh. It's just you two." He says, voice weak and brittle.

"Judging from the burns and the blood loss, there's no saving you now." Levi points out. Kenny's lip curls into a small smirk.

"Yeah? You sure about that?" He takes out a box and opens it. A syringe and liquid bottle sat in the box. I quickly aim the gun towards him.

"Levi!" I wail. He ushers me to be quiet and let him do the talking. I lower my gun but stay on the defensive.

"I snatched this from Rod's bag when he wasn't looking. I'm sure if I inject it, I'll turn into a Titan too. I'll be one of the stupid ones, but it should at least give me a little bit more time." Kenny's voice was husky and dead. I felt a bit of sympathy for him.

"You've had plenty of time to inject yourself already. Why haven't you?" Levi inquires.

Kenny chuckles a bit. "I'm not sure why, but if I don't do it just right, I think I might end up all wrong, just like that idiot did." He refers to Rod Reiss.

"I know you're not sitting here waiting to die. Don't you have a better excuse?" Levi asks him. I notice Levi is showing a sad side of himself. Does he know Kenny personally?

"Yeah... I don't want to die, but I wanted power. But I think... I think I finally understand why he did what he did back then." He mutters.

"What?" Levi questions. Kenny starts to laugh and his lips curl into a smile.

"Everbody's got something in common. Alcohol, women, their faith, family, the king, dreams, children, power... Everybody had to be drunk on something to keep themselves going. Everyone was a slave to something. Even him." Kenny starts spluttering and blood comes out and lands on the grass between his legs. "And what about you two? You some kind of hero's?"

Levi bends down and grabs his shoulders. "Kenny. Tell me everything you know! Why doesn't the first king want humanity to survive!?"

"Beats me. But I know that we Ackermans opposed him because of that." Kenny coughs again and blood lands on Levi's cheek.

"Apparently my last name is Ackerman too. What exactly were you to my mother?" Levi has only mentioned his Mother to me once, so he probably knows Kenny from when he was a child.

Kenny laughs. "Heh, you idiot... Just her brother." Levi's uncle?!

"Back then, why... Why did you leave me?" Levi asks.

"Because... I was never cut out to be a parent." Kenny picks up the box and shoves it to Levi's chest.

Levi takes it and Kenny falls back against the tree, limp and life-less. Levi notices.

"Kenny." He says, hints of sadness in his tone. I bend down and wrap my arms  round his shoulders.

"I'm sorry Levi." I say solemnly. He places a hand over mine and clutches it.

"It's alright. No need to a-apologise." He stutters. His stuttering just made me hug him even tighter. His shoulders began to shake violently as he whimpered. I felt tears fall onto my hands, making my heart ache.

Levi is like an older brother to me. He protects me and comforts me but now it's time for me to return the favour. I slowly turn him round so he's not facing Kenny and I grip his shoulders. I peer into his dark blue eyes that looked like the mirror image of the night sky and the tears were shooting stars.

His eyes were red and so were his cheeks. Red streaks like lightning were visible against his pale cheeks.

I smile gently to cheer him up. "It's going to be alright. You've still got me and the others." He lets out a small laugh.

"You still remind me of Isabel..." He pauses for a moment before reaching into his jacket for something. He pulls out a make-shift necklace that had a ring tied to the bottom of it. "This was Isabels, I gave her the ring as a mark of our friendship, same with Furlan but I couldn't recover his..." He wipes his eyes and offers me the necklace. "Here, I want you to have it as a mark of our friendship."

I gasp slightly and gently take the necklace from him and put it over my head and it falls lightly onto my chest next to mama's. I beam happily and fling my arms round Levi's neck.

"Thank you so much, Levi! I'll protect it with my life."

"No, don't do that. You're worth more than that necklace."

I bury my face into his shoulder. I wanted to cry happy tears but that's also breaking the promise.

But it won't be long until the promise is fulfilled...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.1K 2.9K 80
'You look over to the spot your parents were standing not even a half a minute ago. Your ears were ringing, the big boulder in front of you earning y...
202K 8.1K 55
"I feel like I've known you. I need to know who you once were to me." As an only daughter, Celine Austerlitz was given everything she could ever want...
744K 22.1K 43
You..had an unusual situation. You were right there on the day your Mom was devoured by the mouth of a 'Titan'. You had just been found after being l...
34.1K 833 9
[Y/N] Ackerman had just killed Eren Yeager, someone she held most dear. Eren was someone she loved but she had to end him.. In doing so she has moved...