How to Tame a Demon [BxB]

By mek_14

[Book 1 of the: Roundtable Rebirth Series] All 15-year-old Hunter wanted was a friend, so when his parents an... More

Welcome!
DISCLAIMER
Official Playlist!
Ch. 1 - Hunter
Ch. 2 - Zekaj
BCH. 1 - Zekaj's First Day of School
Ch. 3 - Snowballs and School
Ch. 4 - Bonding
Ch. 5 - Anchor
Ch. 6 - Enraged
Ch. 7 - Possession
Ch. 8 - Pulled Forward
Ch. 9 - AJ
Ch. 10 - Demons
Ch. 11 - Return to the Void
Ch. 12 - Admitting and Awkwardness
Ch. 13 - The Pack Killer
Ch. 14 - Speedos and Sunscreen
Ch. 15 - Rainy Day
Ch. 16 - Cowardly Actions
Ch. 17 - Birthdays Suck
Ch. 18 - Warmth
Ch. 19 - Morning After
Ch. 20 - A Little Lie
Ch. 21 - Pec Pillows
Ch. 22 - Calm
Ch. 23 - 1
Ch. 24 - A Demon and a Tight Space
Ch. 25 - Study Sesh
Ch. 26 - Voidbornes
BCH. 2 - Zekaj, Before the Summon
Ch. 27 - Soul Searching
Ch. 28 - How to Clean your Demon
Ch. 29 - Jealous Wolf
BCH. 3 - Zekaj's and the Holidays
Ch. 30 - Death Traps
Ch. 31 - Oblivious Demon
Ch. 32 - What a Demon Wants
Ch. 33 - Morning After (Reprise)
Ch. 34 - 4 is Enough
BCH. 4 - Zekaj and Zekai
Ch. 35 - Accidents Happen
Ch. 36 - IYKYK
Ch. 37 - Bad Feelings
Ch. 38 - Battle For Your Life
Ch. 39 - Cold
Ch. 40 - Straight to Voicemail
Ch. 41 - Jaxon
Ch. 42 - Snow and Sorries
Ch. 43 - Emrys
Ch. 44 - Live Like a Shadow
Ch. 45 - Study Sesh (Reprise)
Ch. 46 - Photograph
Ch. 47 - Greyrith, Wisconsin
Ch. 48 - Amet
Ch. 49 - Halls now Empty
Ch. 50 - PTSD
Ch. 51 - Page 1
Ch. 53 - Spill
Ch. 54 - Fuck the Consequences
Ch. 55 - Frostbite
Ch. 56 - Rebond
Ch. 57 - Lets Talk
Ch. 58 - Brothers
Ch. 59 - Beards are Hot, Y'all are Just Lame
Ch. 60 - Meet the Inlaws
Ch. 61 - Uncomplicating Things
Ch. 62 - Up to Date
Ch. 63 - Aegon
Ch. 64 - Professor Zekai
Ch. 65 - Contracts
Ch. 66 - What a Demon Needs
Ch. 67 - Out in the Open
Ch. 68 - Demons Just Want to Have Fun
Ch. 69 - Volveth
Ch. 70 - Polaroids and Pectorals
Ch. 71 - Return to Earth
Ch. 72 - Previously On
Ch. 73 - Put It On His Tab
Ch. 74 - Tour Guide from Hell
Ch. 75 - Highspeed Hugs
Ch. 76 - Uncomplicating Things (Reprise)
Ch. 77 - Answers in Blood
Inksgiving 2021
Ch. 78 - Rebirth
Ch. 79 - Roundtable
Ch. 80 - The Sword in the Stone
Ch. 81 - Out of the Woods
Epilogue
BCH#5 - End of the Year
BCH#6 - Zekaj Learns How to Drive
Book 2 Reveal
BOOK 2 OUT NOW

Ch. 52 - The Rest of the Book

8K 476 135
By mek_14

Hunter rubbed his eyes as he read the words on the page again.

This Spellbook belongs to: Merlin

So Merlin had been to the institute and planted this?  Right in the specific spot of the library the two had planned on stopping at?

It was an easy task Hunter had realized.  Merlin had mentioned he had just gotten the job a couple months ago when the two had talked.  So he had to just wait for the day Hunter and Zekaj visited and then plant the book before someone else had the chance of taking it.

Hunter rubbed his eyes of sleepiness again.  He felt like he could pass out from sleepiness and the thumping of his heart was doing nothing whatsoever to keep him awake.

This no longer could be just a simple coincidence.  Merlin had planned this.  He had planned it all.

Hunter closed the book and laid it on his chest as the weight had become unbearable.  Staring at the ceiling he breathed heavily.  Low yawns escaped as his mind raced thinking of everything.

How much of this was fate and not just coincidence.  Hunter thought back to every single little event that Zekaj and him had ever had.

Hunter summoning Zekaj that day.

The two being bonded.

The runes that lay hidden along his arms, demonic runes that Humans shouldn't be able to have.

A seemingly normal book that Hunter paid little attention to.

Zekaj being forced back to hell.

Hunter being helped by a friendly librarian (Emrys/Merlin) and being led to Amet.

Hunter running into the Pack Killer.

The random visions.

The key.

How much of this was fate and how much was planned.  Planned by a spirit demon as a matter of fact.

A race that was supposed to be extinct as a matter of fact.  Hunter groaned into his palms as he covered his face.

He wiped his hands down his face and promptly sneezed unexpectedly into the air.  He shielded his face as he quickly turned over to keep from getting the gross particles from falling down on him.  The spellbook made a sudden thud as it hit the ground.

Hunter's nose rested against the makeshift pillow case Hunter made with one of Zekaj's shirts.  The lingering smell of the demon and the hint of cologne calmed his irritated nose.

His eyes drooped as the scent slowly lured him into a deep sleep.

***

As the night air crept through the partially opened window in Hunter's room, a purple bolt of static appeared in Hunter's room.  Followed by one of the same color.  Until two glowing white eyes appeared in the middle of the room.  The eyes surrounded by void, and a leather suit of armor that was as dark as the night.

PK quietly took in the small room that belonged to the man he met in the spirit world.

With a quick sniff, he could tell the room belonged to the mage.  The scents matched but one lingered.

He could tell this scent hadn't seen this room for a while, but it was enough for him to figure out species.

Demon.

The house was empty besides him and who he assumed was his father in the living room below.

Making sure to not make loud steps PK quietly made his way around the room.  Opening random drawers and peering in, snooping.

Nothing notable caught his eye until his foot bumped into something on the ground.  PK reached down to the ground, his eyes lingering on the blond mage making sure there were no sudden movements.

PK opened the book and swiped at a couple of pages.  The book was empty.  He quietly placed the book back on the ground and moved to the other side of the room.

The Pack Killer had entered Hunter's closet and went through a couple of the dressers.  Finding clothes that were obviously way to big for the twig laying in the bed.

His last act of snooping was the bedside table opposite of where he found the book.  PK found the answer he was looking for.

The drawer was filled with polaroids of a well muscled man and the same blond that laid in the bed.

Demon. PK thought to himself.  

Quietly closing the drawer, PK slowly was overcumb in the same static lightning, vanishing from the room.  As if he was never there.

***

Hunter's eyes ripped open as the sickness had completely overtaken him.  As terrible as he felt last night, Hunter now felt 10 times worse.

His nose was completely blocked up and his body throat felt like it was made with razor blades.

The mage groaned as he turned over in bed and stared at the ceiling.  His eyes were partially open and became wide open as the events of last night popped back up in his head.

Hunter leaned up as every muscle in his chest screamed at him to not.  The pain grew as he leaned off the bed and grabbed the book off the floor.  Hunter grasped the heavy book and lifted it back up on the bed.

Slowly opening it back up, Hunter skipped the first page and moved right onto the second one.

Chaos, Void, Spirit

Three runes belonging to the three primordial gods.

The writing was eloquently drawn but still readable.  The page had faded in color over time giving it a more ancient feeling.

With each end of a sentence, shivers crept up Hunter's body.  Whether it was from the book or his ongoing cold, Hunter wasn't sure.

Three of the most common runes that can identify the Grand Mage in just a simple glance.  The Primordial Spirit's rune always appears alongside the Primordial Voids.  The two never being far apart.

Alongside the paragraph was the drawing of a hand.  Where two runes were drawn along thumb.  One being the Primordial Spirit's and the other being the Voids.

Instinctively Hunter looked at his own right hand not expecting anything.  But there right along his thumb were two markings identical to the drawing.

Hunter with eyes as wide as he could make them, looked back down at the book.

On the opposite hand along the thumb as well, lay the rune of the Primordial Chaos.

Sure enough, there it was.  They were some of the runes that Hunter and Zekaj hadn't been able to recognize.  He even remembered Zekaj looking at the one for the Primordial Void, swearing he recognized it.

The next paragraph was a different handwriting.

The three runes represent an agreement, made between all three Primordials.  They allowed for their power to be present in a being that could control all types of magic, even ones the Primordials themselves only have.

It wasn't hard for the Great Spirit to get Voids agreement considering the two are definitely in a relationship.  I have no proof of this but I know I'm not wrong. -M

Hunter quietly chuckled to himself and turned the page.  The next pages detailed more about the spirit world, Excalibur and its sibling blades, and spells.  Spells Hunter didn't believe it to be possible.

His fingers lingered on the page for a spell on apparent invisibility.  Something that wasn't possible.

Invisibility could be achieved with articles of clothing, mainly used with cloaks.  It wasn't super useful as it left shimmers as you moved around in the cloak.  Few existed not because they were rare, but because they were useless.  A trained mage could easily spot one. 

But to make yourself invisible without the need of a cloak and apparently completely invisible wasn't possible.  At least Hunter didn't believe so.

And the spell didn't make much sense either.  It was a simple rune.  So what?  You draw the rune and magically you become invisible?

Hunter stood up from his bed and felt the crisp cold air poke against his skin.  Shutting the window, Hunter sat at his desk and pulled out a piece of scratch paper.

With a pencil he wrote the rune down and as he thought.  Nothing happened. 

Hunter rolled his eyes and moved on to the next page.  Maybe he missed something, he wasn't sure.

He flipped through the pages waiting for something to catch his eye.  Anything that could help him at all.  Merlin had left this book for him, why?

Hunter found his answer when he stopped on a page with runes he recognized.  The seven symbols of the rings of Hell.

The drawing looked like a sort of summoning circle but different in a way.  The outer circle was made up of the 7 symbols with intricate lines connecting them all but lining up in the middle.

On the edge of the page was writing.

Passing through the veil, become the bridge.

Hunter flipped the page and found diagrams of how it was supposed to work, but it still didn't make sense. The circle and symbols according to the book were supposed to be floating chest height around the person casting the spell.

Unlike a summoning circle, the person casting had to be smack dab in the center.  Which was dangerous, it's where most of the magic floods to when a spell like this is created.  Almost certain death!

There was some small writing with the same handwriting as who he assumed was Merlin.

Warning:  Cast in Open Areas

Hunter scoured the surrounding pages for anything else and found nothing. 

God why couldn't anything be easy for him!  Hunter slammed his fist against the paper on his table and yelped as pain shot through his hand.

Hunter closed the book in anger and sat back against the chair, rubbing his eyes.  He felt like he could already use a nap. 

Standing up from his table, he grabbed the spell book and turned towards his bed.

Hunter quickly did a double take when something glowing on his table caught his eye.

The rune had disappeared off the paper, and was now floating above it.  It glowed in a bright pale-gold color with tiny sparks flickering off.

Curiosity filled him, and Hunter stretched out his hand before his finger brushed the edge of the rune.  It vanished in a bright spark and fizzled into his hand.

The room around him dimmed out and became very grey.  As if someone put a filter over the whole thing causing most of the small amounts of color in his to now be dull.

Hunter reached for his phone and took a quick picture.

Opening the gallery app, Hunter found the picture.

And he wasn't in it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 7.4K 49
They could not have been more different. Theo is an 18 year old huntsman. But he is not a regular hunter, he hunts supernatural creatures. His famil...
21.4K 1.3K 21
[The Witch Chronicles Part 3, Completed✔] Reeling from news that they will be Fathers, David and Peyton begin to ponder life with children. The impli...
440K 28K 51
The battle is won, but the war is far from over. With his new powers on the loose, Oliver must find balance between good and evil - before the world...
4.4K 637 27
Alvina and Quinn have never been further apart, but their connection to the spirits might be what reconnects them again. *** Quinn av Stál is slowly...