EDEN | Yoonmin

By orangexmint

"It's you...the man from my dreams. You're real," Plagued with nightmares of drowning in lakes and being push... More

author's note
character profiles
Eden
prologue
zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten (smut)
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
interlude
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five (m?)
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three (m)
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one | smut
fifty two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
part two
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
epilogue
Author's Note
unrequited | an eden novella

twenty-four

1.3K 122 50
By orangexmint

twenty-four

_____ 🌿 _____

day six

;

"HOW OLD ARE YOU?"

Jimin is perched in the window sill of a large bay window that overlooks the forest. It was hard to see the trees due to the heavy rain that poured down, battering against the house like a million tiny bullets with a thunderous volume. The rain had started two days ago and had yet to stop. Black clouds swirled around outside, covering the sky in darkness, it's heavy downpour drenching everything in an unpleasant, soggy chill. Jimin wouldn't be surprised if there was some flooding in town one the rain stopped. There was always flooding around this time of the year.

He'd spent the last two days trapped inside the manor - not that he minded very much. There was so much to uncover; he could have spent hours roaming the halls and still feel as if he hadn't seen it all. There were rooms upon rooms - to the point that he felt as if he was in a smaller version of the Winchester home - filled with wonders galore. Paintings, statues and lavish furniture decorate every surface of the home. It was almost like walking through a museum or an art gallery, the way everything was on display.

Jimin's personal favourite was the library, with its floor to ceiling bookshelves, and large bay windows. They too, overlooked the forest, and most of the Garden. He could spend hours admiring the view. Rows on rows of books, ranging from poetry to historical to love stories and mysteries lined the walls - some of which weren't even in English. Foreign languages stared back at him in an elegant font on hardcover surfaces, and he'd never been filled with the desire to learn a language more than he did in that moment. He wanted to know what it meant - what it all meant.

His first night at Eden was spent running about the elongated room, pulling anything that looked interesting to him off the shelves and momentarily losing himself in it's world.

It was both equally amusing and eye-opening for Yoongi to watch as Jimin interacted with the various books. He could see fragments of the old Jimin coming out. It was strange to see Jimin lose himself in every book he came across, because when they had first met, Jimin couldn't read, and he could remember spending hours trying to teach him. It had been one of his favourite pastimes because it meant hours alone in close proximity with him.

Of course, his visit wasn't all about having the opportunity to explore his new, temporary home. Nor was it all about spending one-on-one with Yoongi (something Jimin quickly discovered that he hated). Every second not spent in his presence bothered him; he wanted to spend all his time with him, and he didn't know if that was a good thing or not. But alas, he still had university, and Namjoon wasn't about to let him off the hook due to his current situation; and so the days were divided up.

Mornings were spent focusing on his studies, giving him time to sit and go over the notes Namjoon had prepared for him so that he could complete his work without attending lectures. On several occasions, Taehyung would pop in, hand him some of the homework that he missed, and then leave him to his own devices. Yoongi had set him up in a small study, located down the hall from him, that overlooked the garden. It was quiet, no distractions and Jimin could stand out on the small balcony and admire the flowers in the garden when he needed a break.

His afternoons were spent mostly in the company of Aurora, and occasionally Hoseok and his evenings were spent in Yoongi's company, usually in the garden or the library where they could sit and talk for hours on end. Jimin enjoyed the quiet time he had with Yoongi. He thought that being alone or staying with him would be strange, or uncomfortable, but surprisingly it was very easy to fall into routine. Jimin was aware of how comfortable he was around the older, and how easy it was to converse with him. A part of him was still waiting for the moment where he freaks out and runs away, and Yoongi was honestly waiting for it as well, mostly because the first time they met, Jimin had been more...well, sensible, so to say. The amount of times he had to chase him down in the woods just to get him to speak to him...

And so, while neither of them were too fond of their current schedule, it was beneficial for both parties, because it gave Jimin time to reflect on everything that was happening and the information that he was taking in; and for Yoongi to compose himself because it was too easy for him to let his guard down and be himself around Jimin. He had to constantly remind himself that he needed to be careful with the younger, as Jimin was not used to the amount of attention he was accustomed to showing the younger with , and nine times out of ten Yoongi didn't know what to do with his hands. He couldn't just put them on Jimin without startling him, and so he was forced to shove them in his pockets or hold something in them to avoid accidentally placing them on his hips, or his thighs.

"I'm not too sure," Yoongi responded, not looking up from his book. He's curled up in an armchair on the other side of the room, tucked away in the shadows. The dark ambience of the room only added to his aura, and Jimin had spent most of the afternoon staring at him while he flicked through the pages of a book Jimin couldn't understand. Every so often, Yoongi would stop moving and Jimin mistook him for a statue or a ghostly figure because of how still he was.

Jimin shifted himself so that he was no longer leaning up against the frame of the window. He sat up straight, not wanting to rest his back against the cold glass. The rain was coming down harder now, if that was even possible. He tilted his head to the side as he stared at the older.

"What do you mean you're not sure?"

"I haven't done the math in a while, and to be honest with you, I'm not entirely sure when I was born," Yoongi lowered his book just enough for his eyes to peek over the top. "-and it also depends on whether or not we're talking about my age in general or the one I'm stuck at."

Jimin pondered the idea for a little bit, his brows knitting together, his lips forming a cute little pout. Yoongi was immediately distracted by his facial expression - most definitely thinking about how much he would like to kiss the younger - that he didn't hear Jimin ask, "How old were you when you became a vampire?"

Jimin cocked his head to the side, waiting for a response, but Yoongi seemed to be lost in space, sitting as still as a statue in the armchair.

"Yoongi?" he murmured. "Did you hear me?"

"Huh?" was the response, his book lowering a little more as he blinked twice. Jimin giggled, tossing his head back. This only distracted Yoongi even more as Jimin's neck was momentarily exposed. He once more had a lost expression on his face when Jimin looked at him, causing the younger to whine out,

"Pay attention to me," in a rather cute tone. Yoongi let out a breathy laugh, smiling like a kid in a candy store as he replied with,

"I am my love," Jimin could feel himself blushing under his gaze; Yoongi had the most lovestruck on his face, smiling at Jimin like he was his whole world. For a fleeting second, Jimin could see the humanity in him. Another reason to fall helplessly in love with him. And by God did Jimin want to love him.

"I mean to what I was saying, not me," although that was the furthest from the truth and they both knew it.

"I'm sorry," he apologized, "what was your question?"

"I asked how old you were when you were turned," Jimin repeated in a curious tone.

"I believe I was in my 20s. Age was an odd construct back then, it was hard to gauge how old one was,"

"I would think that it would have been somewhat easy to tell during the 1600s," Jimin replied. Yoongi let out a low chuckle.

"Mon Coeur, I'm far older than the 1600s," he replied. "If I remember correctly, I was born around the time of the black plague - yes, don't look at me like that, you heard me correctly - I'm assuming that was why my creator chose me; in all the chaos, I wouldn't be missed should I disappear,"

"Okay Edward Cullen," Jimin mumbled teasingly. Yoongi lowered his book completely then, letting it rest against his lap. A low, non-threatening growl escaped his lips as he narrowed his eyes playfully at the younger.

"Now now, Mon Coeur," he tsked in a seductive tone. "There's no need to be rude,"

Jimin chewed his bottom lip nervously as he averted his gaze, his cheeks and neck heating up. He hated how easily Yoongi could affect him with just a few simple words. "So you're from the 1300s then?"

"Yes, although I remember very little - bits and pieces come back to me every now and then, but that was such a long time ago."

Jimin could only sit in amazement. How strange it was to be with someone from that time. Someone who experienced the renaissance first hand, and the revolutions that followed. "That would make you almost 700 years old then," Jimin pointed out. "At least," he added a little more quietly.

"I suppose it would, even if I don't feel that old,"

Jimin sighed dramatically then, and he looked at Yoongi with a mischievous look.

"And here I thought my love for older men was just a phase,"

If Yoongi had been drinking, he would have surely choked; the only noise he could produce was a half spluttering, half coughing noise as he stared Jimin down with a shocked expression. He knew the younger could be blunt from past experiences, but he was still surprised by it.

His jaw hung open as Jimin struggled to contain his laughter. The idea that Jimin had even thought about other men - let alone older men - made him slightly jealous, but he was more distracted by the fact that Jimin had even said such a thing, that the thought quickly vanished.

"Y-You..." Yoongi was at a loss for words.

"I what?" Jimin questioned innocently.

"You can't just say something like that," he stated, still stunned by the younger's confession. This response only made Jimin laugh harder; head tossed back with relaxed shoulders, and his eyes crinkling in the corners. It wasn't until Jimin buried his head in his hands to control his laughter that Yoongi realized that Jimin was joking.

He let out a soft sigh, running both hands through his hair. "What am I going to do with you?" he questioned, shaking his head in slight disappointment. Jimin tried to contain his laughter as he looked up at him. He could only shrug in response.

"I didn't think you'd take me seriously," Jimin breathed, taking in deep breaths. "Besides, Jin would not approve if I lusted after older men, he'd-"

Jimin's smile vanished then, and he let out a horrified gasp. Startled by Jimin's sudden reaction, Yoongi immediately rose to his feet, his book clattering to the ground as he rushed to his side. His hands found their way to Jimin's waist, pulling him up onto his feet, and closer against his chest. He scanned the younger's eyes for any clues as to what might have made him suddenly freak out.

"Mon Coeur? What is it? What's wrong?"

"I-I-I never told Jungkook that I was leaving o-or even Jin, I didn't tell them I was staying w-w-with you and oh my god Jin is going to kill me!"

Yoongi visibly tensed against him.

"Slow down, love, who's Jin?"

"He's my friend, a-and so is Jungkook. Oh god, Jungkook must have freaked out when he woke up and realized that I wasn't there!"

Jimin let out a frustrated groan as he ran his fingers through his hair, tugging a little too harshly on the roots. "I'm a dead man," he squeaked. I'm a dead dead man,"

Yoongi couldn't tell if Jimin was joking about the dead part, but he was grateful that Jimin was not physically injured. He let out a breath he didn't realize he'd been holding, and placed a relieved kiss to his lips. Jimin's fingers curled around the fabric of his shirt. "Dammit Jimin, don't scare me like that, I thought you were hurt," He grumbled into the kiss.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," he whispered back. "I'm such an idiot, I need to call one of them and let them know I'm okay" he sighed. "Otherwise those two will do something very drastic, and that would not be good for anyone,"

"Okay," Yoongi replied, gently. He was already slipping a phone into the palm of Jimin's hands before he could even ask about using his phone. "Call your friend love,"

Jimin couldn't help himself.

"I didn't know vampires even used phones,"

Yoongi shook his head as Jimin dialed his friend's number. "Listen here you cheeky bastard," he murmured, brushing some of his hair out of his face. Jimin raised the phone to his ear, however, placing one finger over his lips, signaling him to be quiet.

Not knowing whether or not he wanted to be alone, Yoongi continued to stand there awkwardly as the phone line rang. He debated on returning to his chair, and was pulling away when the younger tugged him back. So Yoongi wrapped his arms around his waist, and rested his forehead against his. Jimin made no attempt to push him away. After a few rings, someone picked up. Yoongi could hear everything from the other end of the line.

"Hello?"

"Jin!"

"Oh my god, Jimin!? God dammit Park Jimin, you have a lot of explaining to do! Where the hell are you?! Jungkook and I have been worried sick about you?! Are you-"

"Who, Jin slow down, hold on, breathe," Jimin interrupted, inhaling deeply. "I'm okay, I'm perfectly fine," he said. "Relax, I-"

"Relax? You go missing and only contact me six days later and you want me to RELAX?!? You, sir, have a lot a nerve,"

Jimin flinched at his tone. As a response, Yoongi rubbed his hands soothingly up and down his back. Jimin instantly relaxed against his hold.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to just up and leave, I swear. And I'm sorry about not telling you or calling you sooner, it completely slipped my mind,"

"How does something like that just slip your mind?"

"It's a rather long story, and I'm not quite sure I know how to tell you to be completely honest. I don't think I can, it's just..."

"What do you mean? Where are you Jimin?"

"You know how I've been having my dreams Yeah? And how I keep thinking they mean something? How I keep thinking that I'm going crazy?"

"Yes,"

"Let's just say I went somewhere that'll help me understand why this is all happening to me,"

"Oh god, Jimin please don't tell me you're in some sort of cursed psych ward in the middle of butt-fuck nowhere-"

"No! No, it's nothing like that, I'm not locked up Hyung, I promise," At least, not locked up by force...Jimin wondered to himself.

"Thank fucking god," Jin breathed. "When are you coming home? You-" Jin went very silent then. "You are coming home right? This isn't some sort of cruel trick on Jungkook and I, where you just up and leave forever right? B-Because that would be a no bueno Park Jimin,"

"I'm not leaving you and Jungkook," Jimin assured. "I'm coming home, but...not for a while,"

"How long is a while?"

Jimin hesitated.

"A month,"

"A MONTH?!"

"Hyung please," Jimin whined into his end of the phone. Yoongi was very thankful that Jimin could not see his facial expressions, because his eyes widened at the noise that he made. He didn't think Jimin could make such a noise, and that was saying something, because Yoongi was quite good at getting him to whine. He shook the thought from his head though.

Keep it clean, Min Yoongi, just because he's your husband doesn't mean you get to think filthy thoughts about him all the time.

"-I need you to trust me on this. I am aware that it's ridiculous and that you're worried, but I need to do this. I need you to trust me when I say that I'm somewhere where I won't be hurt.

Jin let out a heavy sigh from his end of the line.

"Alright," he replied. "-but you better call more. No more of this disappearing bullshit, you really had us worried, Jungkook especially. He nearly had a breakdown when he found out that you were missing. I thought he was going to go crazy, you know how he gets. We thought you were hurt or-"

Jin didn't finish his thought, and he didn't have to for Jimin to get the point. Yoongi once more tenses against him, his arms squeezing around him a little tighter than before. Jimin tucked his head into the crook of Yoongi's neck, his nose brushing gently against the column of his throat. Yoongi gently kissed the top of his head in response.

Jimin decided it was safer to leave out the near death experience.

"I promise to call you more," Jimin replied. "I'm really sorry Hyung, truly, I hadn't expected any of this to happen,"

"I'm just glad you're okay," Jin sighed. "And Jungkook will be glad too, although he's definitely going to give you an earful when you come home,"

"I'm looking forward to it," Jimin giggled. "Will you tell him I said I'm sorry?"

"I suppose so,"

"Thanks Jin, you're the best,"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, you owe me big time Park,"

"I do. I'll be home soon, Jin, I promise,"

_____ 🌿 _____

i know i said this was going to be the year where i didn't bash my writing but this ending could have been better. i didn't know how to add to this so i just ended it here, and we'll pick up in the next chapter.

also hi, hello, welcome back to this novel, it's been a literal fucking month since i updated, i hope you enjoy this and stay tuned cause i am determined to finish this book even if it kills me

if you have questions about this chapter and/or confused by something, let me know, and i will get back to you

('m also gonna put together a moodboard of what eden kind of looks like so you guys have an easier time picturing it in your head, because describing places is not my forte)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 5.4K 24
Min Yoongi is over 400 years old. He's lived for a very long time and seen it all, or has he? One day he went out and bumped into a certain someone 1...
1.4K 78 24
Taehyung Vampire Fanfiction 🧛 COMPLETED ✅ My eyes bulged out of their sockets. My mouth opened wide. My throat became dry. My breathing stopped. My...
17K 523 70
"Roses are an odd flower. The white shows purity the red shows lust and the black shows darkness. I guess that's why they're known for being romantic...
1857 ; ym By a

Fanfiction

2.6K 233 11
Jimin thinks that going to an old mansion to hunt for ghosts just to impress his crush Min Yoongi is a good idea. He couldn't have been more wrong.