Phoenix (Natasha Romanoff X R...

By AisAce123

Natasha Romanoff X reader There are spelling mistakes because I am writing this story fast and I don't check... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
A/N
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13

Chapter 12

865 24 4
By AisAce123

It's time to make sure she knows who she is messing with......

Your POV

"J.A.R.V.I.S could you please tell me where Natasha is please." I ask the A.I.

Miss Romanoff is in the training room. Shall I alert her that you are on your way to her Miss Y/L/N?" J.A.R V.I.S  tells me.

"No thank you." I reply.

"Will that be all Miss?" He asks.

"Yes." I reply once again.

"Very well Miss Y/L/N. Have a splendid day " He says.

As I walked through the corridors towards the training room, file in hand, I start to get nervous. Perhaps this wasn't the best idea I've had. Still I have to do this so she will get off my case about my past. I got this. Right?

When I finally make it to the training room I immediately see Natasha. She was throwing knives at a wooden dummy. Each knife she threw hit the target with precision. I found myself staring at her for longer than I should, captivated by her skill and elegance.

I didn't notice she had stopped throwing knives until one went past my face and hit the wall behind me. I was startled and jumped dropping the file I had in my hands as she just looked at me with a raised eyebrow. As I bent down to pick the file up I noticed a drop of blood hit the cover of the file. Then I felt a slight sting on my ear. She had grazed it when she threw the knife and it was ever so slightly bleeding.

"You should get that checked out. Don't want you to die from and infection caused by so much as a paper cut." She stated smirking, eyebrow still raised.

I didn't answer and instead just stood up with the file tightly gripped in my hands.

"What'cha got there?" She asked still smirking.

Something inside me boiled. I was so angry that she was smiling when she should just stop being so annoying. Why did she have to make me so angry.

"Y/N, are you okay? Your eyes are glowing red and black and y-your hands have flames coming out of them. What's going on?" She asked concerned.

Once she said that I realised I had let a secret surface. I revealed something that I had locked away for years in fear of repeating my same mistake. She knew one thing I was capable of. I looked down at my hands to see no longer a file but instead a pile of ash on the floor. I then looked up fear covering my face. Afraid of what Natasha would do. Afraid of what I would do to the Avengers. To Natasha. When I looked up I saw confusion spreading on her face.

I was afraid so I ran. Forgetting about the reason I came to confront her. Forgetting the second thing I was supposed to do that day. I just ran. Ran through the halls hearing her shout my name. Calling me to come back. I was a monster and I couldn't risk hurting anyone else. I ran through the front doors, into the open world. I felt dizzy, and out of breath as I looked round for anywhere I knew. Any safe place to go and not harm anyone. I quickly realised there was no where I could go. I had no home, no family and the one person who cared for me was being held somewhere by the man who ruined my life. I had to go back inside, so that's what I did.

I somehow managed to avoid everyone and make it to my room. I opened my door, went inside and once again I saw the redhead sat on my bed. My breathing was still short, and now I felt more dizzy than before. I turned to leave when a hand came to the side of my head and slammed the door shut.

Blocking my exit the redhead said "Don't leave. Talk to me, I need to know what's going on. If you don't tell me I will go to Fury."

"Fury already knows. He promised he wasn't going to say anything. Like I've said before I just want to do my job and leave." I state, still facing the door.

"Tell me what's going on. Tell me what happened in that room. Tell me who you really are." She says, I can feel her warm breath on my neck.  I shiver ever so slightly. I notice she steps closer, her hand still on the door the whole time as she adds, "I want to trust you so please tell me."

"Alright, it might take a while to explain." I reply after some careful consideration. For some reason I'm not as angry as before but instead I feel as if I can rely on her. I clear my throat and move towards my bed to sit on. Natasha stands at my door arms now crossed and facing me.

"I'm free all night. Hit me with your worst." She says looking me up and down while furrowing her eyebrows.

(Just a warning this is going to be long so be prepared)

"I lived in the UK with my parents for 15 years. We weren't rich but we managed to get by. We were a somewhat happy family. My mother was an increadibly kind woman who took care of me and my father. My father was a good parent but I never agreed with his views on the world and he was an alcoholic. Loved his whiskey a little more than my mother. He was always cold to her and never really appreciated what she did. I had a lot of friends in high school and always had a smile. Got good grades, always tried my best because my plan was to leave school, get a job, earn enough money to get a place for my mother and I to live without my father." I said and looked up to Natasha to see her listening to every word I said.

I continued "It was the day before my 16th birthday. I was sat in my bedroom doing some homework when the door bell rang. I heard my mother go to the door but I couldn't quite make out what was going on until I heard yelling. I thought it was my parents again until I heard another voice I didn't recognise and then I heard my mother scream. My father was shouting 'stop, stop please.' over and over and over again. I was terrified and I was frozen. I couldn't move. It was as if time itself froze. That was until a man with a black mask barged into my room and grabbed me by the arm. He dragged me through the house until I came face to face with my parents. They were both tied and gagged surrounded my four men in masks. A man then spoke as tears ran down my face. He said 'My name is Dimitri. You are Y/N? Correct?' and I nodded. He then said 'You made a miniature particle accelerator that can do much more than what you originally expected. I want you to make me one. A larger one that will allow me to do anything I like.' I then was stupid and said 'what if I say no' and he just laughed." This time I stopped because the next part was the hardest to tell. I realised Natasha could sense this as she reached for my hand and held it tight while she sat down next to me on the bed.

"It's okay. I'm here." Natasha said as a single tear rolled down my cheek. As quick as a flash she used her thumb to wipe it away. For some reason I felt safe with her and not angry anymore.

I nodded and continued "After he laughed he just handed me a gun and told me to shoot my parents. I couldn't do it so instead I pointed the gun at him. Which was a big mistake as all four men pointed guns at me head. One stepped forward and pressed it to  the side of my skull and my parents tried to scream but they couldn't because of the gags. It just came out as muffled sounds. Dimitri asked me once more to shoot them and I looked at my parents for a sign of help and they just nodded as if they had accepted this was it for them. This was the end of the line for them. I new there was no good way of getting out of this situation so I raised the gun and shot two bullets. Having no experience in shooting guns I had no idea what I was doing. I shot my mum in the heart and my dad in the throat. I have never felt so numb in my entire life. I couldn't scream because nothing would come out. I had no tear left and I had no emotion. Their chests rising and falling until they just stopped. That day I watched my mothers eyes grow dull and I watched as my father took his last breath. That day broke me. Nothing that came after that day would be worse even though it seems it. I have nightmares of that day almost every night. I can't escape it. I killed my parents." I swallowed to get rid of the lump in my throat which didn't work so I carried on.

"I was then dragged out to a van outside my home. They put a bag over my head and tied my arms and hands so tight that it cut my skin. It was silent. The only noise that could be heard was the hum of the engine. I don't know how long it took to get to where they were taking me. Al I could think of was my parents. When we finally got to the destination I was once again dragged and the hood was taken off my head. I was then in a concrete walled room. No windows and very little light. I remember it being small and cold. After what felt like hours two men came and collected me. They took me to a room where I was immediately put to work making this particle accelerator. For nine years of my life I was in that place wherever it was. I was tortured almost everyday whether that be being stabbed, shot, hit, kicked, scratched, whipped or burned. They would always make the torture worse on my birthday, by electrocuting me every half hour at the highest setting all day long. I have over three hundred scars all over my body. I was almost never fed in the first year. By the second and third year I had to earn food by either killing one person or watching a whole group of innocent people get killed. I went as long as I could each month without food so I wouldn't kill as many people. Still 67 is a lot. I managed to finish the accelerator in four years although it wasn't properly tested. When it was done they didn't kill me or throw me out like I expected them too, instead they gave me a slightly bigger cell and actual food. I didn't question why they did that, I was just happy I was alive. That was until I realised why they had kept me. They new they could use the accelerator for something I didn't intend it to be used for. Somehow one night I was taken to the room the accelerator was in and I was left there when they turned it on. Your not supposed to be near it when it's on because it could kill you but apparently they new what they were doing because here I am with the power to control fire and create it from thin air. There are a few other things I can do but fire is the main one." After I said that I used the hand Natasha wasn't holding to make a horse out of fire that galloped around in a circle on my palm. I closed my first and looked towards Natasha who seemed to be emotionless. I once again continued for the last time.

"I was used as a weapon and after the last five years of being trained how to control my powers with a lot more electrocution, I was apparently allowed to work with Dimitri on building his mafia empire with my machines. He used my powers to get what he wanted from people and my kill count rose to 238. I'm not proud of anything I did but I felt as if I didn't have a choice. I was scared but I made a friend. His name was Matt. He also was place in the room with the accelerator and he was given the power to control ice. It's ironic honestly. Fire and ice don't usually get along but we did. He was the one who alerted me to Dimitri using my machines to harm people and for another four years I was by Dimitri's side as his most prized possession. Little did I know I would ruin his life. I discovered he was going to bomb multiple orphanages and it made my blood boil. It was late one night when I decided to confront him at his manor. I wanted to hurt him for everything. And that's what I did. I set his manor on fire starting in the hall. Then the dining room, the kitchen, the spare bedrooms, the bathrooms and then finally his office where I new he would be. He was surprised when I came in with my hands ablaze. I trailed my hands along the walls as the wallpaper lit on fire. I blocked out what he was saying because I didn't want to hear his lies. I was about ta meter from his desk when I threw a fireball towards him. That's when I realised it was too late. I didn't see his daughter Ella standing in the corner of the room screaming for her dad. The fire had surrounded her and it was so hot that within thirty seconds her screaming stopped and was replaced with the scent of burned flesh. I froze once again because I had killed a child. She wasn't meant to be there. She was meant to be asleep at her home with her mother but she wasn't. I-I killed Dimitri's only daughter. The one thing he cared for the most in the world. The only person he put before his work. Dimitri was screaming not only in pain from the fire but also because he had watched his daughter be burned alive and I just stood there. I could have stopped that fire but I didn't. I let the fear take over. I didn't even know that Matt had been there trying to drag me out of the burning building so we could get away. Matt helped me get away and reassured me that I couldn't have known Ella was there. I never knew why Matt was there in the first place. I never asked and now he has been taken by Dimitri because somehow he survived. Ever since I set the manor on fire I ran because I was still scared and i still am. I wanted to turn myself in but I knew Dimitri had men in the police force who did his biddings. After two years on the run I met Steve and we got along before Matt tipped me off that Dimitri's men from the mafia were after me so I faked my own death and kept on running for another three years. That was until I was taken by a man who was identical to Steve who was working for Dimitri. I escaped and that's when Fury found me and here I am now." I finally finished. I looked at Natasha one more time again she displayed no emotion and just let go of my hand. She stood up without a word and just looked at me in the eyes as if she was trying to figure out if that was the truth and if it was everything. The suspense was killing me. Did she hate me? Would she understand? Did she think I was lying? Would she tell the others and they would kick me out?

"I'm sorry you had to go through that. I thought my past was bad." She finally said as she extended a hand and pulled me up into a tight hug. I immediately fell into her arms and let out a shaky breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Your the first person in a long time who I have told that story to. Please don't tell the others." I whispered as she held me tight and rubbed my back.

"I won't don't worry. It's not my story to tell. I'm sorry I treated you so bad when you first arrived. I just don't trust people that well." She replies.

" Thank you and don't worry I may have wanted to get revenge before by telling you your whole backstory while you were in the training room before." I sniffled as Nat released me from her embrace.

"Ahhh so that's what was in that file huh." She said with a little laugh.

"Yep. But I'm glad it burned because your past isn't my story to tell and it means that now I hope you trust me a little. Just so you know I didn't find much even with my impeccable hacking skills. Fury seriously likes to keep thing buried." I laughed back.

"I trust you more than I did before. Thank you for accidentally burning the file and your right Fury does like to keep secrets secret." She smiled.

I looked at the clock and realised that we had been talking almost all the day. It was around 11pm so I told Nat that we should probably get some sleep and with that she gave me one last hug and left but not before saying goodnight.

I got changed into some pyjamas and claimed into bed. I fell asleep quickly only to be awoken by another nightmare except this was worse than any I've had in the past....

Authors Note
Sorry I didn't update last Friday. I had finished my exams after the two weeks straight of having them and I was just really tired from everything so I needed a little break. I am off school for a week so I'm going to try and update again on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday before going back to updating on Fridays. Thank you for the support and I made this one longer to say sorry. Stay safe. Bye 😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.4K 1.7K 34
I'm writing this for the readers who ship Bruce Banner and Natasha Romanoff! I'm not a great writer so sorry if there are typos. It starts out a coup...
22.3K 441 22
Oneshots of Natasha Romanoff This is my first book and my writing sucks -Natasha x fem reader -Maybe Scarlett x fem reader [slow updates] started: Ju...
108K 1.1K 28
|Natasha Romanoff x Fem reader| |Request: Open| |I don't own any of the Marvel Characters. | |fluff and smut mostly. | |G!p, in some chapters ;)|
371K 7.7K 60
whatever the title says. i'm so sorry for the awful and poor writing, english is not my first language.