The Under Boss's Ballerina [1...

De cocopuffandheroine

-COMPLETE- [09. 10. 20. - 03. 06. 21] Angelo Giovanni had eyes for a certain fiery black haired beauty. No ma... Mai multe

warning
Copyright
Prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
57
58
59
60
Epilogue (part one)
Epilogue (part two)
Epilogue (extended)
Epilogue (bonus)
Epilogue (bonus II)
this story is being rewritten

56

7.2K 383 212
De cocopuffandheroine

Coming over to Ariel's might have been the best thing to do.

Well it might have been the best thing I did in a long ass time. If not Ariel's it would mean going back to Roman's lair.

Trust me when I say, staying with Roman isn't something I would like to do right now. Well, I would rather not face him at all. Not in this life atleast.

Well whatever right? I wasn't proud of what I did.  But mostly I wasn't really ready to explain it to Roman.

I didn't want to come across petty or needy. Because I wasn't. Right? Right?

I wasn't. I need no man. Especially I didn't need Roman.

Laying in Ariel's couch with some weird show playing on the TV I played with Coco's fur who was asleep on my stomach.

Poods was on the floor, in his bed, watching TV, wide eyed. While I lounged about Ariel's house she was busy in the kitchen doing whatever she does.

Come to think of it. I wonder. Ariel was engaged.

Bubbles- my Bubbles who flipped off devil-o in the early days was engaged to the same devil-o. I wonder if she is pregnant.

Because if not, why would she sport a fat solitaire like that? That too all so sudden.

Without a party or a celebration. I mean. There's always an engagement party, isn't there?

And Devil-o doesn't seem like the person who doesn't love to stroke his lion sized ego.

Showing off Bubbles is what he likes to do.

But then again, I would love to show off Bubbles if she were shagging me too. With a snort I focus back on TV.

"Did you finish your tea?" I hear my best friend call. "I won't warm it up for second time, Blaire."

"I did." I lie while picking up the cup of chamomile tea or whatever and gulping the cold shit in one go.

There. She can stop nagging now.

"Okay." She sing songs from the kitchen making me sigh. I really like Ariel when she isn't playing mum.

Sometimes, I don't like her at all because all she does is plays mum. I mean, I like that she cares about me but sometimes she's just-

Yeah. Too responsible about every little thing.

I see the front door open and Devil-o walk in. Today he was dressed in a pinstripe suit. In grey. And sucesfully ignored my presence as he stepped though the doors and directly walked into the kitchen. His hand clasped around a bouquet of Paris red roses.

Well then.

Who knew Devil-o was a little old romantic?

I heard a low shriek coming from the kitchen followed by a series of giggles and then possible smooching noises.

Maybe I imagined the smooching noises. But they were groping in there alright.

If you knew Ariel and Angelo as I did, they couldn't keep their hands off each other.

I mean- yeah, y'all know what I mean. Going at each other like bunnies and all.

My course of thought reminded me of the pair of bunnies I spotted in Coralyn's garden. Going at it.

Her garden was immaculately fairytale-ish. And she had bunnies. A number of them. Two of which I spotted one afternoon of being especially lonely and sad to myself.

Yeah. Even rabbits were playing poke and prod. It was just poor old Blaire going through a dry spell. A draught, if you will.

Around me all I had was the happy happy couple's of the decade. Coralyn- she was still at honeymoon phase with her husband of thirty years. Alyssa was madly in love with Lorenzo like they were eighteen.

And don't even get me started about Ariel. She was actually in her honeymoon phase being newly engaged and what not.

Not that it all bothered me but I lacked single friends.

Friends who weren't so deep into relationships and marriages. Friends with whom I can bitch about everything.

Vent about anything without feeling like I was accusing them. Or being an entitled bitch.

Ariel and I, ableit best friends, were so different from each other. While all she ever wanted was a little family of her own, a little home to play house mother, my dreams were to make something out of myself.

Something- something that would make me proud. Not that I judged Ariel for having a dream like hers but I couldn't actually relate to her because I didn't really think the way she did.

And whenever she got a glimpse of her dream being so close to be fulfilled, I felt like a failure because I was nowhere near to be feeling proud of myself. I was still there, where I was two months ago.

Eating and getting fat.

I didn't know how to place point this emotion that I was feeling. It came and went. Like a wave of rather humid breeze. It bothered me all way too much.

Angrily wiping away the tears that had leaked my eyes, I focused back on the television screen.

"Blaire-bear?" Ariel singsoned walking out of the kitchen with a skip to her steps. "Do you want truffles?"

"No." I reply in monotone. "I don't like truffles."

"Dark chocolate?" She asks showing me the tray of an over fancy chocolate box. "Have some. You'll feel better babe."

"I don't like chocolate, Bubbles." I sighed. It was a lie. Because I loved chocolates.

I loved fancy chocolates even more but these were probably brought for her by her new fiance.

I wouldn't feel very comfortable in taking one little truffle ball from her box. It would be weird.

"Awe, I don't mind." Ariel pouted. "Go on. Take some. A couple. I don't eat chocolate. I'm trying to loose weight."

"You're a terrible liar." I mumbled looking up at Ariel's smiling face.

Her made up smile faltered as she took a seat on the couch across from me. Followed by a sigh she opened her mouth. Probably for some why nots and what's wrong.

"Don't." I warned focusing back on to the show whose episode was over and another was about to start.

"Blaire." Ariel sighs. "What's wrong?"

"I'm fine, bubbles." I reply. "Why would anything be wrong?"

How is a person so- selfless? I think. The times I've yelled at her and- and cussed at her, cussed at her child whom she had lost in the most painful way- and- and she still has enough empathy left in her to accept my half arsed apology that I offered.

I don't deserve her.

I don't know if she has low standards regarding friendship or if she is just too forgiving. Ariel makes my head hurt. Sometimes.

"You sound so gloomy." She whispers. Her eyes softening. "What's wrong, babe?"

"Nothing." I sigh. "I just don't feel like talking. Okay? I want some alone time."

"Okay." She replies. "But let me take care of you too, okay? Have some chocolate. Come on."

"No." I grimace. "Don't give away your presents to your friends, Bubbles."

"It's just chocolate." She shrugs. "I'll leave some for you, okay?"

She wasn't taking a no for an answer. "Okay."

With a smile she leaves the box of assorted chocolates on the centre table and goes back to the kitchen. She had only tasted one of the dark chocolate and had left the rest for me.

God, I'm such a bad friend. With a scowl resting on my face I pluck out the expensive looking chocolate from the assortment box and take a bite.

God bless, Angelo's deep pockets. I think as the slightly bitter taste exploded in my mouth. And before I knew I had polished off five circular chocolates on my own.

Yeah. So much for disliking chocolates huh? My conscience mutters. I ignored the voice that chose to speak up at the most inappropriate and unwanted time.

Taking the box of chocolate, I walked up to the kitchen before dropping a sleeping Coco on the couch.

Clearing my throat, I entered the cooking arena, where Ariel was stirring something on a pan.

"Hey." She beamed looking at me. "They're good, aren't they?"

"They are." I give her a smile too. "Saved you some."

"Awe, thanks." She stuck out her bottom lip and plucked up a white one taking a bite. "It's so good."

I put the container box on the kitchen table where Angelo was working or whatever in his laptop. The dozen of roses already in a jar with water acting as the centre peice of the table.

Maybe he's watching porn or something.

"What?" He asked when he saw me narrowing my eyes at him.

"You're creepy." I stated.

"Pardon?" He frowns. "What is wrong with you?"

"What would be wrong with me?" I scoff.

"Well, clearly there isn't anything right with you. I just assumed." He fires back.

"Yeah?" I scowl. "Whatever."

"Angel-" we hear Ariel's sweet tone. She gives her fiancé a pursed look that admonishes him silently.

"I am going to take a shower." Angelo says with a sigh as get vacates the chair he was occupying.

"Yeah, you stink." I snapped.

Devil-o chose to ignore my comment as he closed his computer, placed a kiss on Ariel's mouth- for a little too long- and left the scene.

"Why do you both bicker like kids?" Ariel sighs going back to stirring her sauce.

"Can't stand him." I huff folding my arms over my chest. "Nothing personal though."

Ariel laughs. But our conversation is cut short as the doorbell rings.

"I'll see it." I offer.

"It's probably Bertie." She says. "He takes the dogs out to wherever he goes this time."

"Okay." I chirp as I skip to the door and open it.

Yeah? No. Not today boss.

"Open the door Blaire." Roman says from the other end. His voice has enough calm to let me know that he is royally pissed.

Well. Did I mention that I was supposed to go to the penthouse straight from Coralyn's? No? Silly me, then.

"Open the damn door." He bellows from outside.

Yeah. Not happening.

"Go the fuck away, Roman." I yell back. "It's not you place."

"Enough of you being a child, Blaire." He warns. "Open the door."

"Please, leave." I beg. "Please, Roman. Not today. Please."

"Open the door." He says. Not yelling anymore. "Open the door, pup."

"No."

"Blaire, who's outside?" Ariel asks emerging from the kitchen as she sees me standing with my forehead pressed against the door.

"Roman." I whisper.

Silence.

"Are you not going to let him in?" She asks frowning.

"Nope." I reply. "Nah."

"Ok-kay?" She muses. "Why not?"

"I just don't want to see him." I lie.

"Okay." She frowns. "But it's rude to let him stand outside like that, babe. Let him in and you can go up to your room and not see him."

"Promise me, you'll send him back home?" I whisper to my friend. Desperate for some help to hide my embarrassment. My faults that has affected us way too much.

"I-okay." She sighs. "You don't have to see him, darling."

"Okay." I nod. "I'll go up to the room."

"Sure."

But I don't go up to the room. I cross the stairs and hide behind the columns that hold the high ceiling as I watch the scene unfold before my eyes.

Yeah. Roman was pissed. And God knows he was going to kill me once he got his hands on me. I was royally screwed.

I saw Ariel step away from the double doors letting the suited man in. He sported a three piece navy blue suit and carried a gift wrapped box.

I saw Ariel smile as Roman said something to her and handed her the gift wrapped item. Not going to deny, it felt a little bad that he hadn't gotten me a present.

But Ariel was engaged right? It was probably a congratulatory gift. But then again if Roman knew that she and Angelo were getting married before why didn't I?

Of ourselves Devil-o told him. They're with each other all day, anyway. Of course he told him.

I saw Ariel give Roman a side hug before leading him to the living area.

"What are you doing?" I heard a voice that made my would jump high in my body.

"Jesus Christ." I hissed turning to face Angelo. Fresh out of the shower, dressed in a pair of sweat pants and a grey tee.

Angelo looked at me quizzically raising an eyebrow. I gave him a sheepish grin. "I'm snooping."

"On your friend?" He asks.

His tone of voice made me turn to face him once again.

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean, Blaire." He says as a matter of fact.

"Why would I snoop on Ariel?"

"Why would you?" He asks back.

I frown. "Whatever do you mean? What is wrong with you?"

"This same thing happened when Roman came before, didn't it? You snooped and then took out whatever aggression you felt toward whoever on Ariel? Or have you forgotten already when you broke a bottle?"

I open my mouth to respond to him. But it doesn't come. He was saying the truth. I opened and closed my mouth again before sighing.

"You know-" I breathe. "I made a mistake that night-"

"I suppose you made the same mistake four- five times after that." He added. His large arms were crossed over his chest now. His jaw muscles ticking.

"Look-" I hold up my hand. "Ariel and I-"

But Angelo doesn't let me finish. He leaves the scene, leaving me at mid-sentence.

Climbing down the stairs to greet his brother. They hug. Angelo kisses Roman in the temple and his stoney expression disappears as both of them takes a seat on the sofa.

I see Angelo retrieve a decanter of whiskey from the cabinet and sit down pouring two glasses of amber liquid, fluently conversing in Italian.

Well. That was scary. So, I end up going to the guest room Ariel had set for me.

After a much needed hot shower and getting dressed in the pajama set that Bubbles kept on the bed, I get under the covers to turn off the lights.

I have lost every ounce of hunger I had left in me after my encounter with Angelo.

I mean, I would've thrown a fit at him if he was even slightly wrong. He wasn't.

Ariel doesn't need any of my noxiousness right now. She's had enough. She has tolerated enough of me treating her like garbage-

"Blaire bear?" I hear my friend's voice outside the door. "Do you want me to get your dinner or do you want to come down?"

"Has Roman left already?" I call out from under the blankets.

Ariel hesitates to answer. "No, hun. He's-uh downstairs. Talking to Angelo."

"I- I'll come down." I mumble. "Give me a second."

"Sure, babe." I hear Ariel's voice.

Five minutes later, I join the trio in the dining room. Ariel had made stuffed shell pasta with some sides whose names I had no idea about.

"Here." My friend extends me a plate as I take a seat beside Roman, across from her. For this arrangement I was thankful.

Not because I sat beside the guy whose bed I occasionally warmed but because Ariel was across from me and I didn't have to see Roman's face every time I stared ahead.

"Thank you." I mumbled as I accepted the played dinner from Ariel and picked up my fork to take a bite.

However, dinner at the Giovanni residence was a quiet affair. Albeit palpatable with tension but quiet. I was glad it was silent because if I had to talk, I was sure that I would whimper out crying.

Crying in front of Roman isn't something I wanted to do.

"What are you doing here, Blaire?" I heard Roman speak up from beside me. His voice low and impassive. As we were only in the company of ourselves with Ariel in the kitchen and Angelo somewhere to get another bottle of wine.

I stayed silent instead of answering him the obvious.

"You cannot keep running about from this place to that just because you're too much of a coward." The man seethed.

"Watch me." I whisper.

"Oh, I'm watching you alright." He snaps lowly. Taking another sip of his red wine. "I'm definitely watching you."

"Please, Roman." I whisper. "I don't want to talk right now-"

"If it were up to you, you would never talk Blaire." He says.

He was right.

"I'm sorry alright?" I whisper. "Please don't talk about it."

Roman doesn't respond, but then again I don't need him to respond. I understand why would he feel repulsed by me right now. Hell, even I feel repulsed by myself right now.

"Why are you here?" He asks again.

"So I don't have to go back to the penthouse Roman. Even looking at you seems too much."

"You can have the penthouse. I'll stay the estate-"

"Roman-"

"Or you can leave for England."

Out of all the things I hoped he would say, I didn't hope for this one sentence out of his mouth.

Or you can leave for England.

"The later seems to be in your odds. You get to have your freedom and whatever it is that you have always desired."

"Roman-" I beg. Literally beg.

"There is nothing left for you to stay here, Blaire." He concludes. "If you want to leave you're free to."

"Do you want me to leave?" I ask. A lump hurting my throat. Tears almost leaking.

"It's not about what I want." He says getting up. "It's about what you want."

"What about us?"

"You have concluded that before." He said. "For the both of us."

"Roman!" I raise my voice, finally looking at him.

"I'm going to say goodnight to Ariel." He says buttoning up his suit jacket. And after a long time I see utter coldness in his eyes.

Emotionless and empty. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Tbh, I expected a little more feedback on the last chapter. This wasn't how I hoped the comeback updates will get the response. But meh. Here's Blaire's pov. This will also be a chapter on Blaire's book in the near future. And that's why I have kept away all possible hints that would spoil the plot beforehand. I hope y'all enjoyed.

I'll be back to fix the errors in this soon.

-November.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

2.1M 58.7K 48
Ariel black is a lethal and deadly assassin. The deranged seductress can make any man fall on his knees with one glance.... She is filled with vengea...
144K 3.3K 26
A chance encounter 10 years previous has come back into Mia's life but he's not just anyone, he is the Tsar of Russian Mafia. Mia is a good girl. A g...
205K 4.3K 54
She's a girl with a powerful family. He's a guy who runs his own mafia. So why do they have anything to do with each other? Why does he have to be he...
1.6M 1.9K 8
UNEDITED WATTPAD VERSION! (This is the arguably rubbish version, ye be warned.) Includes a sample of the published version as well *** Life would be...