backlogged dreams & day old t...

Oleh jaylorloveletters

taylor has been best friends with joe since they were school children, teasing each other on the playground... Lebih Banyak

I - cats cradle
II - secret valentine
III - double presents
IV - hey dorothea
V - i hope you like cats
VI - aurora and sad prose
VII - calamitous love
VIII - stars stole the night away
IX - this love lasts so long
X - bridges burn
XI - all the girls
XII - fighting with a true love
XIII(a) - your kiss, my cheek
XIII(b) - i watched you leave
XIV - the lucky ones
XVI - two for the show
XVII - baby just say yes
XVIII - careless man's careful daughter
XIX - london boy
XX - even if it makes me blue
XXI - safe and sound
XXII - camden market in the afternoon
XXIII - willow
XXIV - august head
XXV - the archer
XXVI - eleanor
XXVII - sacred new beginnings
that's my man (bonus part)

epilogue

1.4K 35 275
Oleh jaylorloveletters

taylor and joe's married life with Willow and what the other characters are up to currently::

10th November, 2019

As Taylor unlocks the door, she realises the house is unusually quiet. She strips off her coat and her high heels, relaxing her toes. She walks into the living room and sees Joe and Willow asleep on the couch, with Joe holding Willow tightly and Willow's head on Joe's shoulder.

She walks closer to them, snapping a few photos secretly before walking over to them and kneeling on the floor beside Joe.

She tried to gently pry Willow from his grasp, so that she could put her in her cot.

Joe, still half asleep, grasped Willow even tighter and put his chin gently on her back. "My baby," he mumbled protectively.

Taylor giggled slightly at his behaviour and brushed his hair back. "Yeah my love, I know it's your baby but it's mine too and we have you get her to her cot, hm?" she said softly.

"I want to stay here," Joe mumbled, his eyes still closed.

"I'm afraid you're going to accidentally hurt Willow in your sleep, babe, we have to get her to her cot."

"Stop making things up, you're just jealous I abandoned you and our bed for Willow," Joe scoffs jokingly.

"Joseph. I'm being serious."

"Mmkay," Joe groans, finally getting up from the couch, his blue eyes opening. He placed kisses on Willow and Taylor's head as they walked up the stairs to her nursery.

When they laid Willow down, they breathed a sigh of relief when she didn't stir, sleeping peacefully with a pacifier in her mouth.

When they left the room, Taylor wrapped her arms around Joe's neck and leaned her head on his shoulder like Willow did. "Carry me please," she said sleepily.

Joe grabbed her thighs to support her body as she clung on to him. "How was the event?"

"It was fun, but I missed you." she said softly.

"My baby," he mumbled into her ear, making her chuckle quietly.

"Mwah," she said, exaggerating her kiss on his shoulder.

————
May 8th, 2020

Willow giggles happily as she is perched on Taylor's hip. Taylor grabs her tiny hand and guides it to the doorbell. Willow uses her whole palm to press the button, then she retreats her hand and claps her hands happily.

A few moments later,  the door opens, revealing Andrea.

"Hey Mom!" Taylor says excitedly, going in for a one arm embrace. "How are you doing!"

"Guess what," Andrea says softly. "I'm cancer free now. The chemo worked."

Taylor immediately leaps up and down, jiggling Willow with her excitedly. She embraces her mother in a bone crushing hug, crying happy tears.

"I'm so glad you're okay now," Taylor whispered. "I don't know what I would do without you."

Andrea smiles at Taylor before accepting Joe's hug, who was standing behind them the whole time.

"Hey Willow," Andrea said quietly to her granddaughter.

Willow ignores her, her chin on Taylor's shoulder, her back facing Andrea.

"She ignores you if you call her Willow. I started calling her Lizzie because of her middle name but she says it with a 'T' and so now it's Tizzie."

"Hey Tizzie," Andrea tries, reaching out her arms to hold her.

Willow turns around and her eyes light up. "Gran-ma!" she exclaims, failing to pronounce the 'D' sound.

"I missed you Tizzie," Andrea said, carefully holding the toddler.

"I missed ooooo," the toddler replied, squirming around restlessly to be let down onto the floor.

"This is totally not going to mess everything up when she grows older," Taylor said sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "For some reason she only lets Joe call her Willow now."

"I'm special," Joe joked. "C'mere Willow, let's go wash your hands so you can have a snack, hm?" he says gently.

Willow nods and climbs down to the floor, holding Joe's hand as they walk to the bathroom together.

"Gran-pa!" Willow's squeals were heard by the two women still in the living room.

"I'm glad she and Dad get along well," Taylor commented.

"He spoils her too much," Andrea rolled her eyes. "Wait till you see what he got for her later on."

Taylor laughed, her ponytail swaying back and forth a bit as she moved her head. "It's fine," she giggled.

————
6th June, 2020

Willow ran through the hallways of their LA home in her tiny dress. She noticed her father standing in front of her and ran into his body, wrapping her hands around his legs. He bent down and picked her up.

"Are you ready for tonight, Will?" he asked softly, gently prying the toddler's thumb from her mouth.

"Daddy!" Willow laid her head on her father's shoulder.

Taylor walked into the room in a short dress with flowers embroidered all over it and billowing sleeves. Her hair was done into a braided into a giselle-esque hairstyle and she looked ethereal.

"Hey, are you guys ready?" she asked, grabbing her purse. She walked over to Joe and straightened his tie.

"You look gorgeous." Joe smiled.

"I could say the same about you, Alwyn," Taylor smirked.

"Go where?" Willow asked, sitting in her car seat.

"We're going to the Oscars, darling. Daddy might win an award." Taylor said, turning her head to the right to look at her daughter.

"Scarlett?" Willow asked.

"No, Tizzie, she won't be there. You're seeing her next week, remember?" Taylor answered, knowing that she was referring to Eleanor's daughter.

She was born a little more than six months after Willow, and the two were already inseparable, always walking around mischievously. Taylor and Eleanor had gotten really close over time, and they would always bring the kids out with them to go shopping or simply high tea. They relied on each other heavily as babysitters, but were also found calling each other frequently for long talks at night.

Willow nodded solemnly before she looked out the window again, sucking her thumb. She had Taylor's eyes and face, as well as the signature small curls covering her small head. However, she had Joe's rather introverted personality, and was shy when talking to new people. Taylor had gone to Elizabeth once, afraid that she wouldn't fare well at her playgroup, but Elizabeth convinced her it was a thing to be grown out of. "Joe's doing fine now, look at him," she had joked.

"We're here, love." Joe said, looking backwards to make eye contact with Taylor, snapping her out of her thoughts. The car stopped and he got out, thanking the driver before opening the door for Taylor. He extended her hand to her and she gracefully took it, walking over to the other side of the car to help Willow out of the car seat.

"I'm here, I'm here," Taylor said, carrying Willow and brushing her hand through Willow's soft curls as all three of them walked the red carpet together. Willow was starting to whimper at the camera flashes and the loud paparazzi, but soon stopped when Joe took her into his arms and bopped her up and down.

Taylor breathed a sigh of relief once they were inside, socializing while waiting for Joe to finish his interviews with the press.

"Hey guys, don't you look cute together," Blake commented, walking over to her friend with Ryan.

"Thank you! It's her first award show, so I'm hoping she'll either fall asleep or sit there without making a fuss." Taylor pursed her teeth together and sucked in her breath nervously.

"She'll be fine," Blake assured her friend. "She's such a good girl."

"Hey guys," Joe said, walking over to pat Ryan on the back and to give Blake a hug.

"Done?" Taylor raised her eyebrows at him. He nodded and grabbed her hand, exchanging goodbyes with the other couple before walking to their seats. Willow sat on Taylor's lap, occupied by one of the flowers on her dress.

"I'm nervous," Joe confessed, his hand on her thigh.

"Don't be, babe," Taylor placed her hand on top of his. "We're proud of you either way."

The show dragged by, and soon it was time for Best Actor. Joe tapped his foot nervously, his hand intertwined with Taylor's. Willow, oblivious to her surroundings, put her hands onto Joe's face, patting Joe's nose and giggling.

"Baby, no no." Joe whispered, gently removing her hands.

He didn't even realise when his name was called as the winner. "Babe," Taylor half screamed, leaping up and pulling him into a hug. She pecked his lips shortly, then licked her lips and whispered "I'm so, so proud of you."

"I know, I love you," Joe said. "I'm taking her up with me," he gestured to Willow and picked her up, walking up to the podium.

"Good evening everyone," Joe said. "This is my daughter, Willow, and I thought I'd bring her up here with me." he smiled. "Say hi baby," he mumbled into her ear.

"OOOOO," Willow spoke excitedly, reaching her tiny hands towards the mic, a determined look on her face,  earning a collective booming laugh from the audience.

"First of all, I'd like to thank the Academy for giving me this honour," Joe said. "To anyone who decided that I was worthy of this, uh, prestigious award. Then, I'd like to thank all of my co-stars and everyone who helped in my most recent movie, The Last Letter To Your Lover, which helped me win this Academy Award. Lastly, I'd like to thank my wife Taylor, who has always supported me through everything and Willow, who has made every day such a worth it. I love you both so much. Thank you!" he concluded his speech, picking up the Oscar and showing it off. He turned his head slightly to look at Willow, who was perched on his body, her back facing the audience.

"Say thank you, darling," he whispered, patting her back gently.

Willow turned around and gazed at him in the eyes, before looking towards the audience and reaching for the mic again with a cheeky face. "Thank oooo," she said shyly, winning more laughter from the audience.

They go back to their seats and Joe earns another kiss from Taylor.

"I'm so in love with you," she mumbles into his neck as he hugs her.

————
June 13th, 2020

"Hey guys!" Taylor said excitedly, embracing Eleanor and her boyfriend, Thomas. "It's nice to see you guys again. Say hi Tizzie," she whispered the last part into the baby's ear.

Willow shyly buried her face into her mother's neck, afraid of speaking up. Eleanor laughed softly and patted her golden curls.

Joe did likewise, greeting them with hugs before they all sat down at their table for six. Taylor put Willow in the high chair next to Scarlett, and the two started babbling about, playing with their tiny tidbits they brought along with them to the restaurant. Despite Willow being shy, she had no problem interacting with her tiny friend, fishing out toys from her overall pocket to share with her.

"How are you guys doing?" Taylor asked, scanning the menu.

"We're doing great! Thomas has been such an angel to us and Scarlett likes him," Eleanor replied, holding her boyfriend's hand under the table. "So what about you guys?"

"There's not much between us El, we're married." Joe said dryly, earning a punch on his shoulder from his wife.

"Tizzie, do you want to share a pizza with Scarlett?" Eleanor asked.

"No," Willow replied softly, shaking her small head. "Chicken nuggies."

"It's alright," Taylor smiled. "We'll take home any leftovers."

"Is everyone ready to order?" Thomas asked, which everybody nodded to. He raised his hand and a waitress came over, ready to take their orders.

When she was finished, she eyed Taylor up and down before speaking up. "You kind of look like an American singer," she commented.

"Do I?" Taylor said in a fake British accent, making Joe nearly spit out his water. "That's flattering."

The waitress shrugged before walking away. The whole table collapsed in laughter, except for the two toddlers engrossed in their toys.

"I keep forgetting you're this famous singer with a grammy and an album out now," Eleanor laughed.

"Yeah, I totally forgot Lover existed," Thomas teased her. "How's it going over in the US?"

"Last week it was messy because it was the Oscars, and that was fun," Taylor replied, looking at Joe. "But apart from work we usually don't go over there because the paps scare Willow a little. It's a lot worse over there."

"Oh yeah! Congrats on the win, Joe." Eleanor smiled, with Thomas commenting something similar.

"Thanks."

Just then, the food arrived at the plates were set down in front of the,. Taylor instinctively took out the baby food scissors and a bib out of her bag for Willow. She started cutting up the chicken nuggets, while Willow took tiny bites out of the fries on the side.

"Can I have one, darling?" Joe asked her, gesturing to the fries.

Willow took one and pushed it against his lips, muffling him.

"Mmm," Joe said, making the two toddlers laugh.

When their dinner ended, the toddlers ordered chocolate ice cream cones, smearing the dessert all over their face.

"Tizzie," Taylor sighed, wiping her face with a napkin.

"Mumma," Scarlett whimpered, begging her mother to do the same.

Eleanor chuckled and wiped the ice cream off her daughter's face. "There, honey."

"It's so weird to think that a year ago things were so different," Taylor said. "No regrets though."

"Same," Eleanor said.

When they left the restaurant and walked to their separate cars, Scarlett wailed and pointed towards Willow.

"I really can't separate you guys for a second, hm?" Joe chuckled. "Say bye bye, darling," he mumbled into Willow's ear, as she was currently in his arms.

"Bye bye," Willow waved at her friend, yawning.

"Bye bye bye," Scarlett said sleepily.

As they were walking away, Willow wiggled her legs around as Joe held her, kicking his stomach.

"No, no darling, don't kick," Joe said, gently using his other hand to hold her legs still. "It hurts, okay?"

"Okay," Willow said quietly, earning a kiss from her father.

They put Willow into her car seat, brushing her golden curls back and placing a kiss on her forehead. "Mmm," she muttered, already half asleep.

"Frosty crew did it again," Joe said. "You're my American singer."

"Shut up," Taylor laughed. "So cheesy."

————
April 28th, 2021

Taylor woke up to an empty bedside. She turned over to her bedside table and found a note from Joe.

Hi love,
Willow and I just went for a walk in the park. We'll be home by noon and we'll bring takeout. Love you.

She smiled at the note and put it away safely with all the other notes Joe has left for her over the years. She still kept every single one of them.

She got up to make herself breakfast, then as she was making herself some coffee, she felt like she was going to vomit at the scent of the coffee beans.

"Shit, shit," Taylor mumbled after throwing up in the toilet. She had recognized this feeling. It felt the same way when she was pregnant with Willow.

She quickly pulled out a spare test from the cabinet and did it, leaving it for a few minutes to wait for the results.

When Joe and Willow came back home, Taylor was once again resting on her bed, reading a book.

"Hey love," Joe said, walking into their bedroom. "There's Chinese takeout downstairs. And yes, I remembered the spring rolls this time."

"I'm never letting you live it down, Joseph." Taylor said, referencing when he forgot to order them last time. "But thanks, babe."

"Willow, give Mumma your present," Joe encouraged.

Willow, who was standing behind her father, slowly walked up to her mother and placed a slightly squished up flower into her hands.

"Aweee thank you so much, darling, I love it," Taylor said, placing the flower onto her bedside table and picking Willow up. "Did you have fun at the park, Tizzie?"

Willow nodded. "I'm hungry," she said quietly.

"I'll get you some macaroni, okay?" Taylor said, getting out of bed.

All three of them walked downstairs to the dining room, where Joe had placed the takeout containers.

Taylor walked to the kitchen to heat up some macaroni, while Joe sat Willow down in her high chair and unpacked the food.

"Smells good," Taylor said, walking in with a bowl and a spoon. She placed a bib around Willow's neck and brushed her hair back. She scooped some food and started to feed Willow slowly.

"I'll feed her, eat your spring rolls before they get soggy," Joe chuckled.

She smiled gratefully at him and picked up her chopsticks, immediately grabbing a still crispy spring roll.

When they finished, Joe helped Taylor put the containers into the trash. "We should go up to the roof," Taylor commented. "Haven't been up there in a while."

"I'm glad to see you haven't forgotten our nightly ritual," Joe said. "It's not night time though."

Taylor shrugged. "We can take Willow up now, I wanna show her."

Joe nodded, so all three of them went up to the roof.

Willow sat on Joe's lap, trying to bite his finger, while Joe tried hopelessly to pull it away. She was most likely teething, which was why she keeps biting things to relieve some pressure in her gums. Taylor watched as he tried desperately, laughing.

"Babe, can I tell you something?" Taylor asked, wringing her hands together nervously.

"Hm?" Joe asked, raising his eyebrows at her.

"You know how we've talked about having another baby?" Taylor asked quietly.

"Yeah?" Joe replied, not sure where it was heading.

"I'm pregnant." Taylor said, smiling nervously.

Joe gasped excitedly and immediately got up to hug her. "I love you so so so much," he whispered. "I can't wait."

"Second time should be fun," Taylor smirked.

"Willow's going to have a sibling," Joe said, tears brimming in his eyes.

"Joseph," Taylor giggled. "You're so cute when you cry."

"You're such a meanie," Joe pouted.

"Love you too hubby," she blew a fly kiss at him.

"I love all three of you," Joe kissed her on the lips this time.

She kissed him back, prolonging the kiss and holding it for ten full seconds.

————
4th June, 2021

Taylor and Joe linked arms as they walked into the Nashville Elementary School gym. Willow was in her father's arms, asleep. The event was their elementary school reunion, in which they would be making donations to support the school too.

"C'mere darling," Joe said, noticing Abigail talking to someone in the corner of the room.

"Abi!!!!" Taylor exclaimed, running over to give her friend a hug, abandoning Joe.

"Hey Tay," Abigail squeezed her tightly. "These facetimes never do us justice. How's my favourite married couple?" she asked, spying Joe lurking her behind Taylor.

"Hey Abi, Taylor abandoned me for you," Joe complained, wrapping his arm around Taylor from behind.

"How's little Miss Alwyn doing?" Abigail asked, patting Willow's back. The toddler didn't stir from her sleep, but instead moved her hands around her father's neck.

"So, what's teaching here like? Anything different," Taylor smirked.

"You know, there's a cute pair of best friends in my class that remind me exactly of you guys," Abigail commented.

"Maybe they'll grow apart but reunite on a plane someday, go to the lakes, kiss, then get married and have two children," Taylor laughed.

"You guys don't have two..." Abigail trailed off. Her eyes widened in realisation. "You're pregnant?" she whispered excitedly.

Taylor nodded, smiling. "Due in January," she smiled, linking her arm with Joe's again.

Abigail jumped up and down happily, hugging Taylor so tight she could barely breathe. When the other guests realised the celebrity couple of best friends were in the room, they started whispering about.

Inez stalked over, chewing gum again and holding a cocktail. "Hey guys, what are we talking about?"

"Um..." Taylor trailed off. "Casual small talk."

"Oh." Inez touched Willow's back, waking her up accidentally. The toddler stirred and rubbed her eyes, her cheeks red.

"Mumma," Willow called softly.

"I'm here, baby," Taylor picked her up from Joe's arms and patted her gently.

"Hey baby," Inez said to Willow, her strong perfume scent filling up Willow's tiny nose.

"Stinky," Willow mumbled, turning around to face her back to Inez. Taylor tried to suppress her laugh, while Joe mumbled a "Good job, baby" into her ear.

Taylor and Joe walked away and meandered around the room, earning whispers and gossips from everyone else. Taylor sighed, playing with her hair as she tried to recognize familiar faces. Everybody seemed so different now. Fame was hard to handle.

Joe sensed that she was uncomfortable and brought her to a quiet corner. "Love," he started, adjusting Willow's position on him. "It's okay if you want to go. We can leave if you want."

"I want to leave," Taylor nodded. "I'm sorry," she whispered, tears filling her eyes. "I'm ruining
it for us."

"No, you're not. I don't like it here anyways, and Willow is tired. Let's go," Joe said, taking her hand.

"I feel like I'm skipping prom with my high school boyfriend," Taylor smirked as the hot air hit them when they exited the building.

"We can try that another time, wifey," Joe laughed with her.

————

July 24th, 2021

"Uncle Pat Pat!" Willow exclaimed, running into Patrick's arms.

"Hey Tizzie, I missed you," Patrick said, picking her up. "Hey Tay, hey Joe," he greeted the toddler's parents.

"You're definitely her favourite," Taylor laughed. "Babe, can you take her? I need to go play video games now."

Joe laughed and rolled his eyes. "Alright."

Patrick shifted on his feet. "Taylor, can I speak with you for a sec?"

Taylor frowned. "Sure."

He led her to a corner and lowered his voice. "My girlfriend is in my room," he whispered.

Taylor widened her eyes. "IVY?" she whisper-shouted.

"Mhm," Patrick made eyes signalling her to lower her voice. "She came over when my parents were out but they came home earlier than I expected. My mom's gonna kill me."

"Nah, I can help," Taylor said. "C'mon I wanna meet her, let's go up."

Patrick sighed and rolled his eyes before leading the way up to his room. He opened the door and she saw a young girl hiding in the corner behind his bed.

"It's alright, Ivy, this is Taylor, my sister in law." Patrick grinned.

Ivy gasped. "What the fuck— You're the Taylor Swift?"

"Yeah?" Taylor replied, forgetting she was famous for a second. "Nice to meet you, Ivy."

"Can I get a photo?" Ivy asked excitedly.

"Of course," Taylor replied, posing for the selfie. "Pat has told me so much about you."

"He failed to mention I'm the biggest swiftie then," Ivy giggled. "My favourite song from Lover is definitely Cruel Summer."

"Good choice," Taylor laughed. "I'll tell you about the writing process someday. But right now, Pat said we have to get you out of the house?"

Ivy nodded. "Yeah."

"Do you need... a ride or anything?" Taylor asked worriedly. "Sorry, I'm kind of paranoid about these things."

"Nah, it's fine, I live a few blocks away only." Ivy shrugged.

"Okay, well I'll just say I left something in my car, so the door opening and closing won't be suspicious." Taylor said. "Pat, go make sure your family stays in the living room, please."

"Okay. Bye, Ivy," Patrick said awkwardly.

"I get the hint," Taylor said, covering her eyes.

Patrick pecked Ivy on the lips, mumbling a quick goodbye to her again. Taylor grabbed Ivy's hand and they walked down the stairs together. "I'm going to get something from the car," Taylor called out. "Go, go," she hurriedly said to Ivy before Elizabeth could come and offer help.

"Mumma!" she heard Willow called.

"I'll be back, love," Taylor yelled, before turning apologetically to Ivy. "Sorry, that's my daughter."

"Nah, it's fine, I think it's cute." Ivy smiled, putting on her shoes on the front porch. "Bye! Thanks for your help!" she waved at Taylor as she ran home.

Taylor walked back into the house, finding the rest of the family and smiling at them. "Hey Willow, I'm back," she mumbled, placing the toddler onto her lap. Willow ignored her, placing with her two pigtails Taylor helped her tie earlier. "Tizzie," Taylor tickled her chin. "I'm going to play some video games with Uncle Patrick, do you want to come with me?"

Willow formed an 'O' shape with her mouth, confused for a few seconds before nodding. "Uncle Pat Pat!" she clapped her hands.

Patrick got up and walked to his room with Taylor and Willow, sitting down on the bean bag chairs.

"So..." Taylor smirked. "Going very well with Ivy, huh? How many months has it been?"

"Like... Nearly eight." Patrick blushed.

"Mhm," Taylor smiled at him. "I can tell she likes you."

"Whatever. I'm so going to beat you now," Patrick teased Taylor, changing the subject.

"God you're just like your brother in scrabble," Taylor sighed dramatically.

"Does he win?"

"Nahh." Taylor grabbed a controller. "Sit down baby," she told Willow.

"I am," Patrick joked, starting the game.

"Not you," Taylor replied, her eyes glued to the screen already.

After an intense round, Patrick won against Taylor. She groaned in annoyance, pouting like a child.

"I'm pregnant, leave me alone," she complained.

"You're not, we're over that now," Patrick rolled his eyes at her weak excuse.

"I'm not kidding, Pat. I'm pregnant again," Taylor said softly. "Here," she grabbed her phone and showed him a video of the ultrasound. "I'm like four, or almost four months along now," she said.

"Are you fucking with me?"

"Watch your language, Pat. Not in front of Willow," Taylor said in a motherly way. "But no, I'm not. Ask your brother later. He'll tell you about how he cried when I told him."

Patrick widened his eyes, realising Taylor was serious. "Oh my God," he said, pulling her into a hug and squeezing her tightly. "I'm so happy for you guys."

"Thanks," she mumbled. "You know, besides Joe, you're the first to know."

"I'm fucking honoured," Patrick said, before clamping his hand over his mouth. "But this, this is a real opportunity for you to name him Patrick now. You did it for my mom, so it's my turn now."

"Pat!" Taylor jokingly punched him in the arm. "Stop cussing, God."

"Ew, you're even worse than my mother, poor Willow," Patrick complained, earning another hit from Taylor.

————
August 23rd, 2021
Joe got up from his desk and stood up, stretching and taking off his earphones. He had just finished all his work.

He looks in the piano room for his wife and daughter. It was where they always were. He'd often join them there and create silly tunes too. It made all of them happy, and he loved seeing his two girls smile the most.

Unfortunately, they weren't there. He sighed. They couldn't have gone out, because Taylor would have yelled goodbye at him. He thought he checked the whole house. He paused for a second, staying still and listening for sounds that would lead him to them.

He hears Willow's giggles from a distance and walks further along the corridor. Of course— Willow's playroom. He peeks his head into the room and sees his wife and daughter kneeling next to a table, assumingly absorbed in some kind of arts and craft. He walks over to them, making his presence known.

Taylor glances up and sees her husband walking towards them. She immediately looks back down at her hot glue gun. "Hey babe, be careful— don't trip on the cord." she says.

Joe kneels beside Willow and hugs her tiny body. She was two years old now, and growing way faster than her parents wanted to believe.

"What are my girls doing today, hm?" He tickles Willow's stomach, who seems to be focused on wooden sticks in front of her.

"We're making popsicle stick houses, you know, like how I did when I was like, thirteen." Taylor answers.

"Oh, be careful with that glue gun, my love. You don't have the best history with it."

"Of course. Here Tizzie, place another one here for Mumma," Taylor says pointing to the glued up pile of popsicle sticks.

Willow nods and her chubby hands are held by Taylor as they carefully place the stick onto the half finished house. She backs away from the house and claps her hands, giggling with joy.

"Mumma Mumma," she babbled happily. She did that every single time, yet Taylor still couldn't get enough of it.

A single popsicle stick fell off the table onto the floor. Willow directed her attention to it, pointing at it looking dismayed. "Uh oh," she said softly.

"It's okay baby, pick it up please," Taylor said, glancing at her daughter.

Willow bends down slowly, squatting her chubby baby legs and picks it up, placing it delicately onto the table again.

"Am I allowed to join? Seems fun," Joe comments, looking at Taylor who has shifted her focus back to making sure the house did not fall apart.

"Yeah, yeah," she mumbles. "Go grab your phone, babe, I want some pictures of us together."

"Right here, love." Joe says, pulling his phone out.

He snaps a couple pictures of Willow in between Taylor's arms, Taylor's hands holding hers again as they place another stick onto the house. Willow falls back into her mother's body, sitting down on her lap and clapping once again. Taylor claps with Willow, smiling as well. They both had the same mannerisms and Willow looked like Taylor more and more each day.

"I love you," he mumbles into Taylor's ear, touching her baby bump.

"Love you too, darling." she says.

"Love ooooo," Willow tries to imitate her parents, making the two of them glance at each other and laugh.

They were everything both of them have ever wanted.

This was their place, where they made their own rules and could do whatever they wanted, no matter how fancy or mundane.

They couldn't be more grateful for little Willow, who clung to her father's neck as he carried her on the streets or sat on her mother's hip as they made cupcakes together on Saturday afternoons.

And they were so grateful for the little boy that was on his way, who most certainly would make their lives even more golden, like daylight.

This love was theirs.

・゜゚・*backlogged dreams and day old teas*・゜゚・

A/N: OKAY WELL FIRST OF ALL THIS BOOK IS OFFICIALLY DONE WHAT THE FUCK. second of all, thank you for all the continuous support you guys have shown me; i know my writing is shit skdjxjnsjs.
anyways, special thanks to reginasfolksong for letting me put your name into the book as the villain, thanks to jaylorr13 for giving me all these amazing ideas when im too dumb to think, and thanks to folklore-Stan13 for being annoying and commenting on my parts a lot. ily all <333
i dont know what i'll do next but i will still be active on wattpad and i'll come up with something soon. (i might disappear for a few weeks since i finished this right before finals but whatever) see you guys soon!!!!

p.s. do you like the picture the handwriting is miiiiiiineeeeee :)))))

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

705K 33.7K 105
Josephine Collins, an upcoming yet seemingly unheard of singer-songwriter, stumbles to the bar and orders an Old Fashioned. A blonde woman leans grac...
34.3K 1.5K 33
Taylor is dating Calvin, a cold careless man with no love for her yet they are pushed into an engagement. When she meets her boss who has a bad reput...
25.3K 665 31
**book three in the peace series** Having three kids is hard work, but when you are A-list celebrities as well it's even harder. When you combine y...
3.5K 178 7
The worlds of two famous figures collide when an unexpected encounter sparks clandestine midnight conversations. Together, they embark on a journey o...