Their Wife

By DRK_Stories

Nea Riar, a human, accidentally stumbles upon a portal to another world full of everything she has thought to... More

Copyright + Warning
Theirs Series
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
18.5 (Zev)
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty (Part 1)
Forty (Part 2)

Twenty-Five

69.3K 2.7K 655
By DRK_Stories

I hastily signed my name across the first paper. I could feel Cassius's eyes watching me. When I lifted my hand, he placed the next one that needed signing in front of me.

As I quickly looked over the pages, I caught familiar words I recognized all related to property, taxes, bills, and finances.

As I continued to sign, his gaze started to feel heavier.

"You should be more thankful for who you've been married to. Back home, someone like you wouldn't have even been allowed into the same room as the five of us, let alone even be considered for marriage."

I snorted quietly. "We're not back at your home now, are we?"

I didn't know what he was trying to get at with his remark. I wouldn't want to be near any of the five regardless of location. Ezra was the only exception and I was sure if I was asked a few weeks ago I would have included him with the rest. They were all a little controlling and scary for my taste.

"You wouldn't want to go where I come from, Ms. Riar. You wouldn't last long.

My eyes narrowed. He had struck a nerve. Who was he to tell me what I could handle when he had no clue what I have handled?

"But you do," I said, straightening. "You clearly want to go home, so why don't you? All I've heard is everyone complaining about the women here. If it's so bad, then leave. That way the five of you wouldn't have to be stuck with me either."

I was getting sick of hearing all about how women were the big bad monsters. I hadn't witnessed much aside from the few incidents in the crowded streets, but even those were too distant in my memory with all the new things I had learned and encountered on a daily. Those men- the ones who suffered- I felt for, but these- these men who claimed they had no power while lording theirs over me? The only thing I felt for them was a steadily growing anger and irritation.

Why couldn't they be like Ezra and give me a chance? Or better yet, why couldn't they just leave me alone. Completely.

That's all I ever want, to be left alone.

If Cassius had a home elsewhere, why not go and live there? They didn't seem like they were trapped here or anything. That way this whole abduction and forced marriage thing wouldn't have had to happen.

One moment I was facing off against Cassius, the next he was gone. His seat was empty.

I jumped as I felt warm air shift the hair near my ear. I could feel a large presence behind me.

"I think you're letting Ezra's affections and attention get to your head, pet." Cassius placed his large hands on the desk on either side of me, trapping me. "Watch how you speak to me."

I swallowed and nodded. It felt like a thick humidity was filling the air, making it harder to breathe.

Cassius stayed towering over me for a few more moments. I refused to move or look back at him. He had already put me in my place verbally. It would be in my best interest to play the part to avoid any physical reinforcement.

The air shifted and Cassius was standing at my side with an open folder. He placed it on the desk and slide it in front of me. "Last one."

My fingers tightened on the pen. I signed. It wasn't like I had a choice. I was just a puppet playing her part.

Once I was done, I neatly placed the pen on top of the paper. "If that's all, may I be excused?" I politely asked through clenched teeth. This man grated against the very nerves that Ezra had set on fire before soothing. I want to leave before I did something I regretted.

I stopped myself from flinching when I felt Cassius's fingers brushed against a lock of my hair. He rubbed it between his two fingers.

"Listen, Ms. Riar."

Oh, I was listening.

"I don't care for many in this world," he said as he played with the lock of hair, twirling it around his fingers. "But Ezra is included in the short list of those who I do." His finger tightened and pulled.

I yelped at the sting at my scalp as I stumbled in Cassius's direction. I crashed into his chest- not expecting him to be so close- while grabbing at my head where he pulled my hair sharply.

He leaned back against his desk, his feet planted on either side of me. His hand rose and gripped my waist firmly- threatening me to try to move- and held me in place.

"So, I suggest not harming him. Physically, or emotionally. He's the closest thing I have to normal around here. I don't need you fucking that up."

The tension between us grew. It was charged. And with what... it was scary. Exciting. Conflicting. Confusing. 

A bad decision.

Regardless of what direction it took us in. Clashing with Cassius in any form would end in him burning me to nothing.

Not that it would be a difficult task to achieve. I was already only one nerdy, sexy, wizard dropping me away from being nothing.

He moved his hands to the desk on either side of him and pushed himself up. I was forced to step back as he straightened and rounded his desk back to his seat. He sat down before pulling open a drawer and pulling out a black velvet pouch. He tossed it onto the desk towards me.

"Here."

I eyed the lumpy pouch for a moment before hesitantly reaching for it.

"As Lady of the Manor, it's expected that you have certain luxuries."

I opened the drawstrings and poured the contents of the bag into my palm. My eyes widened when they met with something familiar.

It was the beautiful ruby necklace I had seen in the market.

I ran my fingers over the cool dark metal chain.

I knew it was only temporary, but being given something as a gift, something that I had actually desired- even if it was unbeknownst to the gifter- it felt phenomenal. It wasn't a 'real' gift, but it was the closest I had gotten to one in years. I had to rein myself in, remind myself that it didn't actually mean anything special for me.

"Thank you," I managed to breathe out in awe as I admired the necklace.

He grunted dismissively as he gathered the signed papers.

* * *

I was so close. So close. Just a few more steps and I would have made it.

I was that close.

"You shouldn't do this."

He pushed me furthering the wall. "Is that a threat?"

He kicked my legs apart using his foot. Stepping up, flush against my back, he buried his head in the crook of my neck and inhaled deeply.

I stood frozen. Pushed up against a wall with a hand up my shirt painfully pinching a nipple as the giant of a man ground his hardening member into my back.

I shook my head, balling my fists near my face, and tucked my arms into my chest, making myself as small as I could.

I probably still subconsciously believed the lie that people wouldn't want to hurt small, cute-looking things.

Or maybe I wasn't as cute as I thought I was.

He laughed. His lips pressed against my ear. He was everywhere. His body surrounded me. "Then, princess, what makes you think I want to hear what you have to say?"

His hand abandoned my nipple and gathered my hair to hold it out of the way so he could harshly bite and suck at my neck.

I shivered, to my horror, in desire when the sharp bite of the air cooled the wet bites he abandoned.

"Not a threat. Just a warning."

I just had an instinctual feeling deep down that Zev was the greater threat of the two.

Jaxon's body tensed against mine. His hold on my hair tightened.

"Warning?" He asked, his lips brushing against my cheek.

I nodded, my neck burned from the stretched angle his hold on my hair forced me to hold it in.

"Zev told me to tell if you do anything else."

I didn't have much to lose. Plus, if they wanted me to play a certain part for the next few days, they had to make sure I looked the part. Fresh bruises probably wouldn't go over so well.

My heart raced as stupid ideas flooded my mind. With other women around- women that they feel threatened by, I could take back the power in a situation. I could have Jaxon pinned beneath me- at my mercy- while he's unable to fight back. I could stand a chance in the games he played, in the games they all played.

His teeth dig into the skin at my neck harder. I winced and thought he would break my skin and draw blood, but he let go and took a step back.

Cautiously, I turned around. With my back glued to the wall, I was able to see Jaxon's rugged face sprinkled with stubble. His gold eyes were near black.

He placed a hand on with side of my head and leaned his face down into mine. His lips were a breath away from mine.

"I see you don't quite understand who your loyalties lie with yet, slave," his lips brushed against mine as he spoke. "But no worries, you'll learn soon." He lingered a moment before stepping back. Shoving his hands in his pockets, he looked me up and down.

"You just made a decision," he stated.

What decision?

Was a question asked?

"My dragon seems to have taken a special interest in you. Now, you'll be its entertainment for the month." He walked over to the closed door that led into my temporary bedroom and looked at it with a slight bit of disgust visible on his face.

"There aren't many ways to entertain my dragon, but the main one included fucking. Since you don't seem too keen about being pinned to different surfaces and having your body used, I'm guessing that course of action is off the table."

He shook his head with mock pity.

I swallowed nervously. "What are you trying to get at?"

He stepped towards me and smiled deceivingly.

"Oh, don't worry I'm not threatening you or anything, princess," he said mockingly as he ran a finger down my cheek. "I'm just warning you. Be careful, my dragon likes to play and you just took away his favourite game."

* * *

I shut the door tightly behind me and flicked the look on the handle. It was small and the least reassuring defense I had ever seen, but at least it was something. It's not like a high-class lock would do much to keep out the men that owned this manor. It would probably give them fingerprint access.

I ran my fingertips tentatively over the large, soft, white bedspread. I knew my hands were clean, but I was still afraid of ruining the sharp, crisp sheets. The entire room was decorated in whites, creams, beiges, and gold detailing. It felt like each moment I stood in the room, the value of it decreased.

The room was large. My regular room was like a closet in comparison- no. Scratch that. The closet in this room was at least three times as large as my regular room.

I marveled at the mostly bare white shelves in the well-lit space. The few shelves that were occupied were filled with clothes that I recognized from the shopping trip that ended in disaster a few days ago.

The closet led into a large ensuite bathroom. Straight through the doors, it opened to a large, ivory claw foot tub showcased in front of a window that looked out over the forest that surrounded the land. The sky was black and sparkled with white, but the trees could be seen illuminated from the light of the moon.

The tub drew me towards it. My hand caressed the smooth, white porcelain like it was a magic lamp.

The thought of bathing in a private room without worrying about anyone barging in had me practically drooling.

Ignoring the spacious glass-walled shower because I didn't want to even think about standing under hot water when I could sit in it, I turned the facets on. After adjusting the water to the correct temperature, I headed over to the double vanity that ran along the wall- correction, triple vanity. I rummaged through the drawer under before emerging with a coconut-scented bath liquid. Pouring it into the filling tub, I ran my fingers through the water as the liquid turned it slightly milky. I mixed it into the water as the rich scent of coconuts, honey, and milk filled the room.

Once the tub filled, I discarded my clothes haphazardly on the floor and sunk into the water. It was a slow process. I had made the water just a little too far over the too hot line.

Once I was seated and could feel my muscles begin to loosen, I let out a breath of relief.

This was the first moment in years that I had felt so much comfort and privacy. I couldn't help but bask in it. I didn't want it to end.

I leaned my head back against the hard surface of the tub. Closing my eyes, I continued to let my arms sway in the movement of the water.

It gently lapped against my skin...

It was so calming...

So gentle...

My eyes grew heavy. I could feel my body slowly slipping.

But the water was so gentle, so calming. I couldn't escape the lure it had on my tired body.

I could feel my chin starting to slip into the water as I gave in to sleep. It was warm.

Their Wife Book One is complete on Patreon! Read all the chapters (37) on Patreon right now as well as patreon only chapters, and the parts of book 2 that have been completed already!

https://www.patreon.com/xoDirtyLove

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62 0 7
If any deity out there ever isekai me please make me into my characters in the stories with all the powers/abilities/looks but Must finish the story...
1K 328 12
Monsters Are Created By Other Monsters. Sou & Isabelle, A set of eccentric and unhinged twins with erratic elemental powers has to set aside their di...
77.7K 4.1K 38
Nicky and Choi have been together for a good while not even caring about who or where their mate is. They've been doing just fine by themselves and e...
349K 4K 37
The Three Factions of Fallen Angels, Angels and Devils, were at war for over a millennia, neither side giving way, each side fighting to preserve the...