Shadowkage

By Kagemaster-Chan

In the world where he's a jinchuuriki, life doesn't get any worse. Being neglected and hated by everyone does... More

Intro. Please Read
Meeting the Unexpected
Learning
New friend?
Hideout
Training
New Clones
More friends?
Trust and Bond
Best Birthday
Test
Kurama's Chakra
First Mission
The Deal
Training Filler
The Worst Day
Recovery
Surprises pt 1
Surprises pt 2
Introducing Everyone
Practice Test
Anbu Exam pt 1
Anbu Exam pt 2
First Day Anbu
NOT A CHAPTER/Overview
First Anbu Mission
The Massacre
Uchiha?
The Best Team
Long Term Mission
First Day
Commander
Genin Test
C-Rank Mission
Gato
Chunin Exams pt 1
Chunin Exams pt2
Chunin Exams pt3
Genin Training
Finals
The Attack
The Battle
The Truth
1k?!?
Pervy Sage
B-Rank Mission
Taken
Transition
Split Up
CelebrationšŸ„³/Not a Chapter
Land of Snow
The Akastuki
It Has Begun
Rescue
New Hokage?
Experiment
Pain
Gone
Moving On
Eyes of Illusion
A-Rank Mission

Infiltration

1.1K 18 5
By Kagemaster-Chan

(Six Months Later) 3rd pov
It took a bit of adjusting but Tsunade was getting used to her new role as Hokage. When Naruto first got back here with her, everyone was shocked by her sudden appearance and her even more sudden job. Fortunately the council kept their word and nobody else disagreed so it was made official without a problem.

One of the first things she helped do during her position was help out in the medical field with any majorly severe cases that other doctors couldn't solve. She even helped completely heal Natsumi and after a few weeks she was able to return back to Kiri. Soon, Tsunade even took in Sakura and a few other kunoichi's to learn medical ninjutsu, as it showed to be very resourceful on missions.

In the mean time, the Third Hokage still wanted to help with whatever he could and decided to help with her paper load, even though he really regretted it later. Everything from there on in everything else was smooth sailing as things were finally starting to calm down. Unfortunately as we all know by now, these things usually never lasted long.

And this time was no exception.

Today was like any other normal day for everyone. Kids went school, adults went to work, and ninja's patrolled or did whatever they needed to do. Today, Sakura and a few other kunoichi's were getting taught their medical lessons so their was no need for her other teammates to use their disguises for today. This time, the rest of them were back at the base where Naruto was actually found in his office for once, instead of his usual clone.

He was doing his commander duties and caught up on any paperwork while Sai and Kakashi were chatting up or playing cards in the lounging area. Naruto was enjoying himself at the moment because as much as he loved his friends and family, everybody needed their alone time at some point, and this was that moment. He quietly hummed to himself while reading thing over until he felt something.

It was a feeling knew too well and only appeared when trouble was about to happen. He decided to take a break and go out to see if anything looked to be wrong, but he saw nothing. He simply couldn't ignore his gut feeling, but without knowing what was going to happen, what else could he do but wait. Just as Naruto was about to head back inside, he felt the chakra signature of a person from right above the village.

He looked to see a man in a black cloak and automatically prepared himself from the giant amount of chakra the person was building up.
"Almighty Push." The blast traveled straight down to the village but the barrier kept around it stopped the jutsu from making destroying anything. The jutsu continued all the way down the barrier to the outer reaches where a big explosion caused all of Konoha to shake.

People and ninja's rushed outside to see the commotion but were shocked to see no damage has been dealt anywhere. Anbu's rushed to their commander's side and looked to see what he was staring at. The Akastuki man landed on top of the barrier placed both hands down on it.

"Do you think he'll be able to break it?"

"This barrier is one I made to keep people without permission out but those with it can come and go as they please. It can repel small jutsus but this barrier isn't made for giant attacks like those." Kakashi explained to the others.

The man applied a lot of what seemed to be repulsion force to the barrier, making many cracks among it. "Perfect cube." The commander placed a much smaller but more powerful barrier around the village, and now nobody would be able to go in or out. He ordered his men to clear away the citizens to a more safer location while him and his teammate leaped up to the cloaked person.

"My if it isn't the Demonic Duo. What an honor to meet the both of you."

"Who are you?" Kakashi questioned.

"I am the leader of the Akastuki." This took both men by surprise. To think the leader of such a high level rogue organization would come to such a place and with no back up as well. Something really didn't add up but now wasn't the time to be thinking of that. If he was the leader then taking him down was priority number one.

The man now began to split into six separate beings, and they all had the same rinnegan eyes. "Actually, the people in front of you, including the main one talking are just puppets. The real me is nowhere near here but they should be enough to handle you two. By the looks of it, you two are the only people we're looking for, so it's best if you just give yourselves up."

"Why don't we take this somewhere else then?" Naruto would rather risk himself than get everyone else involved, and Kakashi agreed on this notion as well.

"That won't be happening. Fighting you two will be much easier with chaos running amuck and disaster around every corner. Planetary Devastation." His jutsu had tons of rocks and parts of the village attract to his two opponents, who weren't able to dodge or get away from them.

The build up continued until they were both as large to cover the entire village. Luckily, Naruto grabbed ahold of his sword and was able to phase right out of the jutsu. 'Alright I'm out Kakashi.' The silver haired ninja instantly used his seal to teleport to Naruto's side and they both stayed a good distance away. "Impressive. Even if you managed to escape, try being able to stop them.

Both started to fall like giant meteors and since they were so big and close to the village, they had limited options before they made impact. Kakashi activated his mangekyo sharingan and had enough mastery over it to use Kamui on one of them. Naruto placed a seal on the second one and had it teleported to a lake not too far away. In the midst of that, they each made two other clones to deal with all six of them.

Naruto allowed all of them to pass through the barrier to the outer reaches and started their battle. Each of them split up and divided outwards further away from the village. This seemed really strange to both ninja's, especially since he mentioned that staying there would be easier for them to take the two down. If that's so, then why were they being led away?

Near the South Side of Konoha
At the other side of the village where people and action were at an all time low, a mysterious group of people gathered at the end of the barrier. "May I know why I'm needed when you're here?"

"Because I have a different place to go to. You guys know what to do and what you need to get. The reason we brought Pain is that so we don't need to fight, it'll be disadvantageous." The man used his dojutsu on everyone until he phased through the barrier, then released them all.

Without another word they split off on their own mission in opposite directions. The younger Uchiha, his team and supervisor headed towards the anbu building while the older Uchiha headed towards the forest for some reason.

The team was able to dodge or take down any passerby's and ninja's that got into their way and managed to get into the building with little hassle. They continued to roam the halls until they stumbled on the particular room they were told to infiltrate "Do you think they put any traps inside?" Suigestu wondered.

Karen made a single hand sign and closed her eyes for a moment. "There's chakra everywhere inside the room. They're all coming from different points in the walls so I'm guessing lasers. Our first problem is opening the door first." The knob looked ordinary, but any room or doors within the anbu based could be laced with poison, traps, or sensors so touching it wouldn't be the best idea.

Luckily for them, there was a tiny crack at the bottom so Suigetsu was able to liquify himself to get through with ease. The teen made sure to keep as close to the door as possible without setting off any invisible trap. He carefully reached for the door, and since there was no reaction to touch, he was fine. It was strangely unlocked from the inside but once the door opened an alarm went off.

Footsteps entering the building could be heard not too far away. "Sasuke, you go get the scroll, we'll keep the busy." Soon many anbu showed up to the scene, but Sasuke kept a calm focus on his job. So Karen said chakra was was over this room. The item has to be in here somewhere so I have to make this fast. He activated his sharingan and was able to see the invisible lights of the lasers. The lights were aimed all over, though it wasn't connected back to any weapons or objects.

Time was moving and the angles and number of lasers was too much to dodge. Sasuke tried his best to make it through, but setting one off was inevitable. As soon as his foot went through one, dozens of bullets shot at it. He was able to evade them but his shift in balance was thrown off, causing him to set off more.

"Jugó!" The man looked towards the Uchiha to see him struggling and rushed to his aid. He ran through the other lasers without noticing but with his transformation, he was able to shield himself and Sasuke. The Uchiha went through the cabinets until some of the bullets made it quickly through his shield.

"These aren't ordinary bullets, we need to hurry." Jūgo urged before blood began dripping from his mouth. He didn't think these would affect him as much as they are. The main reason for this is because of two of The Sins. Bat and Beetle were allowed to spring gun traps throughout the secret rooms in the base. Through small holes in the walls they set different guns within them so they aren't seen and when intruders come in they fire once activated on its own. Since these bullets are made from the materials of their personal weapons combined with chakra, they're more powerful than normal jutsu bullets.

Sasuke finally managed to open the right cabinet which only held scrolls. Tobi gave the Uchiha the description and after a few seconds he managed to find it. He rushed out with Jūgo and it seemed to be great timing since Kabuto and Suigetsu finished off the anbu. "This is what he wanted us to get?" Karen questioned. Only Sasuke and the snake man knew about what the man wanted, but the Uchiha didn't know how much this would affect him.

Speaking of which, where did he go anyways? Kabuto wondered why the man split up from them, but he had a feeling he'd find out sooner than later.

In the Forest of Death
The older Uchiha mindlessly wandered through the dense forest alone, where the item of his search lied deep within. He kept his mangekyo sharingan on the entire time just in case while he held up the tiny snake he had Sasuke summon. The boy didn't know why the man requested one but didn't care enough to ask, though he probably wouldn't have gotten a good answer anyways.

The snake kept his head pointed straight and followed a strong scent that nobody else could trace. It was odorless to even the best of tracker nins and hounds and didn't have a color to be seen either. It started getting stronger up into an unaddressed house, but the man had a guess of who lived there. He phased through the door to the inside and continued forward all the way down to the basement.  

He moved in the snake's direction all the way to a door with a high grade seal over it. My my, you guys sure put some effort into this. He continued to phase through the door and into the room where different filing cabinets were stored containing many high level secrets, but he was only interested in one thing.

Tobi held up the snake to the different drawers until it slithered towards the one in the middle to the very top. The scent stopped there. "Luckily this seal isn't as hard to break as the one on the door." He made multiple hand signs and placed his palm to the cabinet. The seal was removed and he opened the drawer to find a particular scroll in there.

These guys are too careful, yet without my ability I don't think anyone would be able to even get into this place. Oh well, this is all I came here for. I wonder how the others are holding up. He went into his own dimension and out of the house to the outside on a building where he spotted the people he came with.

Seems he got the scroll, now we can all leave. Pain is a fighter and it'd be bad to leave him, but Sasuke staying here any longer isn't the best idea.

"Yo Tobi, we got the scroll you wanted. Are we ready to go?"

"Wait, what about Pain? Isn't he still battling whoever stopped him?" Karen intervened. The masked man was trying to avoid talking about him but now it was impossible. "You guys go, I'll see if he needs help." It was written all over Sasuke's face that he wanted to fight, but he knew better than to talk back at the moment.

"None of you are going anywhere." A voice with many others came from behind them. This was something Tobi was trying to get out of, even if he was able to deal with them. While The Sins were away, the Hokage's would play, and they had their work cut out from them.

I can't believe it, Sasuke actually joined them. Hopefully the others stay where they are and don't encounter him. I can tell he's changed for the absolute worse. Hiruzen looked straight at the boy, then noticed what he had in his hands. He froze with shock. Now he needed to stop Sasuke even more than ever.

Tsunade stood before the man who operated it all, and she was irritated that he showed so much calmness. "Now, are we going to stop you peacefully, or will we need to resort in force?" She cracked all of her knuckles to back up her claim but the man only stood up and jumped towards his group members.

"Kabuto, do you mind if I leave you here with them while I send the rest back?"

"What? We can't stay and take part in it as well?" Sasuke protested.

"No, especially not you since this used to be your village. You may have left, but I know your anger isn't completely directed towards this place so I don't know if you have the hatred to kill them. Even if you did, you've overused your sharingan enough and can barely manage to see your opponent." He may have been silent but he wasn't trying enough for his enemy to not hear them. The Third knew he had to get to the boy, but the others were going to prove a challenge.

All I want is to take down The Sins and Naruto. I might he not be able to handle the first two I'll admit that, but that idiot blonde can't beat my prowess, no matter how much he's trained. The young Uchiha dashed away anyways.

"You guys go help him out. I'm afraid he may be in over his head." Tobi threw away his previous plan and now had to wing it. The five went after the Uchiha who was in their sights, but they had company not too far behind.

"You guys stay and fight off the guards. I'm the most capable in helping out Sasuke anyways." The three teens stayed behind to fight the anbu's, but the Third wasn't going to stop their.
Kabuto saw him coming closer to them, but he knew Sasuke wasn't able to handle him alone. He stopped following Sasuke and stood in the man's way.

"Not so fast. If you want to get to Sasuke, you're gonna have to get through me." The Hokage readied himself, but the look of his opponent made him uneasy. The fact he resembled close to Orochimaru got him thinking about the man's experiments. If he was his student then he must've tampered with them to get stronger no doubt. Hiruzen just hoped that Naruto had a clone or someone on standby to face Sasuke, or the Uchiha would start connecting the dots quickly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 467 74
After a major mission went horribly wrong, the Leaf shinobi were ordered to retreat and abandon those left behind, even if it meant leaving teammates...
116K 2.4K 61
Disclaimer: I DONT OWN NARUTO I also don't own the art, it belongs to its respectful owners. Enjoy the story, feel free to comment and vote.
355K 8.5K 32
Fake emotions Fake smiles And a mask All of them hide the pain and suffering I went through and the loneliness I feel. My name is Naruto Uzumaki, a...
460K 8.1K 13
UNEDITED: sucky writing and such, and a lot of confusing parts. Naruto Namikaze-Uzumaki have been abused and beaten by the villagers and his family...