Dream SMP (Hogwarts AU)

By LuminaStarCrest

A series of connected (but not chronological), stand-alone fics revolving around members of the Dream SMP, al... More

Info List
Tommy, Your Hufflepuff's Showing (Part 1)
Niki Got a Letter
The Tale Of The Pink Hair
No...No.. Sapnap Don't Do It!!
Tommy, Your Hufflepuff's Showing p.2
Letters To Phil
Ranboo's Debut
Chaser Down!
Big Brothers
Niki Wants In
Wake Me Up After Astronomy, Would You?
The Best Friendships Form During Train Rides p.1
We Lost Him Already?!
Jellybur
A Little Fun at Hogsmead
You Reek of Vinegar
Have You Met Clementine?
Remind Me to Tell You to Never Be a Healer
Henry Goes Missing
Baking 101
Potion Delivery Mishap
Wilbur's Valentine
Tommy's Magical Achievements
Tommy Your Hufflepuff is Showing p.3
Of Braids and Flowers
A Hippogriff In The Castle
JealousInnit
The Little First Year
Pfff, I'm Not Scared Of Techno
And Then I Got Kids! (Part 1)
And Then I Got Kids! (Part 2)
The Better Brother
Bad Idea
So You Want To Be A Prefect?
Flying With Style
Tubbo No. Tubbo Yes!
Pig?
April Fools!
Studying for O.W.Ls-Well, Trying To
The Best Friendships Form During Train Rides part 2
I Get To Be Captain!
Supervising
I Hear "Language" Through the Walls
Karl Does History Homework
The Broomstick Servicing Kit Incident
Tommy, Your Hufflepuff Is Showing (Part 4)
The Best Friendships Form During Train Rides p.3
Invisible Child
Running Errands With A Child
The Case Of The Missing Parchment
Bring Your Kids To Work Day
Fundy's Prophecy
Code-name "Slime"
Dream's Christmas Party
Keith The Dragon
The Craft Children and Magical Creatures
Sam's First Mission
Who's Older?
Hey Hi!
Of Swings and Snow

Tommy Your Hufflepuff Is Showing p5

1K 81 28
By LuminaStarCrest

Summary:

Tommy is Sorted.

***

Tommy hopped into the boat with Tubbo and two other students. "You know, there's a giant squid here," Tubbo said, curious eyes scanning the waters.

Tommy hummed, "Yeah, my brother Wilbur wrote a song about it once. Weird one I tell you," he said.

Tubbo let out a satisfied sigh as they approached the castle, "What house do you think you'll be sorted into?" Tubbo asked.

"I don't know," Tommy said. "Phil said I might be a Gryffindor. Techno and Wilbur agreed, so yeah, maybe that. What about you?"

"I wanna be in Ravenclaw," Tubbo said. "My family said I'll probably land myself in Hufflepuff though," he added.

Once the boat reached the docks by the castle they were lead to a large double door, a professor standing in front, waiting for all the first years to gather around.

"Welcome students," the professor started. "Behind me is..."

Tommy basically zoned the professor out an opted to look around. He knew the whole spiel anyway. Wilbur and Techno, mostly Wilbur, was so excited about it that they memorized the whole thing and told him.

Next thing he knew, the group was being lead inside what he believed was the Great Hall. The place was quite rowdy, excited for the new students to be sorted. Siblings of the other first years subtly cheering them on.

Looking around, Tommy found his own siblings, Technoblade and Wilbur, on his right side, sitting at their respective tables.

Techno, who was in the Raveclaw table, nodded at him as he passed by. Meanwhile Wilbur was grinning at him from the Slytherin table, clearly planning something.

Tommy looked at him with wide eyes and shook his head, but was promptly ignored.

"Go Tommy! That's my little brother, the blond kid with blue eyes near the front of the line!" Wilbur exclaimed, much louder than the other siblings cheering.

"Is he talking about you?" Tubbo, who stood in front of Tommy, asked.

"Nope," Tommy grabbed Tubbo by the shoulders and faced the older kid forward, "Don't have a clue on who that is."

When they reached the front, the professor held out a list in one hand and an old tattered hat with the other then started calling out names.

A few, maybe five kids went forward before his own name was called.

"Thomas Theseus Craft," the professor called.

Tommy gulped before going up to rhe stool and sitting down. He looled around the room nervously as the hat was placed on his head.

Let's see here.

Holy shit it talked. Tommy thought as he heard the Sorting Hat's voice in his head.

Quite rude, don't you think?

Oh, sorry 'bout that, big man. Just... Never seen a hat talk you know.

Ahh yes, a Muggleborn, so I've heard.

Yeah. Tommy thought bitterly.

Oh? What's this? Not quite fond of the term are we.

Can we get this over with? Tommy asked. People are staring.

Ahh, yes I would sort you immediately but I'm having some trouble.

Why?

You're a tricky one. Quite reckless, hard headed-ly determined and ridiculously brave, would make a good Gryffindor.

Tommy nodded at the hat's words.

Then again, though agressive, you have a kind heart, very loyal to friends and family, and works very hard to achieve things that might seem impossible. A great Hufflepuff candidate.

No! I ain't a pussy! Put me in with the big men beacuse I am Tommy the great!

Agressive and have quite a umm vocabulary.

See?! I can't be in Hufflepuff! I'm a—I'm a bad kid!

The hat let out a laugh.

I've made a decision.

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

MOTHERFUCKER!

Good luck, Tommy.

The hat was removed from his head, and the blond made his way to the Hufflepuff table where students were clapping. He smiled, trying not to let his disappointment, ruin his new housemate's spirits.

Tommy took a seat around the middle. People near him introduced themselves quickly before going back to pay attention to the sorting.

Tommy waited until Tubbo's name was called, which was a long time considering that Tubbo's surname was Underscore. Weird name, innit?

Tommy smiled and clapped loudly, happy that Tubbo got into the house that he wanted, Ravenclaw.

Soon enogh the sorting ended and everyone dug into their dinner. Loud chattering and welcomes echoed through the hall.

After dinner, a few students went to roam around the castle, with the condition that they be back to the Great Hall before curfew so tat the prefects can lead them to their common rooms.

Tubbo asked Tommy if he wanted to go, but Tommy was a little too dejected to go along with him. Tubbo was about to protests, but stopped when a hand was placed on his shoulders.

Turning around, Tubbo found two third years, one with brown hair, the other with pink. "We'll talk to him," the brunet told him.

Not willing to argue, Tubbo nodded and went on his way.

"You know," Wilbur started as he sat next to Tommy, "sitting around here isn't gonna make you friends."

"I hate it. It's a stupid hat," Tommy crossed his arms across his chest, a pout present on his face, "How will it know where to put students."

"It's magic, Toms," Wilbur chuckled.

"It just does," Techno said, "take Neville Longbottom, for example."

"Oh yeah!" Wilbur said, "a kid that his classmates said would have been a perfect Hufflepuff. Timid, kind, thouhtful, heck even he himself asked the Sorting Hat to put him there."

"Alas, he was placed in Gryffindor," Techno continued. "In an interview he stated that he never really knew why he was placed in Gryffindor."

"That was until uhh Battle of Hogwarts was it?" Wilbur said. "Neville managed to kill Nagini—"

"That's the snake right?" Tommy interrupted. "Vol—Voldemort's snake?"

Wilbur chuckled nervously, despite it being years since the 2nd Wizarding War, people—himself included—were still iffy on saying the name of "He Who Must Not Be Named." The destruction the Dark Wizard accomplishes in the past was still a terrifying thought.

"Yeah, yeah his snake," Wilbur said.

"That snake was a Horcrux, a—" Techno hummed, trying to think of a way to explain it to an eleven year old. "It's basically something that allows the wizard to be revived."

"If Nagini wasn't killed, Harry Potter would probably have lost," Wilbur said.

"In a life or death situation like that, not everyone's gonna be brave enough to kill a Dark Wizard's pet," Techno said.

Tommy nodded in understanding, "So the stupid hat wasn't wrong in the end, was it?"

Techno shrugged, "That's for you to decide."

"No matter what though, your house doesn't define you. It's just something that creates somewhat inaccurate expectations," Wilbur said. "I for one think its a pretty outdated traditon."

"Wouldn't be called tradition if it wasn't outdated, would it," Techno said.

"Boooo, you two are starting to sound boring," Tommy said, standing up, seemingly gotten his energy back.

"Who cares where a stupid hat puts me in," Tommy started. "I'm Big Man Tommy and I am the greatest because I am me!" He declared before getting out of the bench, his brothers watching him with amusement.

"Tubbo! Where are you, bitch?!"

+++++

Heyy!! This is the last part of "Tommy your Hufflepuff Is Showing" I hope you guys enjoyed!

Thank you for the support you are giving this fic and for being patient with me and now that school's over, I hope that I would be able to update more! Though I can't use my laptop as much and I'll be typing on my phone so please excuse the typos, lol.

Thank you for reading! Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

-LuminaStarCrest

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.2K 1.6K 20
PLEASE READ THE DESC COMPLETELY this is shipping ranbooxtubbo in a highschool au, i dont ship the actual people/content creators, i jus...
90.7K 4.9K 47
Four brothers, scattered across the map. A kingdom, awaiting its rulers. A prophecy, bringing all the pieces together. This is the story of how he fo...
2.9K 127 28
Dream and George enjoy a comfortable life as a couple in L'manburg; however, when the king orders them to his castle, their life gets thrown into cha...
160K 3.3K 47
[Discontinued Until Further Notice] Hello guys, gals, non-binary, and genderfluid pals! Welcome to another One-Shot book! I do have some rules for yo...