The Leader Of Queens: Rewrite

By PichuIzzy

"I never forgot you." "Neither did I." Friend. Many people spend their entire lives searching for that. A... More

WELCOME
SUMMARY
Prologue
Chapter 1: Meet The Queens Newsies, A.K.A, A Bunch Of Idiots
Chapter 2: Meet Racetrack Higgins, A Huge Pain In The Butt
Chapter 3: Really? You Couldn't Refrain From Taking That Bread?
Chapter 4: I Know Who You Are.... Gosh That Sounds Creepy
Chapter 5: Angry Kids With No Money Dealing With A Grumpy Goliath
Chapter 6: Bunch Of Chickens Trying To Take Down Goliath
Chapter 7: I Play Hop Potato With Boroughs
Chapter 9: Hop Potato Rematch
Chapter 10: The Shadows In Us All (the almighty chapter of trigger warnings)
Chapter 11: WELCOME TO HEL- I mean Queens
Chapter 12: Who Needs Therapy When You Have Fox And Temper!?
Chapter 13: Every Rose Has Its Thorns
Chapter 14: Dramatic Love Scenes Make Me Cry
Chapter 15: I'm Not Dead! Yay!
Chapter 16: Lullaby, Say Good Night, And I'll Tell You My Death Journey
Chapter 17: Over The Rivah And Through The Woods To Anastasia's Turf We Go!
Chapter 18: Mental Breakdowns Fix Friendships
Chapter 19: Student Council Meetings, Hosted By Brooklyn!
Chapter 20: Where's Jack? There's Jack!
face reveal-ish?
Chapter 21: You Sure That's Us On The Front Page? 100%?
Chapter 22: Student Council Meetings, Hosted By Brooklyn! Part Two!
Chapter 23: Take Me Out To The Races
9/11
Chapter 24: Hear the screams? That's the sound of my last brain cell leaving
Chapter 25: We break the law! Yay!
announcment (will be taken down later)
Chapter 26: A little bit of Javid (cause why not?)
Chapter 27: Ah, Depressing Backstory Time-
Chapter 28: depressing backstory part two!
Chapter 29: save us all because we certainly can't save ourselves!!!!
Chapter 30: Stop Being So Pessimistic- WE WON!
the end
post credit 1
post credit 2
sequel teaser

Chapter 8: One Of The Most Unnecessary Dramatic Reunions Ever

182 5 13
By PichuIzzy

"Heya Stupid." His signature smirk settled onto his face.

"Hey Jerk." She rushed forward, wrapping her arms around his neck. The door slammed shut behind her.

"You have a boyfriend and you didn't tell us?!" Hyper threw his hands up, he listened through the door. "This is absolutely ridiculous."

"Absolutely ridiculous," Sparkles repeated in a mocking voice.

"I missed you," Anastasia mumbled into Race's neck.

"I- I did too," Race murmured back.

"How's Manhattan?" Anastasia smiled, pulling back from the embrace.

"Well..." Race trailed off.

"What did you do..." Anastasia crossed her arms.

"It's more like what someone else did." Race huffed. "Pulitzer raised the price of papes, as ya know. So, we's on strike!"

"Ya on what now?" Anastasia's eyes widened.

"You heard me the first time sweetheart." Race crossed his arms before turning bright pink after he recalled that one Valentine's Day.

"Sweetheart huh?" Anastasia grinned dismissing the bright red on her face, circling Race. "What? Ya Mister Playboy now?"

"Not really-"

"Get a load of this!" Anastasia chuckled, waving her arms around. "Extra! Extra! Sweet little boy goes from a sweetheart to a playboy in the timespan of four and a half years!"

"Shut up Stupid." Race was still a gleaming shade of pink.

"Oh yeah? Ya don't wanna call me a sweetheart again?" Anastasia cackled, going on the balls of her feet to get close to Race's face.

If it was possible, Race got redder.

"At least you don't look like a child anymore." Race shrugged. "Growing up sure did ya well."

It was Anastasia's turn to flush bright red.

"You don't look half bad yourself." Her voice stumbled. (uGh, sO cRiNgy)

"What? Can't take a compliment Redwood?" Race laughed, getting all up in her face.

"Well if I can't, you certainly cannot." She pushed him back by his shoulders.

"Alright alright! We're getting off track heah." Race waved his hands around.

"Right." Anastasia nodded. "Strike huh?" She circled Race. "Has Jackie Boy lost his godd*mn mind?"

"Pfft." Race snorted. "He lost his mind before you left."

"Fair point."

"C'mon Stais, why don't ya join us? Stop The Woild and all the jazz."

Anastasia chuckled softly. "You still pronounce 'world' wrong."

"And erster." Race shrugged. "Old habits die hard, Stupid."

"Not Sweetheart?" Anastasia blinked, elbowing the taller boy.

"It slips out one time," Race grumbled.

"Just don't expect me to call you something like that." Anastasia crossed her arms.

"Wouldn't count on it." Race winked.

Anastasia made a gagging motion.

"It suits you though," Race commented, looking off absentmindedly. "Always have been, except for when you're mad."

"I'll take that as a compliment." Anastasia looked at him hesitantly.

"Who's that guy?" Snapper went on the tips of his toes, leaning atop of Ace staring out the window.

"Will ya get ya hands of my head?" Ace grumbled.

"Not a chance." Sparkles grinned, joining Snappers on the tips of his toes.

"I hate my life." Ace grumbled, crossing his arms. "Why do I have to be the shortest!" [AHDAJWHWHEH ACE]

"Because you're the baby." Sparkles patted Ace's head.

"Am not. I'm more mature than you!"

"Sure." Snapper laughed.

"YEAH? THAT WHY YOU DON'T WANNA JOIN THE STIRKE? RIGHT REDWOOD?" Race screamed, anger suddenly pulsing through him. Everyone's attention snapped back to the two frenemies.

The Queens newsies who were eavesdropping doubled.

"YEAH THAT'S WHY I AIN'T GONNA JOIN THE STRIKE!" Anastasia yelled back, frustrated with how Race was acting.

"You're such a coward." Race shook his head.

"Oh yeah? Yeah? I'm not the one walking up and about New York asking for help!" Anastasia frustrating ran her hand through her hair (which was currently down seeing as everyone was getting ready). "Not even normal help! This is Cavalry help Race!"

"If some of the guys like Crutchie ends up hurt it'll be your fault." Race angrily poked her shoulder.

"No, if some of the guys like Crutchie gets hurt it's your fault." Anastasia poked back. "I'm not the one striking Racer."

"Yeah? Yeah?" Race got up in her face like he used to when they were younger. "I don't know why we were friends in the first place." He turned his back.

"I don't know why either!" Anastasia huffed. Race started to walk back to Manhattan. "You're- you're just gonna walk away huh? Yeah! Yeah, go ahead after four and a half years of never seeing each other and this is how you're gonna end it? Okay! Yeah! Go ahead Racer!"

Race stopped, clenched his fists and grit his teeth, "I hate you." He then mumbled something incoherent.

"What's that Racer?" Anastasia sneered, trying to keep a steady voice.

"I HATE YOU!" Race yelled, turning back to Anastasia. "I- I- I WISH I LET THE COPS TAKE YOU!" [me: shattered] [heart: broken] [race: angry] [anastasia: also angry] [hotel: trivago] (I spent two minutes trying to read this 🤣) (I read it as "me: shattered heart" then ":broken race:" "angry Anastasia" "also angry hotel" "trivago") [SMH I DID TOO] (LOL) (I sEe yOu fiXed iT)

Anastasia felt as if she got punched in the gut. Race realized what he just said and immediately tried to take it back.

"I mean- I meant-"

"WELL I WISH I HADN'T TRIED SO HARD TO BE YOUR FRIEND!" Anastasia yelled back, holding in tears.

"Me too." Race mumbled, before turning back to Manhattan.

Anastasia lowered her head in shame of all the things she just said.

"Oh who am I kidding," Race grumbled to himself. "I never forgot you." He turned his head back to the fifteen-year-old.

"Neither did I," Anastasia whispered, voice cracking at the end.

Race's gaze softened, but he still turned back to Manhattan.

He had his shot, and he didn't take it. What's the point in trying if you're gonna miss?

"Let's go guys," Anastasia whispered softly, opening the door to the Queens lodging house knowing everyone was eavesdropping. She didn't feel like tying her shoes, or tucking in her hair, or really doing anything.

"Guess he wasn't her boyfriend." Hyper blinked. [NO SHEEP SHERLOCK] (jeez) (sO aNgrEh) [iM nOt AlwAyS aNgRy!] [.....sometimes i'm sarcastic and sometimes i'm sleeping] (truer words have not been spoken)

"Not the time Hype." Rowan narrowed his eyes.

"You okay?" Books asked in his 'big brother' voice.

"When am I ever?" Anastasia chuckled darkly, plopping her hat on her head and adjusting it. "I'm okay I guess. Some things are just too good to be true." She sighed. 

"I hope you don't expect us to pull something like that." Hyper joked while slinging an arm around Slip, lightning the mood. Rowan rolled his eyes, walking next to Books.

"Nah, you guys never met the expectations of 'too good to be true'." Slip cracked a grin.

"I'm wounded Sli- AH!" Hyper slipped on a newspaper.

Books and Anastasia cracked a couple grins before bursting into laughter.

"That's payback for yesterday!" Slip laughed.

"Karma." Books shook his head.

Rowan just grinned a small grin which only made Books's brighter. [ROWAN IS MY FAVORITE OKAY EVERYONE ELSE CAN GO HOME] [except you davey because i love you] [and anastasia because she's a queen] (hehe) (the leader of queens is a queen-)

"I have the meanest friends ever," Hyper groaned. [me] (me too)

"You love us." Slip stuck out her tongue.

"Whatever helps you sleep Slip." Hyper rolled his eyes but still grinned, knowing his and Rowan's plan to cheer her up worked.

AND THAT'S A WRAP PEOPLES!

Oof- this chapter was short today.

aNywAys,

d r a m a

bUt I'lL sEe yOu gUys nExT wEek oN lEaDer oF qUeens

cAusE iM piChuIzZy! aNd yOu'rE wAtChiNg diSnEy cHanNel *insert wand waving*

a gOod bYe

WAIT WAIT WAIT-

BEFORE YOU GO!

Don't forget to....

VOTE!

SELL YOUR PAPES!

COMMENT!

FIGHT MONSTERS!

SAVE THE WOILD!

AND TRY NOT TO DIE!

This is Izzy,
Over and out

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.2K 296 12
𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐒 𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰. 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍,𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑�...
68.9K 1.9K 110
Racetrack Higgins was a normal Manhattan Newsie- more or less. He was Gay, but so were all of his brothers. He was Jack's Second in Command and had a...
13.4K 120 19
'𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚔𝚒𝚍, 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚜𝚎 𝚊 𝚗𝚎𝚠𝚜𝚒𝚎 𝚢𝚊 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚊 𝚗𝚎𝚠𝚜𝚒𝚎 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎.' '𝙲𝚞𝚘𝚛𝚒.' Elizabeth Romano is an Italian maid in the...
7.2K 179 20
Suddenly, a person runs into David. He's taken by surprise by the impact. The two stumble back a little. That's when David sees who he ran into, some...