Call Me Noona

By MinbebeWrites

A fluffy, sexy, fantasy starring Lee Minhyuk and OT7 Monsta X. Sunny Andrews is a 50-something divorcee from... More

Intro (Updated - Again)
Chapter 1 - Arrival (Edited)
Chapter 2 - Anticipation (Edited)
Chapter 3 - Fanmeeting (Edited)
Chapter 4 - Playtime with Monsta X (Edited)
Chapter 5 - Coffee, Tea, or Me? (Edited)
Chapter 6 - Halmeoni (Edited)
Chapter 7 - Settling In (Edited)
Content Warning
Chapter 8 - Pool Party (Mature)
Note to Readers
Chapter 9 - What Just Happened?
Chapter 10 - Next Time (Mature - NSFW)
Chapter 11 - Confession
Chapter 12 - Last Day (Mature - NSFW)
Chapter 13 - Where Do We Go From Here? (Mature)
Chapter 14 - Back to Reality
Chapter 15 - Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 16 - Reunion (Mature)
Chapter 17 - Her Previous Life (MATURE)
Chapter 18 - Exposed
Update - Real World
Chapter 19 - Surprise
Chapter 20 - Encounter
Chapter 21 - Comeback
Chapter 22 - Sasaeng (Mature)
Chapter 23 - Decisions, Decisions
Chapter 24 - My New Life (Mature)
Chapter 25 - Party Time (Mature)
Chapter 26 - Hiatus (Yep, this one is mature too)
Chapter 27 - Meet The Parents (Mature)
Chapter 28 - Whirlwind
Chapter 29 - My Love (Mature)
Chapter 30 - Adjustments
Chapter 31 - Mentally dating Lee Minhyuk (Mature)
Chapter 32 - Blended Family
Chapter 33 - I Do... Again (Mature)
Chapter 34 - Honeymoon Part 1 (Mature)
Chapter 35 - Honeymoon, Part 2 (Mature)
Chapter 36 - Charity Gala (Mature)
Chapter 37 - Kihyun's Big Plan
Chapter 38 - Melody
Chapter 39 - Be My Friend
Chapter 40 - One Night In Seoul (Mature)
Chapter 41 - Never Enough Time (Mature)
Chapter 42 - Miss You (Mature)
Chapter 43 - Send Off
Chapter 44 - Misbehave (Mature)
Chapter 45 - Girl Date
Chapter 46 - Southern Nights
Chapter 47 - Reunited (Mature)
Just a Note
Chapter 48 - Competition
Not Really A Chapter - Just Some Author's Thoughts
Chapter 49 - Party Time (Mature)
Chapter 50 - Adventures In Atlanta (Mature)
Chapter 51 - End of an Era (Mature)
Chapter 52 - Premier (Mature)
Chapter 53 - In Sickness And In Health (Mature)
Chapter 55 - Crash and Burn (Tissue Warning)
Not a Chapter, But Please Read Me Anyway
Chapter 56 - Cake (Mature)
Chapter 57 - Surprise! (Mature)
Chapter 58 - Interview
Chapter 59 - Confrontation (Mature!!)
Chapter 60 - Miracle
Chapter 61 - Moving Day
Chapter 62 - Soulmates (Mature)
Chapter 63 - The New Era Begins (Mature)
Chapter 64 - Reveal
Chapter 65 - 1st Anniversary (Mature)
UPDATE
Another Update (A good one!)
Chapter 66 - Remy
Chapter 67 - Libido (Mature) - Slight edit
Chapter 68 - Nikki's Arrival
Chapter 69 - So Close... (Mature)
Chapter 70 - Meet JangMi
Epilogue
Addendum - NEW STORY ALERT

Chapter 54 -

32 7 8
By MinbebeWrites

Author's note: You guys know that I try to be accurate as far as how things work, even though this story is pure fantasy. This chapter is completely NOT that way. I tried researching adoption in Korea for mixed-race couples but got a big fat nothing. So I wrote it the way I wanted. I hope you enjoy!

I could not be sure how the appointment went. I was so nervous, I thought I was going to be sick. I had to put on my big-girl panties and act normal though. I was used to that with work and public speaking, but this was different. Min said I pulled it off, but I was still unsure about the whole thing.

Our case manager, Choi JiWon, was professional and pleasant, but not very warm. Her office was a bit cold and austere, yet there were family photos on her desk and the bookcase. She addressed Minhyuk primarily, only speaking directly to me when she had a question for me. This could have been for any number of reasons, not the least of which is that I am American. I had encountered this quite a bit since I moved here. Now we just had to wait to see if we passed their stringent background checks and met their standards. This was the first step in the process, which would be a long one.

I was still having some issues with my stomach, especially after the appointment, but I was not letting it hold me back from work. I had a lot to catch up on. We had another event in the works here, and I was working with Jisung on our annual autumn exhibit and gala in Atlanta. It was going to happen in early November this year instead of October. I was happy about that because it meant we would be here for Honey's birthday and for Chuseok. I wasn't sure how we were going to fit Norway into our schedule, especially if the adoption moved quickly, even though that was not likely.

Emma told me before I left that she would not be sending me updates. She insisted that I enjoy my time away. I had made her promise to let me know if anything big happened, but I still wasn't quite sure what I would be walking into when I returned.

It was like I had never left. Everything was running smoothly and on target. I felt almost like I wasn't needed, but Emma insisted that she needed me because she hated dealing with the artists and managers. She preferred being behind the scenes and letting me be the "face" of the gallery. That arrangement worked well for both of us, so we went with it. I did feel a little guilty at times though, especially with all the time I had taken off.

Things were about to get busy. We had several year-end galas, private parties, and exhibits scheduled. I also had the big one in Atlanta in a little over a month. I really only had to be there for my clients who expected to see me. Jisung and his new assistant had things very well under control.

For the next couple of weeks, I poured myself into work. We had not heard back from the agency except for a quick update that they were still going through everything. The guys were getting their company set up. They were filing all their paperwork, looking for a location, and looking for places to live.

It was looking like Hyungwon was going to get a place by himself, Kihyun and Shownu were going to be roommates, and Changkyun, Wonho, and Joohoney were still undecided. Kyun was not excited to live with Joohoney because of his sleeping habits, so that limited the options.

Min had promised to slow down after they left SSE. That wasn't going to be complete until the end of the year, and it was only September. My birthday was coming up and he had been hinting at a surprise. We also were planning our trip to Norway. It was looking like we would go after Chuseok and Honey's birthday, then fly back through Atlanta in time for my exhibit. We would be in Atlanta for Min's birthday. Then we would be back just in time for the end of year awards shows.

A few days after we got home, the guys made the official announcement that they were leaving SSE and starting their own label and agency. The response was primarily positive. Most Monbebes were excited for them and had been waiting this to happen for a long time. There were also those that did not support it. There were grumblings of it being my fault, because of my hanging out with Melody. Some claimed I was tainted because of my friendship with her. I ignored them and went on about my life. I accepted that not everyone was going to love me, but I did not want it to affect Minhyuk or the guys.

Somewhere in the past couple of weeks, Min had uploaded a clip of Tori's routine on Instagram, with Nikki's permission, and it was going viral. Tori texted me that her mom was getting calls from all over wanting her to come on tv shows, wear their product when she skates, or apply for their sports program. There were lots of scams too, but Tori wasn't interested in any of them. She just wanted to skate.

Nikki told me later that there was one she hadn't told Tori about yet because it might change everything. She been contacted by one of the smaller entertainment companies in Korea. They wanted Tori to audition for them as a dancer. She said she had looked into it and it was a legitimate offer. She wanted to talk to Kyun and the guys about it before she told Tori. It would mean them coming here, or at least Tori. I told her I would set it up for her so she could get their thoughts on it.

There were several factors to consider. First, they would be uprooting themselves and starting over in a new country, something I know very well. Bobby would soon be a senior, so he might not be too excited about this. Tori would be all over it. Second, there is Kyun. She wasn't sure how Kyun would feel about it, because they would not be long-distance anymore.

"I don't want to throw myself in his face, and basically say, 'here I am!'" she told me on the phone. "I know he asked me to be his girlfriend, and after much persuasion I said yes, but that was also with an unspoken understanding that I was here and he was there. If I come there, everything changes. He may not want that. I am going to have to talk to him first before I ask the guys about this. I don't want to spring it on him."

"Nik, I don't think you have anything to worry about with Changkyun," I replied.

"Maybe not, but the point is that this will affect a lot of people if we do it. My instinct is telling me to dive in headfirst. But the rational part of me knows that I have to take everything into account, and I have to take my feelings out of it. I can't be selfish. I also can't assume this is what Tori wants."

"It is a huge decision. It was easier for me because I didn't have all the factors you do."

"Easier? Hun, don't you remember how much you debated because of us?" she laughed.

"Well okay, you are right. But you know what I mean." She agreed that she did, but she had to give me a hard time anyway.

"Yeah, I do... and you are right. There are three other lives to consider here. I am a proofreader. I can work from here, from there, from wherever. My job is not an issue. The kids schooling is an issue. I know it would be a huge culture-shock for them, and for me, but I feel like Bobby would not adjust too well. He would have to leave Alex and his other friends, he is really crazy about Amanda and I can't see him letting that go easily. He is doing really well in his classes and he is balancing his sports and his studies very well. I don't want to disrupt that. Tori is doing well too, but she is more focused on the skating and dancing than her studies. That is why I think it might be good for her."

"From what the guys have told me, being a trainee is very rigorous. You are always working on either your craft or your studies. There isn't much play time. It is very structured, almost like being in the military."

"Structure and routine are things that she thrives on."

"I think she would adapt well to life here too. She is very much into Korean culture and she adapts well to change."

"The other thing is where do I start? I mean, do I see if she is even interested first? If she isn't, the whole thing doesn't even matter. Or if she is and I decide we aren't going to pursue it, she will be heartbroken. Or do I gather intelligence from the guys first? They can tell me the upside and the downside to her becoming a trainee. If I do that, and Changkyun wants me to come and then we don't, he will be upset. Or maybe he doesn't want me to come. Maybe he likes having the distance." She sighed loudly. "Ah, Sunny, I just don't know what to do!" I could feel her frustration through the phone.

"I think you should take Kyunnie out of the equation. He is a big boy and will handle either choice. You need to concern yourself with the kids, primarily Tori. Bobby might be more open than you think." She paused for a long moment before continuing.

"Wait a minute... since when are you the rational one?" she laughed. It was true though. I am usually ruled by my heart and have a hard time separating emotion from the things I need to see. Nikki is the one who makes rational, adult decisions.

"I have my moments," I said dryly. "You know I am right though."

"Yeah, I do. I know what I need to do."

~~~

They spent the better part of the next 2 weeks looking for a space. It needed to be large enough for offices, practice rooms, classrooms, and all the things that go with having an entertainment company. They decided to keep the dorms offsite in the beginning. Without building something themselves, it would be hard to find that particular setup.

They finally found a space... down the street from the gallery. It was a fluke that they spotted it. None of the agents had mentioned it when they presented property listings. Turns out, it was because it had been sitting vacant for months and the owner finally decided to let it go instead of reopening his business.

It met all of their criteria, and the fact that it was close to my work was a bonus. They signed the papers and got the contractors out to remodel the space the way they wanted. By the time their contract was up, the building would be ready.

We celebrated that night with meat. Lots of meat. I still passed on the Soju because just smelling it made me want to expel the contents of my stomach. Min didn't drink either because he didn't want me to have to smell it on him. He was such a sweet and thoughtful man.

We had another celebration right after that... my birthday! All seven of them surprised me at work, with cake, balloons, and presents. Emma was grinning from ear to ear. I know she had a part in it, but she had kept the secret. An eighth handsome man appeared. Jun popped out of nowhere and he had a bow on his lapel. I was happy to see him, but I was completely confused.

Min took my hands and said with a grin, "happy birthday, princess... Jun is your present." The members started laughing and my mouth dropped. I was sure he didn't mean it the way it sounded. He realized what he had done and became embarrassed. He yelled, "no, no, no! That's not it!"

Honey and Kyun gave him the hardest time, teasing him relentlessly. I just wanted to know what he meant. "Jagi, please explain yourself... how is Jun my present?"

"Jun is your new driver!" I practically yelled to be heard over the others chiding him. I squealed and wrapped my arms around him. Min smiled proudly and spun me around, happy with his gift.

"Oh Minmin! That is incredible! Thank you so much!" I turned to Jun and bowed. "Junnie, please take care of me." He smiled and returned the bow. He looked pleased about the situation. Emma called out that it was time for cake, which grabbed everyone's attention... especially mine. Kihyun took lots of photos as I made my wish and blew out the candles. My wish was for a happy and healthy child to come into our lives.

The guys wandered around the gallery while we wrapped up a few things so we could close up early. We had a few people looking around at the art and they got a nice surprise that day. All of Monsta X was in my little gallery.

Min ordered food as we were on our way home. He had asked a few days prior if I wanted to go somewhere and celebrate, but I told him I would rather just stay at home and have our family and friends around.

I invited Emma and Jun to come over and they both accepted. Halmeoni and Harabeoji, and Jinho, were waiting when we arrived home. When Halmeoni saw me, her face lit up. She started to say something but just hugged me tight instead. All the people in Korea who meant something to me would be there. I wished Nikki and the kids could be there too, but I knew they would be in spirit. I smiled to myself when I thought about how different things were now than 2 years ago. Halmeoni caught my eye and gave me a quick grin and a wink. She was being very playful tonight.

The guys talked about their company while we ate. They were excited about the new building and each described how they would decorate their office or studio. They were trying to one-up each other, and they were getting silly. I was getting more and more excited for them as it got closer. Seeing the smiles on their faces was worth everything. It had been a long struggle and it was finally paying off. They asked me to take some photos for their launch and promos. I told them I was honored that they would consider me. Of course, I accepted.

Emma and Jun seemed to be hitting it off. I noticed them spending most of the afternoon talking. They would make an incredible couple, and I would approve of that pairing, should they decide to date. I grinned to myself and Min caught it. He asked me what it was and I pointed in their direction. He grinned that mischievous smile again. My knees would have bucked if I hadn't been sitting down already.

**I didn't get time to edit this one, so please let me know if anything is wonky! **

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 2.8K 40
Just some Imagines of Monsta X for all the Monbebes out there ○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○● Hai guys! It's my first time writing, so sorry if it sucks but I do h...
471 19 11
Minhyuk x Female Reader Mostly Readers POV ➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶ "Your story starts, where mine ends." He put on a a seemingly unsure smile, shining more...
17.7K 966 41
¦><¦ Minhyuk's been inlove with his best friend Hyungwon for a long long time. It's been so long he himself couldn't remember when he started loving...
64.8K 2.9K 19
Lee Minho, the heir from Lee's Group, one of the well-known companies in the country, making him one of the most well-known hot bachelors among the n...