Burning Betrayal

By frnchtoast

❝ I know you recognized me because, behind the mask that you wore that night, I immediately knew who you were... More

Burning Betrayal
β€ŒβΈ™ΝŽΫ«Ϋͺ β€Œ| Prologue
01 | Run, Chase
02 | Meet Clyde Harper
03 | Meet Cedric Harper
04 | Nervous Heartbeats
05 | January 5α΅—Κ°
06 | Giggle, Clare
07 | Meet Jake Florence
08 | Let's Play, Clare
09 | Whitened Eyes
10 | Clare's Journal
11 | Numb Corpse
13 | Corner Scribble
14 | Clare's Death Wish
15 | Unexpected News
16 | Her Name
17 | Privacy Invaded
18 | Dream of Me, Clare
19 | Wake Up, Clare
20 | Inform Her, Chase
21 | Welcome Back, Guest
22 | Remember Him, Chase
23 | Last Decision
24 | Lowlife Creature
25 | Cedric, I'm Inside
26 | Please, Spare Some Mercy
27 | The Young Boy
28 | The Truth Untold
29 | Riley, Why?
30 | Shoot me, Riley
31 | You're Not Helping
32 | Chase, Just Let Go
33 | Ranging Thoughts
34 | Collar Bone
35 | Addicting, right?
36 | You're Not Real
37 | A Gust Of Pitch Black
38 | Heaven And Hell
39 | Goodbye, Beloved
40 | The Bubble Who Vanished
41 | Meet Evelyn Florence
42 | Let's Go Home

12 | Happy 13α΅—Κ°

67 7 2
By frnchtoast

"WHY ARE YOU NOT HELPING?!" Riley cries out at Jake, "She's our younger sister, for fucks sake, and you're out here doing this?"

"Fuck off already," he drinks another shot of alcohol. The glass echoed a thin sound when it found contact with the table.

"Jake—"

"Just... Go away!" the boy yells.

He stood from his chair and she slowly backends. The boy got a hold of her shoulders and started staring at her, demise being muttered in his eyes. Riley was speechless with fear marked on her face — the same goes with Chase, who is watching the scene from the staircase.

Jake then spat onto her skin. Some of the liquid went into her mouth and eyes. He lets go of Riley as he sat back on his chair. She's fighting back tears at this point.

"At least tell her happy birthday," she mumbled but it was ignored when the shot glass came upon his lips.

Chase then decided to go to Clare's room. When he entered, he saw her as she was resting on the bed — healing and helpless. Although the shards of glass affected her eyesight, her thoughts can envision what was arising downstairs.

"Clare," Chase whispers, "I'm sorry..."

She laughed as a response, "I know," she grabbed her glasses from the nightstand beside her as she wore it momentarily, "That's the thirty-seventh time you've said it."

Silence then enveloped the overlaying space between them.

"I'm sorry we weren't able to go to the store," Clare continued.

"That's not that important now..." Chase was hesitant to even speak.

"My poor eyesight isn't important either."

"Clare..."

"Chase," she smiles, "I'd rather see blurb than see everyone around me get hurt."

He breathed voicelessly as a response.

"That includes you," the girl resumed, "even though you can't feel anything," a faint laugh from her was then heard, "No offense though."

He just glimmered, "None taken. Happy 13th birthday, Clare."

"Happy 13th deathday, Chase. If... You know," she titters, "that exists."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 144 73
"You have no idea how badly I want to make love to you," he responds with a shake of his head. "I love you so much," he continues and my heart melts...
262K 2.5K 8
This is an erotic romance. Recommended 18+! Completed. Excerpt: His mouth was back on mine in an instant, the door behind us rattling loudly as he th...
76K 5.7K 44
"I'm assuming that little speech was meant for me?" "It was meant for everyone." "But mostly me. Is it because I called her selfish earlier? Are you...
48.2K 2.6K 62
Book 2 of The Color Series [This book is the sequel to Chasing Blue. It cannot be read as a stand-alone. Since this part contains spoilers, it is adv...