Realms of Magic: Demon Invasi...

By daniellie802

Status: Complete, but under editing Everything seems fine in Irvine. The economy is great, public satisfactio... More

0. Prologue
1. Demonic Powers
2. A Day at Blazewing
3. Old Nemesis
4. The Librarian
5. Training Regime
6. Imperial Trial
7. The Royal Dinner
8. Attack of the Demons
9. Preparation of the Guard
10. Maiden Voyage I
11. Maiden Voyage II
12. Battle on Juggernaut
13. First Mission
14. Duel of Prodigies
15. Arrival of Help
16. Atrocities
17. The End of the Beginning
18. The Order
19. Banishment
20. The Demon Lords
21. Mission of the Twelfth
22. Second Voyage
23. Port Sekizaki
24. The Purists
25. A Small Reunion
26. The Mermaids Strike
27. Lady Sakurako
28. The White Witch
29. Cleaning Up
30. Infiltration Plan
31. Infiltration Plan II
32. Escape
33. The Great War
34. Battle of Toulon-Prelude
35. Battle of Toulon I
36. Battle of Toulon II
37. Battle of Toulon III
38. Expedition Golden Oasis
39. Expedition Golden Oasis II
40. Secret Mission
41. Secret Mission II
42. Prison Cell
43. The Ray of Light
44. The Ray of Light II
45. Strategical Movements
46. Return to Irvine
47. Attack on Plywood
48. Crippling Strike
49. Lovebirds in War
50. Tag Team
51. Irvine in Confusion
52. Irvine in Confusion II
53. Irvine in Confusion III
54. Irvine-Erwing War: Prelude
55. Irvine-Erwing War: First Phase
56. Irvine-Erwing War: Traitor Guards
57. The Underworld
58. Gladiators
59. Party
60. Reversal
61. Betrayal
62. Kingdom of Lutzia
63. Agnes
64. Celebration Feast
65. Fort Void
66. Noble Slaves
67. The Masked Lady
68. Bitter Reunion
69. Bitter Reunion II
70. Bitter Reunion III
71. A New Mission
72. A New Mission II
74. Collapse of the Ferris Wheel
75. The Oedipus Club
76. Hidden Enclaves
77. She Returns
78. March on Batavia
79. Defence of Irvine I
80. Defence of Irvine II
81. Siege of Pazna I
82. Siege of Pazna II
83. Mirakarta Massacre
84. Mirakarta Massacre II
85. Southern Campaign
86. The Art of Diplomacy
87. Six Days Campaign
88. Six Days Campaign II
89. Six Days Campaign III
90. Hero of Elaise
91. Battle of Trest
92. The Road to New Trier
93. The Road to New Trier II
94. The Road of New Trier III
95. The Road to New Trier IV
96. Old Memories
97. Old Memories II
98. A Truce
99. Battle of Pallastria
100. Battle of Pallastria II
101. Amnesia
102. The Alliance's Gambit
103. The Defence of Batavia I
104. Defence of Batavia II
105. Defence of Batavia III
106. One Last Dance
107. Clash of Sovereigns
108. Clash of Sovereigns II
109. Princess Rescue Mission I
110. Princess Rescue Mission II
111. The Aglatis Law
112. Trial of Vengeance
113. Epilogue

73. A New Mission III

0 0 0
By daniellie802

"But you are-"

"Remi, I need to go. They'll get suspicious if I don't hurry back to the Imperial Palace."

Remi nods and the woman rushes to the lift. I look at Remi. "Whew, she turns to us?"

"Yeah," Remi says as she walks to a massive building. "Stupid, massive budget cuts everywhere for some reason. You know shit goes down when budget cuts are too large."

"Didn't she cut military spending for the infrastructure?" I ask, following her.

"Well, they say so. Levington isn't even fully rebuilt, so ...." Remi crosses her arms. "You know, strange. I betcha my dad is involved in this."

We enter a training centre. Just as we enter, a flash of lightning appears before my eyes. 

"Lightning Bomb!" Elaine holds an orb of lightning, thrusting it upon the ground. Revan dashes backwards, dodging it by a feet. The silver haired girl raises a lightning blade, swinging it at Revan. He conjures a lightning sword of his own, blocking it.

The prez and vice prez of Class 1C of Plywood?

"Hey, Revan, Elaine!" Remi greets.

"Oh, Ms Remi!" Elaine replies.

"Huh? They're from Plywood, right?" I ask.

"Yup. Levington's not rebuilt yet somehow, so these two are homeless," Remi says. "Madam Fron's agents did their thing and brought them here."

"I see, I see. You've been laying low, too, right? What are you doing then?" I ask.

"Me? I've been teaching these kids," Remi says. "Mostly Plywood students, tho. Most of them are left homeless now that Levington was destroyed."

"Hey, Ms Remi. Come to think of it, Karov hasn't returned since yesterday," Elaine says.

"Karov? He hasn't returned from purchasing potions in Mirakarta?"

Elaine nods. "Who's Karov?" Lita asks.

"One of Plywood. Pretty strong too, Class III mage," Remi says. "Okay, in that case–"

"I'll help find him. Just give me the characteristics," Lita offers after briefly raising her eyebrow.

"Hey, Lita," I whisper, "we're supposed to lay low."

"Oh come on," she whispers back, "you don't expect to stay in the shelter all time, do you?"

Well, I was kinda expecting that, Lita, but if you insist ....

"And this modus operandi of kidnapping strong mages ... I'm familiar with it," she whispers again. I nod.

"He's got black skin, a bit bald. Think of Mr Charles but young version," Remi says.

"Hmm ... okay. Let's go, Lita."

"Huh? You're coming with me?" Lita asks. I nod vigorously. 

"Careful out there," Remi advices, "I can't bail you out if they got you, kay?"

Lita and I ascend from the underground bunker with the lift. Just as we leave the structure, we come face to face with two men, both talking nervously to each other.

"John? Joe?" I ask.

"Oh, Vio, Angelita," John greets, his voice very heavy. "What are you doing here?"

"We're told to lay low. What about you?" 

"We want to move my mother's grave because this area floods so often," Joe answers, "but ... her bones are not there."

"Huh?" 

"John and I are investigating this. See you," Joe says as he and John walk away.

Whew, what a strange occurrence.

Lita and I walk into Mirakarta wearing thick clothes, our swords concealed. Mirakarta's a mess: tens of thousands of tourists flood its historical museums and its gigantic amusement park. How are we going to find one person among them?

"You said something about the modus operandi. What do you mean?"

"They love eliminating them before they become too powerful later. Offer them rewards or prizes or manipulate their egos to compel them into defecting, or outright assassinating or kidnapping them. I fear one of those is what has happened to this Karov guy."

Hmm ... Lita sure does have some inner knowledge from her time in the Empire.

"Hey, Lita, your sensory skills are better than mine are, right?"

Lita scratches her head. "Only if I have encountered them before; I can detect and remember the mana signature, so to say. To me now, this all feels like a flood of unknown auras."

"Well, you can still detect their levels, right? Just find for Class III ones."

Lita nods repeatedly. She looks up to the sky. "There are two there, near the ferris wheel in the amusement park, with one Class IV mage. And then another group in the western outskirts."

"Okay. I'm checking out the amusement park. You'll check the outskirts," I say, throwing her a communicator.

Lita dashes through the busy streets as I rush to the amusement park. The ferris wheel sticks out like a sore thumb. I activate my ability discreetly, so as to not alert the long line of people awaiting their turn to ride the wheel. It points to a police outpost, strangely enough.

Hmm ... the police are under Queen Seira, and Karov is a member of the Order's secret loyalist army. Don't tell me they arrested him!

I enter the outpost. The man who used portals earlier is there. Three other police officers accompany him. I glance at the wall briefly; a wanted poster with my face (with long hair, luckily) is stuck there. "Can I help you?" the man asks as he tears off the poster.

"Do you see a young bald man with black skin?"

"Yeah, well, this guy?" The man points at one of the officers. 

Kh! Damn it. I should have known; there must be a ton of people with those characteristics. 

"His name's Karov, former Plywood student, Class III mage."

"Hmm ... we never saw him. What happened?"

"He went missing."

"Okay. We'll search. Now get out before anyone sees you."

I leave. "Hey, Lita, there's nothing on my end. How 'bout you?"

"Same. It was a reunion meeting between veteran mages," Lita replies. "I'll meet you at the ferris wheel."

"Okay. I'm waiting."

Lita rejoins me half a minute later. "Whelps, what are we gonna do? That's our only lead."

"I met with some policemen, they said they were looking at it," I say. "But we can't stay idle like this.'

Suddenly, the ferris wheel stops. With cranking sounds, it begins to collapse.

"Watch out!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.7K 11.1K 122
🌟WATTYS 2023 SHORTLIST 🌟WATTYS 2023 FANS CHOICE AWARDS NOMINEE 🌟WATTYS 2022 SHORTLIST 🌟Editor's Pick (Reading Radar) Feb 2024 🌟 Featured Wattpa...
195K 8.1K 55
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT A FANFICTION BOOK ABOUT THE SHOW "LUCIFER". (under editing) Copyright © 2019 by Sinderella All Rights Reserved ~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
90 14 11
Sol, daughter of the Melefica, Betrothed Queen to the Ursa, Mate to the last Draco of the Mother. Pretty titles for a pretty woman, more powerful wit...