Till the End of Time ~ A Pete...

By purplenarwal15

Her mother was one of the few who still believed Aslan would return. Her father and even her brother didn't... More

Author's Note
~Chapter 1~
~Chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 4~
~Chapter 5~
~Chapter 6~
~Chapter 7~
~Chapter 8~
~Chapter 9~
~Chapter 10~
~Chapter 11~
~Chapter 12~
~Chapter 13~
~Chapter 14~
~Chapter 15~
~Chapter 16~
~Chapter 17~
~Chapter 18~
~Chapter 19~
~Chapter 20~
~Chapter 21~
~Chapter 22~
~Chapter 23~
~Chapter 24~
~Chapter 25~
~Chapter 27~
~Chapter 28~
~Chapter 29~
~Chapter 30~
~Chapter 31~
~Chapter 32~
~Chapter 33~
~Chapter 34~
~Chapter 35~
~Chapter 36~
~Chapter 37~
~Chapter 38~
~Chapter 39~
~Chapter 40~
~Chapter 41~
~Chapter 42~
~Chapter 43
~Chapter 44~
~Chapter 45~
~Chapter 46~
~Chapter 47~
~Chapter 48~
~Chapter 49~
~Chapter 50~
Author's Note PT. 2

~Chapter 26~

1K 31 1
By purplenarwal15

*Three years later*

(1005)

"And don't forget that Susan and Edmund are returning home today." I said passing a faun as I walked down the hall, stopping a moment to take a breather, placing a hand on my belly.

I was now, eight and a half months along with Peter and I's first child. I didn't know for a rather long time that I was pregnant but when I noticed that I was gaining weight, mixed with sudden appetite changes and major, major nausea... I read some books and put two and two together... And then finally went and saw the physician and he gave me the happy news. 

"My Lady, Oramythh is here to see you." A faun said passing by.

I smiled as I walked towards the garden. She was sitting, watching her little girl playing in the grass.

"Oramythh." I smiled opening my arms. She stood and walked over, hugging me. We were both minding each other because she too was expecting again.

"Filis, come say hi to Vyla." She called the girl over. She had light brown almost sandy blonde hair and blue eyes like her father.

The little two-and-a-half-year-old waddled over and hugged my legs.

I tried to pick her up but it was hard with my bump so I left her on the ground. She waddled back over to her doll that was laying in the grass.

"You're practically due any day, now aren't you?" Oramythh asked.

"Practically." I smiled, "So are you."

She looked down at her own belly and placed a hand on it.

"I guess it's a race now." She smiled.

"Don't say that. Considering your track record. You almost had to deliver little Filis on a boat because you complained you wished she would come already."

"Trust me I know..." Then Oramythh looked over her shoulder. "Where is the High King?"

"With Lucy, visiting King Lune in Archenland." I replied.

"Why? You're about to give birth... I'm surprised he left your side."

"Because I made him." I admitted. "I love him but, he needed to get out of that castle... He hasn't been anywhere in eight months."

"When I was expecting Filis, Aleurian didn't want to leave my side either, so I was thankful that Peter asked him to help him with the conflicts in the Lone Islands to keep his mind occupied."

"And he did, and is still doing a great job regarding that."

I placed a hand on my stomach before taking a seat, feeling the baby kick.

"Vy? You alright?"

"Yeah, this little one is going to be a master at hand to hand combat." I chuckled as it kicked again.

"When Filis was born... She kicked and moved around a lot before I went into labor..." She whispered.

"Don't say that. Peter isn't supposed to be home for another week... This baby can't be born early."

"How far along did you say you were?"

"Only eight months and a little bit."

Oramythh shook her head.

"You're definitely having this baby soon... It took me a month before I realized too."

I paused a moment before I looked up at her.

"It was nothing... It stopped." I smiled.

She gave me an unconvinced look.

"My Lady, King Edmund and Queen Susan have returned." A faun said.

"Thank you." I replied as I stood.

"And where have they been?" Oramythh asked as She took Filis's hand and we started walking.

"Calormen." I smiled.

"Well it was good to see you... Take it easy if you don't want that baby to be born before Peter returns." She said giving me a hug. 

We parted ways and I walked down towards the stables where I saw the two, dark haired Pevensies walking out. Edmund was taller than Susan now and Susan's hair, like mine, went all the way down to her knees.

They approached and smiled when they caught my eye.

"See I told you she didn't have the baby yet." Edmund said as I hugged him.

"How was the prince's dinner?" I asked hugging Susan next.

"Completely, and utterly awful." She said.

"That bad huh?"

Susan let out a deep sigh. 

"Oh." I mumbled, placing another hand on my stomach as the baby started kicking again.

"Are you alright?" Ed asked helping steady me.

I nodded. "Baby's really kicky today."

"You look really pale." Susan said taking my other hand. "aren't you not due for another month?"

"Oramythh said she thinks I'm closer than I seem..."

"I think she's right..." Susan said as Edmund put my arm around his shoulder.

"I can't have this baby till Peter gets home."

"It might not be your choice to make." Susan said.

I could feel my lip quivering as I felt something warm drip down my leg.

"Aslan's mane... your water broke." Susan said as I felt a shooting pain through my stomach.

Edmund looked horrified as he helped me sit on the grass.

"I'll send word to Peter then get the doctor, you get her up to her room." Susan said as she walked off.

"Come on we have to get you up." Edmund said, slight panic in his voice.

He squatted down and put my arm around his shoulders and lifted us both up.

It took a long time. I was in pain, sweating, crying as we walked to Peter and I's room.

"What do I do?" Edmund asked laying me in the bed.

I didn't reply as I felt another contraction.

I looked over at Ed with tears in my eyes. "It hurts." I whispered. He took my hand and knelt by the bed.

"I know.... You can do this though. I believe in you." Edmund smiled.

"Here she is." Susan's voice came from the doorway.

"I'll wait outside." Edmund smiled as he kissed my hand.

Hours of contractions. It was so early in the morning and I was exhausted.

"This is it my lady." The doctor finally said.

I let out another cry before I finally felt relaxed... It was when I heard the wailing... The wails of my child.

"You did amazing." Susan said dabbing my forehead with a cloth.

"Congratulations Lady Vyla, It's a healthy baby boy." The doctor said as he placed the baby in my arms.

He was crying, arms and legs flailing. But he looked perfect.

"Shh shh. There there." I said rocking him. I fed him and he fell asleep and I got a good look at him. His hair was fair. And he had a tiny nose.

"I'll be by to check on you tomorrow... You did amazing my lady." The doctor said leaving. Shortly after, Edmund, followed by my father walked in.

"So? Niece or nephew?" Edmund asked as he stood next to Susan.

"Nephew." I whispered. I looked at my dad and smiled. "You two have to teach him everything you know." I smiled. My dad was speechless.

"Do you and Pete have a name picked out?" Susan asked.

I shook my head.

"Eight months and you don't have any ideas for a name?"

I smiled. "well we had a middle name for a boy picked out but... No first name."

"Well at least tell us the middle name so we don't have to call him 'it'." Edmund chuckled.

"Lucien."

My dad opened his mouth to say something but he couldn't.

"It's perfect." Susan smiled.

"So, I guess we'll call him Luc till Peter and I decide." I smiled. I didn't take my eye off him.

"He would be proud." My dad finally said.

I nodded feeling my eyes getting heavy.

"You should rest." Susan said catching my drift. "Would you like me to put him in his cradle."

I held him closer and shook my head.

Susan smiled.

"Goodnight Vyla... Goodnight little prince." Susan said as she and Ed left the room.

My dad walked over to my bed and sat on it.

"I remember when Luc was born... He was smaller than you... Little did your mother and I knew he'd grow to be six foot three." My dad smiled as he placed his finger close to the baby's hand.

I looked down at my son and smiled again.

"I wish he could be here... He would have been the best uncle... I think that was his secret dream in life."

"I know... But he's smiling from Aslan's Country... Never prouder... could never be prouder." He said before kissing my forehead.

"Now I'll let you and my grandson rest." He smiled before standing and leaving.

I looked down and little Luc's eyes were open. They were blueish green. Kinda like the sea.

"Hello little one." I whispered. "I wish your daddy was here to see you."

I stroked his soft head, suddenly unable to sleep.

~ ~ ~

Our baby boy went three days without a name... Three days without rarely leaving my arms. I let Susan hold him and Edmund did once but he was nervous and quickly gave him back. 

I was standing on my balcony with little Luc in my arms when I saw the cavalcade of horses' ride over the hill.

"Your daddy's home." I whispered to the sleeping baby as I saw Peter look up in my direction. He jumped off his horse and started running, Lucy close behind him.

A few short minutes later I heard the door open.

"Vy?"

I smiled as I turned towards Peter. He had glassy but tired looking eyes.

"Peter... Meet our son." I whispered.

He walked quickly over and smiled.

"He's... He's beautiful." He placed a hand on the baby's head.

"Susan and Edmund have been in agony about the name."

"Well we still haven't agreed." Peter smiled, a tear running down his face.

"I'm telling you, Robert isn't... Narnian enough."

"Robert Lucien. It fits." He whispered.

"Okay... how about we compromise?"

~ ~ ~

I held our son over the christening font as the Narnian Elder read from an old scroll.

"Now what name have you given to your son?" He asked.

I took a deep breath. We had kept his name secret for three more days and everyone was waiting anxiously.

"Robin Lucien Pevensie the first." Peter smiled.

"I Christen thee. Crown Prince Robin Lucien Pevensie." The Elder said pouring water over his head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.7K 1.9K 22
Tensions between Narnians and Telmarines have never been so high. Many Narnians have lost hope in the return of the Kings and Queens of Old, and most...
493K 14.8K 31
"You're not going anywhere, if anything your little boyfriend will just have another seat next to you." Peter threatens. A sharp laugh fell uncontrol...
107K 2.3K 25
βπ‘€π‘œπ‘€, 𝑛𝑖𝑐𝑒 π‘™π‘œπ‘œπ‘˜! π‘‘π˜©π‘’ π‘π‘™π‘œπ‘œπ‘‘ π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘Žπ‘™π‘™π‘¦ π‘π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘›π‘”π‘  π‘œπ‘’π‘‘ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠.❞ 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚜: #4 in edmundpevensie 11/20/19 (go che...
212K 6.6K 20
𝐓𝐇𝐄 π…πˆπ‘π„π’πŽππ† π’π„π‘πˆπ„π’ - 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 πŽππ„ ❝ "You know, you seemed a lot nicer before you started training us." "We don't have time for...