A Pretty Lie ✔️

By winteratheart__

'Every boy is a player, Until... He meets his true one' ... "Come on Inaya! You just have to pretend" he whin... More

✨Intro✨
Chapter 2 | Karma
Chapter 3 | Fiance
Chapter 4 | Embarrassment
Chapter 5 | Mission
Chapter 6 | Engagement
Chapter 7 | Blushing
Chapter 8 | Cuteness
Chapter 9 | Blackmail
Chapter 10 | Flushed up
Chapter 11 | Emotional
Chapter 12 | Motherly love
Chapter 13 | Handsome face
Chapter 14 | Married
Chapter 15 | Sleepy head
Chapter 16 | Hatred
Chapter 17 | Awkward
Chapter 18 | Feelings
Chapter 19 | long trip
Chapter 20 | Innocent
Chapter 21 | Pool party
Chapter 22 | Upset
Chapter 23 | Ignoring her
Chapter 24 | Sorry
Chapter 25 | Too close
Chapter 26 | Happy moment
Chapter 27 | Scared
Chapter 28 | Tempting
Chapter 29 | Bold move
Chapter 30 | Insane
Chapter 31 | Bullying
Chapter 32 | Deadly Disease
Chapter 33 | Painful
Chapter 34 | Shy
Chapter 35 | Accident
Chapter 36 | Strong
Chapter 37 | Love
Chapter 38 | Jealousy
Chapter 39 | Adorable
✨Epilogue ✨
Bonus Chapter ✨

Chapter 1 | Pretend

10.2K 428 47
By winteratheart__

******

Finally bringing back one of my most favourite book which I took down for editing purpose.

I felt like this book did not deserve the love it deserves and then I went back to see what is wrong and I literally went into trauma at how many mistakes it has.

Now the book is completely edited with lots of new scenes added in the upcoming chapters, the one who are re-reading will know.

Anyways I hope you enjoy reading, sharing your thoughts and not being a silent reader would be very much appreciated, says the one who is a silent reader🤦‍♀️...

*******

Zaarib's pov

Have you ever felt under pressure, stress, strain, force, anxiety, hostility, uneasiness everything at once? If you didn't then thank Allah because that is what I am feeling now. And it is the most ugliest feeling one could ever feel.

Not everyone feel less stressed walking around the room but In my case it's helping, time to time glancing at my wrist and wall clock I wait for the only person to come so I could at least breathe and calm Eventhough I know she will do everything other than calming me down, yet my desperate ass who is used to her is waiting for her.

Everyone looks like my enemy  today even the damn time, who is moving like a snail.

Zaarib darling calm down calm the fuck down, you're a grown-up Man and you need to act like one, stop freaking out!

I breathed out calming my raising heart down, anxiety taking over me as my mom's words rings in my mind. Again and again.

My head snapped towards the door where a knock was heard, In slow-motion the door opens or maybe I am hallucinating but there stood my hope, my anxiety reliever.

I do not waste time taking a look at her but rush towards her to hold her wrist and pull her towards me and away from the door so I could shut it close.

Shutting the door close the first thing I do is seek for her warmth, Eventhough I am taller than a head hight compared to her yet her hugs are really curing.

She takes me into her embrace, rubbing my back and the only thing I want to do now is sob out loudly. As childish as it sounds, this girl has the power to take out the child in me.

"Inaya" I breathed out not leaving her but suffocating her in my arms "Calm down what happened?" She ruffles my hair, her voice filled with worry and confusion but still as smooth as honey.

I do not reply but feel my heart calming down on it's own. She gently pulls away and takes my hand in hers and brings me towards my bed.

She makes herself comfortable, with her back resting against the headboard and then pats her side asking me to join but I lay down with my head on her lap earning a chuckle from her.

I want someone to comfort me now and I know only she can do that.

"Can you open your mouth? What's wrong tell me? Why are you sulking like a kid?" That was rude. I glare at the rude girl who shrugs. I am here all broken after hearing that my mom is trying to snatch my freedom away and this girl here is being rude.

I close my eyes when I feel her fingers gently rubbing my scalp. To soothe me and I am addicted to it. The addiction I have towards this gentle massage cannot be compared to any coke.

"What happened Zaarib?" She tries again "What else can happen when Mamma is smiling so brightly outside" I look up to see her confused face "Oh yeah, I saw that she was even greeting me with a grin, I was taken a back for a second" she nods still accepting this once in a blue moon act of my mother.

She hates Inaya, Inaya hates her.

"I know mother's should be respected but she is whole another strong word for irritation, why is she so damn irritating, she is eating my head since morning with her orders and I swear I am so close to snapping back at her" I like a bitch, bitch about my own mother, behind her back, which is so so wrong, never do that kids at home, but here the case is another, I am just sharing my emotions to my therapist which is totally fine.

Inaya looks at me with an amused face "huh? okay? Calm down I guess"

"She wants me to get married" I mumble feeling my heart clenching at these words but got an opposite reaction from the girl who is sitting in front of me and came with another intention but is doing the exact opposite, boiling my blood with her laughter.

"Wow! Your getting married? Are you serious! Who is that unlucky girl?" For God's sake I am the unlucky one here not that girl, she is luckier than Aladdin.

If that girl who I hates marries me she gets a perfect face, perfect body, perfect smile only perfection will be in her life and this moronic blind girl tells me that girl will be unlucky, gross!

Life plays unfair at times.

"Zaarib your timing is so perfect, just this morning, exactly today morning I've seen a very beautiful lehenga which had my heart, Now I'll have a reason to beg to my father" I close my eyes getting irritated by her, I did not call her for this shit!

"My Dua's usually does not get accepted so easily but—"

"Shut up! Shut the fuck up! And-And get lost" I push her away which actually makes her roll to the other side, if not my hold on her arm she would've landed on floor.

"You jerk" gasping she gives me hard punch on my ribs before huffing and sitting down properly "What's your problem? Your 25 already get married and settle down already my love" pushing her hair back she rest back on the pilled up pillows and I shake my head.

"No Inaya, I don't want to get married yet, and I am interested in that girl, she is whole caked face fake human" I cringe shaking my head at the thought.

"Who is that girl? What is her name?" She is now sitting with her legs crossed fully interested in my marriage "Name?"

I have a problem remembering names, they slip out of my mind really quick, most of the time I call Inaya sweetheart because I forget what her name is, I have serious issues of dyslexia I know.

"Reema? no Riya no" I suck at names what was her name? "Ruhi yes no no not Ruhi"

"Something with R ahh Ruby? No that's an English name...Ahh, Roomi" I nod feeling happy that I finally remember that room girl's name as I flop beside her who is looking confused.

"And from the way you look so interested, Instead of me can you please marry that witch in the face of women" I roll my eyes at her excitement but she gasps and kicks my calf.

"Give respect to women boy, Woah witch? You hate her that much?" She lays beside me on her stomach while elbowing the bed, and I stare at the empty ceiling.

"Hm" I hum but run my finger through my hair before hiding my face with my arm.

"Ai what's wrong? I'll talk to mamma if your so against it, you know no body can force you infront of the Qazi you have to say 'Qubool hai' (I do) by your will, and everyone know forced nikkah's are not actually a nikkah and it is not acceptable in islam" she coes me in her sweet tone, her playful teasing voice long gone and now it is replaced with concern.

I chuckle at her mature comforting words after moving my arm away to look at her chubby cheeks which are puffed out since she is resting her chin on her haind.

"Mamma can make everything acceptable you know that" I let out some truth and she rolls her eyes, "keep your mamma aside, she cannot do anything when Inaya is with you" chuckling I nod but flick her forehead for no reason only for her to smack my hand away.

"Do I know this roomi girl?" I nod when she blinks her eyes at me.

"Remember you tripping over the chairs, falling on your face and then my ice cream which I stood for five minutes to buy because of the long line only to be spilt all over your beautiful fancy dress in Rehan's marriage. The day you looked like a runaway killer ready to kill that girl who was laughing at you. Yeah?" I remind her about the tragic event that I know still haunts her, her eyes widens as I elaborate the truthful story, which makes me laugh, but I am not in the mood to laugh now.

"God shut up I swear I would have slapped the hell out of that bitch who purposely did everything but nobody believed me" she huffs getting embarrassed and also angry at the remembrance of the incident which gave me a good laugh.

Ok, she looked funny as hell ready to kill that girl. I swear she looked just like those runaway psychopaths but a cute one.

Only if I was not their holding her back from launching at her, the opponent would have ended up in the hospital.

"What about her?" She raises her eyebrow asking me with her eyes to give her a good explanation as to why I brought up that terrible incident.

"Mum is asking me to marry that girl" I roll my body crying out loud just by the thought of marrying her.

I don't like her I don't want to marry her!

This is child abuse! Forced marriage! It's against law against everything! I will file a complaint if they force me to marry that ...that whatever you can name her!

Inaya is still speechless. Is she dead out of sudden shock! I turn around only to see her zoned out "Inaya!" I shake her "huh? What? Are you serious?" She speaks with an unbelievable voice.

Yes, I am my love!

"What the—" she shuts her mouth with wide eyes "why? What is wrong with your mom? Didn't she see how that bitch humiliated me in front of everyone" she is still in a state of shock.

"First stop cursing so much" I scold her, even though I have cursed multiple time from the past five minutes, but I don't want her to ruin her innocent mouth by cursing which was apparently thought by me.

"And secondly Mamma would care less about others and most importantly you" I huff out feeling a little bit better since my friend is also feeling the same anxiety and frustration as me, this is what is called friendship goals!

"Wait her name was Rumaisa right? Did she change her name?" She questions me confused "Well yeah, that's her nickname"

"Nickname? When did you came with nickname bases with her?" She gives me her dark glare, Don't go so deep Inaya "Why would I call her with her nickname, that is what everybody calls her" can she stop with the interrogation now!

"Hm a nickname for that girl can I vomit" yes please but not on my bed, I changed my sheet just yesterday.

"I don't know why but I hate her" she nods in agreement "Same here, but you don't know why you hate her but I have full proof reasons to hate her" I sit up to have some serious conversation.

"Do something please I can't marry her my life will become a living hell if I marry her!" I am on the edge of crying I swear! I am a soft-hearted person I cry easily!

"Well should I talk to your mom?" Oh god, that woman is not listening to her own son why would she listen to you, she herself understands that was anywhere near possible and quickly suggests "okay, or should I ask mamma to talk to her?"

"She won't listen" I shake my head, very well knowing how my mother is "Hm just tell her you can't marry that girl or give her some reasonable excuse" as if I didn't try.

"I did, I tried so many times but she is so stubborn. I don't know what she saw in that girl! She said that room— Rumaina's mom asked her about me and then this shit happened"

"Rumaisa" yeah right...she corrects me before nodding "I see so that girl is into you so she asked her mom to patch you both up"

Into you? Oh I know I am handsome but I can't marry that girl! Because I hate her not that type of hate which will change in a matter of seconds but that type of hate that can never turn into anything other than hate, not even sympathy. She is terribly annoying.

"Tell her you have a girlfriend and you want to marry her then I guess she will believe you" she jokes while giggling...but wait—girlfriend? That sounds realistic?

I am already labelled as a bad boy so it won't be that difficult for them to believe. Of course, this looks believable, they will believe this excuse. This is perfect.

Damn my girl has brains.

"Hey that was a joke okay?" Hm Sorry. She reads my facial expression quickly before straightening up "but that's a good reason—"

"Don't you dare! That was just a joke and where the hell will you get a girlfriend?" Her voice is more serious now. She is the only one who knows how I suck in talking with girls so she is trying to shut my Idea.

"Ah yes, where will I get a girlfriend" oh wait—Girl is just in front of me I just have to make her my friend which she already is... is Allah showing me a way to escape.

"Inaya" I jump towards her, taking her hand in mine "My saviour! You need to save me! Lets just act as girlfriend boyfriend she for sure will believe since we are so close!" Perfect just perfect idea.

"Get lost! Do you hear what your uttering?" she pushes me away "Yes I do! And I can clearly see the future where mama sighs in defeat telling me Go Zaarib Go live your life!" I can already Imagine my freedom.

"Fucking get lost" she pushes me and again curses, this women. What is it? She was the one who gave me the idea! "I am not gonna lie, did you get that" she is betraying me!

It's not lying it's pretending! Umm okay, a little bit lying too.

"It's not a lie, you just have to pretend, listen you are a girl and also my friend so what's wrong in joining those two words and framing it to everyone" she gives me an 'are you serious look' to which I return a 'yes I am' with a nod.

"It's their problem if they take it in another way...were just gonna say the truth that you are my girlfriend which you are" yup that's the truth she is a friend so what's wrong with that? I don't see any.

"I am your cousin your sister did you get that I repeat I am your Sister. Okay now repeat after me I am your sister" she speaks like she is teaching a baby to which I roll my eyes. "Astaghfirullah, please, Your not my sister or else we will come under the category of Incest." I shake my at this ugly thought.

"Who teaches her sister cursing, no one, who shares her sister about their feeling, literally no one, maybe some exceptional souls, but majority wins, so don't call me that" I warn her but she takes me so lightly.

"And For god's sake Inaya did you forget that you are a Muslim and we can marry cousins, hmm? Remember?" Okay this doesn't sound good, she is my cousin I know that but I should make up something so she can be by my side in this dreadful situation. And I am giving valid points.

"Zaarib you better be joking or spit it out if it's some kind of prank or dare" Is she blind? Do I look like I am joking? For god's sake, I am freaking out about marrying that demon and hear she tells me I am playing the truth or dare game.

"Okay... I am sorry find another girl you have plenty of female friends more than I have so you can easily get a good actor" she tries to escape but I pull her by her wrist before flopping her body on my bed.

"Inaya don't do this to me! What kind of friend are you!!" If she says no again I am seriously gonna run towards the bathroom and lock myself up only to cry my eyes out!

"Come on Inaya! You just have to pretend. Can't you do that for me" she like a cold-hearted girl shakes her head.

"Pretending also comes under the category of lying" I roll my eyes till the back of my head if possible just to show the truthful girl.

"It does? One pretty girl and One pretty boy with One pretty lie sounds fair to me" I grin looking at the girl who looks so done with me

Huh? I repeat the sentence in my head.

"Wait—Pretty boy sounds gay to me, I am handsome so let's change that into handsome" yup perfect

Inaya gives me an unbelievable look telling me to shut the fuck up before she does.

"Look you hate that girl and so do I. Here Feelings are mutual. If you pretend that you are my girlfriend she for sure will be jealous which benefits you too, of course, you do want revenge right? After that tremendous incident where you flipped over the chairs before falling on your face flat and with a bonus of your dress being completely ruined and on top of that every boys were giggling at your stunt. I am sorry to say but I clearly saw everyone giving you a pitty look and I also heard those aunties saying that you need to use fake teeth—" she flies her hand in front of my face to stop me from going any further, her eyes filled with rage.

Damn did I hit the right spot? Well, Nothing was a lie it was just me elaborating it a little dramatically.

"And everything happened because of that women" I quickly nod agreeing to her "Yes, now think carefully if you help me you will be more benefitted than me" I proudly grin.

"Revenge, A handsome man all for yourself, and also you will be lucky to call me yours" I now rest my case. Flopping on the bed I grin feeling happy but can feel her rolling her eyes at me and at my obvious manipulation.

•••••••••

A/n: If anybody who is reading this and if her name is Rumaisa. I apologise for using that name please don't be offended it's a fictional story so don't take it to heart but just enjoy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 13.4K 48
Most impressive ranking till date, #1 in spiritual out of 26.7k stories Date: 7/01/2021 ---- A muslim love story- "𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂 𝒉𝒂𝒃𝒊𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒐...
44.4K 1.5K 34
She is a girl full of mischievousness and never fails to entertain those around her. He is just the opposite of her, being all furios and short-tempe...
755K 39.4K 43
"Isn't it beautiful? Two people who didn't even Know each other once, Now pray for each other's happiness Even before their own." ....... "What did...
453K 21.9K 47
"Did you love her?" I looked down not wanting to see the expression in his eyes. His warm hand gripped my chin and pulled it upwards. "Trust me Inay...