The Bloom Titan (1/2)

By Supreme_Noeva

The waves crash onto the golden sand, leaving foam on the shore as it pulls back. It is a special day, as a g... More

CH.1: The Adori Manor
CH.2: Devastated and Alone
CH.3: Bad Dreams
CH.4: Goodbye Home
CH.5: On the Run
CH.6: More Friends and Foes
CH.7: The Final Tests
CH.8: The Night of The Ceremony
CH.9: All Hell has Returned
CH.10: Promise
CH.11: The Forgotten
CH.12: Roses
CH.13: Strange Power
CH.14: Humanity's Last Hope
CH.15: Relief for Trost.
CH.16: Trial to Determine Life or Death
CH.17: The Special Operations Squad.
CH.18: An Expedition Outside The Walls
CH.19: Ghost on our Trail
CH.20: The Female Titan
CH.21: A Pain Filled Cry
CH.22: Failure or Success?
CH.23: Counter Attack
CH.24: Plan B
CH.25: Fire Against Fire
CH.26: Danger Within Wall Rose
CH.27: More Like Us
CH.29: Traitors in our Midst
CH.30: The Repeat
CH.31: Bloom
CH.32: Rare Encounter
CH.33: New-found Power
CH.34: Sweet Failure
CH.35: New Grounds
CH.36:Escape
CH.37: Body Double Mission
CH.38: Distant Memory
CH.39: Distant Memory (Pt.2)
CH.40: Mission Failed
CH.41: The Cave of Crystal
CH.42: Ritual
CH.43: A Massive Problem
CH.44: Against a Giant
CH.45: Action
CH.46: Kenny Ackerman
CH.47: Queen Historia
CH.48: Answers
CH.49: Arielle Harper and Dr. Jeager
CH.50: Understanding
CH.51: The Night Before Hell
CH.52: The Lands We Once Called Home
CH.53: The Return of the Traitors
CH.54: Nobility
CH.55: Grace
CH.56: Tranquillity
CH.57: Elegance
CH.58: Numbness
CH:59: Discovery of the Unknown
CH.60: Outside the Walls
CH.61: Malice
CH.62: The Restorationists
CH.63: Blessings and Paradise.
CH.64: The Angel of Destruction
CH.65: The Curse of Ymir
CH.66: An Extra Traitor
CH:67: The Funeral for the Fallen Heroes
CH.68: February 8th, 851
CH.69: Dream

CH.28: Cold hands

224 10 12
By Supreme_Noeva

My feet crunched through the white, powdery snow. That seemed to be extremely deep for me. It was just below my knees making it hard to walk. My breath was coming out hot against the cold air.

My legs felt as if they were going to give out beneath me. I stumbled and fell face first into the snow. It was cold against my nose.

I heard laughing and a pair of arms went under mine, lifting me up. An arm went under my knees and another under my back. I opened my eyes to see a golden pair looking into mine. Jean.

"You're not supposed to fall face first into the snow, you have to walk. But, it's not my fault your short." He says smugly. I scoff and turn away.

"Not my fault either, Horse face." I retort, crossing my arms over eachother. He laughs again.

"I can guess why you call me that, princess." He says teasingly. I turn to face him and flick his forehead. "Ow, why'd you do that?" He winces.

"Don't call me that." I sneer. "Now, put me down, bitch."

He smirks. "Don't call you what? Princess?"

"Exactly, Jean!" I yell at him. Waving my arms around dramatically.

"Well then, if you don't like being called princess. I'll call you my damsel in distress." Jean grins.

I stare at him with a deady look. "Remember that time when I beat Cliff to a pulp?" I ask him. His grin becomes nervous.

"Yes, why?" He inquires.

"If you don't put me down, you'll be the one I beat to a pulp next." I threaten him. He laugh even more then sigh.

"Fine then, there you go." He drops me and I fall into the snow again. I seemed to fully sumerge into it, the light disappearing from my sight.

"Ah, I can't see. Help me!" I yell. I feel arms around me again and
I'm risen above the snow. It was a different face I saw. Marco, he was looking at me with consern.

"Are you okay, who done this to you." He asks me as if he was a mother tending to her child. I looked over at Jean who was snickering at me. Marco looked over at Jean. "Jean, you could've hurt her badly. Imagine she's a porcline doll, easy to break." Marco growls.

I look over at Jean with puppy eyes. "Yes, Jean. I'm like a piece of thin ice, easy to break." He scoffs and points at me.

"That thing is nowhere near to being a porcline doll or thin ice. She's as tough as rock. Babying her around won't do anything benificial to her. Anyways, she asked to be put down, so I done exactly that, put her down." He sneers. I look up at Marco who was holding me like a child.

"Can you put me down, please." I request. He nods and let's me down onto my feet. I trudge over to Jean who was staring at me confused. I grab the bottom of his hood and pulled his face down to my level.

"Jean, I suggest you stop teasing me about my height, or there'll be consequences." I whisper in his ear. I lick the lobe of his ear for no reason then turn back round to face Marco.

Marco starts giggling and points behind me. I turn back round to see Jean standing there, his face flushed red. He never moved an inch, he stood there staring into space. He looked as if he was trying to process what just happened. "Why... What? Ezlyn, why'd you do t-that?" He stammered.

I shrug my shoulders. "Don't know. Out of curiosity, I guess."

I heard crunching from behind me then I was suddenly lifted into the air. I was flung over someone's shoulder. "We can't have you freezing to death, my friend. Also the snow is supposed to get deeper very soon." A deep voice says. I knew exactly who it was, Reiner.

"Reiner? Why are you carrying me. Go help Krista or something." I sigh. He lets out a long chuckle.

"I'm carrying you because like I said, the snow is going to get deeper. Also, I can't see Krista or Ymir anywhere." He breathes. Wait, he hasn't seen them?

I scramble off of Reiner shoulder and start running back the way we came. I was swept off my feet again. "Right, stop picking me up like a child! I'm going to go find Krista, Ymir and Daz. Okay?!" I kick the person who picked me up, not caring about who it was.

"Ow, Ezlyn. No, it's not okay! Have you seen yourself! You're tired!" Jean shouts at me. I try my best to run in the direction I came so I could find my friends.

"I don't care, Jean! I'm going to get them!" I start spluttering and coughing. My knees became weak and I fell into the snow. "Crap, why now." I hissed between coughs.

I was lifted up once again. "I told you so, my damsel in distress." Jean smirks. I had no energy to fight back.

"Just wait till I have the energy to beat you up." I growl.

"Okay then, I'll wait." Jean derides, poking my nose. I close my eyes. Why'd this person have to be my annoying friend. I'd rather recieve one of Marco's long lectures on not to beat up other people than be this close to him.

"You falling asleep on me, princess?" I hear him say. I open my eyes and glare at him.

"Of course not, horse face." I scowl at him, turning to face the other way.

"Okay then, shorty." Jean says softly. He leaned down to my face and pecked my cheek.

I sat there wide eyed and my jaw became slack. "J-Jean, why'd you do that." I stutter, flicking his forehead. He chuckled.

"I was just curious." He smiles. I huff and turn away, covering my face with my gloved hands.

"Oi, you two! We're almost here! Also, just get together already, it's cringy having to hear you two arguing like an old married couple!" Eren yells back at us. I sit up.

"Eren, you sly fuck!" I shout back at him. "He's my shitting best friend, the hell you talking about!" I wave my arms around dramatically in the air.

"Yeah. Get friend-zoned Jean." Reiner sighs, looking over at him.

"What does that mean?!" I shout. I turn to Jean. "Jean, what does that phrase even mean?!" I ask him.

"I- U-Um. I don't have the slightest clue." He mutters looking away from me. I roll my eyes and relax myself.

"I'm going to take a quick nap okay? Don't drop me. Wake me up when we're there." I say, crossing my arm over the other.

"Yes ma'am." Jean says confidently.

"Good." I say in a whisper.

:3RD POV:

Ezlyn fell asleep while being carried by Jean. The camp was in view but no one had seen Krista, Ymir or Daz in a while. "I wonder if the others maybe got lost." Jean says, putting Ezlyn onto his back.

"They probably did, but they shouldn't be so far behind." Marco looks behind him, into the darkness. "I'm glad you stopped Ezlyn though, she would've marched over there, into the darkness not caring whether she'd die or not."

"Yeah, I'm glad as well. She has a heart of gold, and wants the best for her friends. She said she didn't want friends but then accepted us but now she's went and made too many friends to worry about." Jean sighs, looking over at the peaceful face that was resting on his shoulder.

'Why do you look so at peace when you sleep, Ezlyn.' Jean thinks. He looks over at Marco. "When do you think I should tell her?" He asks him.

"I don't know. Maybe..." Marco's face falls into a frown. "I don't think it's a good idea to tell her, yet. Remember, she's set to join the Survey Corps, not Military Police. If she was going to join the MP's I'd say you should tell her, so you can see her. But, in the Survey Corps, she's got a high chance of dying."

Jeans features become sad. "I know that. But, it's hard to keep it a secret for ages." He glances back at the sleeping figure again.

"Hey, we're here!" Eren yells, running into the camp with his arms in the air.
They all walked past the finish line, out of breath and hungry.

Jean walked into one of the cabins and laid Ezlyn down on a bunk. He softly shook her. "Hey, Ezlyn wake up. Dinners going to be served soon." He whispers in her ear.

She began to stir in her sleep.

:EZLYN POV:

I open my eyes after hearing someone. Jean was hovering over me by a few inches. "Jean? What is it?" I ask him rubbing my eyes. He stood up straight.

"We made it back to the camp. Dinners going to be served soon also, I didn't think you'd want to miss out." He says softly. I sit up and rub my eyes again.

"Okay, okay." I stretch my arms out to the sides then stand up. "Has Krista and Ymir returned yet?" I look up at him. He shook his head. My hands ball into fists and I storm out the door. "That's it, don't stop me now. I'm going to find them." I yell, running by the instructor.

"Hey, stop!" She yells at me, grabbing my wrist.

"Ma'am, please let me go find them. For all we could know, they might be dying out there due to hypothermia!" I plea.

"Exactly, Cadet. They could already be dead! But we're not risking, losing another one. We'll send out a search team to find them at dawn. Now go to the dining hall, dinner should be out soon." She pushes me in the direction of the hall.

I curse under my breath and storm over to where Eren, Mikasa and Armin were sat. "You guys. Do you want to help me sneak out to go find Ymir, Krista and Daz with me?" I ask, quirking an eyebrow.

"But, that's going against Instructor Hailey's orders!" Armin wails. I quickly place a finger over his lips.

"Be quiet Armin, that was too loud." I hiss at him.

I look over to Eren. His face said it all, he was determined to go. "Anything to help endangered comrades." He grins.

"Then I'm going aswell." Armin changes his mind.

"I'll go too." Mikasa says, scooting up closer to Eren.

"No. You guys should stay at the cabin. Like our instructor said, we could get stranded out there and even die." Eren says, standing up. I stand up with him.

"I'm going with you both to stop that from happening." Mikasa says demandingly.

"I can't just leave them out there." Armin mutters.

"Hey. What do you think you're doing." A rough voice asks from behind us. I jump round thinking it was an instructor. But it was just Reiner and Bertholdt.

"Don't try to stop-"

"You're gonna need a lot more gear than that." Bertholdt interrupts me.

"Huh?" I breathe.

"If you go by yourselves, you'll end up needing to be rescued too" Reiner says, adjusting the backpack straps.

"The more eyes, the better, right?" Bertholdt adds. I feel a smile tug at my lips.

"You guys..." Eren mutters.

"Thank you. To be honest, we could use you." I smile, running over to them. "But damn, you've both grown to much." I say looking up at them both. I was only as tall as Eren and Mikasa.

"Hey, we're coming too." Another voice says. I peek round Bertholdt to see Connie, Sasha and Marco, standing there.

"The storm is starting to clear up. I think we'll be fine." Marco beams.

"I brought us food!" Sasha lifts up a box that probably has food in it.

"Thanks, guys." Eren says gratefully.

There was a loud noise outside that sounded an awful lot like lightning.

"What was that sound just now?" Armin asks for us all. We all start running out the door to see what caused the noise. I ran out past Eren and stood at the edge of the camp. The wind was strong, picking up the bottom of my coat.

"Somebody's coming!" Sasha points out into the distance. I follow the end of her finger to see a small dot of light. They had someone in tow.

"Is that?!" I gasp. I start running towards the light. The snow under my feet crunching.

"Hey! Ezlyn stop!" Eren shouts to me. I don't stop, I keep sprinting as fast as I can, which is decently quick.

The figure became clear as day. It was Ymir. "Ymir! Are you okay?! Where is Krista?!" I ask her, stopping infront of her.

"I'm okay, Ezlyn. Krista should be here soon. Can you lend me a hand with Daz." I nod and take the bottom part of the stretcher and lift him up. "Let's go." Ymir says.

Ymir and I trudge through the snow back to the camp. There was a few lanterns coming towards us. Reiner, Bertholdt, Marco, Connie, Mikasa and Jean were running to us.

"Ezlyn, Ymir, let us take Daz!" Reiner shouts, taking my end and Bertholdt taking Ymir's side. They start running back to the camp with Daz in their hands.

Jean and Marco run up to me. "Ezlyn, you stupid, stupid girl!" Jean shouts at me.

"Why am I stupid?" I ask him, starting to walk back to camp.

"Your exhausted, coming out here was a horrible idea. Your legs could give out beneath you." Jean reply's running up next to me.

"Yes, but, it's my choice. Since when were you my Captain?" I retort. Marco steps inbetween Jean and I to stop us from arguing.

"Right you two, calm down." He says slyly. I snort.

"Yessir." I reply sarcastically. But something strange started to happen to me. My head began to pound and my legs felt weak. I fell to the ground then everything went black...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

276 3 6
"Hard times are often blessings in disguise. You must let go and let life strengthen you. No matter how much it hurts, hold your head and keep going...
330K 8.1K 59
I apologise that the first few chapters spelling are terrifying as I didn't check them but the other chapter later on in the story are double checked...
713 15 17
Levi pointed to himself, crossed his arms in an X shape over his chest with closed fists, then pointed to me. "I love you." My eyes shot wide open as...
90K 2.9K 80
'You look over to the spot your parents were standing not even a half a minute ago. Your ears were ringing, the big boulder in front of you earning y...