Fated Love- A Collection of S...

By amateurartist04

Presenting... A collection of short stories all starting with a single individual prompt. Some happy, some sa... More

A far-away Soulmate
Our Final Parting
An Arranged Marriage With the King
A Romance with a Fake Character
The Voices in Your Head Won't Stop
The Novel Reveals the Truth
A Waltz in an Abandoned Castle
SHORT POV! ~ "Do not Disturb"
As The World Caves In
The Beauty in a Hoodie [SHORT STORY]
The Umbrella ♡ [Happy Ending]
Sunshine ☀️ (sequel to 'Umbrella')
☽ a midnight confession ☾
forbidden silence [THRILLER]
[POV] ~ never judge a book by it's cover ~ Part 1
[MINI-SERIES!]
SOTW- Part 1
SOTW- Part 2
SOTW- Part 3
SOTW- Part 4
SOTW- Part 4.5
Author update- Reason for pause
Announcement!
Remembering Alyssa {RANDOM PROMPT}

Sounds of the Wind- SYNOPSIS UPDATED

16 9 0
By amateurartist04

Tags: Drama, Romance, School Life, Psychological, Sad Back Story, Slight mystery, Sci-Fi

Synopsis UPDATED: 

3011. Health issues around the world are very common and are all monitored by the Doctor's Global Health Organization or, DGHO. Pandemics would often break out, though human immunity has evolved to ease the fatality rate. Though no one has really questioned why healthcare isn't open to everyone, they all want to become doctors and change the family circumstances.

But as someone living far away from the capital city, I have seen through the harsh reality the difficult way. So instead of wasting my natural talents and becoming a doctor, I tried out other skills and ended up here in the poorest city at the poorest school.

Online Soulmates is an online-based charity and community service program that sprung up as a result of the pandemic. Across many schools, students were encouraged to volunteer by forming an online support group for people suffering from loneliness. It was a fairly secure program, with online chats being verified through recommendations, monitored users and the best security programs available. Something like this was a great opportunity for people to get to know each other and find joy in their lives amongst all the isolation. But I never thought that signing up for something like this could end up changing the way I viewed life.

But let me stop what you're thinking right there...

I'm not that clichéd like other main characters...

I know what you're expecting when I said that, but really I'm quite normal.

I was a normal university student who didn't have a girlfriend and wasn't interested in finding one. I wanted a stable career before I started a proper relationship. Or at least... I think that's the plan. Many things in life had me wondering if I'll ever get the job I wanted. Anything but being connected to the DGHO. After closing off a career path that I was pretty much set up for, it became a hassle to find something else. But then I thought, sometimes I should just let the ball roll naturally and let fate run its course.

But if only things were that easy.

We had naturally conflicting opinions about the world. But somehow, we still ended up together. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29 0 9
This collection will have short stories based on writing prompts found here and there. People can feel free to comment writing prompts they wish for...
512 10 10
A collection of oneshots and short stories that come to me when I'm bored in class. (says completed but there will be more updates.)
122 2 100
Everyone has a soulmate, right? Sure, they're just really difficult to find. It'd be a lot easier to find them when you have a string to guide the wa...
1.6K 322 117
A collection of poems and short stories I write when I'm bored. Most of the themes are sad, so I hope that, in a hundred years when I'm long dead, st...