Games | A Spencer Reid Story

By TheAestheticDiary

"Thanks for playing sweetie," Cat called out after her. Dr Spencer Reid had finally baited Cat Adams out into... More

i. Entropy- First encounter
ii Entropy - A germ thing
iii Entropy - Dessert
iv Entropy - I always win
v Entropy - Boilerplate
vi Entropy - Please join us
vii Entropy - Double or nothing
viii - I Know
ix Orangery
x Red light - Spencie
xi Red Light - Let's play
xii Red light - Bring her
xiii Red Light - Show me
xiv Red Light - Watch Me
xvi - The past
xvii - Dance?
xviii - 7219
xix - Sushi
xx - Rebecca
xxi - Pretty Important
xxii - See you later
xxiii Date night - Max
xxiv Date Night - 4-EVER
xxv Date Night - Done
xxvi Date Night - I win
Epilogue
NEW JEID STORY
UPDATE

xv - Friday?

2.1K 70 29
By TheAestheticDiary

Y/n, I'll give you a ride home." Tara tapped Y/n shoulder.

Y/n snapped her jaw shut. "Yup. Yeah. That would be great." She jumped to her feet and picked up her bag.

"Are you okay Y/n?"

"Yep, absolutely fine. Why do you ask?"

"You just seem a little... frazzled???"

"Well, I guess that's what spending time with Cat Adams does to you. But I'm fine. Just ready to go home." Y/n hinted.

"Well, alright then." Tara led Y/n to the lift and down to the parking garage. "Goodnight Reid." Tara waved to Spencer.

Spencer bolted over to them. "Tara, I don't mind dropping Y/n at home. It's closer to me anyway." Spencer turned to Y/n "If that's alright with you?"

"Don't you have to take your mom?" Y/n asked.

"The nurse took her." Spencer jammed his hands into his pocket. "I really don't mind," he shrugged.

Y/n agreed with a nod. She thanked Tara, waving her a goodnight.

"This way," Spencer pointed towards his car. "I hope you don't mind that I offered to drive you home?"

"No, I didn't mind. I mean, it's logical. You live closer," Y/n smiled.

Spencer held open the passage door for Y/n. "Right." He closed his tight as he shut the door. She wasn't taking the hint yet. He circled the car and joined her in the car.

As soon as he turned the ignition on rap music blared through the speaker.

Spencer was disturbed and desperately tried to turn the volume off, in the end opting to just turn off the sound system.

Y/n burst out laughing. "Wow. I really didn't think you would enjoy the musically stylings of Cardi B." She held her stomach as she laughed.

"Errr, Luke brought me car here. He must have thought it would be funny," Spencer pouted. But seeing the hysterics that Y/n was in made him smile. "If you are done laughing in my expense, I'm going to drive now. With no music on," Spencer pointed out.

"Oh please, don't let me stop you," Y/n chuckled, continuing to clutch her side.

"If you keep laughing like that, I won't be able to concentrate on the road," Spencer sulked.

"What?...Please explain the science behind why me laughing would affect your driving?"

"How can I look away. You laugh is mesmerising. I don't want to miss a second of it." The words rolled of Spencer's tongue before he could stop himself. He froze. "I'm sorry, I didn't realise I said that out loud."

Y/n stopped laughing immediately.

Spencer quickly put the car in reverse and pulled out of his parking space, internally kicking himself.

"Is it true you have an eidetic memory?" Y/n asked clearing the air after they had sat in silence for close to ten minutes.

"Who told you that?"

"Penelope. She was gushing about you." Y/n admitted.

"Oh. That's embarrassing." Spencer bottom lip jutted out.

"You really don't like people complimenting you, do you?" Y/n angled herself to face Spencer as much as her seatbelt would allow.

Spencer looked at Y/n, momentarily, expressing that he didn't really. "It's just a little bit awkward. I don't think he handle awkward well."

"I think awkward is endearing." Y/n settled back in her seat, glancing at Spencer sideways to register his reaction. All she saw was a man whose cheeks were getting redder and redder, and lips twitching into a smile. "Let's play a game."

"Aren't you tired of playing games?" Spencer pointed out.

"This game won't be like that. But fair point. But I do get bored in cars. So, unless you want me to fall asleep here, you will have to entertain me."

"Whatever the lady says goes. How am I supposed to do that?" He shrugged his shoulders.

"Figure it out. Aren't you a profiler?" she teased.

"Technically, I haven't been reinstated yet so, no."

"I walked into that one."

"You know there are several studies that suggest people never get bored talking about themselves. So maybe you should do that."

"That's a cop out Spencer." Y/n sighed.

"Come on. Indulge me. If I ask you about you, will you tell me." Spencer darted his eyes from the road to Y/n. "Do you remember the time I came to your apartment?"

"What about it," she questioned.

"Do you have roommates?"

"Oh yeah." Y/n answered. She had been nervous about what he was asking but this seemed easy. "I'm not always home, so didn't make sense for me to live alone. The place would just be empty otherwise. And, although I disagree that you can ever too old to live with your parents. It's better to stay out my dad's way. He is a bit mad and does the most crazy and extravagant things sometimes. Me and Mason find it better to just stay out the way." Her face lit up when she mentioned her dad antics. "You saw Tia. Err, I think she opened the door for you."

"Yeah, I don't think she liked me." His shoulder slumped at the memory.

"I'm sure that's not true. Anyway, she is always at home. She works at Capital Hill. When you take a job there, your vacation days never get used up and she hates being alone."

"I guess you need a hard exterior to work at the White House."

"Yup." Y/n agreed. "And you met Lara. I've known her since we were infants. And her boyfriend. They're both doing their PhD's at Georgetown."

Spencer chuckled. "You know it took me close to thirty minutes to get the car and go up to your apartment. This lady walking her dog just over there," Spencer pointed to the area of Y/n street where he had been parked. "Kept looking at me. I'm sure she thought I was a stalker or something."

"You do kind of give off that vibe," Y/n joked.

Spencer pulled up the car in front of Y/n's building. "We're here," he sighed. For the first time he notice how the warm glow from the street lamp cascaded on to Y/n face and her eyes looked like they were glistening.

Y/n took off her seat belt and exited the car. "Thank for the ride," she said before closing the door.

What she wasn't expecting was for Spencer to get out too. "If it's alright with you, can I walk you to your door? I would feel more comfortable knowing that you got inside your apartment. Or not you don't... we don't... I don't have too." Spencer began rambling.

Y/n watched his in amusement. "Spencer... You can... walk me up."

"Okay," Spencer put his hand in his pocket.

"Okay," she repeated, taking the stairs up to her building's lobby.

The pair didn't talk as they waited for the elevator. Or as they rode the elevator up to Y/n's floor. Or when they walked to her front door."

"You wanna to know something?" Y/n said breaking the silence.

"Yes," Spencer had been waiting for her to say something first. He peered at her as they approached her apartment.

"Tia wouldn't stop asking about you when you came over last time. She was convinced that we had been secretly seeing each other. She concocted this whole narrative in her head that you had finally had enough of me making is sneak around. That's why you showed that day, unannounced." Y/n rolled her eyes but maintained her smile.

"Really?" Spencer grinned at the thought.

"Yeah. Maybe she should be a screenplay writer not a politician," Y/n quirked.

Reaching her door, Y/n slotted her keys and opened the door a fraction.

"Wait... Spencer?" Y/n grabbed his arm.

Spencer looked down at her hand. "Yes?"

"Would you...um... want to go out with me on Friday?" Her voice rose an octave to cover her anxiousness.

A smile crept on to Spencer's face. "I thought you would never take the hint. It only took you 479 days to ask me."

"So, I that a yes." Y/n blushed.

"Yes! It's a mother fucking yes," a voice screeched from inside the apartment. Tia flung open the door and peered out. When she spotted Spencer, she leapt up in the air. "I knew it," she squealed. "I knew it. I knew there was some type of tension between you too. Lara I was right," Tia raced back inside the apartment.

"Well, that was awkward. You can totally say no now," Y/n itched the back of her neck and looked at her feet.

Spencer walked up to Y/n, until they were toe to toe. He lifted her chin so that her eyes met his. "I hope this is an appropriate way to answer."

Spencer leaned down, closing the space between them. Spencer pressed his lips to Y/n's. He was so gentle like he was handing glass, that his hands barely ghosted Y/n's cheeks. Y/n heart began racing. She rested one hand on top of Spencer's and the other in his hair, indicating to him that he she wasn't so delicate. Almost immediately, his movements became more desperate, more aggressive. He pressed harder, making Y/n stagger backward, but he caught her and held her up by wrapping his hand around her lower back, his lips never detaching from his. When Y/n's lips parted, Spencer's tongue instantly dragged across her lips. They continued until their lungs ran out of air.

They pulled back, completely out of breath, finally opening their eyes.

"That was worth going to prison for," Spencer panted between breaths.

Y/n bit her lip.

Spencer groaned. "Don't do that. It's going to make it so much harder not to do that again." He outlined her lips with his thumb.

Y/n smiled, tilted her head and pressed a chaste kiss on Spencer's cheek. She let her hair fall like a curtain around her face, so that Spencer couldn't see how much he affected her. "Goodnight," she whispered, the adrenaline making it hard to speak.

"Goodnight," he called after her.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

754K 19.9K 41
━━━━ ππ€πˆππŠπˆπ‹π‹π„π‘ 〝 you know, your brain actually begins to deteriorate by age twenty-seven. γ€ž 〝 you must be...
1M 31.1K 97
π‚π€π‘πƒπˆπ†π€π - casey willows, the nepo baby of the BAU, starts an internship at the fbi in quantico with the team she's known since she was you...
273K 4.5K 52
JJ confessed her feelings for Spencer. The problem is they are both already married. Will JJ's confession derail Spencer's life? Will he act on his...
461K 11.7K 26
||psychopathy|| a neuropsychiatric disorder marked by deficient emotional responses, lack of empathy, and poor behavioral controls, commonly resultin...