Burning Betrayal

By frnchtoast

❝ I know you recognized me because, behind the mask that you wore that night, I immediately knew who you were... More

Burning Betrayal
β€ŒβΈ™ΝŽΫ«Ϋͺ β€Œ| Prologue
01 | Run, Chase
02 | Meet Clyde Harper
03 | Meet Cedric Harper
04 | Nervous Heartbeats
05 | January 5α΅—Κ°
07 | Meet Jake Florence
08 | Let's Play, Clare
09 | Whitened Eyes
10 | Clare's Journal
11 | Numb Corpse
12 | Happy 13α΅—Κ°
13 | Corner Scribble
14 | Clare's Death Wish
15 | Unexpected News
16 | Her Name
17 | Privacy Invaded
18 | Dream of Me, Clare
19 | Wake Up, Clare
20 | Inform Her, Chase
21 | Welcome Back, Guest
22 | Remember Him, Chase
23 | Last Decision
24 | Lowlife Creature
25 | Cedric, I'm Inside
26 | Please, Spare Some Mercy
27 | The Young Boy
28 | The Truth Untold
29 | Riley, Why?
30 | Shoot me, Riley
31 | You're Not Helping
32 | Chase, Just Let Go
33 | Ranging Thoughts
34 | Collar Bone
35 | Addicting, right?
36 | You're Not Real
37 | A Gust Of Pitch Black
38 | Heaven And Hell
39 | Goodbye, Beloved
40 | The Bubble Who Vanished
41 | Meet Evelyn Florence
42 | Let's Go Home

06 | Giggle, Clare

88 11 4
By frnchtoast

A CRYING INFANT bombarded Chase's eardrums causing him to wake from his slumber. He was lying in the middle of the road, clueless as to why he was there in the first place.

The blinding sunrise waved at his eyelids inciting them to close tightly. His head was pounding like someone stabbed him hundreds — no, millions of times.

Sitting up, he then touched his forehead. His fingertips caressed a bulky well and when he pushed his finger towards it, the long figure went inside. He sat there, frightened.

"It didn't hurt," he thought, "but how..."

The infant's crying suddenly stopped when he saw a young girl opening a window from the house beside him. With the finger still in his forehead, he stood up and walked towards the opening of the structure.

He saw a petite baby being carried by a young girl that seemingly looked like she's around the age of five or six. They were sitting on a sofa watching TV. Beside them is a boy, who looked like a young teenager, playing a game on a phone.

"Am I dreaming?" he asked out of curiosity.

He slowly pulled his finger away from his forehead and no blood was seen. Giggles from the infant were then heard.

"Jake, Clare's laughing! I think she likes Spongebob," the young lass enthusiastically announced.

The boy was more focused on his phone so he did not react to her statement.

Chase Harper then decided to stick his finger inside the hole as he slowly pulled it out once more. Clare Florence kept on giggling at the funny lad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.3K 2.6K 62
Book 2 of The Color Series [This book is the sequel to Chasing Blue. It cannot be read as a stand-alone. Since this part contains spoilers, it is adv...
498 113 65
❝ She wanted a fresh start, He wanted normalcy, But their past had other plans. ❞ ~~~ For the majority of her life, Gabriella had to endure all the t...
1.4M 41.2K 53
Calliope has one job: to hunt the supernatural terrorizing mankind. What she never anticipates is being drawn to the same creature she seeks to end. ...
34.8K 1.2K 67
"You have a name, don't you?" his voice was deep and irritable, but rather calm. Her eyes lifted just slightly, now staring at the edges of dark hair...