Battle scars (Bucky Barnes x...

By Bluewonder88

COMPLETED What happens when you add a third to the dynamic duo of Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes? Y/n was best... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
The end (for now)

Chapter 73

2.5K 78 71
By Bluewonder88

"Here, you good?" Sam gives you a hand and pulls you to your feet as you hold the side of your face. You then move your hand to your side again as you feel the warm blood seeping through your shirt.

"Not again" you sighed.

"Did you know they could do that?" Sam asked Bucky while he picked up the arm again and put it back on his shoulder, swinging it around once to reset.

"No." He tells the falcon. "Woah, what happened to you?" His attention was immediately turned to you as you stumbled against the wall for support. He walked towards you and helped you up and towards the couch again.

"You all right, man?" Lamar stood over his friend.

"They weren't even Super Soldiers." Walker sighs in defeat.

"Come on." The two leave Zemo's place in defeat.

"I can't believe he pulled an El Chapo." Sam looks to the bathroom where Zemo escaped through the sewer.

"I can." Bucky grabs the first aid kit from the room before moving back to you. Sweat glistened your forehead. "Here" he sat next to you and opened the kit. His blue eyes scanned yours for permission as his hand moved to the bottom of you shirt. You gave him a simple nod before closing your eyes and wincing in pain as he cleaned the wound again. "Well the good news is, it's healing."

"But?" You open one eye to look at him.

"But it needs to be rested if it's going to fully heal"

"Great" I sighed. He stood up and pulled me to my feet again.

"Come on" he handed you your jacket and moved to grab his own.

"We need a place to lay low for a few days until we get a new lead" Sam speaks up as you walk into the streets, carrying your bags.

"I saw a hotel not too far from here, I'm sure we can get some rooms for the night" you tell them.

"Sounds like a plan" Sam agreed as Bucky nodded. You all checked into the small hotel, booking two rooms with a room connecting them. "Why do I have to share a room with the cyborg who has a staring problem" Sam sighs, unlocking the door.

"Because y/n needs her privacy. And I don't like having to share a room with you either bird brain"

"Boys be nice" you warned in a motherly way.

"Yeah Bucky" Sam pushes.

"Sam" you give him a stern look and he backs off, opening the door for the two of them.

You had all stayed the night, trying to get some good sleep but all failing miserably aside from the falcon who had passed out the instant his head hit the pillow. The next morning you sat up to note that your wound had almost completely heal, thanks to the super soldier serum.

"About damn time" you commented, still taking it easy as to not rip it open now that it was almost healed.

"Sorry we don't wake up at the crack of dawn" Sam stepped into your room.

"What? No I wasn't talking about you"

~~~

"She said what? Right. Hold on, hold on. I know, I know. Listen, pack an overnight bag and take the boys." Sam panics into his phone. You had all taken to the streets again as Sam answered the call from his sister.

"What happened?" You question.

"Karli called Sarah, she threatened my nephews." Sam explains, pulling phone from his ear for a moment. "Okay. Go somewhere safe, only pay cash. All right? Let me know when you get there. I know. Look, I love you, I'll never let anything happen to you and the boys, you know that. Okay. Bye." He ends the call. "Karli wants to meet, she left a contact number." Sam's phone dings as he tells you this. "She said come alone." He shows the text.

"We're coming with you." Bucky states on behalf of you and him.

"Then let's suit up"

~~~

"Karli!" Sam shouts as you all storm into another courtyard, in your suits.

"Up there" you point out as the red head on the second floor.

"You called my sister? That's how we're gonna play this?" Sam questions her when you reach her as you and Bucky move to get a different angle on Karli.

"Sam, I would never hurt her, I just wanted to understand you better. I see you, um, didn't come alone." She notes.

"You have to end this now"

"I don't wanna hurt you, you're just a tool in the regimes I'm looking to destroy. You're not hiding behind a shield. If I were to kill you, it'd be meaningless." Karli speaks as Sam looks back at you and Bucky. "I was gonna ask you to join me. Or do the world a favor and let me go."

"Hey, Sam, new Cap is moving, looks like he's found them, or maybe they found him." Sharon reports to Sam through comms.

"It's Walker." Sam looks back at you and Bucky. Bucky takes the leap and jumps off the second floor to be tackled into the wall by karli. Sam and you drop in next to him, the falcon taking the lead on fighting Karli as you rush to help Bucky up.

"I'll send you the location. Go!" Sam orders you both as you go to take off running.

On your way up the stairs with Bucky you were shoved into the wall by a flag smasher.

"Go!" You tell Bucky with a wave before the man behind you pulls you into a head lock. You kick back on the wall and push him into the pillar behind you, making him let go of his grip around your head. You spin and kick him down the flight of stairs, turning around to find Bucky watching in awe. You jump down the stairs and kick him through a brick wall where he falls unconscious. "Stay there" you tell him. "I thought I told you to go" you run back up to find Bucky in the same place as when you began to fight.

"Right sorry" he shook his head and followed you, running up the stairs again. When you join the battle upstairs with John and Sam a knife is thrown in between your and Bucky's heads, luckily Bucky caught it before it could do any harm. "I got this" he tells you as he stares down a flag smasher. They begin to fight in hand to hand combat with their knifes as you go off to take down some others.

"You're welcome." You tell Sam after punching down a woman who was running at his back. At that moment Karli runs in with anger, only to be tackled down by Lamar. With all of her anger and force she punched him back into a pillar as everything seems to freeze. Your attention is all turned to the man on the ground. The man holding John back, let's go as he rushes to his friend.

"Hey, hey, hey. Lemar. Lemar." He tries to wake up his friend but Lamars head falls low. The flag smashers take this as their cue to run and leave the scene. You and your teammates move to chase Karli while John has other plans. He jumps out of the window and finds the flag smasher who held him back, chasing him through the streets.

You run out into the town square just in time to see Walker pin a man under his foot on the stairs.

"It wasn't me! It wasn't me!" The man cries helplessly. Your face falls as you watch John Walker kill an innocent man in the streets with Steve's shield. You stumble back into Bucky and Sam who had finally caught up. Bucky grabs onto your arm to stabilize you before pulling you into his chest so that you don't have to look any longer. John adjusts the bloody shield on his arm as the crowd watches.

"Oh my god" you gasped for air, sobbing into your best friends chest as he smoothed out the hair that had fallen from your braid.

You and your boys followed John into an old abandoned train station where you walked in on him, on his knees with the shield in his hands.

"Time to go to work" John stands up and starts walking towards you three.

"Walker" Sam starts gently.

"You guys should see a medic, you don't look so good." He moves to walk past you.

"Stop, Walker." Sam orders.

"What? You saw what happened. You know what I had to do. I killed him because I had to! He killed Lamar!"

"He didn't kill Lamar, John" you remind him as gently as Sam had been speaking before you. Your body still shook faintly from the events only moments prior but you kept on a stern face.

"Don't go down that road. Believe me, it doesn't end well." Bucky continues for you.

"I'm not like you."

"Listen, it was the heat of the battle. Okay? If you explain what happened, they may consider your record. We don't want anyone else to get hurt. John you gotta give me the shield, man." Sam tells him with some more edge to his voice now.

"Oh, so that's what this is, you almost got me."

"You made a mistake."

"You don't wanna do this." Walker tells you as if he was an all powerful being.

"Yeah, we do." Bucky looks up with determination.

————————————————
Question of the day: what were your reactions to watching Walker kill that man with the shield?

I personally was shocked when I watched it and couldn't believe I had to wait another week to find out what happened next. I have started to write out the next marvel story which will be reader is Wandas sister so that should be out in a few weeks if I can keep my focus haha.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76K 2.9K 21
When SHIELD agent Y/N helped Captain America readjust to the modern world, she was full of optimism and hope. Then she saw the destruction and devast...
1M 31K 27
(Book one) When Anna Smith enrolled in the army, she was best friends with Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers. She left them to follow a dream of becoming...
79K 3K 36
Bucky Barnes served in World War Two. Sadly, he fell to his death. He was recovered and revived by HYDRA. On the run, scared, and ready to break at...
986K 33.4K 33
Confused, the Winter Soldier, aka Bucky, wonders around the streets of New York. He can't go back to HYDRA, they would wipe his memory again. And he...