Battle scars (Bucky Barnes x...

By Bluewonder88

COMPLETED What happens when you add a third to the dynamic duo of Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes? Y/n was best... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
The end (for now)

Chapter 67

2.7K 88 33
By Bluewonder88

"Sharon, wait. Someone recreated the super-soldier serum and Zemo had a lead." Sam blocks her shot at the criminal.

"That explains why you guys are here. And Selby's dead."

"So what are you doing here?" Bucky asked, stepping in front of you protectively to prevent the woman's shot at you if she missed her target.

"I stole Steve's shield, remember? I also took the wings for your ass, so that you could save his ass from his ass. Unlike you, I didn't have the Avengers to back me up. So I'm off the grid in Madripoor." She argues. "And it looks like you got away perfectly fine" she looks to you from behind Bucky.

"Hey, don't blow that smoke at me. We were on the run, too." Sam steps in to defend you both.

"Was. Is. Big difference. I don't speak to my family anymore, I can't. My own father doesn't know where I am." Sharon tells you.

"Listen Sharon, we need your help." You tell her as she laughs in your face.

"Please?" Bucky helps you to convince her.

"This isn't over." She sighs, lowing her weapon. "I have a place in High Town, you'll be safe there for a while." She starts walking off as you look to each other. Sam pushes Zemo ahead of him as you all follow behind Sharon.

"Looks like breaking all those laws is treating you well." Sam comments as you walk through a gallery.

"At some point, I thought if I had to hustle, I might as well enjoy the life of a real hustler. You know how much I'll get for a real Monet?" Sharon leads you upstairs.

"Easy, deactivate your hustle mode, you sell fake Monets." Sam observes.

" No. She means real. This gallery is specialized in stolen artwork, Monet, Van Gogh, Classics." Zemo speaks up.

"It's true." Bucky steps in.

"You know, half the artwork in museums like the Louvre is fake. Real stuff sits in places like this." You tell them.

"Okay, guys, I see what you're doing. You're more worldly than good old Sam." Sam shouts out.

"Yeah. What's Google say?" Bucky walks past as Sam pulls out his phone.

"No shit." Sam looks to him.

"Come on. You guys need to change and you need to tend to that." Sharon nods to your side where you have realized that you bleed through the dress because of your wound opening up again. "I'm hosting clients in an hour." Sharon called back as you kept walking, groaning at the annoyance of your wound. 

"Great"

"This will suit you much better" Sharon hands you a comfortable, yet stylish outfit that you can fight in if necessary. "Oh and I'll bring the first aid kit into the next room." She tells you, walking out.

"Thanks" you nod to her before changing and following her back to the room with the boys.

"Much better." She told commented, looking you up and down.

"What's going on, Sharon?" Sam pulled a shirt off the rack. "You don't ever wanna come back home?"

"They'll lock me up if I step foot back in the States. Madripoor doesn't allow extradition." She explains as you take a seat next to Bucky on the couch, he wore an all black suit.

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't call, but after The Blip and the chaos, I just..." Sam trails off. You lift your shirt enough to see the bloodied gauze and sigh, moving to open the first aid kit that sat on the coffee table.

"Look, you know the whole hero thing is a joke, right? I mean, the way you gave up that shield, deep down, you must know it's all hypocrisy."

"He knows. And not so deep down." Zemo speaks up once again.

"By the way, how is the new Cap?" Sharon asked.

"Don't get me started." Bucky rolls his head back.

"Please, you buy into all that stars and stripes bullshit." She scoffs. "Before you were his pet psychopath, you were Mr. America! Cap's best friend." Sharon sits on the other side of Bucky and throws her arm over the back of the couch, biting her lip as she looked to him.

"Wow. She's kind of awful now." Bucky commented. You simply rolled your eyes at the action before Sam continued with the real problem.

"Karli Morgenthau and at least seven others have taken the serum."

"You guys really should steer clear of all of this for your own safety." Sharon warns.

"We know it's a risk, but we're not gonna leave until we find the person who cracked the code." You start, opening the supplies before you.

"We got a name. Wilfred Nagel." Bucky continued as Sharon looked to him with a worry.

"Nagel works for the Power Broker." The blond woman stands up.

"We need your help, Sharon. I can get your name cleared." Sam promises.

"You haggling with my life?"

"Not like that."

"I don't buy that. You pretending like you can clear my name."

"Okay, maybe it is hypocrisy. Maybe you're right, what happened to you. But I'm willing to try if you are. They cleared the bionic staring machine, and he killed almost everybody he's met." Sam motions to Bucky.

"I heard that." He calls back while you peel the gauze off your side.

"I don't trust charity."

"All right, a deal then. You help us out, and I get your name cleared." Sam proposed. She shakes on the deal and takes a drink before starting up again.

"Well, I sell to some pretty connected people. Lay low, blend in, enjoy the party. Try to stay outta trouble. I'll see what I can find." She walks out.

"Trouble." Zemo said.

"You alright?" Bucky questioned as you winced in pain.

"Yeah, I'm fine" your voice cracked as you spoke. The hydrogen peroxide was stinging your wound as you attempted to clean it up.

"Here, may I?" He questioned, adjusting his seat so that he was facing you more. You just closed your eyes and nodded as he cleaned up the wound and bandaged it up again. "How's that feel? Better?" You opened your eyes to meet how worry filled blue ones.

"Thanks" you nodded, pulling your shirt back down to cover the bandage. "Looks like it's party time" you stand up from your spot as Bucky carefully watched your movements. You all walk down to the gallery as blue and purple lights are flashing, people are dancing close to each other and loud music is playing. You walk over to the bar and order a drink.

"I thought you didn't drink before missions" Bucky laughed as you downed the liquid.

"Well it's been a long, painful day and it only getting longer" you stated before turning to look at the crowd.

"Hey, I'm sorry about what you had to watch earlier"

"It's fine" you tell him.

"No it's not! Those were the worst years of my life and not only because of working for Hydra and being brainwashed but because I hurt you as the winter soldier so many times" he starts to rant.

"Bucky, I'm fine and as far as you've told me, your fine so can we please just move on from that and finish the mission so that I can go back to the way things were a few days ago."

"Do you really want to go back to that?"

———————————————————————
Question of the day: do you think y/n will go back to the way things were before?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266K 5.5K 36
The Avengers go on vacation when pent up feelings are finally released between Bucky and Y/N. What will their future together bring?.. Bucky & Y/N I'...
1M 31K 27
(Book one) When Anna Smith enrolled in the army, she was best friends with Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers. She left them to follow a dream of becoming...
693 39 37
Maddie is a beloved member of the avengers and an especially close friend of Bucky Barnes. However, will one mission send her spiralling as her past...
3K 128 16
My second Marvel / Bucky Fanfic! Hope you enjoy! ***COMPLETED*** You are best friends with Bucky and Steve since you were 5 years old. You three we...