My Heartbeat (✔)

By rose_new

It is a love at first sight story of a perfect businessman, who believes in perfection in his work. His world... More

Chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 60 (Part-2)
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
New Story
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3
A New Story update
Bonus Chapter 4
Bonus Chapter 6
Bonus Chapter 7
Bonus Chapter 8

Bonus Chapter 5

2.9K 132 25
By rose_new

Author's pov :

It's a new fresh morning.

Amu is watering the plants in the garden and carefully inspecting new plants she planted recently a few days back. 

She already attended the interview for assistant researcher three days back and gave her best in it.

Today, she got a call from them saying she got selected and asked her to join next Monday. She is really happy and excited about the new job.

She is planning to rent a place near her job location as it would be more convenient, but it is not easy to convince her di and jiju on this matter. She is looking for a chance to spill this matter with them.

.

.

One month later:

These days Yash is frequently visiting Arjun's house. He is trying for a chance to speak with Amulya alone but Amu is completely ignoring him. He hardly gets a glimpse of her.

She would always be at her workplace or out of town on some research work.

For Yash's mercy, she is behaving like the best employee of the year.

Another side :

Amu and Rakesh are returning from a small research trip.

At present Rakesh and his team is researching on some rare plants. Rakesh and Amulya are travelling to different nearby small villages to collect the plant samples.

Amu for sure liked the work. Doing work close to nature is something she loves the most. Travelling long-distance now and then is a little tiring but it is also cool to see different places and various plant species.

"Rakesh, stop somewhere. Let's have a cup of coffee." Amu said yawning.

She is really sleepy.

Rakesh nodded his head and stopped near a cafe.

They both got down and went into the cafe.

"What do you want to drink? " Rakesh asked.

" Cappuccino. " Amu answered sleepily.

"Ok. Get seated. I will bring coffee for us." Rakesh said dragging a chair for her like a gentleman.
.
.
.
.
He came back along with their coffee and burgers.

"Hey sleeping beauty wakes up your coffee is here." He said waking sleeping Amu.

Amu woke up and grabbed her coffee drinking it like a cute kid.

"You are looking like a cute baby panda," Rakesh said slightly pinching her cheeks and laughing at her reaction.

In this month time, they both became close friends. Rakesh is a jovial person who also lits up his surrounding atmosphere with his jokes and pranks.

Rakesh has a huge crush on Amu from the time he saw her picture in the magazine and her article while working in London. This is one of the reasons he recognised her instantly in the restaurant that night.  

Till now he neither confessed nor behaved as such with her but he always admires her silently.

They both enjoyed their coffee and burger in silence.

.
.
.
After completing their coffee they came out.

"Now it feels so refreshing. " Amu said stretching her body a little.

"Yup. " Rakesh said nodding his head and moved to bring his car from the parking slot.

They both got seated in the car.
.
.
.
"Bye Amu. The next two days are Saturday and Sunday. Take complete rest." Rakesh advised her softly after reaching Arjun house.

"Ok captain. " Amu said saluting.

They both burst into a laugh.

"Ok bye. Drive safe." Amu said getting down.

Amu started to go inside after sending off Rakesh.

Yash's eyes are burning with rage seeing the scene of their laughing together and Amu sending him off. He is already mad at her for accepting that idiot's job offer and going on trips with him. Now seeing them close is enough to rise his temper.

Amu smile converted into a neutral expression seeing Yash at the doorstep.

"I think your smile is only reserved for your new friend. " Yash commented sarcastically.

Amu just ignored his statement and started to go inside.

Yash blocked her way frustratedly.

"Enough of this ignoring and this hide and seek Amu. " Yash said holding her hand in a tight grip.

 "What do you want?" Amu asked maintaining her calm.

"You. I want to talk with you." He said genuinely.

"About what? I think there is nothing between us to talk about." Amu said trying to release her hand from his grip.

Yash dragged her slowly along with him to the garden area.

"What is this nonsense? Leave me." Amu shouted.

"Shsh... What are you doing with that idiot?" He asked her after reaching the garden area.

"Which idiot?" Amu asked raising her eyebrow.

"The idiot under whom you are working. " Yash answered angrily.

"You yourself said the answer. I'm working under him. So obviously we are returning from the work. Moreover, he is not an idiot. Mind your language." Amu answered in a warning tone.

"Yo...u You are warning me for him. In this whole city, you only found a job in the place he is also working?" Yash asked.

"Yes. What is your problem? He offered me a job. I went for the interview. I got selected. Now I'm working along with him." Amu said in a casual tone.

"Everything is the problem. He offering you the job. You accepting it and working with him. Going trips with him. Everything." Yash shouted frustratedly.

"What is it a problem to you?" Amu asked.

"Because you are my girlfriend. I can't see my girlfriend close with any other guy." Yash said.

"Hahaha...." Amu kept laughing.

"Wow. Nice joke." Amu mocked.

"For your kind information, we broke up 3 years back." She said in a strict tone.

"I never accepted it back then. You alone can't make the decision for two of us." He said.

"You're speaking as I have dumped you. More than anyone you are the one who wants to get away from our relationship back then. I'm a fool who kept hanging to you." She said with teary eyes.

"No. You are not a fool. I'm a fool. A fool who does not know the worth of true love. A fool who doesn't realise his true feelings and continued hurting the one who I love more than anything. " He said holding her hands.

Amu tried to get out of his grip. Yash dragged her more closely to him.

"I never get a chance to see my real mother. But I never really missed her maybe because I never knew how it feels to have her. My dad is both my mother and father figure to me. Arjun's mother is also like a mother to me. These both never let me feel like I have no mother but whenever I saw my dad silently crying holding my mother's photo every night, I wished her to come back. I innocently prayed every night for God to return my mother to me because I don't want my dad to cry. I used to believe my mother went to god, so I prayed. Prayed and prayed but no. She never returned. "

"I thought she is so selfish to leave my dad who loved her so dearly. I used to hate her for not coming back seeing my dad in pain. Then I decided I would never love a woman so deeply as my dad did. After I grew up, I realised it not my mother's mistake. No one has the power to come back from death but I still stubbornly stood with my decision. " He said looking directly into Amu's eyes.

Amu remained silent seeing the pain in his eyes.

He continued further.

"That is the reason. I never took any relationship seriously. I just enjoyed flirting and going on friendly dates. When you proposed to me, I never thought you will be so serious with your feelings. I started enjoying my time in your company. I started looking forward to spending my time with you. This is the one that scared me the most. My ego never let me accept my true feelings. I started to look for ways to distinct myself from you. I kept saying myself I can leave without you."

"But no, I realised it when you finally left me. My heart pained when I see the eyes which I saw with so much love are know with no emotions. I'm sorry Amu. Sorry for causing so much pain to you. Sorry for being such a fool." He said hugging her tightly letting his pain out in the form of tears.

They reminded in the same position for some time.

Amu heart is paining seeing him in lots of pain but she is afraid that if once again she will be reminded alone in their relationship. Her heart can't bear another blow.

She forcibly separated herself from him and run inside controlling her tears.

********************************
Hope you all are doing well.

What do you think about the chap?

Take care. Stay home. Stay safe.

Hope we overcome this pandemic situation soon.

Bye. See you all in the next chapter. Take Care.

Keep Smiling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

833K 42.5K 82
This book contains triggering things like stalking, I don't know what I was thing while writing this. And I was a stupid teenager. Sorry for that! P...
140K 7.1K 37
"Why don't you understand? I want you to be happy, you fool." **** On the surface, Arpita was a calm, smart, independent woman, living a simple life...
74.3K 5.1K 26
ᴀ ᴅᴏᴄᴛᴏʀ ɪs ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ's ʟɪғᴇ. ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪs ɪᴍᴍᴏʀᴀᴛᴀʟ. ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡɪɴs ᴀʟʟ. sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ, ғᴏʀ ᴡʜᴏᴍ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪs ʜᴏʀᴍᴏɴᴀ...
FATE By Ken

Romance

94 13 9
ARNAV RAICHAND: a cold, deprived of love, just has aversion in his heart, has no room for anyone. he had closed his door of heart a long ago, now don...