Battle scars (Bucky Barnes x...

By Bluewonder88

COMPLETED What happens when you add a third to the dynamic duo of Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes? Y/n was best... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
The end (for now)

Chapter 64

2.8K 88 47
By Bluewonder88

"So what are you thinking?" Sam looked to Bucky who was seemingly deep in thought.

"Well, I know what we have to do. When Isaiah said 'my people'" Bucky starts.

"Oh, don't take that to heart, that's not what he meant." Sam cut in.

"No, he meant HYDRA. HYDRA used to be my people." You scoff at Bucky's words.

"Not a chance." You tell him sternly.

"Walker doesn't have any leads." Bucky continues.

"I know where you're going with this, no." You tell him once more.

"He knows all of HYDRA's secrets. Don't you remember Siberia?"

"Yes I remember Siberia, I was there" you remind him, shivering at the memory.

"So you're just gonna go sit in a room with this guy?" Sam asked him, ignoring your protests.

"Yes." Bucky hesitates, glancing at you.

"Okay, then. We're gonna go see Zemo." Sam states. You start walking ahead of the two in frustration.

"Y/n, come on!" Bucky called after you, catching your wrist in his metal hand but immediately dropping it, not wanting to hurt you. You whip around to face the brunette with a stern gaze through teary eyes. "We have to do this"

"I can't watch him mess with you mind, not again"

"You won't have to, I promise" he looks to you with sincerity in his blue eyes.

Berlin, Germany

"He's just through that corridor." The guard pointed you and the boys down the hallway.

"All right. Give us a sec." Bucky tells the guard and he leaves you three alone. "I'm gonna go in alone." The brunette starts.

"Why?" You question.

"'Cause you're an Avenger, you know how he feels about that." Bucky nods to Sam. "And well, you worked with shield for a number of years, trust me okay?" Bucky looks to you as he speaks this time.

"Look, it's not like you two were known for frolickin' in the sun together." Sam points out.

"He was obsessed with HYDRA. We have a history together. Trust me, I got it." With that he walks off to Zemos cell. You and Sam both move to lean against the wall as you wait. Sam notices you tense up as soon as Bucky is out of your line of sight.

"He'll be fine" Sam reminds you. The guard speaks German to the other security guard before the door is buzzed open.

"Желание. (Longing.)" Zemo starts as he stands from the shadows. "Ржавый. (Rusted.)" he takes a step forward. "Семнадцать. (Seventeen.)"

"Those days are over." Bucky tells him from the other side of the glass barrier.

"I know. I just wanted to see how the new you reacts to the old words." Zemo steps up to face Bucky. "Something is still in there. At least you were not conscious for most of your imprisonment."

"That time wasn't exactly a picnic."

"For what it's worth, I'm sorry. It was never personal, you were simply a means to a necessary end."

"Someone recreated the super-soldier serum, I need to find out who." Bucky informs the prisoner.

"You are assuming HYDRA has something to do with this, which is why you came to me, which means you are desperate. Luckily for you, I know where to begin." Zemo tells him.

~~~

"What are you talking about? You wanna break Zemo outta jail?"

"Where the hell are we, Buck? Have you lost your mind?" You and Sam question the super soldier back and forth as you walk through a dark place with only the light of your flashlights.

"We have no leads, no moves, nothing." Bucky explains.

"What we have is one of the most dangerous men in the world behind bars." Sam reasons.

"And we also have eight Super Soldiers that are loose."

"Zemo's gonna mess with our minds, especially yours, no offence." Sam tells Bucky as they find the light switch and pull it on.

"Offence. Super Soldiers go against everything he believes in. He is crazy, but he still has a code." Bucky said to Sam.

"I've been on the wrong side of that code, Buck and so have you. He blew up the UN, he killed King T'Chaka and framed you for it. Did you forget that? You think the Wakandans forgot about it? It's a rhetorical question, they didn't. I know why this matters to you, but it's pushing you off the deep end." You step in to talk down your friend.

"We don't know how they're gettin' the serum. We don't even know how many of them there are. Look, let me just walk you through a hypothetical. Can I walk you through a hypothetical?" Bucky asks as you look him in the eyes.

"What did you do?" You ask sternly.

"I didn't do anything." He claims, avoiding your eyes, telling you that he did something and he's not telling you. "The weakest point in any system isn't the software, the hardware, it's the meatware. The human element. Now, in this lockup, it's nine to one, prisoners to guards. And if two prisoners start fighting, then the protocol says four guards have to respond." Bucky starts to explain to you and Sam.

"So why would two prisoners randomly start fighting at that moment?"

"Who knows? There could be many reasons..." Bucky trails as you raise your eyebrows at him, knowing he set something up. "But the point is, these things escalate. Lockdown procedures would have to be initiated, and with all those bodies flying around left and right, wouldn't be hard to slip down a hallway or two." Bucky told you. "And if the fire alarm got tripped while the prisoners were being separated someone could use the chaos to their advantage." He continued.

"I don't like how casual you're bein' about this, this is unnatural. Are you—and where are we, man?" Sam starts.

"James Barnes what did you do?" You ask again, stepping towards the taller man threateningly. The sound of a door opening pulls your eyes to the side to find Zemo enter the garage. "Whoa. Whoa, whoa." You start heading towards Zemo with a look of determination in your eye. Bucky notes this and grabs you by the waist, preventing you from going any closer to him.

"No, listen." Bucky tries but you squirmed out of his grip and shoved him back a bit.

"What are you doin' here?" You point and accusing finger at the man who brainwashed your friend and tricked you all.

"I didn't wanna tell you 'cause I knew you wouldn't let this happen." Bucky steps between you and Zemo, blocking your route to the awful man.

"Of course I wouldn't let this happen! It has got to be the most stupid thing you have ever done, and that's saying a lot!" You snapped to the man before you. You turn around in frustration and run a hand over your face.

"What did you do?" Sam asked, trying to stay calm.

"We need him, guys." Bucky tells you both, causing you to rage again.

"You're going back to prison!" You shout at Zemo. "Let go of me!" You pull your arm from Bucky as he grabs it when you pointed.

"If I may" Zemo starts.

"No!" All three of you shout to him.

"Apologies"

————————————————
Question of the day: did you think it was a good idea to break Zemo out of prison?

I have recently been working on updating and writing my Spider-Man imagines book so if you are a marvel fan I would highly recommend checking it out and giving me some feedback!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 2.4K 24
Bucky and y/n POV As Tony Stark's younger sister you sure have his sarcasm and brains. Tony has kept you a secret to keep you safe from his enemies...
78.9K 3K 36
Bucky Barnes served in World War Two. Sadly, he fell to his death. He was recovered and revived by HYDRA. On the run, scared, and ready to break at...
266K 5.5K 36
The Avengers go on vacation when pent up feelings are finally released between Bucky and Y/N. What will their future together bring?.. Bucky & Y/N I'...
58.2K 1.9K 30
They've known each other their entire lives. But one thing after another years them apart. Will fate continue to bring them back together, or has the...