Battle scars (Bucky Barnes x...

By Bluewonder88

COMPLETED What happens when you add a third to the dynamic duo of Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes? Y/n was best... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
The end (for now)

Chapter 44

3.5K 118 87
By Bluewonder88

You started off again as Sam took action towards the kid. His wings were webbed up within a moment and he fell to the ground roughly.

"Those wings carbon fiber?" The Spider-Man landed after webbing Sam's arms to a railing.

"Is this stuff coming out of you?" Sam questioned with a tone of disgust.

"That would explain the rigidity-flexibility ratio, which, gotta say, that's awesome, man."

"I don't know if you've been a fight before but there's usually not this much talking."

"Alright, sorry, my bad." He swings down just as Bucky jumps in, knocking both men to the next floor down. He webbed Sam in a tight hug and Bucky's metal arm to the ground.

"Oh boys" you sigh, shaking your head as you watch from your hiding place.

"Guys, look. I'd love to keep this up but I've only got one job here today and I gotta impress Mr. Stark, so, l'm really sorry" Peter starts until Sam moves redwing to grab the kids wrist and pull him through the window. "Wwahhhh!"

"You couldn't have done that earlier?" Bucky sighs.

"I hate you." Sam glares at him.

"Be nice boys!" You scold, jumping down to their level. "Looks like you've both gotten yourself in a sticky situation" you laugh, seeing them all webbed up.

"Oh come on y/l/n, just help us" Sam groans.

"Alright, alright" you run over and help them get untangled. "We need to meet up with the others" you made your way outside.

"There's our ride." Clint points out, running to the Quinn jet.

"Come on!" Steve waves you three over as you run to join the group. You all come to a sudden halt when a beam of energy burns the ground before you. Looking up you notice a purple man flying, with the beam coming from his forehead.

"Captain Rogers. I know you believe what you're doing is right but for the collective good you must surrender now." Team iron man all arrive on the other side, blocking your escape.

"What do we do, Cap?" You ask, staring at the team ahead.

"We fight."

"This is gonna end well." Natasha comments sarcastically as both teams start towards each other, picking up pace as they go.

"They're not stopping." Peter points out.

"Neither are we." Tony takes off flying as everyone sprits towards each other. Everyone started to fight each other in the chaos of battle. The kid from earlier swung by as you and Bucky fought Tchalla and he pulled you off the ground.

"Oh my god!" You scream as your feet are no longer on solid ground.

"Y/n!" Bucky grows angry as the kid takes you away from him. Tchalla uses Bucky's distraction to forward on him but he snaps back on to focus just before the claws can hurt him.

"That's it you little bug" you push yourself off of him. "Sam I need a pick up!" You call while falling from the kids grip on you.

"What is with you and last minute warnings as you fall to your death?" He sighs, catching you before dropping you gently to a roll on the concrete. You simply looked towards Bucky who wore a small smile as he heard Sam's question, and shook off the memory of the first time you had saved Bucky from Hydra when he caught you from falling into the fire.

"Wanda a little back up please!" you call out to the witch. She takes your orders and begins throwing cars with her powers.

"I didn't kill your father." Bucky claimed as he and Tchalla had each other by the throat.

"Then why did you run?" He kicks Bucky back into a shipping crate where he falls to the ground. Tchalla moves for Bucky again but you grab ahold of his arm and throw him backwards.

"Hands off!" You shout.

"We gotta go. That guy's probably in Siberia by now." Bucky told Steve as the three of you hid behind some crates.

"We gotta draw out the flyers. I'll take Vision, you get to the jet." Steve ordered you both.

"No, you get to the jet! All three of you!" Sam called as he was chased by war machine in the sky.

"The rest of us aren't getting out of here."

"As much as I hate to admit it, if we're gonna win this one, some of us might have to lose it." Clint stated.

"This isn't the real fight, Steve." Sam reminded you.

"Alright, Sam, what's the play?"

"We need a diversion, something big."

"I got something kind of big, but I can't hold it very long. On my signal, run like hell. And if I tear myself in half don't come back for me." Scott told you all, leaving confused looks on your faces.

"He's gonna tear himself in half?" Bucky asked Steve.

"You're sure about this, Scott?"

"I do it all the time. I mean once, in a lab, then I passed out. I'm the boss. I'm the boss. I'm the boss. I'm the boss. I'm the BOSS!" He tells himself before you see a giant grab Rhode mid air.

"Okay, tiny dude is big now! He's big now!" Rhodes panicked.

"I guess that's the signal." Steve stood out from hiding.

"Way to go, Tic Tac!" Sam cheered.

"Give me back my Rhodey." Tony demanded like a toddler wanting his toy back.

As your trio runs towards the hanger, vision blasts a beam at the tower, causing it to fall in your path.

"Go!" Wanda shouts, holding it up with her powers before she drops it as war machine sends an ear piercing sound her way. You slid under just in time to be met with the black widow, waiting for you on the other side.

"You're not gonna stop." She looks to you.

"You know we can't." You tell her.

"I'm gonna regret this." She sighs, stunning Tchalla who had followed you. "Go." She tells you, causing the trio to run onto the Quinn jet before anything else can stop you. You raced to take the controls right away.

"You know how to fly this?" Steve questioned warily as you took the pilots seat.

"Better buckle up, this isn't going to be as bumpy as our car chase but safety first" you tell them, lifting off.

"What's gonna happen to your friends?" Bucky questioned, looking down as if he did something wrong.

"Whatever it is, I'll deal with it." Steve promised as you looked straight ahead to the clouded skies.

"I don't know if I'm worth all this"

"What you did all those years, it wasn't you. You didn't have a choice." Steve told him as you looked back for a second, to take in the traumatized mans face.

"I know. But I did it."

———————————————————
Question of the day: what did you think of Natasha helping Steve and Bucky?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

308K 7.3K 47
When Y/n moves into Avengers Tower on the same day as Steve's best friend, you and Bucky become fast friends. Looking at Bucky you want something mor...
1M 31K 27
(Book one) When Anna Smith enrolled in the army, she was best friends with Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers. She left them to follow a dream of becoming...
266K 5.5K 36
The Avengers go on vacation when pent up feelings are finally released between Bucky and Y/N. What will their future together bring?.. Bucky & Y/N I'...
7.5K 547 60
Bucky Barnes starts to remember his life before he became the Winter Soldier. After the events of Washington, he had wanted to run away and hide. He...