Battle scars (Bucky Barnes x...

By Bluewonder88

COMPLETED What happens when you add a third to the dynamic duo of Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes? Y/n was best... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
The end (for now)

Chapter 22

4.5K 167 121
By Bluewonder88

When you awoke, you sat strapped to a metal chair with a large machine around it.

"Welcome agent y/l/n" a woman smiles evilly. "You are the newest addition to our red room program" you gasped in fear, struggling against the straps but failing miserably. The machine clasped around your head and sent a shock wave through your body as you screamed out in pain.

~~~

For the past year you have been trained and tortured  by the red room. In a few day you were to graduate and become a full fledge red room assassin. Your life as a simple girl from Brooklyn was long gone now and your only goal in life was to survive and even still, that wasn't your top priority. Finishing the mission always comes first.

"Up!" You hear the woman known as madam Milan bark at you. You quickly stood at attention and awaited further instructions. "Get ready, training begins in fifteen minutes" she orders before leaving your room after un cuffing you from the bed. You rubbed your pained wrists before moving to make your bed and get changed into your training clothes.

"How nice of you to join us" mr Vladimir clapped as you entered the studio. After sparing with a larger man for hours you were ready for the next step.

"This will be your final test agent y/l/n" madam Milan told you with a blank expression. You nodded as you were handed a loaded gun. "You are to shoot this man and if you succeed you will go through the graduating ceremony tomorrow. If you fail, well, there will be consequences" she trails off, making you shiver at the thought and the coldness in her tone.

A poor man is shoved roughly into a chair as you aim the gun to his head. An agent from behind pulls off the bag over his head, revealing the mans scared eyes staring back at you. With a deep breath and blank face you pull the trigger.

"Congratulations agent y/l/n you will be graduating tomorrow" she told you with a nod as the gun was taken from you. You robotically moved back towards your room where you were once again handcuffed to the bed before sleep overtook you. The only image in your head was the face of the scared man who you had killed.

"Good morning agent y/l/n, it is time for your procedure" madam Milan woke you up but you couldn't move a muscle. Looking around frantically, you took in the sights as you were rushed down a hall. They were going to preform the procedure. Darkness overtook you once more when you entered the lab.

"Y/n! Y/n come on we have to go!" A British voice shook you out of your sleep.

"Peggy?" You questioned looking up at the woman.

"Yes, yes it's me Peggy, now we have to go! What the bloody hell did they do to you?" She questioned, helping you to sit up and off the table. You collapsed into her arms suddenly but were caught by none other than Dum Dum Dugan.

"Dugan?" You looked to him. He pulled your arm over his shoulders and helped you to walk out of the lab where you found Howard Stark and the rest of the howling commandos. "Stark? What's going on here?" You question, getting mad that nobody will tell you.

"You've been missing y/n, for almost a year" Peggy started softly. "Howard was taken just over a month ago by these people and we came to rescue him, when we heard you scream."

"They preformed a procedure on her" Howard told Peggy.

"What procedure?"

"They sterilized her as a graduating ceremony so that she feels nothing when out in the field as an assassin." He explains before looking down.

"Howard" Peggy urged.

"And they brought me in to recreate the super soldier serum, they must have given it to her" he sighs as you pushed yourself off of Dugan and could stand with perfect balance.

"Let's get you both back to SHIELD and discuss this later once we're all feeling better" Peggy instructed the group.

"SHIELD?"

"The strategic homeland intervention enforcement logistics division" Howard told you. "Peggy founded it with me a few months ago, it's still in the making but we can only work with what we've got" he explains before you all rush out of the red room facility.

~~~

"Hi, how are you holding up?" Peggy entered your small room on the base.

"I'm ready to discuss where we move from here" you tell her, standing quickly from your bed.

"Y/n, I really don't think that's best" she starts.

"Peggy" you give her puppy dog eyes that she can't resist.

"Okay okay, fine, follow me" she walks down the hall and into an open office where Howard and Sousa sit, waiting for you.

"Gentlemen" you nod, taking a seat.

"Agent y/l/n" Sousa reaches out to shake your hand but you make no movement to comply. "Alright then" he nods, pulling his hand back to rest on the table.

"Y/n can you tell is everything you remember?" Peggy asks.

"It was the night that Ana was shot, I sat outside to keep guard on Dottie when the trunk was flung open. She killed a police officer then kidnapped me and took me to the red room. Everyday for the past year I've woken up trained and went to sleep, occasionally being hurt and tortured in the process." You sigh with an explanation. "Oh my god" you gasp, suddenly remembering the events of days prior.

"What is it?" Peggy worry's at your instant change in mood.

"I killed a man" you raise a hand to your mouth with fear and tears well up in your eyes.

"That wasn't you" Peggy moved to rub your back gently but you flinched away.

"Don't touch me! I'm a monster!" You start to sob.

"Maybe we should take some more time before making a decision on what's best for you" Sousa suggested.

"I agree" Peggy nodded.

"If I may, I have an idea" Howard starts. "She's a super soldier now, that means she is dangerous" Peggy shoots him a quick glare. "In theory we could but her in a cyro freeze chamber, that would keep her alive and prevent her from hurting anyone until we take her out" Howard finished.

"No, absolutely not"

"Yes, I'll do it" you tell them, pulling their eyes back to you, making them remember that you are still in the room with them. "Put me in the freeze chamber and wake me when you need me" you tell them, having collected yourself enough to make the decision.

"I know you've lost a lot and been through hell but there has to be a better way" Peggy try's to reason with you.

"I'll become a SHIELD agent, you can train me before putting me in the ice. Then whenever you need me I'll be there to help and not hurt anyone else"

"Alright" she sighs. "Training begins tomorrow"

~~~

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Peggy asked, standing in front of you.

"Absolutely" you answer, standing in the chamber wearing your shield training outfit.

"I'll be right here when you wake up" she promises.

"I know" you smile to her before the container closes and the temperature drops fast. You let out one last breath of air as your body falls into a deep sleep.

———————————————
Question of the day: what do you think of y/n being a super soldier now?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

391K 7.2K 101
(If you want a story about Domestic Avengers and a Domestic Bucky, with some drama, fluff and spice then this is the book for you) Y/N is a new recr...
686 39 37
Maddie is a beloved member of the avengers and an especially close friend of Bucky Barnes. However, will one mission send her spiralling as her past...
1M 31K 27
(Book one) When Anna Smith enrolled in the army, she was best friends with Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers. She left them to follow a dream of becoming...
58.2K 1.9K 30
They've known each other their entire lives. But one thing after another years them apart. Will fate continue to bring them back together, or has the...