Burning Betrayal

By frnchtoast

❝ I know you recognized me because, behind the mask that you wore that night, I immediately knew who you were... More

Burning Betrayal
β€ŒβΈ™ΝŽΫ«Ϋͺ β€Œ| Prologue
01 | Run, Chase
02 | Meet Clyde Harper
04 | Nervous Heartbeats
05 | January 5α΅—Κ°
06 | Giggle, Clare
07 | Meet Jake Florence
08 | Let's Play, Clare
09 | Whitened Eyes
10 | Clare's Journal
11 | Numb Corpse
12 | Happy 13α΅—Κ°
13 | Corner Scribble
14 | Clare's Death Wish
15 | Unexpected News
16 | Her Name
17 | Privacy Invaded
18 | Dream of Me, Clare
19 | Wake Up, Clare
20 | Inform Her, Chase
21 | Welcome Back, Guest
22 | Remember Him, Chase
23 | Last Decision
24 | Lowlife Creature
25 | Cedric, I'm Inside
26 | Please, Spare Some Mercy
27 | The Young Boy
28 | The Truth Untold
29 | Riley, Why?
30 | Shoot me, Riley
31 | You're Not Helping
32 | Chase, Just Let Go
33 | Ranging Thoughts
34 | Collar Bone
35 | Addicting, right?
36 | You're Not Real
37 | A Gust Of Pitch Black
38 | Heaven And Hell
39 | Goodbye, Beloved
40 | The Bubble Who Vanished
41 | Meet Evelyn Florence
42 | Let's Go Home

03 | Meet Cedric Harper

106 14 4
By frnchtoast

A YOUNG LAD, around the age of sixteen, woke up from a nap when his older brother, Cedric Harper, called him from downstairs.

The boy went to the kitchen, where Cedric was, to ask him why he called. He was then baffled when he was told to buy alcohol from a nearby convenience store. Cedric knew his sibling wasn't allowed to go outside but his desire to drink made him forget the rule his dad told him.

Grabbing the money his brother gave him, the lad hurriedly went to the convenience store. When he opened the glass door, the cold air from the a/c hitched through his skin.

Various bottles of wine and alcohol were seen but his gaze was more fixated on the girl behind the cash register. Her brunette hair matched the color of her eyes and her button nose seemed perfect. Her lips, on the other hand, were plump - very kissable for the mindset of the lad. His vision then changed places when she caught him taking glances.

Now entering the store, he hid behind the stacked boxes of alcohol. His heart started beating irregularly. Even so, he still managed to have a small conversation with her whilst paying for the bottle.

Knowing her name and how she laughed already made the boy's day so at the age of sixteen, Chase Harper kept on buying from the convenience store just so he could talk to the girl behind the cash register.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261K 8.9K 45
He caressed my hair gently, his fingertips touching large chunks of silky strands, ❝I wanted to give you a chance to win and escape me. I couldn't w...
262K 2.5K 8
This is an erotic romance. Recommended 18+! Completed. Excerpt: His mouth was back on mine in an instant, the door behind us rattling loudly as he th...
33.3K 1.2K 67
"You have a name, don't you?" his voice was deep and irritable, but rather calm. Her eyes lifted just slightly, now staring at the edges of dark hair...
48.2K 2.6K 62
Book 2 of The Color Series [This book is the sequel to Chasing Blue. It cannot be read as a stand-alone. Since this part contains spoilers, it is adv...