Given With Love

By JoiMyers

This is a love story with made up characters. Shannon said .. Yes..I wanna find happiness but at what price... More

1 Jason pov
2. Run in heelsπŸ‘ πŸ‘‘
3's a crowd
4 Catching a wave πŸ„β€β™€οΈπŸ„β€β™‚οΈπŸŠβ€β™€οΈ
Argument x 2
🍹🍺Who gave you the right!!!🍾πŸ₯‚
7...ways to flirt
8 straight ways of denial
Our Final days in paradise !!
Eyes wide open!
Our last night in paradise
Flights and decisions
Home and smiling
interview part 1
interview part 2
interview part 3
She's a working women!
Ways to not lose your job !
This is my facial expression!
Work/ Personal space
Work work and more work
Day before our " Gala"
Gala part one.
Thank you ....
Sunday morning breath!

Gala part 2

1 1 0
By JoiMyers

My new dress above.

Once I get back home the girls are all waiting for me to see what u brought home for the gala only to be vetoed with my dream dress.
To be dressed in this hip hugging number. Blue is my color so I can't go wrong so I pull my eyes straight off to see my girls all dressed up and ready for these men waiting downstairs for us.
I hope nobody else has this dress on tonight.

Thinking about all the vendors. I can't wait until this over.
Aww , snap out of it Shan. 
How do we look.

Above is Patty's dress.
Down below is Chris 's dress for tonight.

We'll be the talk of the night.

Come on I here the microwave going off so I know that it's that greedy James sneaking into the leftovers.

Laughing alittle we all made our way over to the stairs to catch him peeking out to see if we were still getting dressed.

Catching him red handed with my steak and salad we just watched as he poured ketchup over the plate and started eating .

Never once looking behind him he continued eat and moan as we looked opened mouthed at him as one of his co-conspirators was sneaking in with more food that looked similar to all the rest of the leftovers from last night.  

Clearing my throat finally made them drop their forks to look behind them.

I know fam well that isn't my freaking steak and the rest of the leftovers.
We were going to eat then once we got back .
James how could you .
All 3 of us spoke at the same time.
Turning wide-eyed to us.
I laughed and grabbed a cape saying that I need to hurry up and leave.

Walking out of the elevator I see a town car parked with a driver awaiting . Apparently he was sent to pick me up at home instead of the office.  Opening the door he ask ma'am are you Ms. Shannon.  Yes I am.  Thank you ma'am I'm Stephen your driver for tonight and  I will return to drop you to and from the event as Mr. Jason's request.
Thanking him again we head straight to the venue and I must say I'm totally expressed with the group effort.

Lights, camera's and action people it's show time I could here as I walked in to the ballroom.
Doing a 360 degree turn as I look over
everything and as promised the room had a complete makeover.

So proud of everyone I ask if they could all stop what they were doing and to come front and center.
I want to thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart for making this evening a success and hoping to return in future for more events like this.

Now let's open the doors and light the candles people .
They all clapped their hands and went back to work with in second their was a soft melody playing and in walked the hostess of the night with a doubtful look on her face like how could I pull this off.

Sending me scoulling looks I smiled and walk over to the platform to get a sound check then.  Smiling again as I looked to the doors awaiting our first guess.
Amy called me to tell me she's hiding in the bathroom and not coming out.
Rolling my eyes I walk to the powder room to find her crying and saying that she going home because her dress is not presentable. After listening for 5 minutes I asj her who told her that.

That red headed dragon strikes again.
Telling Amy in the carpet that she's not dressed for a party more like a funeral
Happy to help reapply her makeup I leave out to over hear the no good wench telling the guest how  she single handedly put together this whole thing despite the minor challenges.

I rolled my eyes as I walked towards the greeters and told them to make sure everyone had a glass and that if they need the restroom to be sure to show them where to go. Theirs atleast 15 of them to start and 10 more waiting staff in the kitchen..

Making my way to the kitchen I find my nemesis about to tell the extra helpers they could go.
That's it!.

I walked into the room clearing throat and letting the cuss words I've been holding in since she started her smear compain against me  fly out my mouth at full force.

Look you absent-minded bi**h, if you don't take your narrow a$$ back out their and welcome the guest in like your supposed to I'm gonna drag you from this kitchen by your false a#$ boob job.

Hearing laughter from behind me I turn to see not only my boss but everyone including my best friends and a ketchup lip stained James.
Ms. Shannon, I  liked the look and all but there is no one to greet the guests. 

That's my fault sir. I'll take care of it right now.  Walking around me miserable a#$ left the room. I address the staff and told them under no circumstances are they to leave until everything was back to normal footing.

Then walking out to see Amy taking charge and me giving her a thumbs up. Happy now that the ball is in full swing and the people are flowing in and outside the building the flashing lights are clicking away.
Then out of the corner of my eye I saw my Parents and brother watching and waiting for the introduction of their  arrival.  I walked over and announced them and they said thanks and walked away not once noticing me or their daughter transformation.
Happy that I can let these things go know because a younger me would have been crying somewhere.

It's just funny they can show up for meetings and ballrooms rub elbows with strangers but me walking across the stage with honors were a no show.

Smiling at the last people coming in and seeing the pictures being taken of the couples wanting to be photographed . I dazed on until I felt someone rubbing my hand.
Looking up at Jason I gave him a questioning look.
He just asked me to come in the main room as the ceremony was beginning.
....here goes nothing,  I thought to myself.

Taking a seat at our table  I see how everything came together and I smiled looking at my place setting.

After Pam got off the stage announcing that dinner was to  be
served.
I excuse myself to make sure everyone including my table had to correct food and wine selections 

Sitting again during the final course I instructed the dj to play upbeat music after the auctions. During that time our boss took the stage to taken us for.a great production and turnout for a good cause.
He got down after the last bidding and walk to our table before turning to ask his mother for a dance.

Smiling at this I here someone yell at me to snap out of it. Very funny, I think my friends ate being petty about this but it wasn't them but my mother and brother watching me.
Looking around for support I see that I'll the only one sitting at the table. Before I could excuse myself from being ridiculed with the whole
" what are you doing here".
I stood to leave until everything came crashing down into my lap..
Why would you be be.

How were you able to be on this guess list my mom hist under her breath..

Please don't embarass us by telling anyone your related to us. My brother said while  fixing his dinner jacket.

Trying to make contact with any of them on the dance floor. Praying for the miracle I get that red headed devil. 

I'm sure you understand that we need to have the gift bags given the guest that have donated and make sure to have everything set to the office afterwards. 

Clearing my throat finally got my voice back,  that's your job so it had better correct.
Don't talk to her that way. I'm sure she's in management but you on the other hand.
Walking away seemed like a good idea and I was already working on it but for some reason I had this black of drama following me.
Father ,
I addressed him as he stood in front of me like some iron clad guard.
You know how I feel about you and yet so show up to this place. Why are you here with the upper class. I hope nobody else noticed that you were here in tomorrow papers.

I  can't believe I'm standing by listening to his voice.  I took a step back only to be pushed to the side by my own mom.
Get out before you are seen my brother states.

Looking for an escape, I wanted to tell them off but they were saved by a Marc...
My eyes widen as she is standing here listening for minutes as my family degrades me.
Marc started to clear his throat and letting me know that he's there for me.
I look up for him to see tears in my eyes. Then he said how is it that I pulled off an amazing gala and now I'm crying.
Taking me in a half hug he wants whisper so only I could here.
Are these people bothering you.
Yes I want all of them gone and to take her smug ass with them.

Seeing as introductions should be made I'm Marc Carter and these 2 ladies are the public relations team from the R&R and you are...he asked still side hugging ber.

We are the Paul's family and we were leaving thanks for the invite .
Turning back to me you would be safer having someone else besides her at your company.

By than Jason was staring at me with his brows up.

I  can't believe you would insist my employee. Ms. Oliver please see to all the guest have the attire and gifts that's all. Thank you.

Leave without a word.
Jason walked in front of me taking me hand in his.
Turning to a wide-eyed brother and a tight liped father and mother I could only stare into space.  Let me say this I don't think were going to elbow to elbow anytime soom.

Whoever I employ is none of your business.
If I ever see or hear you disrespect her in my presence I will destroy you.

Don't know if you are aware that thing is my daughter despite being told never to be at any functions that we attend. tonight. decided that she would show up tonight.

I. Made the list from my parents guest list I will ne making sure you will never be on ours again. Now excuse us the exit door is on your right.

I certainly hope you not sleeping with him whoring for work. That when out of nowhere James fist shot out landing my brother on the floor with James on him punching his face in.

So thankful that most of the guest were gone and we' re able to get James off and I was surrounded with my girls.

Oh would you look at the time. Let's get you to restroom.

Happy now look at what you did I wish you were never been born.
This come from both my parents.

Just keep walking you don't need them.
We got your back to hell with them.

As christ guided me away from them .
I could see the other side of the door wear the last people coming out from coat check left without delay.

Chris made a cold wash cloth for me so I patted my eyes and face until I felt calm.

Let me know when you are ready.

Standing and leaving for the exit I here someone walking towards me and it's Patty.

I need to make sure that you are okay.

C his has me sit for awhile now let's all get out of here.

I know I'm hungry, several me took followed as we headed yo the cars..

Steve take the car we have everything covered James said sneakinga hand around Chris's waist.

Smiling ear to ear they walked towards the entrance as the rest of us followed.

Hope you enjoyed the update..
Please vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 18K 11
Meet Christina A. Cruz. Single. Simple. Incredibly Beautiful. She's the girl who possesses refined manners and right conduct_ well- disciplined, k...
456K 17.1K 44
#13 in Short Story as on 29th April 2017. Arjun Shergill , one of the well known businessman who lives a robotic life . He can do anything to safegua...
274K 10K 35
Please vote and comment! My goal is at least 2k likes and 100 comments :) This story is as realistic as life gets. Please enjoy it, it is my first st...
821 0 43
Elizabeth Cole has just started her job at Rylan Enterprises. She is the new financial manager. After working her ass off to get her degree and get a...