The Adventures and Trials of...

By Adamwashereith

This story series is public domain. It is a series. It's about a tspace traveling hero named Zone Captor who... More

Zone Captor and the Tribe of Abeo
Zone and the Author
The Fury of an Orion
Zone and Pangea
Aaron Burr and the Court of Fae
Zone and the Lair
Zone and Athena
Zone and The Princess
Hailey and The Show of Ocanta
the number of sphinx
Zone and the adventure of Nigil
Zone and the trenchcoat
Zone and the dimension of Snowflakes
zone and the lily
Zone and the new Face
Closing Remarks for Zone Sugar! As we enter the world of Zone Lolit
Zone and the tape
Students, and their apearences [References]
pgr the myth of pedojala
zone and the pandrolica
zone and the charriot of bioterrorism
Zone and Haileys Price

Zone and Color

5 0 0
By Adamwashereith

Zone and color.

Zone had just got done setting up Ani's living room. "Perfect!" He had gotten the scan from Dream's Pandorlica. Pandorlicas were sacred to Orion Travelers which was what Zone was. His people traveled the stars sculping vessels from clay to encapsulate their souls, golems they called them and breathed life into these bodies to live on forever. Zone was unique. His was of flesh and human. But that I'm afraid was a story for another day. Chan had just got out of the shower. Their was a new door in the hallway.

Inside the Pandorlica was a home of galaxies spread throughout every room. As if encapsulated in all of space and time yourself. His room belonged to his favorite youtuber. Pandorlicas scan all areas they visit so as they can trap the area in space and time, and keep track of visits. Zone created them. While magicians had tried and tried to replicate them. You could only create one if Zone himself found you worthy. For he under an alias was the trite and true author.

"Proffesor who's room is this?" Chan said gazing at the purple door marked and worn. "It's Beda's."

"Bedas. I've never heard this name professor?"

Chan had been traveling with Zone for a few years now. He had grown up with man, and despite his infatuation Zone only saw him as a son and a companion.

"He was someone special to me a very long time ago. He had a special on his wrist. I decided to keep his room as a gift to him when he comes travelign with us."

"Your giving me a brother!" Chan was excited.

"No. No." Zone said sad. "It's not what you think..."

"I don't understand professor?"

"One day you will leave me. I cannot be alone. I have this lesson the hard way Chan of Chalno"

"Proffesor I am going to be with you forever"

"Sure" Zone said with a fake smile.

"Woudn't have it any other way" a memory flashed in his mind. Red hair, a stone statue, a blue hand, and a key. He near yelped at the thought.

"Well then. Off we go to visit panda!"

"Who?"

"How well do you know your tribes history?"

"Zone this isn't earth is it?"

"Could be they invented color after all?"

"Color?" Chan gestured towards his face as Zone eyed the green cherub makeup.

"Not paint. Color. Your tribe doesn't have a concept for it. Like what you paint with. The igma of sound"

"Oh so different breeds?"

"Yes! But humans outside of your planet refer to it as "color""

"I see!" Chan said delighted.

"So. Off we go then. Oh and you'll need this"

Zone manifested a dark pair of sunglasses from his pocket.

"What are these I've never seen something like this?"

"In your time period these didn't exist. But I met this suave Indian man at a bar and well he told to cherish it. So here you go"

Zone sat Chan down and placed the aviators on his face.

"Algora amoya"

"Proffesor?" Chan asked.

"Does this have anything to do with my character?"

"Alot"

"Why do you look older all of a sudden."

"Dammit I didn't know it'd reveal that"

"Reveal what Proffesor?" Chan said uneasy.

"I am immortal. I'm not actually 27"

"I know but you look elderly now"

"Take off the glasses"

Chan did.

"Oh few your young and beautiful again"

"Chan you know your a daughter to me"

"I know. I know professor" Chan said flushed.

"However seeing you aged is uneasy to me"

"You need it"

"Why?"

"Because these people are strange" Zone said with a wink and a finger to his lips.

"Fine professor. Just don't act old okay?" Chan said uneasy.

"Deal" Zone gently placed the glasses back on Chan's face.

"Alright. Everythings gray?"

"As it should be! Off we go!"

Zone opened a portal and off the two stepped.

The door melted out of crumbled rock. Pitch black. The world they came out of was pure black and pure white. No greys, no signias, and no colors. Zone was white with black coloring. Chan was also white with black detaling. They looked as though they were two D animated drawings.

"This place is odd professor"

"Not everywhere abides by our rules"

"So what needs to be saved here"

"Gift gives"

"Oh not again professor!"

"Spoilers" Zone smiled wide.

Soon the men were exploring the town. Every creature here was an animal. The only creatures to walk on their two feet were a bird humanoid hybrid. They had scratchy voices and squealed quite unrullily. There was a candy seller selling cotton candy.

"Oh I love this" Zone grabbed Chan by the hand and brought him to the vendor.

"Ai mate. What will it be?"

"Um what is the currency?" Zone asked playing dumb.

"I've never seen a monkey talk!" The bird said laughing. Chan instantly felt offence as he held his hair.

"It's a humanity thing Chan it's not racial" Zone whispered to his companion. Chan felt at ease but still very very offended.

"We are travelers of the river" Zone said.

"Very well then a pocket watch as payment."

"We aren't of the nile" Zone replied.

"Do you have stones or pebbles" The vendor of the cotton candy asked irritated.

"Hows this?" Zone asked pulling out a golden ring.

"That's perfect. Quite a gift for simple candy."

"WIll it feed us?"

"Both you and the boy"

'Very well then one blue swirl and one red swirl"

"What is blue and red?" The bird asked laughing.

"These are pink and lion?" Zone asked pretending to be confused.

"Alright here." The bird pulled out a stretched out slithered candy cane and a pink swirl of cotten candy.

"Is that what you want?"

"It'l do" Zone said.

"Here's the ring"

Zone handed him a silver ring.

"You said gold"

"I also asked for blue"

The man sighed.

"Fine fine. Thanks for your service"

Zone handed the swirling in motion to Chan and they sat at a bench.

"All these worlds professor. Why you let people disregard you?"

"Because it's better than them getting afraid. I like to play harmless" Zone said taking a bite of the candy cane.

"But your so brilliant Proffesor. Everyone treats you like your an idiot."

"I'm I'm really not" Zone said.

"That's the whole issue!" Chan said defeated.

"I do it for a lot of reasons Chan. It's my thing. It's a game. It's funny. But it's also because of my job" Zone said doing jazz hands.

"Your job?"

"You ever ask about my home Orion?"

"You said you don't like to talk about it."

"I really don't but it's about time you heard"

Zone put his hands to his knees.

"On Orion people are divided based on color, class, hair, eyes, and ears. I was considered lower for everything really"

"Racism?"

" A bit more than that and I proved everybody wrong"

"That's excellent"

"Not exactly because in doing so I made them fear me. I made them fear me alot. I made them so so scared. I loved people and people me but" Zone looked up at the pitch black sky that seperated the white dust that painted the storybook like imagery on the cloud they were on. The planet, nay the dimension they were at.

"I did a lot of good thing. But in the end it wasn't worh it. It destroyed me that fear. So I made myself a promise"

Chan finished a bite and his mouth hung open a bit.

"I promised I would never let anyone fear me that much ever again. And I would only show that side of myself in dark dark emergency. I don't want people to be afraid chan. And they see an imbecile well that's a good way to avoid that"

"So Proffesor" Chan said with a smirk. "Your a liar"

Zone put his candy ever warped on the bench solemn.

"I suppose Chan of Gaya, that I am"

"I didn't mean to-"

"No no it's fine. But we are here for Galena..."

"Who's that?"

"Well I used to live here once upon a time."

"We are the only humans here professor"

"Yes. I know" Zone embarrassed.

"I wasn't always um. Like this" Zone said making a gesture to his face.

"You are an alien!"

"I mean. I'm human but uh you know what Chan. Don't worry about it. Let's visit the circus first."

Chan finished his cotton candy. And Zone took his hand. They walked around several areas. They visited a museum saw the sights. They were seen very obviously as freaks of nature and outsiders do to being human. A few snide remarks that bothered Chan and Zone and him entered the circus.

"So she should be here"

"Who?"

"Blodiah. Galetaya. Konanah. Bimpoh. Chanrah Elohim-"

"Hello Zone Captor"

A girl with bright pink hair the only color in this place entered the scene. She had a question mark on her wrist and she was wearing a bright red dress. She entered the tent and smiled at him.

"That's color professor!"

"I know" Zone said surprised.

"I'm sorry do I know you"

"Oh Dara you never change. Never recgonize me not even once. It's a new face. Like it?" She made a popping noise with her mouth.

"Oh Ganaiya. I'm here for Feather. Not you."

"Who's the cutie?"

"Not for grabs."

"I'm just curious. I'm 18 I'm allowed to flirt."

"I don't know you mam!" Chan said uncertain.

She sighed heavily. "Oh dreads. Cute. Anyways. Stay for the show. Then I'll introduce you to shorty. Humans aren't liked here?"

"I know"

"Don't take it the wrong way kid. Zone has a "rep"" she said smiling with passion looking at Chan.

"I feel odd professor"

"She does that"

She climbed up a latter and went to the trapeze. Two guards in black and white ushered Zone and Chan to the seats in the circus tent. They watched a show. It was lions, and tigers, and circus trappes and fire. Finally when it was all over. Zone and Chan were motioned towards the back of the stage.

"Somebody wants to see you" Ganaiya said heartbroken now in black and white.

Zone was brought before a Japanese styled table. They tried to usher Chan away.

"No he stays with me" Zone said irritated and with force.

"Right of course sir:" the guard said.

"Professor" Chan said feeling his face.

"I'm in color"

"Yes. That's worrying. Come now Chan sit with me" Soon color began to bleed into the room as Chan and Zone were sitting in front of A Japanese man pure white with black hair, and scars taped across his lips, and permanent scars down his face that resembled tears.

"You aren't the incarnation I meant to meet"

"I know Zone. She left last second. She always runs away from you"

"So you're her bloody replacement?"

"Yes. Apparently" The man had thought he fooled him. He had not.

Zone sighed and pulled out a bracelet from his pocket.

"It seems nothing went wrong here. Nothing is going wrong for me these days. It's so boring." Zone smiled.

"How the lotus" ZOne frowned.

"Not in front of Chan.

"Why come here. A man of Color. To a black and white world"

"Well" Zone said.

"I think it's about time to liven things up. Just a bit. Crayloa" Zone smirked.

"You want to bring color the forbidden art to my nail?"

"Oh yes" Zone said.

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"I wasn't asking permission. Your people have been praying. Your people are segregated. Your people are in chains. Your people need to breathe and keeping the lines in black and white is a target"

"You would know a little about that wound't you?" The man asked Zone.

"Let's not get into my history. Because yours is so much more fascinating" Zone said. He pulled out a blue flower from his pocket.

"How about blue?"

"I hate that color"

Zone motioned his hand over it and it turned orange.

"How about orange?"

"Why must you tempt me Zone Captor? We don't need color?"

"Yes you do. You need light. The Kamari need it. They've requested it. Your land is full of scrolls and Knights. But your people feel burdened by restraints. Of course I'm going to offer you color." Zone smiled laughing.

"Why must you hurt me mr.captor?"

"I hurt you because its the right thing to you"

The man grew angry.

"Who gets to decide what is right and what is wrong!? You! You get to play judge!? Jury! Executioner on my little island in the nebula!?"

"I'm afraid so" Zone smiled wider.

"Your only here by request who summoned here"

Chan was spooked.

"Professor why are you being so cruel?"

"This is not my first trip" Zone whispered back.

"Who beckoned you Kinoway?"

"Your wife" Zone said. The prince hung his head down.

"If I acsept the curse of color will you- Can you possibly-"

"I don't do deals. I am not a demon. I am not a djin. I am not a weeba. I am not a nativa. I am just a traveler looking to give your a planet a gift. Why is that so hard for you? Your worse than uther"

"Who?"

"Don't worry about it" Zone chuckled.

"Color destroyed us. That is why I am weary. We close our walls to travelrs for this very reason. You are a gapo. A foreigner of ill silk. Of course I don't want to listen to you. But you wear a trench coat and you bear a key. Which are blessings for the gods. So I know your here for good reason. Please traveler tell me your name. You real name. Who you are to uzimi?"

"You can call me red"

"Red? As in darina?"

"Red as in that is where your hand. Give it to me?"

"Proffesor what is going on here?"

"Just watch Chan theirs a reason I brought you"

The Prince gave his hand to Zone and Zone gave the blind man, for all men of this world were blind a flash of light.

"If I had known color to be so wonderful I would never had turned it away"

"Blindess is a gift. Every disability is. But like any gift and buety it comes with challenges. Your planet is to challenged. This gift comes with a curse. Paintings. Lines. Divides. Prejudices. This is the gift of color. I was sent here by Maranada. She's this flute I work with. Tools am I right? But she told me it was time. I need a glass of water. Then I shall your bring your world color. Sound good?"

"Why mr.captor?"

"Because I feel like it" Zone said removing the princes hand and shoving it in his pockets.

"I'm just kind of bored.

The prince laughed.

"I understand Princess Zone."

"Oh please enough with the honorufiices. Just Zone. No fancy titles" Zone said unnerved.

"Thankyou."

The prince brought in the tent a color and Zone put his thumb within it and it turned blue, then red, then pink, then orange, then yellow and the walls began to bleed color. The animals became humans and the world grew to flesh.

"You tricked me?"

"I didn't. I just showed you reality. I told you. Color is a gift."

"Will things ever?"

"Things will be different now. And one day I will take it away. But only after you have wronged me greatly?"

"Why? Why do that to us?"

"Because Prince Inu their is something called balance and for every gift there is a curse. For every curse there is a gift. For every wish there is a contradiction and for every blessing there is a nightmare. For every dream there is aburden. For every burden there is a song. I did not curse your wold with color. I showed your world what was between the lines. I will let you have your blindness as a gift for as a man of justice that is the true hope. But one day I will come back and things will be different"

"Thankyou Zone. That's all I can tell you" He bowed his head to the floor.

"Please don't be a fool" Zone said getting up.

"Do you have a little shop?"

"No mr.captor we don't do that anymore" The prince said offended and bitter.

"Off we go then. C'mon Chan!"

"But we just got here professor."

"It was a gift trip"

"Awe c'mon!" Chan whined.

"I suppose we can check the lake. But then we're leaving" Zone managed.

"Goodbye prince Inu."

"Goodbye Zone Aka"

As Zone and Chan visited the lake it was still pitch black and lacking color. The beuty Zone gifted to the world hadn't reached it. Zone met his own reflection in the water.

"LOCKET?" Zone screamed upon seeing a vision.

"Dammit!" Zone caught his own tongue.

"No no I understand" Zone soothed his Pandorlica.

Zone through some bread from his pocket into the lake biterly and one his nails became black. Zone felt remorse and they returned to his Pandorlica.

"Alright Chan you can remove your glasses.'

"Good!"

And he did.

"Everything is in black and white all of a sudden. Is something wrong with my eyes professor?"

And then Zone felt a great anger. The End.

"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128 44 36
Levi Raven is the Time Link of Leveria. He is the link between life, death, time, mortals, immortals and spirits of kind. After three years of having...
11.8K 414 26
Virgil's past haunts him. He sees it everywhere and its in everything he does. And to make matters worse, he blames himself. After a tragic accident...
3.6K 153 14
This story is about the young prodigy Grant Alan, a scholar turned telekinetic, surviving in a strange new world after the colossal science vessel, t...
699 190 95
(Note: This story is a crossover between all of our other properties. Certain aspects about most characters won't be explained very well.) Society is...