The Adventures and Trials of...

By Adamwashereith

This story series is public domain. It is a series. It's about a tspace traveling hero named Zone Captor who... More

Zone Captor and the Tribe of Abeo
Zone and the Author
The Fury of an Orion
Zone and Pangea
Zone and the Lair
Zone and Color
Zone and Athena
Zone and The Princess
Hailey and The Show of Ocanta
the number of sphinx
Zone and the adventure of Nigil
Zone and the trenchcoat
Zone and the dimension of Snowflakes
zone and the lily
Zone and the new Face
Closing Remarks for Zone Sugar! As we enter the world of Zone Lolit
Zone and the tape
Students, and their apearences [References]
pgr the myth of pedojala
zone and the pandrolica
zone and the charriot of bioterrorism
Zone and Haileys Price

Aaron Burr and the Court of Fae

4 0 0
By Adamwashereith

Zone captor sat down at the cafe in Brington. The planet to the left nebula of Orion. He ordered a Rainbow Road. A unique drink he hadn't had since the Frost was ended. He smiled somber. There he saw an old old friend, saddened at a loss. Aaron Burr, a man he had met once at Dyglies. A bar in the heart of the Met, a waiting room between realities. "Oh Zone? Good to see you again?" the voice was solen and kind but quite but held sad regret.

"What seems to be the problem?"

"The cracks Zone....they're..." he said quietly.

"They're what?" Zone asked with an egotistical smirk.

"Hurting my students. Hurting my people. Hurting driftwood and..." he trailed off. "They've lost me Kimri." he said almost at a pause.

"Oh I'm sorry for your loss"

Suddenly in a huff Burr grew angry.

"You would know something about that wouldn't you Mr.Captor!" he grew angry almost.

"It's not my fault cracks exist Burr. It's not even my fault I am cracked. It was a fate of medlona, a fate of eronakah, a fate of anasait, of ansair, and oceair it was-" Before Zone could finish he was cut off.

"Bullshit" Burr snapped, raising his hand pacing back tears to slap the man of art.

"I'm sorry you're hurt. But It's not fault that the world is" Zone scoffed. "Like this?"

"What are you even doing Seale? This is not the dimension for you?" Burr asked Zone finally defeated.

"Well I was just adventuring. I travel. Always have. Always well."

"No friends with you this time?"

"I don't do that anymore" Zone was quite.

"You always take someone with you. Or someone to take" Burr was cold. Cruel and out of character menacing.

"I was hoping to take you" Zone smiled innocent twirling his hair.

"No. No. I am not doing that shit again ever Agaeein. I left that shit behind me the second the flower turned red."

"Well." Zone said in a near posh accent. "It was always meant to be I suppose"

"What is going on here?"

"Just one adventure" Zone said with a twinkle in his eye.

"I'm sorry are you really-"

"I'm just the same old me" Zone said without emotion, completely switched as if nothing had changed to Burr's surprise.

"You know what? Fine. One trip. One trip in that stupid old key of yours. If you need a magician then surly I must that." Bur's words were sour. They were horse. He had a lost a friend and he had blamed Zone for that loss.

"Great! Let's order some scones!" with a bag of vanilla scones, the two men were on their way to the forest of Adentey. A haunted place with living trees of Elk, and elven fae running amock.

"What are we here?" burr asked in his usual british tone.

"Well to find the apple?"

"To find the what?" Bur asked confused but catching on.

"Theirs a gift for Woden I'm meant to retrieve. It's deep deep in here somewhere. I'm looking desperately."

"Hmm" Burr said quietly humming a tune he had heard at the bar in Latin. As they walked Burr felt a cold chill arise from the ashes.

"Tell me something Zone. You used to have this child with you. Green makeup. Cuts on the arms"

"Don't" Zone said harsh.

"His name was Chan. Don't"

"Chan or Chalno?"

"Different timelines. Different timelines" Zone said moving his hands around as he strutted up to a tree.

"I'm sorry but what in the world are you doing?"

"Checking it" Zone knocked it and the tree began to glow a lightning pink.

"I'm sorry what exactly is going on?"

"Just..watch Mr.Burr despite being a skilled "Wizard" you are not the only man of art"

The trees trunk grew into itself and quickly became hollow. Suddenly a flight of stairs were unearthed via the trench dug within the tree.

"Interesting"

"I know!" Zone said excited with a huge smile.

"Time to visit the fae!"

"I promised I'd bring Hermes here first. So just know this is a special gift" he winked at Burr.

"I'm sorry you know the greek god Hermes?"

"Is that that much of a shock to you? I know everybody"

"I thought you couldn't stand gods!"

"Oh I can't. Their bloody terrible. But Hermes is the exception. Wonderfully polite. Got quite the tongue. Handsome as hell. And beautiful beyond compare." Zone was gushing playing with his key around his neck.

"I get it smart one your in love. Anyways." Burr said gesturing to the tree trunk.

"Not remotely infatuated. We were companions once upon a time. But likewise!" Zone said throwing Burr headfirst into the tunnel.

"After you!"

Zone quickly followed as Burr composed himself on the ledge of the chair in his purple robes.

"Excuse you!"

"Excuses!? No time for excuses!" Zone said.

"Time to meet the fairy queen!"

Finally the men made their way down the golden spiral stair case into a pitch white ballroom. Zone noticed something across his shoulder. "We're being watched."

"I can tell. I'm nothing if not more clever than you"

"Sure you are Aaron. Sure you are"

"What's that sound?"

"The fae"

"It sounds evil"

"It's not" Zone mumbled. Holding his pandorlica.

"It's the wisher prayer" the key mumbled to zone in a whisper. Zone grabbed Aaron by the hand. "Whatever you do act as though you cannot see them"

"I'm sorry?"

"Remember when you took your students to the forest of elk?"

"Yes"

"Remember how you almost lost Ronnie?"

"How do you know that?"

"I watched your series. Anyways! It's very important to me that you act as though you do not see them. It's a rule. I'm half fae on my cousins side. I can get away with my sight. You mr.human canot"

"Valid" Aaron said closing his eyes and outreaching his hand.

"Guide me then."

Zone took Aaron by the hand, and as they heard a graceful piano balid they made their way across a court. Fairies flooded the room and began to dance. Subtle creatures. Some with giant ram horns. Some in fine silk dresses. Some looked like human dog hybrids. Others the most grotesque things you could imagine. Finally Zone made his way up to the throne room where the Queen of the fae lay. She smiled. Recognizing Zone somehow. These two went far back.

"Why mr.Calo how wonderful to see you again?"

"I've never heard that name before?" Zone responded uncloaking his posh accent giving his true identity to Burr who was shocked at his identity.

"Who is this human you brought with you?"

"My chip!" Zone said with a bow and a twirl"

"Is he supper?"

"No my highness. He is food of the mind. Merely company"

"A shame I love the dark ones" she was not referring to burr's race but rather the magic he practiced.

"This music is it yours?"

"It is via my pandorlica?"

"It is a tragic song?"

"I thought it was of your court?" Aaron spoke.

"Do not speak to me. This is business of the shine"

"My apologies"

"Don't apologize to them it means you owe something" Zone whispered to Burr.

"You forget I am on your level" Burr whispered back to Zone.

"Well. As thanks that you owe. You may dine with us tonight. Truly you didn't show to m y court of the white moon for no reason?" Queen Eleya said.

"I came bearing gifts?" Zone said reaching into his pocket. He pulled out a golden flower pedal.

"This belonged to a friend of mine. I want him planted here. I want you to give him a better life."

"What is his name?"

Zone whispered it.

"Him? Why he?"

"He is my [redacted]. My friend. My challenger. My splinter. My foe. I owe him thanks" Zone said sad. "He is dead"

"Are you sure giving her a splinter?-"

"That's enough out of you savage!" The Queen snapped at Burr.

"Speak again and your supper." Burr quickly closed his mouth.

"So you wish for a sprout?"

"I just wish for him in soil? Sunlight or rock? To be planted. That's all I request?"

"Very well. But in exchange you and your fruit must dine with us tonight and drink the golden water?"

"I don't think you understand I am clay I am huma-"

"Zone I have known you for centuries. Kiltry set us up less you remember. I know you very well. You cannot fool a fae"

"Fine. And my companion?"

"Is he starving?"

"No"

"Is he of ice or snow?"

"Neither wind nor rain" Zone responded smiling with a bow.

"Then he may partake but eat no food nor drink no wine"

"Sorry about this aaron but theirs rules here"

"Oh I really am quite excited" Aaron said in hand to Zone.

"Good your keeping quite" The king said smiling next to his wife. You now have permission to speak mr.burr but not out of tune"

"Tune or turn?" Aaron asked. The whole court laughed.

"Neither sun nor knight" he heard a small sprite say from behind. A small imp like man with pointed ears and light pink skin and a a jesters outfit and hat with bells came up from behind.

"And who is this great Zone Captor of which legends peak and speak"

Zone covered his eyes and put a hand to his face.

"Oh please anybody but you"

"Oh so you recognize me from times once scored from when your father ex scored my suns for one thousand nights when days listed themselves of evil rott!" the entire court laughed.

"I am neither sun nor storm and my father laid eggs in a basket" zone dropped his arm and the pedal on the floor. Their were gasps in teh crowd and the pedal glwoed yellow.

"Oh sorry I was being a bit of an idiot!" Zone quickly picked the pedal back up.

"Zone you are quite the fool but never ignorant for now I'll allow it. Come now let us dine! The queen said.

Zone and Aaron blinked and it was if they were engulfed by a tunnel and the world of theirs was spinning and suddenly they were inside a long cave. With a giant white square table and the most tastiest food either had ever seen in their entire life. Zone felt a leech on his neck. Aaron was completely dazed but still had his wizarding wand in his grip in his left hand and his other hand tightly around Zone's eyes now open. The music out loud had stopped and Zone had ceased tuning in to his Pandorlica's radio. They didn't have forks or spoons but rather sticks to eat with. Zone manifested a fork from his pocket and heard boos from the table.

"No Zone you eat with your hands."

"Actually I'm not that hungry" Zone mumbled feeling starvation in his stomach.

"Are you thirsty?"

"Yes actually but I can only have one drink. I have a dietary issue"

"Very well"

The queen slipped a pink drink and right as he was about to take it tapped it so yellow blood was poured inside. Zone drank it and his throat burned. He smiled finishing the glass feeling a high and suddenly very agreeable. But his mind clock, a special agent he had installed gave him back control.

"Zone would you like to stay forever?"

"I'm afraid I can't do that miss."

"Please have more to eat and drink"

"I am insulted"

"You are?"

"How dare you I told you I coudn't have more!" Zone was playing by their rules.

"Here is my pedal I gave it out of thanks!" Zone threw his pedal the golden one into the empty cup.

"I am disgraced here. Come now Aaron we are leaving!" He took Aaron by the hand dazed and they ran through heards, flowers, beasts, and daizies out into the human world. Right as they were about to they met a young girl covered in flowers. They were possessing her eyes.

"Wait!" she said right as they were about to get to the tree. She smiled with fangs in her mouth.

"You came to retrieve this correct?" she held a red and yellow apple perfect condition with a bite mark from a blue fae. The bite mark would ruin the gift.

"Yes."

"I will give it to you if you promise to take me traveling one day"

"Deal"

Zone tossed a coin he manifested from his pocket and handed it to her. Stole the apple in his pocket and then ran holding aaron's hand upp the staircase out of there.

"Well that was different?" Aaron said removing his sunglasses revealing two blind eyes, and pink makeup, finally coming to his senses.

"Is that really how fae are?"

"Yes"

"And you know them personally?"

"Yes"

"Interesting. Interesting" Aaron mumbled.

"How was your first adventure?"

"Zone I would to travel with you. But this is not my place. I am a spec we share a paintbrush. The palettes don't align"

"Not yet"

"You say that"

"It's true." Zone said putting his hands in his pockets happily.

"So the apple?"

"It's for Odin?"

"And I guess that's not me?"

"Are you Odin in Drag?"

"No no no I'm not"

"Then you don't get to take a bite"

"Doesn't the bite mark ruin it? I mean just a little?"

"Not remotely." Zone lied through his teeth.

"Alright well" Aaron said flicking his wrist

"Facade elcanta emata ZOnta el faca masku"

"What did you just do?"

"I removed your mask that way friends and family will always be able to recognize you but only if you truly want them to"

"My face is my protection"

"Lintota elson"

"There now if you need to keep quite you will"

"You dam wizards!" Zone mumbled doing jazz hands.

"Did you ever get the job?"

Suddenly there was a ringing out of nowhere. Zone pulled a flip phone from his pocket and answered.

"No this is he. Yes. Of course I'd love to. Sure. Cohen? Yep. Of course I'll meet her. Lovley day to you too."

He put the phone down.

"What was about that?"

"I'm off to paris. Good luck Aaron. Maybe one day I'll attend Driftwood."

"Counting on it. Mr.Captor"

"See you!"

Zone excited the coffee shop they had been talking in and then made his way into his Pandorlica. Opened the door after it manifested into the white house with agents surrounding his door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 5.8K 36
[Disclaimer: I only own Raven's plot to the story.] [Book 2 in AMZ series.] [Set during Spider-Man: Homecoming.]
11.8K 414 26
Virgil's past haunts him. He sees it everywhere and its in everything he does. And to make matters worse, he blames himself. After a tragic accident...
128 44 36
Levi Raven is the Time Link of Leveria. He is the link between life, death, time, mortals, immortals and spirits of kind. After three years of having...
22.1K 782 67
- Black Hole is a God from the stars, Tree is a simple man working at a flower shop. Shenanigans ensue. - !!THIS IS MY ART!! I just really wanted to...