Burning Betrayal

By frnchtoast

❝ I know you recognized me because, behind the mask that you wore that night, I immediately knew who you were... More

Burning Betrayal
01 | Run, Chase
02 | Meet Clyde Harper
03 | Meet Cedric Harper
04 | Nervous Heartbeats
05 | January 5α΅—Κ°
06 | Giggle, Clare
07 | Meet Jake Florence
08 | Let's Play, Clare
09 | Whitened Eyes
10 | Clare's Journal
11 | Numb Corpse
12 | Happy 13α΅—Κ°
13 | Corner Scribble
14 | Clare's Death Wish
15 | Unexpected News
16 | Her Name
17 | Privacy Invaded
18 | Dream of Me, Clare
19 | Wake Up, Clare
20 | Inform Her, Chase
21 | Welcome Back, Guest
22 | Remember Him, Chase
23 | Last Decision
24 | Lowlife Creature
25 | Cedric, I'm Inside
26 | Please, Spare Some Mercy
27 | The Young Boy
28 | The Truth Untold
29 | Riley, Why?
30 | Shoot me, Riley
31 | You're Not Helping
32 | Chase, Just Let Go
33 | Ranging Thoughts
34 | Collar Bone
35 | Addicting, right?
36 | You're Not Real
37 | A Gust Of Pitch Black
38 | Heaven And Hell
39 | Goodbye, Beloved
40 | The Bubble Who Vanished
41 | Meet Evelyn Florence
42 | Let's Go Home

β€ŒβΈ™ΝŽΫ«Ϋͺ β€Œ| Prologue

214 22 22
By frnchtoast

RAINDROPS FLUTTERED WITH THE BREEZE while Chase's breath hitched as he exhaled. Waiting by their designated places, he impatiently stood there for her.

Foot stomping and all, curiosity hit him right in the face. "Where could she be? She never shows up late."

With his thoughts overpowering his actions, Chase took his phone and dialed her number. Unfortunately, no one was picking up.

Time passes by and his worry kept on rising, not until he heard three gunshots and children crying. His gaze was then fixated on two people crowding in the middle of the road.

His heart started racing when he heard someone shout her name. Accompanying it with the words "Help! She got shot," he knew something was wrong.

Without even realizing his actions, he was running towards the direction from where the shout of help was heard. There, he saw her, lifelessly lying on the middle of the road, head drowning in a puddle of blood as the rain slowly dissolves the pigment of crimson red.

Tears were rolling down his cheeks but the raindrops falling onto his skin made it look like he wasn't crying - made it look like he wasn't in pain but in reality, he felt like he was the one who got shot straight through the heart.

Nothing was more painful than seeing the love of his life die right in front of him because him dying at that moment felt far better than seeing someone he loves slowly vanish.

So Chase stood there, staring pitifully at a lifeless body, not paying attention to anyone around him. Not even realizing the gun that is pointed at his head. Not even feeling the pain of being shot.

He was numb while watching the love of his life die so he was numb when he died. And on the same night, on the same date, on the same weather;

Chase Harper died and Clare Florence was born.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

788 67 29
*The sequel to How to Get Away with Evil* SOMETHING ELSE HAPPENED THAT NIGHT. It's hard for Jessi Alvarez to mourn the death of her sworn enemy, Adle...
8.2K 2.1K 67
|Featured in @mystery, @generalfiction, @SpeculativeFiction and @Fantasy| Dreams are something everyone sees but can these dreams turn into real life...
45.1K 1.4K 30
{Completed} You were sent to the hospital for what reason? It was because you saw people die. Simple as that. You are desperate to escape this place...
63.3K 1.4K 22
Aria Phoenix, a girl who is not afraid to kill and or to be killed; a girl who don't trust people easily; a girl from the most respected family betwe...