Battle scars (Bucky Barnes x...

By Bluewonder88

COMPLETED What happens when you add a third to the dynamic duo of Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes? Y/n was best... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
The end (for now)

Chapter 03

7.5K 245 311
By Bluewonder88

"Look y/n, it's not like I had a choice" Bucky explains in your kitchen as you sit, staring stunned at the table, back in your normal clothes.

"But you could get hurt or worse" you start to tear up again.

"Hey look at me, I'm not gonna leave you that easily, remember I'm with you and Steve til the end of the line" he takes your hands in his gently as you see the genuine emotion in his eyes.

"When do you leave?"

"Tomorrow morning" with a nod you collect yourself. "That's my girl, no need to spill tears over me just yet" he laughs, brushing your hair out of your face as his other hand squeezes yours.

"There's something I gotta do" you state, promptly standing up and pulling away from him.

"Woah, where are you going?" Bucky questions as you race out of the front door. "Y/n!" He shouts, jogging to catch up to you.

"Bucky, I need to do this alone, but I'll meet up with you later okay?" With a hesitant nod Bucky walks back towards his house as you make your way to find your fiancé.

~~~

"I'm calling off the wedding!" You state strongly to the man you had once thought you loved.

"Is this about that James guy?" Charles sneers as he speaks your friends name.

"No this is my own decision, now I'm calling off the wedding"

"Y/n you can't do that!" he argues.

"Watch me!" You pull the ring off your finger and place it into his hold before running out as a free lady.

"Woah, hey y/n" Steve smiles as you crash into him on your way home.

"Hey Steve, what are you doing?"

"Well I tried enlisting again" he holds up the papers in his hold.

"So how did it go this time?" You asked Steve while walking through town.

"You know, the usual" he sighs.

"I'm sure you can help in some way" you pat his back.

"About that, how'd it go breaking off the engagement?"

"Surprisingly well, now I have the freedom to be whatever I want" you smile happily, looking up at the sky. "Wait, how'd you know about that?" You turn with a questioning gaze.

"No more ring" he nods down to your hand. "And don't get ahead of yourself, this is still 1942" Steve laughed as your shoulders dropped at the reminder of your spot in the world. "Hey I know what will cheer us up" he starts, gaining your attention. "A movie!" With a smile you both head off to the theatre.

"War continues to ravage Europe" the advertisement plays before the movie. Steve notices you had grown tense and holds your hand for comfort.

You and Steve had always been like brother and sister he would always comfort you while you would always back him up when he got into trouble. Most of the time when Steve would get into a fight you would try to help but the other times when you knew it was unfair for you, you would run and find Bucky to help.

"But help is on the way, every able bodied young man is lining up to serve his country.
Even little Timmy is doing his part." The clip shown is of a young boy picking up scrap metals in a scrapyard.  "Collecting scrap metal, nice work Timmy!"

"Who cares!" a man calls out in the theatre. "Play the movie already!" he continues making you shift in your seat.

"Hey would you show some respect?" Steve asks quietly.

"Meanwhile overseas our brave boys are showing the axis powers that the price of freedoms is never too high" the propaganda continues, despise the mans shouts.

"Let's go! Get on with it!" The man calls out once more as a tear rolls down your cheek. You quickly wipe it away before Steve notices as you try not to think about Bucky leaving tomorrow. "Hey, just start the cartoon!" With that Steve bursts.

"Hey wanna shut up!" Steve yells back. The tall strong man stands up in front of you both and looks down at Steve angrily.

He picks Steve up by the collar of his jacket and drags him out of the theatre to the back alley. You chase behind them trying to talk the man down.

"Hey gorgeous, what's a girl like you doing with a boy like him?" The guy starts to flirt. "How about you and I go out on a real date after I end this loser" he winks to you.

"How about you learn some respect!" You shout, swinging to punch him square in the jaw.

"That's it little missy" he growls. He pushes you into the wall and punches you strongly in the face like you had done to him. You close your eyes ready for impact as he goes to strike again but soon you hear Steve collapse to the ground. You run out of the alley, knowing that you need help.

"Bucky! Bucky I need your help!" you shout running to him as he was walking in town.

"What's wrong? You ran off earlier, where's your ring?" Bucky questioned, noting the missing diamond on your finger.

"I broke off my engagement but that's not important right now" you urge.

"Oh my god y/n, did Charles hit you?" Bucky brought a hand up to your face as a red Mark was set on your cheek.

"No that wasn't him" you try to pull him along but he stands still.

"Y/n? What is going on?" He started to get suspicious as to what happened.

"Steve needs our help!"

"Why do you two always get into trouble?" Bucky sighed, following you to the back alley.

Steve grabs onto a trash can lid as he scrambles back to his feet but his victory is cut short when the guy rips the lid from his hands as throws it to the side, punching the little guy hard so that he falls to the ground again.

"You just don't know when to give up do ya?" Steve stands up again with his firsts raised, ready to fight.

"I can do this all day" Steve swings at the bully but his hit is blocked and instead he is struck down again, staying down this time.

"Hey! Pick on someone your own size" Bucky steps in, grabbing the guys arm and pushing him out before he can punch again.

"Oh sweetheart you came back for our date?" The guy questioned with a evil smirk on his face, you froze on your way to helping Steve get up. Bucky looks to you then back at the man with fury raging through him as the guy swings to punch, Bucky dips to dodge it. With all of his strength Bucky punches the guy then kicks him in the rear, out of the alley.

"Come on, get up" you pull Steve to his feet.

"Sometimes I think you like getting punched" Bucky comments with a chuckle as Steve is hunched over in pain.

"I had him on the ropes" he groans, standing up fully.

"And you" he point to you as you stand next to Steve, looking down at your feet. "Y/n look at me" your friend sternly demands. "He did that to you?" Bucky questioned, nodding towards the mark on your cheek from getting punched.

"Yes but—"

"No buts y/n" he cuts you off.

"I was only trying to help Steve" you argue.

————————————————
Question of the day: would you stand up for Steve in a fight?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

391K 7.2K 101
(If you want a story about Domestic Avengers and a Domestic Bucky, with some drama, fluff and spice then this is the book for you) Y/N is a new recr...
713 39 37
Maddie is a beloved member of the avengers and an especially close friend of Bucky Barnes. However, will one mission send her spiralling as her past...
8.6K 156 32
It's been two months since Y/N returned to the Compound, but despite her best efforts, she can't seem to escape her trauma. Nightmares haunt her at n...
308K 7.3K 47
When Y/n moves into Avengers Tower on the same day as Steve's best friend, you and Bucky become fast friends. Looking at Bucky you want something mor...