Timeless[Soulmate AU][Five X...

By PhoenixBTS

On the twelfth hour of the first day of October 1989, 43 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual... More

Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 16

2.3K 43 4
By PhoenixBTS

"You wanna know why I left?" Diego asks.

He and Luther were at the top floor of the library, trying to find Five and Y/n.

"What? What are you talking about?" Luther asks.

"Why I left the academy," He explains.

"Yeah," Luther replies. "Cause you couldn't handle me being Number One."

"No," Diego contradicts. "Because that's what you do when you're 17. You move out, become your own person, grow up."

"Oh, yeah. You're a real grown-up," Luther says sarcastically.

"At least I make my own decisions," Diego replies. "You've never had to hold down a job. Pay bills. You ever even been with a girl?"

"I… I don't know what you're talking about…"

"Look, you wanna blame me, blame us for leaving… that's okay," Diego says. "But maybe you're asking yourself the wrong question. Maybe it's not about why we left. Maybe it's about why you stayed."

"I stayed because the world needed me," Luther says.

"You stayed because you couldn't let go of the way things used to be," Diego tells him. "The Academy. Dad. With Allison. Dad's dead," Diego reminds him. "Mom too, now. We're orphans again, dude. And things are never gonna go back to the way they used to… be."

"Do you ever stop talking?"

"Where are their parents?" A feminine voice asks.

"Wow, that was easy," Luther says.

"I'm gonna call security," A lady says as Diego follows the voice, Luther following in the library to see a sleeping Y/n and Five cuddled against each other.

"Are they, um…?" Luther asks as Diego nods, finding the sight rather amusing.

"Drunk as a skunk," Diego finishes.

Timeskip

"Leonard wouldn't," Vanya tells Allison as they sat down together in a quiet restaurant for drinks. "I mean, I can't even imagine," She says, not believing that Allison had found Leonard in her house.

"Uh, I get it," Allison says. "I don't wanna believe it either, but why would he tell you he's going to work, and then he's letting himself into your place?"

"To use the bathroom, like he said?"

"Or to creep around," Allison suggests.

"He wouldn't," Vanya disagrees.

"Rifle through your stuff? Maybe steal something? I mean… Jerk off on your Mr. Snuggles teddy bear?"

"No!" Vanya says. "No, stop."

"Look, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but sometimes men are unredeemable shits."

"Well, maybe, but… I like this one. I know it's weird because we only knew each other for a few days, but… Leonard felt real," Vanya explains. "Like he saw something in me no one else did."

"I know the feeling," Allison admits. "God, I haven't felt like that since I was a kid."

"Luther?"

"Does everyone know?"

"Well, I'm the last person who should be speaking for everyone, but… I always suspected. You two were so close."

"Yeah, well, he's not speaking to me either," Allison says. "Here we are."

"Yay, sisters?"

"Yay, sisters," Allison says before their glasses clink together and they swallow the alcohol.

Timeskip

"You idiot!" Cha-Cha says when they see that someone had cleaned their hotel room.

"What?" Hazel asks.

"You didn't put the 'Do not disturb!' sign on the door!"

"I did! I know I…" He says before realizing that he had put the sign on the wrong side of the door. "Shit!" He says before they see Klaus still in the closet. "Oh, my god. He's still here."

"What's he saying?" Hazel asks before they take off the tape on his mouth.

"What are you saying?" Cha-Cha asks.

"You guys are scarier without the masks," Klaus says before getting smacked by Cha-Cha.

"That's no way to say hello to your old friends, is it?" Hazel asks.

"Can't we call it a night?" Klaus whines. "I already gave you what you wanted. Just, please… please let me go. Please."

"Well, technically, we want your brother," Cha-Cha says. "Is your brother here now?"

"Uh, he…" Klaus says, noticing Ben laying on their bed before smirking. "You're gonna have to be a little more specific on that," He says before getting hit again. "Ow! I told you already. He's not coming. No one will."

"Well, Number Five knows now," Cha-Cha says. "We left him a message. And when he comes for you, we'll be ready."

Timeskip

"I have reason to believe two wanted criminals are in this motel," Eudora tells the motel's receptionist.

"Just two?" The receptionist asks.

"I'm gonna need to take a look around."

"Mm… This is a pay-by-the-hour kind of place. My customers, they don't get four-star digs, but… they do get complete privacy, from me… and from the man. Hm. Pardon me. Wo-man."

"That's bullshit," Eudora says.

"They're your rules, not mine. Think I ain't read the Constitution?"

"I don't think you can read."

"Come back with a warrant," He says before disappearing into the back room.

Eudora looks over at his desk, spotting a telephone. Getting an idea, she cautiously looks around before using it to make a phone call.

"Fighting Line Boxing. Al here," A voice answers.

"I'm looking for Diego Hargreeves," Eudora tells him.

"Not here."

"Tell him Detective Eudora Patch called. I think I found his brother. Tell him to meet me at 4535 Calhoun as soon as he can," She instructs.

"Uh, hold on, hold on," He says, getting a piece of paper before jotting the details down.

"I, uh… I could use some backup."

"All right, lady. I'll let him know you called."

Timeskip

"Well, we can't go back to the house," Luther said as he carried Five, Diego with Y/n. "It's not secure. Those psychopaths could come back at any moment."

"Morning," Y/n said before noticing the night sky. "Oh, it's night. Well, good night," Y/n says, snuggling closer to Diego.

"My place is closer. No one will look for him there," Diego says.

"If you vomit on me," Luther warns Five.

"You know what's funny? Ah! I'm going through puberty! Huh. Twice," He says as Y/n giggles. "And I… I drank the whole bottle, didn't I? Even though, Y/n told me not to. She didn't drink any. That's what you do when the world you love goes bye-bye. Poof, it's gone," He rambles.

"What were you guys talking about anyways?" Y/n asks.

"Two masked intruders attacked the Academy last night," Luther explains.

"They came looking for Five. So I need you to focus," Diego says. "What do they want?"

"Hazel and Cha-Cha," Five mumbles.

"Who?"

"You know I hate code names," Luther says.

"Ah, the best of the best," Five explains. "Except for me, of course."

"The best of what?" Luther asks.

"You know, Delores always said she hated it when I drink. Said it made me surly."

"Hey!" Diego yells.

"Hm? Yeah?"

"I need you to focus. What do this Hazel and Cha-Cha want?" Diego asks as Five responds with a smile. "We just wanna protect you," Diego says.

"Protect me? I don't need your protection, Diego," Five spits. "Do you have any idea how many people I've killed?"

"No."

"I'm the Four frickin' Horsemen," Five says. "The apocalypse is coming!" He says before he and Y/n pass out, Five after vomiting, again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.4K 1K 30
"What the hell happend? How did I got here?" "It is okay number eight, you're save here." Fem!reader On October the first 1989,the 12th hour of the d...
83 0 8
"On the 1st October 1989, 43 woman gave birth to a child all around the world even tho at the start of the day they haven't been pregnant..." "A bill...
187 6 10
On the 12th hour of the first day of October 1989, 43 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the fact that none of these women h...
16.2K 710 30
"On the twelfth hour of the first day of October nineteen eighty-nine, forty-three women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the f...