false confidence. [original]

By shayslater

EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN SECRET Everyone has great confidence in themselves... but what really is the truth beh... More

Characters
FC: 1
FC: 2
FC: 3
FC: 4
FC: 5
FC: 6
FC: 7
FC: 8
FC: 9
FC: 10
FC: 11
FC: 12
FC: 13
FC: 14
FC: 15
FC: 16
FC: 17
FC: 18
FC: 19
FC: 20
FC: 21
FC: 22
FC: 23
FC: 24
FC: 25
FC: 26
FC: 27
FC: 28
FC : 29
FC: 30
FC: 31
FC: 32
FC: 33
FC: 34
FC: 35
FC: 36
FC: 37
FC: 38
FC: 39
FC: 40
FC: 41
FC: 42
FC: 43
FC: 44
FC: 45
FC: 46
FC: 47
FC: 48
FC: 49
FC: 51
FC: 52
FC: 53
FC: 54
FC: 55
FC: 56
FC: 57
FC: 58
FC: 59
FC: 60
FC: 61
FC: 62
FC: 63
FC: 64
FC: 65
FC: 66
FC: 67
FC: 68
FC: 69
FC: 70

FC: 50

66 6 58
By shayslater

" I can't believe you did it." Elise said entering Nick's room." I've done worse." Nick said looking up from his laptop." And besides, I wasn't the one who killed him." Nick said.

" Then who did? It's obvious that it's you." Elise said." I didn't kill him, I tortured him." Nick said." Andrei did it." Nick said.

" You can never go wrong with him. He does his job clean. No one will suspect it was him or us." Nick smiled looking at Elise." Although, I've killed people before. But you know. It's only the people who deserves it. And also self defense." He said.

Elise just shook her head and went out of his room.
................

Monday morning, Cassie went downstairs to see all of her cousins waiting for her in the dining room." It's about time. I'm starving." Sean said that made them laugh. Cassie smiled and sat down to join them for breakfast.

After breakfast, Isabela and Owen went to the bar to monitor the workers while the rest stayed in the mansion and Alex, Elio, Nick, Avery, Natalie, Elise, and Cassie drove to school.

Cassie looked out the window as Alex parked their car. As they head out, students in the parking lot looked at them. Cassie looked down and followed her cousins inside.

Same reaction when they entered the school. Cassie saw Oliver, Liv, Liam, and Max by the lockers looking at them." I'll see you guys later." Alex said.

" I'll see you guys in class." Nick said kissing his sisters foreheads, surprising them as he and Elio left." I'm gonna go." Avery walked away." They are so weird." Natalie said walking away leaving Cassie and Elise.

" Hey, I heard you won. Congrats." Max said. Elise and Cassie smiled." Thanks, I was wondering where were you at that time." Elise said.

" Sorry I couldn't make it. I was helping mom." Max said." That's fine." Elise said." How are you guys doing? I heard the media blamed you for Isaak's death." Max asked.

" The murderer has already been caught. He already admitted. That's the proof we didn't do anything." Elise said.

" I'll see you in class. Come on Cassie." Elise said holding Cassie 's hand and walked away. Cassie glanced at her friends before going with Elise.
............
When the two arrived in the class, Max and his friends followed behind.

" Great, the murderers are here." Jordyn said. Elise and Cassie looked at her.

" What did you say?!" Cassie asked.
" I said... YOU murdered Isaak." Jordyn said and everyone in class were all feeling tensed at the glaring across the room.

" We didn't murder him." Cassie said." Maybe you didn't but your cousin did." Jordyn said.

Cassie was about to answer back but Elise stopped her." As far as I know, I'm not a murderer Jordyn." Elise said.

" And why are you so defensive about Isaak?" Elise asked. Jordyn couldn't think of any word to say.

" Go back to hell where you belong." Jordyn yelled. Everyone in the room gasped.

Cassie was about to attack Jordyn but Elise stopped her.

" Oh don't worry Jordyn... Hell has a special place for you. Straight down to the boiler room where people like you, burn forever."

Everyone was speechless." What's going on here?" Ms. Gina asked, entering the room.

" Nothing." Elise smiled before sitting down. Cassie and everybody else sat down.

Jordyn kept her eye on Elise and Elise felt it. She turned to Jordyn.
Both glaring at each other.

" Ladies. Eyes up here." Ms. Gina called for their attention. After class, as They're about to head out Jordyn purposely bumped Elise's shoulder.

" What the hell is your problem?!" Cassie asked." Cassie, is there a problem here?" Ms. Gina asked.

" Jordyn called Elise a murderer when she has no proof. She's blaming Elise on killing Isaak." Cassie said.

" Cassie, there's no need to tell Ms. Gina anything. We shouldn't be wasting our time to such a childish act." Elise said looking at Jordyn from head to toe.

" Let's go." Elise said. Cassie glared at Jordyn before leaving the room.
Jordyn looked at Ms. Gina before leaving.
.............  

" Where's Tati?" Avery asked her friends." We don't know. She said she has something to do." Tahani said." Did she tell the exact reason?" Avery asked.

" Something that involves working at night. Her dad is sick and needs to maintain medication but they have nothing left so she has to work." Bailey said.

" She could've just asked me for help." Avery said." That's what I told her, but she refused. She said that you've done enough for her and her family." Amari said.

" Well does her job pay her enough money?" Avery asked." Ooh! She just texted me. She said she got the job." Tahani said." That's amazing!" Gabe said.

" Her new bosses said they'll pay her a lot of money." Tahani said." That's great, she can finally provide her dad's medication." Sean said.

" Where is she working then?" Natalie asked." A coffee shop?" Jake asked." I asked her about it last night, but she said she can't tell us." Tahani said.

" Oh well... as long as she's making money for her family, good for her." Natalie said. Everyone smiled. Natalie looked at Sean looking at Avery with a smile before going back to his seat.

Avery then looked at her flashing a smile before going back to her seat." Is there something wrong?" Nick whispered to Natalie.

Natalie looked at her brother and shook her head. Avery glanced at Natalie, her smile slightly faded and felt unease. She knows her sister feel upset about her and Sean.

Elio and Nick noticed their sisters actions around each other whenever Sean's around." Good morning class." Alex said entering the room with a smile.

His students greeted him." Today, We'll be watching Little Women. Just for fun." Alex said.

" What are we? At 8th grade?" Natalie asked." Is there something wrong Natalie?" Alex asked." We've already watched it at 8th grade." Natalie said.

" I haven't." Noah said raising his hand at the back of the class." See, some people haven't. Now, let's watch the movie." Alex said then someone knocked on the door.

" Excuse me sir, I believe I'm in this class." A guy said." Right on time, we were just about to watch a movie. I'm Mr. Alexander Harper, but you can call me Mr. Alex. Please introduce yourself first before taking a seat." Alex said and the guy nodded.

The girls looked at him in awe." Hi everyone. My name is Louis Hayes. I'm 19 years old from London, UK." Louis introduced and everyone looked at him then at Natalie.

Natalie felt everyone looking at her so she looked at Louis who smiled at her." Louis, take your seat." Alex said. Louis nodded and sat down next to Nick.

Louis smiled at everyone near him including Elio and Nick." Let's start." Alex said and started the movie.

After watching the movie, Alex looked at his students." What do you think of the movie?" Alex asked." Laurie should've ended up with Jo." Jake said.

" Uh No. First of All, Laurie deserves Amy." Amari said." Can someone explain what is your understanding about it?" Alex asked.

Louis raised his hand." The story started when Jo met Laurie at a party. They had a bond with each other. They had fun. When Meg sprained her ankle, Laurie offered his carriage as they were neighbors. That's when Laurie met Amy, who seems to like him. It was like love at first sight." Louis said.

Everyone in class looked at him." Continue." Alex said." Laurie started to like Jo and soon after they became best friends. Still, Amy was in love with Laurie, but Laurie didn't realize that because he was in love with Jo." Louis said.

Natalie glanced at Avery, feeling as she was the Amy in the part of the story and Jo was Avery who didn't realize Sean was in love with her.

" When Laurie proposed to Jo, she rejected it saying they would just fight and that they don't belong together... 7 years later, as Amy was in Europe, she saw Laurie. They hang out a lot together." Louis said.

The part of it reminded of the phase when Natalie and Sean spends a lot of time together. Sean glanced at Natalie.

" Eventually, he admitted he liked Amy, but Amy refused to believe as she think Laurie only loved her because she couldn't have Jo for himself. But at the end of it, they got married and Jo regretted it but understood that she have to be happy for her sister because as she said. Life is too short to be angry at one sister." Louis explained.

" Strange how the story sounded oddly familiar." Kalani said. Natalie, Avery, and Sean looked at her." Supposed you knew it was you three." Kalani said and Natalie glared at her.

" If I were to write the sequel of Little Women, I'll definitely write down when Amy and Laurie broke up as Amy found out Laurie was still madly in love with her sister Jo.  It sound like a good story right, Natalie? Don't be offended though, at least you and Sean were together... for awhile." Kalani laughed.

" Man, I pity you. You couldn't live a day, without being a nosy bitch who can't mind her own fucking business." Natalie said that surprised everyone." Natalie, Language." Alex said.

" And as for you, Kalani. It's not right to interfere with anyone's personal matter." Alex said." Oh please, you're just defending her because she is your sister." Kalani said.

" Even if she's someone else, I'd still say the same thing. You're not involved into anyone's problems so you shouldn't be talking about it." Alex said.

" Class dismiss." Alex said and everyone headed out of the room.
...........

At the library, Natalie sat down at a different table than usual, when her siblings were about to join her." Can I be alone?... Please?" Natalie asked.

" Did something happen?" Elise asked her siblings." If this is about the topic earlier-" Avery was cut off.

" Avery, will you just shut up?! Literally, just leave me alone." Natalie spoke, some of the people in the library heard her.

Including Max, Liam, Liv, Oliver, Louis, and some people from the Golden 3. Avery, blinked her eyes for a couple of seconds." If that's what you want. I understand." Avery said trying not to tear up before walking out of the library.

Sean saw what happened and followed Avery while Natalie saw Sean follow Avery.

Elise and Cassie looked at Elio, Alex, and Nick. They went to their usual table.

" What the hell happened?!" Elise asked her brothers." It's his fault." Elio pointed at Alex.

" I didn't know the story relates to them." Alex said." Didn't you hire a private investigator? I thought you already know everything?" Elise asked.

" I guess not all of it." Nick said.
" You guys better fix this." Elise said.
.......
As Cassie and Elise sit down at their table, Oliver, Liv, Liam, and Max stood in front of them.

Elise and Cassie looked at them.
" What brings you here?" Elise asked." Are you still upset about the party?" Oliver asked.

" Didn't you promise Cassie you would protect her?" Elise asked.
" I did, and I am very sorry for it. I shouldn't have left her alone at the party." Oliver apologized.

" I just have to ask. Why didn't you tell us you were related to Elise?" Liv asked.

" Because you didn't ask." Cassie said.

" It was my idea that Cassie shouldn't tell people about me. I did it to protect her." Elise said.

" Cassie's been with me ever since I went missing here. She and grandpa took care of me while-... Nevermind." Elise said.

" Please forgive me." Oliver said.
Cassie looked at her cousin, pleading her to forgive Oliver. She could not stand another day not talking to him.

" Oliver really regretted everything and swore not to do it again." Liam said. Elise looked at Max and Liv who nodded.

" Fine." Elise said. Oliver smiled and quickly hugged Elise and then Cassie." I've missed you." He whispered to Cassie.
.........
As Avery went out of the library, she went to the auditorium and sat down on one of the chairs.

" Avery." Sean said sitting down next to her as she wipes her tears. Placing his hand on her back to comfort her.

" Natalie's mad at me." Avery said.
" I don't want her to get mad at me." She added. Sean sighed and pulled her into a hug, his hand on her head.

" Avery-" Alex, Elio, and Nick stopped as they saw Avery being comforted by Sean.

" We should leave them alone." Elio said." You do realize it's the guy our sisters are fighting about, right?" Nick asked.

" Elio's right. We should leave them alone." Alex said. The boys looked at them one more time before leaving.
.........

Natalie was alone at the table and Louis decided to sit in front of her.
" Hi." Louis smiled.

Natalie looked at him confused." I'm Louis Hayes." He introduced himself." I know who you are. We're on the same class." Natalie said.

" What's your name?" Louis asked.
" Natalie Harper." Natalie introduced." As I know of, you are Mr. Alex's sister." Louis said.

" I am." Natalie said." I've roamed around the school, you're quite one of the popular girls. I've seen you in the wall of fame. You're on every category and seen your portrait with 2 others that I assume are your sisters. Avery and Elise?" Louis asked.

" For a transferee, you seemed to know a lot already." Natalie said.
" I transferred here because my uncle is training as a detective. You know Detective Hayes, right? " Louis asked.

" So my guess is right. You're Liam's cousin. He's my younger sister's best friend. And detective Hayes is like our second father figure." Natalie said.

" I've heard about that. Sorry for your loss." Louis said. Natalie just smiled." Uhm... I heard we're the same age. And Liam said you're the smartest kid in school." Louis said.

" You could say that." Natalie said.
Louis chuckled." Uh.. Here." Louis gave her a chocolate.

" What's this for?" Natalie asked.
" I've noticed that you were stressed because of what Kalani said in class. I'm not gonna ask you any details about it if you don't want to talk about it. And you've told Avery to leave you alone. To be honest, I was hesitant to approach you at first, but I know at some point you need someone to talk to other than your sisters. " Louis said.

" I have 2 older brothers other than Alex. Which is Nick and Elio who was sitting beside you in class." Natalie said.

" Right. Everytime I feel stressed about some things, I always eat chocolate. It helps me calm down. So I thought maybe it can help you relieve stress too." Louis said.

" Thanks." Natalie said." No problem." He smiled. Natalie looked back to her book and smiled a little.

Louis Hayes
19

New characterrrr!!! And maybe.... A love interest??? It's just for the Story I swear! Just for the story.
You guys know how much I'm in love with Tate I would die when she's gonna start dating boys. I love her to death!! I want to marry her!!

Just for the story. Just for the Story.

!PEACE OUT!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

864K 18.3K 49
The rivalry between high schools is fierce. But the rivalry between Baylor High School and Brentwood High School was fiercer. When people come to th...
54.8K 858 19
everyone has a secret, wether it's a good or bad one, we all have one. [short story]
10.1K 384 12
what happens if their secrets come to light?
7.3K 357 37
"Sometimes it's just easier to keep everything a secret than to explain everything to everyone."