The Bloom Titan (1/2)

De Supreme_Noeva

The waves crash onto the golden sand, leaving foam on the shore as it pulls back. It is a special day, as a g... Mais

CH.1: The Adori Manor
CH.2: Devastated and Alone
CH.3: Bad Dreams
CH.4: Goodbye Home
CH.5: On the Run
CH.7: The Final Tests
CH.8: The Night of The Ceremony
CH.9: All Hell has Returned
CH.10: Promise
CH.11: The Forgotten
CH.12: Roses
CH.13: Strange Power
CH.14: Humanity's Last Hope
CH.15: Relief for Trost.
CH.16: Trial to Determine Life or Death
CH.17: The Special Operations Squad.
CH.18: An Expedition Outside The Walls
CH.19: Ghost on our Trail
CH.20: The Female Titan
CH.21: A Pain Filled Cry
CH.22: Failure or Success?
CH.23: Counter Attack
CH.24: Plan B
CH.25: Fire Against Fire
CH.26: Danger Within Wall Rose
CH.27: More Like Us
CH.28: Cold hands
CH.29: Traitors in our Midst
CH.30: The Repeat
CH.31: Bloom
CH.32: Rare Encounter
CH.33: New-found Power
CH.34: Sweet Failure
CH.35: New Grounds
CH.36:Escape
CH.37: Body Double Mission
CH.38: Distant Memory
CH.39: Distant Memory (Pt.2)
CH.40: Mission Failed
CH.41: The Cave of Crystal
CH.42: Ritual
CH.43: A Massive Problem
CH.44: Against a Giant
CH.45: Action
CH.46: Kenny Ackerman
CH.47: Queen Historia
CH.48: Answers
CH.49: Arielle Harper and Dr. Jeager
CH.50: Understanding
CH.51: The Night Before Hell
CH.52: The Lands We Once Called Home
CH.53: The Return of the Traitors
CH.54: Nobility
CH.55: Grace
CH.56: Tranquillity
CH.57: Elegance
CH.58: Numbness
CH:59: Discovery of the Unknown
CH.60: Outside the Walls
CH.61: Malice
CH.62: The Restorationists
CH.63: Blessings and Paradise.
CH.64: The Angel of Destruction
CH.65: The Curse of Ymir
CH.66: An Extra Traitor
CH:67: The Funeral for the Fallen Heroes
CH.68: February 8th, 851
CH.69: Dream

CH.6: More Friends and Foes

779 22 5
De Supreme_Noeva

I arrived at the southern cadet corps in the early hours of the morning and stabled Maggie.
There was only a few people at the moment and Eren, Mikasa and Armin hadn't arrived yet so I was temporarily alone for now.

A hand went down on my shoulder, making me shriek. I turned to see a tall boy and a boy with blonde hair. I felt like I've met them before but can't remember when.
"Hello Ezlyn, long time no see."The blonde boy smiles, removing his hand off my shoulder.

"Wait... Reiner? Bertholdt?"I ask turning to face the duo. I finally remembered them from two years ago when Reiner bumped into me.

"Yep that would be us."Reiner smiles, showing his pristine teeth.

"You're both so big now, wow."I muse as I notice their height. They were the same height as me last time I saw them but now they were towering over me.

"Ha, and you're still at least the same height from two years ago, by the looks of it."Reiner pets my head. I do not like getting petted.

I jumped up and petted his head to see how he would like it. "How do you like that, huh?"

They both just stand there and laugh at me jumping about trying to pet their heads.
"Ezlyn!" A voice shouts from behind me.

I stop jumping about and turn to see the owner of the voice. Eren was running towards me with Mikasa and Armin trailing behind. They finally arrived.
"Sorry, I now need to go, cya later." I say to Bertholdt and Reiner and run off.

"Who were they?" Armin asks when he caught up to Eren.

I let out a sigh. "Just some acquaintances I met a few years ago." I rub the back of my neck.

Moments later the whole grounds was full of people. Two hundred people at the most.
"All Cadets! Line up into eight rows, right this second, otherwise there's consequences!" A voice boomed over the grounds.

We all scrambled into eight rows. I stood next to Eren as a bald man walks in front of everyone. "Good Morning Cadets! I am Commandment Keith Shadis and you will grow to hate me in the next three years. I'm going to train you until you're traumatised by this place so when you're older you have nightmares of this place!" He begins.

Wow he's so serious. As if people are going to be intimidated by him.

He walks up to Armin that's standing next to me. "You! What's you're name and where are you from!"

Armin quickly salutes. "Armin Arlert, from Shiganshina!"

"Wow, talk about a stupid name, who gave it to you? You're parents?" He mocks.

"It was my grandfather's sir!"Armin is shaking intensely.

"Oh really, why are you here Arlert!"

"I'm here to aid humanity's victory against the titans!"A bead of sweat drips from his brow.

"Hm, I'd say you'd be help fattening up the titans instead!" Shadis shouts.

He walks up to me next.
"Ah, it's you, Ezlyn Harper. Best not to talk to mere Titan fodder like yourself, but what are you doing here?"

"I'm here because I'm going to avenge my friends and kill that colossal titan with ease, Sir!" I announce, seriousness lacing my tone.

"And how are you so sure you're going to get the chance before meeting you're death, Cadet?"

"Because I was told by Erw- Commander Smith that my instincts were incredible and that gave me the assurance of defeating that red beast, sir!" I stumble over my words. I notice all the eyes are on me.

"Hmm, so I heard, but jumping out a window with little chance of survival isn't instincts, it's stupidity. Row three, about face!" Shadis walks away to his next victim.

"Psst, You never told me you met Commander Smith or the crazy Shadis here."Eren hisses from beside me.

"Oh, I'm sorry I forgot to tell you... but I'll tell you about it later."I hiss back.

Eren nodded in agreement as we watched more people get humiliated by their Commander. He walked up to a bald looking boy. "Hey you, baldie, who are you and where are you from?"

He saluted the wrong way. "Connie Springer, from Ragako Village, Sir!"

He suddenly lifted Connie up by the head. "You've got it backwards Connie Springer," He started. "This salute is supposed to represent you're resolve and you devoting you're heart for our people's lives. Is your heart on you're right side!" He shouted in the boys face.

We all heard a crunch and then some munching. Behind Connie was a girl eating a potato. A steamed potato to be exact.
"Oi, you." Shadis drops Connie and makes his way over to the girl.

Not noticing Commander Shadis she takes another bite out of the potato.

Walls, she's in for it now.

"You're officially on my shit list!" Shadis yells in the girls face. "Who are you and where are you from so I can add you onto it as soon as possible!"

She swallows the remaining potato and salutes. "Sasha Braus, from Dauper Village, Reporting for duty!"

"Where did you get that potato?"

"From the mess hall, it was just asking to be eaten!" She reply's, still clutching the potato in her right hand over her heart.

"Stolen... huh. Why eat it now of all places?"Shadis asks intensely. The aura these two were giving off was enough to make humanity's strongest at least feel a bit of fright.

"It was getting cold, so I gave it shelter in the warmth of my stomach, sir."Sasha reply's seriously.
She is so serious but dence I'll end up laughing hysterically.

"Still though, why eat that potato?"

Sasha cringes. "Are you asking me why people eat potatoes, sir? I'm surprised you don't know."

There was an eerie silence as the wind blew over the training grounds. Picking up leaves and dust bunny's and throwing them across the grounds.

Sasha sighs and takes her potato and splits it in 'half'. "Here sir," She offers the smaller piece of potato to the Commander. "Have half."

The commander takes it in his hand. A look of disbelief drawn all over his face. "Have... 'half'?"

Sashas face contorts into an awkward smile. I'm so close to hysterically laughing it's unbelievable. Eren notices and pokes me in the leg.

"HOW CAN YOU CALL THIS HALF?!" Shadis suddenly shouts. "I want you to run from the mess hall to the barracks until sun down. That means skipping dinner," He walks away, Sasha looks as if she's going to cry.

She falls over onto her knees and starts sniffling. "No... dinner? Man that's like... like... DYING!" She finishes dramatically, flinging her hands up into the air.

"Hurry up Cadet!" Shadis shouts as he gets back to the front of the rows. "You're all dismissed for now, dinners at five, if you're late you're not getting anything!"

I walk away with Eren and Armin searching for Mikasa in the crowd of terrified cadets. "Man he's intimidating." Armin sighs.

"He wasn't like that the first time I met him."I mumble. I see Mikasa in the distance standing.
"There she is!"

I run over to her, Eren and Armin following behind. "Hey, we found you finally." I state.

"Yeah, but Armin are you okay, did he hurt you're feelings at all?" Mikasa asks. Putting her hand on his shoulder.

"Oh, yes I'm okay, anyways want to go check were our barracks are?" Armin reply's. Mikasa removes her hand from Armin and nods.

We all walk over to a information board and scan the list of names on the sheet of paper.
I scanned the list of names until my eyes landed on my own. Next to my name was 'Barracks-C (Fem)'.

"Oh Armin! I've got the same as you."Eren laughs, and looks over at Armin.

"So you do."Armin giggles back.
The way these two boys act sometimes its so childish. They act like two year olds quite often it's annoying.

"Well, I don't know anyone in my barracks, do you?"I look over at Mikasa as I question her.
She shakes her head in disagreement. I let out an exasperated sigh at the fact I have to make new friends and act strange. But I'll need to do it. "Well I'm going to go unpack my stuff, I'll meet you all in the mess hall tonight."

I wave goodbye and leave the trio behind to go to my assigned barracks.

I don't need to make friends, because when I join the survey corps they will likely follow me, then they might die, and I'm left heartbroken because it's partially my fault for their death.

My thoughts were interrupted when I walked right into someone. "Tsk, watch it."I hiss and walk away.

I felt a hand go down on my shoulder and pull me around. "What do you think you're doing." A boy with blonde hair hissed.

He had a bigger frame than me, bigger than Reiner almost. "What does it look like, I'm walking away." I retort. Giving him a deadly glare.

"But you bumped into me, at least apologise short stack." He says smugly.

Short stack? SHORT! STACK?! He's really pissing me off.

"Why should I apologise to someone who has just insulted me."I hiss through clenched teeth.

"Well, it would be nice. To know I have a polite, pretty girl apologise to me, man the boys back home would be jealous of me."

POLITE? PRETTY?! I may have looks but that doesn't say I'm polite.

I ripped his hand off my shoulder, grabbed the back of his head and brought it down on my knee with a strong force. I heard a crack that must've came from his nose.

He fell to the ground, holding his nose. "Psh, you've done it missy." He launches himself towards me and grabbing my ankle. He pulls me to the ground and gets up above me. He grabs me by the hair and lifts me up. I saw there was a crowd gathering around us. At the corner of my eye I saw Mikasa being held back by Armin and Eren. I stuck my thumb up at her and winked. She calmed down but kept a concerned look.

"You're a little witch you know, breaking my nose like that." The boy fumes in my ear.

"And you're no different." I kick my heel up next to my hand and grab the dagger out my boot. I always kept a dagger in my boot because you never know when you'll need it. I slice away at the hair that is just under his hand, cutting me free. I twist round and roundhouse him in the face. He went flying in the other direction. I quickly jumped onto him and held him in a headlock. I have to wait until he looses consciousness but he keeps struggling.

He somehow breaks out of my headlock and starts to strangle me, both his hands wrapped round my neck and his weight pressing down on it, completely cutting off the air from getting to my lungs.
"What you going to do now doll?"He asks with a devilish grin on his face.

I close my eyes and relax my body so he thinks I'm out cold but in reality I'm wide awake. He withdraws his hands and stands up. I suddenly open my eyes and glare daggers at him.

(Ignore my horrible line art. I done this as fast as I could)

"What the-" those words were heard before I kicked him in the stomach and jumped to my feet. He stood clutching his stomach, wobbling occasionally. I swiped his feet out from under him and he fell to the ground. "Please, stop."He pleaded. "I'm sorry." He curled up into a ball.

"Well I'm sorry for what's going to happen next." I retorted blankly.

"Wait, wha-" he was cut off by me knocking him out. I chopped the back of his neck with my hand and he was out cold instantly.

I stood up straight and wiped my hands free of dirt. "Anyone who messes with me, will likely suffer the same fate." I announce, as I walk away through the crowd.

I regret cutting my hair now, but it's better than getting beaten up in front of my comrades. I've got to set an example for myself, whether it be a good or bad one. I need to let them know I'm not afraid to put anyone in their place.

"E-excuse me!" A voice shouted behind me. I turned around to see a boy with a muffin top, and a raven haired boy running up to me.
"Yes?"

"Uhm, we were wondering, how did you do that, we've seen someone who fought like that before as well,"The muffin top boy stutters.

"If you're wondering if I'm the so called 'mystery scout', yes I am. You don't need to be scared of me though, I'm just as sweet as a freshly picked apple, but if you do mess with me I'll turn rotten." I add, flashing them a toothy grin.

"Oh, I see. Well I'm Jean and this is Marco, we both come from trost." The muffin top boy laughs, patting his friend in the back.

"Nice to meet you, Jean and Marco, I hope we become friends."I smile offering my hand for a handshake. We had a handshake and walked around and talked for a while.

"You know, Marco is quite good at doing hair, he could fix you're hair... if you want of course." Jean adds. Rubbing the back of his neck as Marco gives him a glare.

"Mm, yeah I would like that, if you don't mind Marco." I look over at Marco willingly. Pink slightly dusts his cheeks.

"Oh, yes. What about tomorrow night after supper, at the boys barracks?" Marco asks, as we stop outside my assigned barracks.

"Sure that sounds decent, I'll see you tonight at dinner first." I agree as I walk up the steps. I wave goodbye and approach the door.

"Cya at dinner then."Jean says as they both walk off.

I walk into the barracks and they have hardly any girls in them. Most of them look at me then start whispering to their friends or just go quiet and watch as I walk over to a free bunk. I take the bottom bed and flop onto it face first. There was a few giggles behind me but as soon as I turned around it went quiet. Most of my bags were already on the bed so I didn't need to go back to Maggie to get much stuff.

***

I entered the mess hall for dinner and saw Eren crowded by people. I roll my eyes and walk over to the serving table to get my dinner. I turn around and see Jean and Marco sitting at the table across from Eren. "Heyo."I say, sitting down next to Jean.

"Oh Hello Ezlyn."Marco smiles from across the table.

"How's you're evening been?"Jean asks.

I play about with my food with my fork before answering. "Eh, I received loads of stares, probably from my fight with that rude boy."
I glance up at the two boys. "What about you two?"

"Well Marco and I have just wondered about the stables looking for horses that we can claim as our own, for when the time comes of course." Jean answers. He takes a large bite out of his bread.

We heard a large clunk and a slapping noise. I looked over at where the noise came from and it was Eren, sitting there with his hand over his mouth and his eyes wide open in fear.

"C-come on guys, I don't think he wants to remember what he's been through." A small black haired girl stated.

I'm guessing he said he's from Shiganshina and that he seen the colossal titan. But little do they know I almost killed the damn thing.

"No, it's fine," He started munching away at his bread, viciously. "In these next three years I'm going to work my ass off so I can kill all the titans, every single last one of them. I'm going to be just like my friend Ezlyn and try to kill the colossal titan when I get the chance." All eyes seemed to fly over to me. "She's likely the strongest one here and one day I'm going to beat her."

"Eren!"I pouted and looked away.

"Yeah right, as if you'll kill all the titans, I bet when you see a titan for the first time you'll cower in fear, you suicidal bastard." Jean laughs.

"Jean... stop."I whisper in his ear.

"So what, but are you making fun of me?"Eren stands up and glares at Jean.

"Maybe."Jean reply's and copy's Eren.

"By the way, I heard you're aiming for the military police so you're guaranteed a safe and secure life within the interior. To be honest I don't think you're head will fit inside the interior." Eren snarls.

Jean is fuming with rage. You could see steam coming out his ears. "You really want a fight?" Jean shouts grabbing Erens shirt.

"Go ahead, what you going to do. Neigh?" Eren growls.

I stand up and grab Jeans shoulders while Mikasa grabs Erens wrist. "Eren, it's not worth it." Mikasa mutters, without emotion. Jean has stars in his eyes. 'Oh god.'
"Yeah, you're right Mikasa."Eren reply's. "Let's go."

They both walk away but Jean gets out my grasp and runs after her. "Uhm, excuse me. Uh. I wanted to say, you have really nice hair."he stutters.

Mikasa turns and looks at him blankly. "Thanks."

She walks out the door after Eren. Jean shakes his head and runs after her. Again.

I roll my eyes and sit back down next to Marco. "He's lost it already." Marco laughs. "He's found someone that's his type."

"What? Mikasa?!"I squeak, dumbfounded.

"Haha, yes. Every time I went over to his house I always see at least one drawing of a girl with black hair. And it creepily looks exactly like Mikasa." Marco giggles. The thought of it made me laugh.

"Well that explains why he acted like that there." I finish the last of my dinner and stand up. "Well I need to go do my horse. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Horse?! You already have a horse?"He exclaims. His eyes wide open and his mouth hung open.

"Yeah, I've had her since I was ten. She's turning seven this year." I calmly reply, knowing he'd have this sort of reaction.

"Can I come with you?" He asks. An excited expression painted on his face.

I nod and smile. "Sure, if we run into Jean on the way, he can come as well."

***
I stood in the stable, brushing one side of Maggie as Marco gets the other. Jean on the other hand was filing up her water and hay nets.

"She's beautiful."Marco says. He's had his breath taken away by Maggie's gorgeousness.

"I know she is." I sigh, brushing away her loose winter coat. "But her personality is the opposite of beautiful if you give her an apple or sugar cube." I giggle.

Marco lets out a chuckle. "I can't imagine this gentle one being so bad."

We hear a thud from outside the stable. I run over to the stable door and peek over it. It was Jean. He had dropped the bucket of water and it had soaked his jeans.
I tried hiding my on coming laughter but couldn't, I burst out laughing. He looked up at me and scowled. "What?"

"O-Oh, I just find it funny how you, dropped something and you try acting cool but you drop the something that is lighter than a feather!" I try to stop laughing but I can't stop.

He pouted and picked the bucket back up and walked back over to the well. I wiped away the hysterical tears and walked out the stable to go help Jean. "Here you go brush Maggie and I'll do the water." I say handing him the brush.

"Oh, okay. Thanks."Jean took the brush and headed into the stable.

I put the handle of the bucket onto the hook and lowered it down the well. I turned the wheel until I heard the bucket slap the water.
I waited a few moments until the rope got heavy and pulled the bucket back up with ease.

It got back to the top of the well and I picked it up off the hook and walked over to the stable. "That's the water done, did you manage the hay nets?" I ask placing the water bucket next to the stable door.

"Yes, I sat one outside the stable and hung one up in here." Jean reply's.

"Well thank you for you're help. Both of you. I'm glad we could become friends,"I smile nervously. "To be honest with you both, I wasn't planning on making any friends. But a few won't hurt right?"

"No problem, I'm glad we could become friends with someone so elite like you."Marco beams.

"Oh, don't flatter me Marco." I deride, shaking my hands out in front of me. "Anyways I'm going to go a quick ride in the morning before breakfast so I need to go to bed."

"Okay then, we'll finish up and see you in the morning." Jean offers.

"Thank you both, again. Goodnight." I walk out the barn towards my barracks.

The barracks are in front of the stables so it's not a long walk to go see Maggie and take her out, or go to bed after looking after her.

I enter the barracks to see almost everyone in bed. There was a few people reading or writing letters to their family. I make my way to my bed and go into my drawers for my night wear.
I fish out the outfit and change into it.

I finish getting changed and slip under my covers awaiting for sleep to overtake me.
Finally my eyelids started to flutter and close.
The darkness of sleep had overtook me finally.

---
"Please stop!" Mama yells as Papa grabs her by the hair.

"No." Papa reply's blankly. His gaze suddenly falls onto me. "Tch, what are you looking at?"

I couldn't speak or move. Just stare. "So, you think that question is rhetorical? Answer me!" He yells again.

He flings Mama against a wall by her hair and she lets out a yelp. Papa starts approaching me, a resentful look spread over his face. His eyes full of hatred

"Answer. Me." He says in a low tone. He stood above me looking down on me with his evil eyes.

I still couldn't speak. All I could do is make small noises. I whimpered and sunk into the wall. He lets out an agitated sigh. "I'm not sorry for what you're going to endure next."

He kicks me in the stomach quite hard. I was winded and it was hard to breathe. He never gave me time to recover. He brought his foot down on the back of my head, my face hit the floor, making a cracking sound on impact which I guessed was my nose breaking. My vision blurred. There was a dripping noise. I looked down to see wet spots. I was... crying?

Papa grabbed my hair and lifted me up. "Now will you answer me?" He hisses in my face.
I was angry. Angrier than ever. The angriest I've ever been.
I spit in his face and glare at him. He gives me a sarcastic grin and throws me to the floor hard. As soon as I land I get to my knees and look back at him. I felt some liquid fall down my brow and into my eye. It stung and I wiped it away. I inspected my hand and it was red. 'Have I hurt my head?' I feel where my hairline is and it stung.

I must've split it when he chucked me to the ground. I felt a heavy weight pushed into my back sending me back to the ground face first.

My ears rung as I watched papa walk back over to Mama. "N-no, don't h-hurt me." She pleas but papas fist connects with her jaw and she cries out in agony. She sat there clutching her jaw and crying out a never ending river of tears.

Papa walks over to the kitchen counter and grabs something off of it. The object shone in the candlelight. A knife. He spun around and threw it at mama.
***
I wake up suddenly. My pillow is soaked and I'm sweating all over. 'Damn nightmare.'
I sit up and look over at the window. A faint light could be seen from behind the curtain.

I let out a small sigh and shuffle out of bed. I grab my uniform.
Yesterday we were asked to wear the ODM gear harnesses which I already had.

I still don't understand why I was asked to join the cadets. I'm stronger than a veteran scout but they still wanted me to join the cadets. Probably so I could become stronger or something. But I'm glad I came, I've made two new friends already, and an enemy I don't know the name of yet.

I finished buckling the straps around my legs and slipped the leather boots over my feet and walked out into the fresh morning air.

It was quite cold but it didn't bother me at all. I marched my way behind the barracks and into the stables. Maggie was standing sleeping until I gave her a quick pet. "Good morning Maggie. How'd you feel if we went out a small hack?"

She nuzzled my hand then licked it. I let out a small giggle and walked off the get her saddle and bridal.

A few moments later she was tacked up and ready to go out. I mounted her at the mounting block and gave her a light kick in the ribs. She walked ahead through the barn door.

The sun was hovering above the treetops and I saw a few people coming out the barracks. I pushed Maggie into a canter and we rode up the dirt path that leads to the plains.

We rode through a small forest for a while. The bird were singing and the leaves were dancing with the gentle breeze of wind. I saw multiple deer and hares jump across the path in front of me. The forest slowly opened up into a flower field filled with millions of colours. Pink, purple, red, blue, violet, yellow, white and so on.

I bribed Maggie into a gallop and we took off. Her strides were long, dreamy and smooth. There was a small stream up ahead that was unavoidable. "Right, we're gonna jump this, okay!" I exclaim, my thrill getting bigger and bigger.

We took off over the stream, soaring through the sky like birds. We landed softly on the other side of the stream. In the distance I heard the bells signaling breakfast time. 'God already?'

Maggie waded through the stream then galloped back to the forest.

***
I sat down at an empty table and dug into my porridge. I'm not a massive fan of porridge but it has loads of nutrients so it's pretty much heathy.

"G'morning Ezlyn." I looked to my side to see Eren sit down next to me.

"Good morning." I reply faintly as Mikasa sits down on the other side of me and Armin across.

"I saw you go out on Maggie this morning, did you have fun?" Armin asks.

"Yes, there is a beautiful flower field east of here. It was amazing." I laugh. I take another spoonful of porridge.

"Wow, that sounds quite fun." Armin muses.

Armin was a shy and introverted boy but incredibly smart. He loved books and nature. He doesn't seem like he'd be a good fighter but he'd be amazing at making up strategy's to overcome problems.
Mikasa was a strong and beautiful girl, and almost never leaves Erens side. I never heard how Erens family managed to adopt Mikasa but I'll find out one day. Shes likely going to become an elite soldier in whatever regiment she joins.
Eren had quite bad anger issues against titans but has marvelous resolve. I heard what happened to Carla Jeager, I was sad for a long time because whenever I went for dinner there she's treat me like her own. Eren might be a good fighter but he'll end up running into a fight without thinking about consequences.

"Oi, Ezlyn why are you sitting with the suicidal bastard?" It was Jean.

I turn and face him. "Because I'm friends with him?" I giggle. He looks shocked at first but calms down.

He clears his throat. "Well, erm, I heard today we are going to check our balance on the gear but I'm guessing that you'll manage that fine." He says with a weak smile.

"Yeah, I probably will. But you and Marco will do fine aswell." I add with a reassuring grin.

"Hehe, thanks." Jean rubbed the back of his neck.

I finished the rest of my porridge and got up to sit it at the serving table then headed out onto the training grounds.
***
"Cadet Harper, it's you're turn!" Shadis yells.

We were practicing our balance on the 3DMG frames and it had finally came to my turn.
I approached the frame and stood in the middle. One of the other cadets came up to me to help attach the wires but I shoo'd them away.

I hooked myself up to the dangling wires and nodded, signaling I was ready to be lifted. I was slowly raised up, my feet no longer touching the ground. I stayed completely still, occasionally swaying from side to side.
"Now, Cadets, Cadet Harper has already learnt the basics of ODM gear as you can see, so I've managed to get a few elites here today so we can put her to the test and see if she really is good at her ODM gear skills. Corporal, section commander, you can show yourselves." Shadis announces.

I turn my head to see Hange and Levi walk through the crowd. My jaw fell open at the sight of them. "So, hows being a Cadet?" Hange asks me, shading her eyes from the sun.

I let out an audible sigh. "It's okay, I've made friends, and an enemy."

I was lowered back to the ground and had my wires unclasped from my waist. I was handed a small metal case by Hanji. "That is you're new gear! Y'know since you're fathers gear was outdated and old." They smiled. I rolled my eyes and opened up the case and started putting on my gear.

I finished getting the new gear on and followed Shadis to the forest same with all the other cadets. 'Can't believe I have to race these two in front of my comrades.'

"You'll be racing Section Commander Zoë first and if you win you'll go against Corporal Levi." Shadis shouts leading me up a large platform at the edge of the forest entrance.

I stood at the edge of the platform with Hange standing next to me. "I'm excited to see you're skills up close." She babbles.

"The race will last until one of you reach the other side of the forest! Ready! Set! Go!" Shadis shot off a flare.

I launched myself into the woods and grappled onto trees as fast as I could. I was way ahead of Hange already.
I used my gas a bit more so I could gain as much ground away from Hange. I was mainly using momentum for gaining speed and saving the gas for the end just in case Hange does manage to catch up.

As if on queue Hange flys up next to me as the end of the forest grew near. She glances over and me and shows a triumphant smirk as if she's already won, but I'm just going to ruin it for her. I give her a devilish grin and use the last of my gas to shoot by her and out the forest.

I land softly on the ground and Hange lands next to me, out of breath. "Wow." Was all they could say.

"Let's head back now."Hange smiles after catching her breath. "Congrats on winning."
We use our gear to get back to the platform and land next to Commander Shadis.

"Who won Section Commander?" He asks with his arms crossed over his chest.
She adjusts her glasses and looks up at him.

"Harper did." She reply's with a smile on her face. I heard a few cheers from the cadets behind us. I turned to see Eren, Mikasa and Armin staring at me in awe then Jean and Marco with the exact same look. But behind them was a blonde boy with a plaster over his nose glaring at me, full of hatred and resent.

"Well Corporal, I guess you do have to use you're gear after all." Shadis turns to look at the Corporal who had disbelief in his eyes.

He stands up and walks over to the edge of the platform where I'm standing once again. "Tch, lets get this over with." He mumbles, readying himself.

I doubt I'll beat Levi but I'll likely come close to it. "By the way you're hairs a mess." He's glaring and pointing at my now short and uneven hair.

"By the way, I know." I say mimicking his tone. "I'm getting it fixed tonight." He clicks his tongue and snaps his head towards the forest awaiting for the race to start.

"Are you ready."The commanders voice bellows.

A bead of sweat falls down my brow.

"Set!"

My breathing fastens and my heart rate quickens.

"GO!"

Shadis fires a sound grenade and I dart into the forest full speed. I'm going to use a different technique now. I'm going to go as high as the tree tops using my gas then use the falling momentum to get out the forest. Or I could shape myself like an arrow and use aerodynamics, then use my gas to go faster.

Second option is quicker and uses a bit less gas than the first. I position myself so I'm in an arrow shape and my pace quickens. I feel the wind flying past my face and my eyes begin to get teary.

I glance to my side and see a figure flying next to me. Was I on par with Levi? He has a hint of frustration on his face as he notices my staring.
He lets out a small 'Tch' and throws any emotion into the void and quickens his pace so he's ahead of me. I can't go any faster otherwise I'd run out of gas. 'I guess I have to accept defeat, I can't possibly beat Humanity's Strongest Soldier, but I can be on the same level as them, but that time isn't now. The win is his.'

I see the end of the forest and he flys past the tree line before I can and takes victory for himself. I land with a thud behind him. "That was a close one." He laughs humorlessly.

"Hm, Levi?" I stand up next to him.

"What?" He answers, irritation lacing his tone.

"I never got an answer last time but what happened to, Isabel and Furlan. I've still not thanked them." I question with curiosity.

I notice his hands ball into fists and his jaw strained shut. This can't mean that they possibly-. "They died. On our first expedition. Because of my stupid choice." He reply's, his voice getting shaky.

I fell to my knees. Isabel. Furlan? Are. Dead?

------------
CONGRATS YOUVE JUST READ MY FIRST 6000+ WOrD CHAPTER.
Yes this is the biggest chapter I've ever wrote in my life. In my whole thirteen years of being alive this is a huge milestone(except from when I got 2k subs on YT) I bet I bored people for making it that long.

Anyways I hope you enjoy the rest of you're day/night and see you in the next chapter!
Sayonara!

(Words = 6,088)

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

202K 8.1K 55
"I feel like I've known you. I need to know who you once were to me." As an only daughter, Celine Austerlitz was given everything she could ever want...
17.3K 394 27
You are still as stiff as a board, trying to slowly take bites while Levi sips his tea with his free hand. You're shocked he would be so bold in fron...
998K 28K 86
Suns had always been known to be the brightest light, but anyone whose ever met one particular girl would know her smile conquered all. She loved and...
22.9K 367 16
"Why don't you try to associate yourself with others?" The black haired girl asked facing the board same as the brunette whose 1 meter apart from her...