Fight, Boy, Fight

By Teenwolfmk55

Castiel rescues Dean from the pit, he also ends up rescuing River Winchester, the baby brother of Dean Winche... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Third Book is Up

Chapter 25

558 17 3
By Teenwolfmk55

Dean walked up, Sam and I were sitting on the hood of the impala.
Sam said" Hey." Dean grabbed a beer from the cooler," Dean. What's going on?"
Dean said" I'm in."
" In with..."
" The whole up with Satan thing. I'm on board." Sam told me, I yelled at him for 15 minutes straight till he calmed me down, I almost caused an earthquake.
" You're gonna let me say yes?"
" No. That's the thing. It's not on me to let you do anything. You're a grown- well, overgrown- man. If this is what you want, I'll back your play."
" That's the last thing I thought you'd ever say."
" Might be. I'm not gonna lie to you, though. It goes against every fiber I got. I mean, truth is... you know, watching out for you... it's kinda been my job, you know? But more than that, it's... it's kinda who I am. You're not a kid anymore, Sam, and I can't keep treating you like one. Maybe I got to grow up a little, too. I don't know if we got a snowball's chance. But... but I do know that if anybody can do it... it's you."
" Thank you."
" If this is what you want... is this really what you want?"
" I let him out. I got to put him back in."
" Okay. That's it, then."
———
I was sitting between Sammy and Dean, we were headed to Detroit where the Devil is.
Dean said" Aw. Ain't he a little angel?" Sam looked back at Cas, who was asleep, I don't think angels sleep.
Sam said" Angels don't sleep."
" Sam, I got a bad feeling about this."
" Well, you'd be nuts to have a good feeling about it."
" You know what I mean. Detroit. He always said he'd jump your bones in Detroit. Here we are."
" Here we are."
" Maybe this is him rolling out the red carpet, you know? Maybe he knows something that we don't."
" Dean, I'm sure he knows a buttload we don't. We just got to hope he doesn't know about the rings. Hey, um... on the subject, there's something I got to talk to you about."
" What?"
" This thing goes our way and I... triple lindy into that box... y-you know I'm not coming back."
" Yeah, I'm aware."
" So you got to promise me something."
" Okay. Yeah. Anything."
" You got to promise not to try to bring me back."
" What? No, I didn't sign up for that."
" Dean-" No! Sam'll be in the cage, that's the worse place to be in hell, he won't survive in there!
" Your hell is gonna make my tour look like graceland. Y-You want me just to sit by and do nothing?"
" Once the cage is shut, you can't go poking at it, Dean. It's too risky."
" No, no, no, no, no. As if I'm just gonna let you rot in there."
" Yeah, you are. You don't have a choice."
" You can't ask me to do this."
" I'm sorry, Dean. You have to."
" So then what am I supposed to do?"
" You take River and you go find Lisa. You pray to god she's dumb enough to take you in, and you- you have barbecues and go to football games. You go live some normal, apple-pie life, Dean. Promise me."

We were in Detroit, Bobby walked back to us,
He said" Demons. At least two dozen of them. You were right- something's up."
Dean said" More than something. He's here. I know it." I was clinging to Sam's back, as tight as I could, Dean walked to the trunk.
" I'll see you around, kid."
Sammy said" See you around." They hugged,
" He gets in... you fight him tooth and nail, you understand? Keep swingin'. Don't give an inch."
" Yes, sir." Sam walked, I dragged behind him," Take care of these guys, okay?"
Cas said" That's not possible."
" Then humor me."
" Oh. I was supposed to lie. Sure. They'll be fine."
" Just-Just stop... talking." He walked over to Dean, dragging me behind him, he rubbed my head." You mind not watching this?" Dean lifted me up as he walked past Sam, I whined and reached out, Dean rubbed my back.

Sam closed the trunk,
He said" Okay. Let's go." Dean put me down and followed him, I went to follow but Bobby grabbed my shoulder. I gulped and turned around, hugging Bobby, digging my face into his side.

I was in Dean's arms, Lucifer won... he took over Sam's body. My legs were wrapped tightly around Dean's stomach, my arms tightly around neck and my face dug into his shoulder.
I heard Cas say" I suggest we imbibe copious quantities of alcohol... just wait for the inevitable blast wave."
Dean said" Swell. Thank you, Bukowski. I-I mean, how do we stop it?"
" We don't. Lucifer will meet Michael on the chosen field, and the battle of Armageddon begins."
" Okay, well, where's this chosen field?"
" I don't know."
" Well, there's got to be something that we can do."
" I'm sorry, Dean. This is over."
" You listen to me, you junkless sissy- we are not giving up! Bobby? Bobby?"
Bobby said" There was never much hope to begin with. I don't know what else to do."

Dean and I were in the car, I was curled up against him, starting to get sleepy. Dean was calling Chuck,
Dean said" Um, no, Chuck. Who's Mistress Magda? Yeah, I'll bet- real close. Whatever happened to Becky? Boy, you really got a whole virgin/hooker thing going on, don't you? Sam said yes. Did you see where the title fight goes down? Aw, crap. Stull ceme- Wait. I know that. That's-That's an old boneyard outside of Lawrence. Why Lawrence?" I looked up at him," All right, Chuck. You know of any way to short-circuit this thing? Well, do you have any idea what's gonna happen next? All right. Thanks, Chuck." He hung up, then looked at me, he rubbed back my hair and got out.

I heard Dean say" Well, then I ain't gonna let him die alone." He got in and cranked the car, he looked at me," Any chance I can get you to stay with Bobby?"
I said" Not a chance. Start driving." He started driving," You're stuck with me, De. You should know that by now."
———
We got to the cemetery just in time, Dean revved the engine, getting the attention of Lucifer and Michael. He put in his Rock of Ages cassette, we drove in, pulling right up to them. He shut off the engine and got out,
He said" Howdy, boys. Sorry. Am I interrupting something?" We fully got out and Dean shut the door," Hey. We need to talk."
Lucifer said" Dean. Even for you, this is a whole new mountain of stupid."
" I'm not talking to you. I'm talking to Sam."
Michael said" You're no longer the vessel, Dean. You got no right to be here."
" Adam, if you're in there somewhere, I am so sorry."
" Adam isn't home right now."
" Well, then you're next on my list, buttercup. But right now, I need five minutes with him."
" You little maggot. You are no longer a part of this story!"
I heard Cas say" Hey, ass-butt!" He molotov'd Michael,
Dean said" Ass-butt?"
Cas said" He'll be back- and upset- but you got your five minutes."
Lucifer said" Castiel. Did you just molotov my brother with holy fire?"
" Uh... no."
" No one dicks with Michael but me." Then he exploded Cas,
Dean said" Sammy, can you hear me?"
" You know... I tried to be nice... for Sammy's sake. But you... are such a pain... in my ass." He threw Dean onto the hood, I breathed heavily, then Bobby shot Lucifer two times. Lucifer snapped his neck, I screamed,
" Noo!"
" Yes." Lucifer pulled Dean off the hood and punched him, I jumped as I saw Dean spit out blood.
" Sammy? Are you in there?"
" Oh, he's in here, all right." He punched Dean again," And he's gonna feel the snap of your bones." He punched Dean again, he fell," Every single one. We're gonna take our time." I froze his fist midair, he looked at me, I gulped, but kept my focus. He tilted his head." River. A little demon in the making."
I said" Sammy!"
" Did you think that would work?" Then I was slung back, I hit a gravestone head first, I yelped and fell to the ground. I tried to stand back up, but I was too dizzy to do it. I turned my head, pushing my arms under me, I started crawling back to Dean.
I heard Sammy say" It's okay, Dean. River, it's gonna be okay. I've got him." I looked up as the portal opened, Michael appeared.
He said" Sam! It's not gonna end this way! Step back!"
" You're gonna have to make me!"
" I have to fight my brother, Sam! Here and now! It's my destiny!" Then Sam and Michael fell in, I whimpered, the wind stopped as the portal closed. My body dropped, I breathed heavily, too tired to keep up.

After a little, I was lifted up, and healed, I saw Cas, he put me down next to the impala and stood by Dean. Dean looked up at him,
I heard Dean say" Cas, you're alive?"
Cas said" I'm better than that." He healed Dean, Dean stood up,
" Cas, are you god?"
" That's a nice compliment. But no. Although, I do believe he brought me back. New and improved." Cas brought Bobby back, I looked at Dean.

I'm in the backseat of the impala,
Dean said" What are you gonna do now?"
Cas said" Return to heaven, I suppose."
" Heaven?"
" With Michael in the cage, I'm sure it's total anarchy up there."
" So, what, you're the new sheriff in town?"
" I like that. Yeah. I suppose I am."
" Wow. God gives you a brand-new shiny set of wings, and suddenly you're his bitch again."
" I don't know what God wants. I don't know if he'll even return. It just... seems like the right thing to do."
" Well, if you do see him, you tell him I'm coming for him next."
" You're angry."
" That's an understatement."
" He helped." Dean scoffed," Maybe even more than we realized."
" That's easy for you to say. He brought you back. But what about Sam? What about me, huh? Where's my grand prize? All I got is my brother in a hole!"
" You got what you asked for, Dean. No paradise. No hell. Just more of the same. I mean it, Dean. What would you rather have? Peace or freedom?" Then he was gone,
" Well, you really suck at goodbyes, you know that?"
———
We said bye to Bobby, I crawled into the front seat as Dean got in, he drove off, I looked at him.
I said" Gonna find a way to bring Sam back now?"
He said" Uh, River, we gotta talk about that?"
" We're gonna find a way, right?"
" You heard what I promised."
" B-But... He won't survive!" He focused on the road again, I breathed heavily, the ground started shaking," Dean! We can't leave him down there! He can't be stuck in the cage for forever!" I started crying then punching at Dean's side," Dean! Look at me! Listen to me!" He grunted as I punched," Dean!" I sobbed, then just gave up, flopping against the seat, my face pressed into his stomach.
" I've got you, River, I've got you." I sobbed against his stomach, squeezing my eyes shut.
———
I was standing behind Dean, holding his jacket with a grip that turned my knuckles white.
Dean said" Can she at least see your face, buddy?"
I said" Bite me." Then dug my face under his jacket,
" Dude, you've gotta come out sooner or later."
" Later is good."
" River, come on."
" I don't like her."
" And how do you know that?"
" Because she's not you."
" Give her a chance."
" No."
" Buddy, you've gotta. Do it for me, huh?"
I grumbled" Stupid head."
" Heard that."
" Good."
" Come on, if you'd just come out, you'd really like her."
" No!" I breathed heavily, the ground started to shake,
" Okay, okay, okay, got it, no means no. Got it, River. I'm sorry."
The woman said" It's okay, Dean."
———
I walked into the room Dean's forcing me to sleep in, I saw Ben holding Rexxy, I got angry, I breathed heavily. The ground started shaking,
I said" Give him!"
Ben said" I'm just looking at it."
" Not an it! You're an it!"
" Hey!"
" What?! Give me him!"
" I'm just looking at it!"
" Don't touch my stuff!"
" You have to share!"
" No I don't!"
" Yes, you do!"
I screamed" No, I don't!"
He screamed" Yes, you do!"
" You're not my boss!"
" I'm older!"
" So what?! I've lived longer than you!"
" No, you haven't!"
I heard Dean say" Whoa, whoa, guys." I turned my head and saw Dean and Lisa, I glared at Ben.
Lisa said" What's going on?"
Ben said" I'm just looking at this." He held up Rexxy,
Dean said" Oh, kid, uh... River, why can't Ben look at it." I growled," Sorry, sorry, him. Why can't Ben look at him?"
I said" Because he's mine."
" But Ben's- And you've gotta share, man."
" No! I don't share!"
" River..." I looked at him, he was trying to give me a stern look, I glared at him too, the ground shook more." Riv."
Lisa said" Ben, please put..."
" Rexxy."
" Rexxy down, River's not used to sharing his toys." Ben put Rexxy down, then they both walked out. Dean closed the door and crouched down in front of me, Rexxy came to me, I hugged him to my chest.
" Buddy, you've gotta try."
I said" I wanna go home."
" Dude, We never had a home, we had each other." Tears welled in my eyes,
" Then let's go to the impala and drive."
" No, River."
" Please! I'll be good!"
" No, buddy, that's not why we're..." He sighed then stood up, lifting me up, and carrying me to the bed. He sat me down, I rolled and sat criss-cross, he sat next to me." I know this is all new to you, you never had a permanent place, you've never even been to school. But, you'll get used to it."
" I hate it here! Why don't you?!"
" Because I like Lisa and Ben, maybe if you'd stop being so stubborn, you'd like them too."
I screamed" I didn't ask for a normal life! The only reason you're doing this is 'cause you made a promise to Sa..." I froze then started crying,
" Oh, there it goes." He pulled me onto his lap," Shh, shh, hey, hey, come on, come on, River, can't have you breaking down on me, come on. It's all right, we're okay, we're okay. You're okay, I've got you, buddy." I clutched onto his shirt, digging my face into his neck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 686 23
Sam and Dean Winchester. Two of the most feared hunters on the planet. Castiel Novak. The most bad-assiest angel in Heaven. Together their team is c...
6.2K 348 30
After ten years, the apocalypse seems to have ended, but no one can figure how, or why. Dean Winchester and his brother, Sam, had been hiding out in...
15.5K 505 25
My name, Angelica, is very ironic. After all, I'm an angel. I've been working on my own, hunting demons as if I were a human. Everything that went do...
1.5K 39 27
A lot like the brothers, Sam and Dean, Kaya and Kate travel together, saving people and hunting things, carrying on the family business. After the g...