backlogged dreams & day old t...

Galing kay jaylorloveletters

taylor has been best friends with joe since they were school children, teasing each other on the playground... Higit pa

I - cats cradle
II - secret valentine
III - double presents
IV - hey dorothea
V - i hope you like cats
VI - aurora and sad prose
VII - calamitous love
VIII - stars stole the night away
IX - this love lasts so long
X - bridges burn
XI - all the girls
XII - fighting with a true love
XIII(a) - your kiss, my cheek
XIII(b) - i watched you leave
XIV - the lucky ones
XVII - baby just say yes
XVIII - careless man's careful daughter
XIX - london boy
XX - even if it makes me blue
XXI - safe and sound
XXII - camden market in the afternoon
XXIII - willow
XXIV - august head
XXV - the archer
XXVI - eleanor
XXVII - sacred new beginnings
epilogue
that's my man (bonus part)

XVI - two for the show

1K 39 22
Galing kay jaylorloveletters

A while later, when it was well over 2 am, the group had finally dispersed into the guest rooms and Taylor and Joe were getting ready for bed.

Taylor walked into their bathroom to brush her teeth, half asleep already. She reached for her toothbrush but grabbed the test she left out instead, before realising what she did and giggling.

She was about to discard it when something caught her eye.

Two pink lines.

That meant she was pregnant. Taylor's eyes widened, now fully awake. Was she really? There's a baby inside of her. She sat down on the toilet seat, excitedly squeaking and burying her face in her hands with happiness. Her and Joe were having a baby. She gingerly touched her stomach. This baby was so delicate and she was the mother of it.

"Taylor, love?" Joe knocked on the door gently. "Are you okay? You've been in there for a while."

"Oh yes, I'm fine!" Taylor laughed, still giddy with happiness. She felt absolutely blissful. She got up from the toilet seat, placing the test back into the box in the cupboard for safekeeping. That way Joe would think it's unused. She wanted to tell him herself. She couldn't wait, her mind already brewing with ideas of how to spill the beans.

She quickly brushed her teeth and cleansed her face of makeup, before walking back into the room.

She climbed into bed slowly, sitting on the edge of the bed before slowly swivelling her legs to lay down gently. She was already so afraid of hurting her little baby. She looked over at Joe. The father of her baby. The love of her life.

"Goodnight honey, I love you." she mumbled, brushing his hair back. She loved the way it would fall into place like dominoes. Even when they were still in elementary school, she was so jealous of his perfect hair. It was so weird that he didn't even know how much their lives were about to change.

"Goodnight my love. Love you too," he whispered back, snuggling into her and wrapping his arms around her.

————
September 3rd

It was almost dinnertime and the doorbell rang. Taylor walked over to the door and opened it, revealing a smiling Joe.

"Hey babe," she said, placing a kiss on his lips.

"Hi. I'm sorry I'm a bit late today. I got you some things from the grocery store," Joe said, handing over the bag.

As he took off his coat, Taylor opened the bag and rummaged through it, looking at what he had bought.

"Um, babe, thanks for the tampons but I don't need it."

Joe frowned. "What do you mean, love? Didn't you tell me to get some about a week ago?"

"Yes, but I don't need it. I'm not on my period." Taylor mumbled.

Joe was very confused. "You let me have access to your period tracker app right? I just checked it at the store. What's going on love?"

"Nothing." Taylor gripped the bag so tightly her knuckles turned white. Hands shaking, she walked into the kitchen.

Joe took off his shoes and silently followed her. He found her taking out some plates and serving freshly-made pasta onto them.

He wrapped his arms around her from behind and placed some kisses onto her hair.

"My love, are you mad at me?" he said in his thick British accent.

"No, no, of course not." Taylor smiled.

"What's going on? You can tell me everything you know." Joe said.

"I know." she softly smiled. "You know what? Let's go onto the roof to talk. Dinner's still hot."

Without waiting for a reply, she opened the grocery bag and took out a bar of chocolate Joe bought.

She took out a cutting board and a knife, cutting the chocolate into small pieces. Joe watched lovingly as she put it in the saucepan.

When the hot chocolate was done, Taylor poured it into two mugs decorated with cats and sprayed some whipped cream on them. Unhesitatingly, she sprayed some into her mouth too.

She got some whipped cream on her face so Joe walked over to her and kissed it off. She giggled when his lips and stubble brushed over her face. It was ticklish. "You're like a pregnant woman with her cravings."

"Am I now?" Taylor smirked amusedly. Little did he know.

She put the mugs on a tray and they walked upstairs together.

Upstairs on the roof, they snuggled under blankets and sipped the drinks occasionally in comfortable silence.

"So, are you going to tell me now love?" Joe said gently. He didn't want to pressure her, but he was getting worried.

"Um... Okay." Taylor felt her palms get sweating and she fidgeted with her hands.

"I- I don't know how to say this, but um," she took a deep breath.

"I'm pregnant."

"Love," Joe said excitedly. "For real?"

"For real." Taylor smiled.

"Oh my goodness," Joe said, immediately embracing Taylor. He placed a soft, wet kiss on her forehead, then her nose, then finally her lips.

"We're gonna have a baby," Taylor said.

"I can't Adam and Eve it," Joe said

"Adam and Eve it," Taylor mocked. "Our baby's definitely going to have your British accent."

"Our baby. I love the sound of that. You make me so happy, I can't believe you're the baby mumma."

"I love you."

"Love you too," Joe said. He lifted Taylor's shirt slightly and placed a few kisses on her stomach before giving her a kiss on the lips.

"That tickled, please shave."

Joe ignored the last remark. "When did you find out?"

"It was that test I took as a dare with Abi. I still have it, I'll show you later honey."

"I still can't believe it. I'm having a baby with the love of my life."

"That's what I thought the night I found out," Taylor winked. She placed her hand on her stomach delicately. She took another sip of the hot chocolate. "This hot chocolate is very good," she commented.

"I smell a craving already," Joe smirked.

————

September 5th

"I'm kinda nervous," Taylor whispered.

They were currently at the gynecologist's for their first ultrasound appointment. Taylor was sitting on the examination chair, with Joe holding her hand next to her.

"I'm sure everything will be alright love," Joe said.

Taylor was about to retaliate when the doctor walked in.

She introduced herself and sat down on the chair.

"I'm going to put some gel down on your stomach okay? It's going to be just a little cold."

She squirted the gel onto Taylor's stomach and moved the transducer around.

"There it is."

Taylor and Joe both leaned over to look at the monitor.

"Oh my, that's our baby." Taylor said. She felt fresh tears springing to her eyes. Their baby.

Joe squeezed her hand tightly three times, looking away to hide the tears in his eyes. Taylor noticed them and smirked, brushing her thumb over his knuckles and placing some kisses on them.

"I'll give you two a moment together. I'll go calculate the due date of the baby." the gynecologist smiled at the happy couple.

"I'm so excited, I hope you know." Joe said.

"Of course I know." Taylor smiled. "Love you," she said softly.

"Love you too."

————

The pair were in the car after the appointment. Taylor had her hand permanently placed on her stomach, her fingers fumbling with the corner of the sonogram.

"We're due on May 5th. I can't wait."

Joe frowned.

"5th? That means it was conceived..." he silently calculated the months. "August 5th."

"What's wrong with that?" Taylor was now confused.

"I was on a business trip to New York from the 1st to the 7th. I remember because I had the whole schedule memorized. I wasn't even here then."

"Babe," Taylor sighed. "It's probably a miscalculation. We'll just ask her again next time okay? You trust me, don't you?"

"Of course. We'll ask her next time then."

"We should put the sonogram up on the fridge." Taylor said.

"We shall," Joe replied, smiling at her. His eyes were focused on the road again, yet one of his hands were over her hand on her stomach.

Taylor took out her phone and secretly snuck a photo of him. He had such a handsome side profile, and he looked so gorgeous in that black sweater he was wearing. She had to admit, she had stolen that sweater from his closet way too much.

Suddenly her phone rang. She quickly picked up, "Hello?"

"Hello, is this Miss Swift?"

"Yes it is. Who am I talking to?"

"I'm from the gynaecology center. I just want to inform you your due date was miscalculated and you're actually due on the 28th of April. Sorry about that."

"Oh! Thank you so much."

"You're welcome, see you for your next appointment in 3 weeks."

"Bye," Taylor said, hanging up the phone.

"Who was that?" Joe questioned.

"The gynecologist center. I was right, they calculated the date wrong. We're due on April 28th."

"That's a very nice birthday, we did good."

"I was right." Taylor smirked.

"Yes yes, you big genius. Love you," Joe said.

"Mhm." Taylor smiled.

"Can't wait for my little love to come."
————

26th September

"Hey love, are you almost ready to go?" Joe peeked his head into the bedroom where Taylor was packing some last minute items into her suitcase.

Taylor zipped up the suitcase and sat down onto the floor, leaning against the side of the bed and lifted her head upwards, closing her eyes. "I'm so tired, I feel like I'm gonna vomit any moment."

Joe walked over to where she was and sat down next to her. "Should we go another time? I don't want you to feel sick over there." he said, rubbing her back gently.

Taylor opened her eyes again, staring into his ocean blues. "Nah, I'm okay. C'mon babe, let's go."

Joe stood up first, extending his arm forward to Taylor. She grasped onto it, pulling herself up gently. Placing her hand on her stomach, she caressed it slowly. "Can you help me with the luggage please?"

"Of course."

Once they were settled in the car, Taylor connected her phone to the AUX cord and started the playlist they had made together for long road trips. Joe's mind immediately went to the loud music Inez had played last year. He started feeling a little guilty for never telling her about it, but when they just patched up their relationship at the start he didn't want to bring another woman's name up and afterwards the incident seemed too unnatural to randomly speak of.

A few hours into the trip, Taylor felt the nauseous feeling start to creep up at her from behind again. Joe had noticed her skin was turning pale so he slowed down the speed and glanced over at her. "You okay love?"

"I'm fine," she said. "I'll just close my eyes for a bit and the feeling will go away eventually."

Joe shrugged and drove on, trying to avoid and speed bumps or potholes.

A while later, Taylor's eyes opened. "Joe, please pull over." she said weakly.

"Love, are you oka-" Joe started, before he was interrupted by Taylor.

"PULL OVER," Taylor yelled.

Joe immediately swerved the car onto the side of the road.

Taylor exited the car quickly, taking a plastic bag with her. Joe followed her swiftly, walking over to where she was on the side of the road.

"Go away, this is gross," Taylor said, catching her breath after vomiting into the bag.

"I'm not leaving you," Joe said. He took the hair tie off Taylor's wrist and gently tied up the hair he had been holding back into a ponytail. "Are you feeling better now?" he asked, rubbing her shoulder gently.

Taylor was silent for a few seconds, taking deep breaths and leaning her head onto Joe's chest for support. "I'm good now, let me just deal with this and we can be on our way again," she smiled, gesturing to the plastic bag.

"You're so strong babe, I love you," he said.

"Love you too honey," Taylor said, already climbing into the shotgun seat and drinking water to cleanse her mouth.

"Baby's being a lil troublesome, isn't she?" Joe said, touching her belly with one hand, the other on the steering wheel.

"Ah, so you think it's a girl."

"Wanna bet?"

"Shush, no." Taylor said, giggling.

A/N:
hi guys so big part here no thoughts head empty wahooooo. the next part is the part ive been wanting to write for so long, so im very excited about it. loud reminder that fearless (taylors version) is in TWELVE DAYSSSS. ily guys, stay safe, stay healthy <3

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

39.5K 1.5K 31
- book four of wisteria hearts - Both Joe and Taylor have had their fair share of darkness, but within each other, they found daylight. And that is...
6.8K 292 30
Midnights and 1989 have been friends for as long as they could remember. They're always there for each other and never left. They knew each other's s...
31.2K 710 29
*Sequel to peace* Things are hectic in the Alwyn household. With the world moving on from the pandemic work is picking up for both joe and Taylor w...
34.8K 1.5K 33
Taylor is dating Calvin, a cold careless man with no love for her yet they are pushed into an engagement. When she meets her boss who has a bad reput...