Consequences

By CourtesyTrefflin

Every decision has long reaching consequences. When Ahsoka Tano is taken to the future, she joins Luke Skywal... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Future
Chapter 2 - Training
Chapter 3 - Visions
Chapter 4 - Journey to Cloud City
Chapter 5 - Bespin
Chapter 6 - Vader
Chapter 7 - Escaping
Chapter 8 - From the Past
Chapter 9 - Visions
Chapter 10 - Mustafar
Chapter 11 - The Rebel Alliance
Bonus Chapter - Vader
Chapter 12 - Confirmation
Chapter 13 - Tatooine
Chapter 14 - Rancor
Chapter 15 - Sarlacc Pit Battle
Chapter 16 - Old Friends
Chapter 17 - Endor
Chapter 18 - Speeder Bike Chase
Chapter 19 - Into the Trap
Chapter 20 - Ewoks
Chapter 21 - Confrontation
Chapter 22 - Battle
Chapter 23 - Mission Complete
Chapter 24 - Homecoming
Chapter 25 - Awakening
Chapter 26 - Knighting
Chapter 27 - Chaos on Ringo Vinda
Chapter 28 - To the Rescue
Chapter 29 - The Investigation Begins
Chapter 30 - Arrival
Chapter 31 - Discovery
Chapter 32 - Planning
Chapter 33 - Assassination Attempt
Chapter 34 - Crashing
Chapter 35 - Off the Front
Bonus Chapter - Sidious and Plo
Chapter 36 - Duel at Daybreak
Chapter 37 - Into the Underworld
Chapter 38 - Spice Shipments
Chapter 39 - Darth Maul
Chapter 40 - The Battle of Mandalore Begins
Chapter 41 - The Phantom Apprentice
Chapter 42 - Captured
Chapter 43 - The Beginning of the End
Chapter 44 - A Promise Unbroken
Chapter 45 - Aftermath
Epilogue

Bonus Chapter - Anakin

369 7 2
By CourtesyTrefflin

Anakin can hardly believe Ahsoka agreed to stay. Still, he's never been prouder in his life than when he saw her standing up to the Council like that. She's truly something of a living miracle, and he couldn't be gladder to have her as a padawan. Or rather, a former padawan, now. At least with his little sister at his side, he can feel marginally better about everything that happened.

Even so, Anakin highly doubts he'll ever be able to forgive the Council for what they did. The second there was a slight question about Ahsoka's loyalty, they threw her out. She'd spent her entire life with them, and she'd never done anything that could have harmed anyone. He can't count the number of times, she'd nearly gotten herself killed fighting for them, for the Republic. If she wasn't a padawan, he wonders, what would they have done? Would they have reacted the same way? Somehow, he expects they would have. He almost wishes he'd gone to speak with Letta instead. He would have been able to sense the person doing it. It would have spared Ahsoka so much of what she's gone through. Because of the Council. And when he was trying to find the true killer, he was completely alone. Not even Obi-Wan had bothered coming with him.

He can't deny his anger at Palpatine for being the one to lead the trial, but if he's being honest, it's not like he could have known. Anakin wasn't there, which turned out to be a good thing. If he hadn't found Barriss right when he did, Ahsoka would have been executed. The Council and Senate would have caused an innocent child's death. Senselessly. She was still a minor, but none of them cared. It's just further proof that the system is completely corrupted.

Anakin had hoped so badly Ahsoka would come back – though a small part of him wasn't sure she would. He has to admit that if he was in her place, he probably wouldn't, but he'd done everything he could for her. He should have known she'd never leave him.

He won't deny how worried he'd been when she suddenly lost consciousness right as she seemed to be having second thoughts about rejoining. If that's what she was thinking in that moment, all such ideas had been thoroughly washed away when she awoke. He's still not quite sure what to make of that. He's never heard of anything like it before. Visions, sure, he's had them himself, but something like that? Anakin's never heard of actually walking through times before. Then again, considering the kind of future she'd seen, it's a good thing it happened.

There was nothing like being able to Knight Ahsoka. Seeing the girl he practically raised standing in front of him as a Jedi Knight, he could clearly see the young woman she's going to grow into. So much unlike the young, over-energetic girl he'd taken a few years ago. Was it only a few? It's felt way longer. Anakin's only regret is that she was a padawan all throughout the entire war, never having known what it was like to be raised outside one. Hopefully her own future padawan will have a different fate.

Usually after knighting, a master and padawan don't see each other much, but that changed to an extent after the war started. Anakin and Obi-Wan were still almost always with each other, but he's still very grateful. Ahsoka wanted to remain the commander of the 501st at least temporarily. After this, it would be too odd for her to take on her own group of clones so soon. Besides, he knows she's ready to be a Knight, but he's not so sure about a General. He has a lot of faith in her, but the thought of Ahsoka running around the galaxy with a group of her own clones without him is not something he wants to think about.

"What do you say to paying Rex and the boys a visit?" he asks as the pair walk side by side through the Temple halls.

Ahsoka seems to instantly brighten from the dark look she's had – she's been that way ever since she came back from the future, which really makes Anakin wonder just what kind of horrors she experienced that she never told him – and nods. "Of course. They must've been worried to death about me."

"Believe me, they were."

As they head in search of Rex, Anakin can't help but realize the major change in Ahsoka's Force-presence. She's still as brilliant as ever, but she has her shields up very tightly. Far more so than she ever has in the past, but he can still feel her significantly over their bond, which seems strangely altered for some reason. There's a great darkness there, but he finds himself maybe not nearly as concerned about it as he probably should be. There's a sense of balance in her he's never felt before. The wildness and recklessness she'd had even before the trial are gone, replaced by something else. How much had she grown in the time she was gone? he wonders.

It doesn't take long for the two of them arrive at the Star Destroyer. Anakin is not at all surprised when he sees a group of clones, including Rex, gathered in the hanger waiting for their arrival.

"General, Commander," Rex is the first to greet them.

"Rex," Anakin nods.

Ahsoka has gone almost completely still behind him, as if having a hard time believing they're really here. Just like she'd reacted with him and Obi-Wan at first, though not nearly as bad. Did they die in her future, too? He forces the thought away. It would do no good to think about something they'll make sure will never happen.

The last time Rex had seen Ahsoka was when they were chasing her in the underworld. Anakin had cornered her at the end of a pipe and talked to her, but the conversation as interrupted when Rex came up. They'd seen her again when she was being brought unconscious back to the Temple. What if he had gone with her? He can't help but wonder. They would have been able to capture Barriss at the warehouse, and all of this could have been avoided.

Anakin shakes off those thoughts when Ahsoka finally steps forwards towards the clones. "Rex, it's good to see you," she states at last.

"After you were arrested, we were so worried," Rex admits.

Anakin steps closer to Ahsoka, resting a hand on her shoulder. He can almost not believe they're really here again. "Rex and the 501st always believed your innocence," he tells her. She deserves to know that much.

The Togruta looks back at them again, her expression not changing much though Anakin can clearly sense her multitude of emotions. "Thank you," she says at last. "All of you." She steps forwards, throwing her arms around Rex. He looks slightly surprised for a moment, but hesitantly returns her embrace.

"I've decided to stay," she informs them after seeming to regain her composure. "I was Knighted, but I wanted to stay here as a commander for longer. Until things settle down."

Personally, Anakin hopes she'll always stay here with him and the 501st. This is her home, especially now. Neither of them will ever be able to look at the Jedi Temple and call it their home ever again. A home is a place where trust can be given easily, not the Council who just walked away. A family is people who stand up for each other, which is exactly what Anakin, Ahsoka, and the clones have always done for one other.

"It's good to have you back, Commander," Rex responds.

"It's good to be back," Ahsoka responds.

As he watches them interact, Anakin finds himself playing with the idea of telling Rex a bit more about what happened. Something about Ahsoka's vision. No details, obviously, but he deserves to know something happened a little bigger than what everyone is being told. He knows it would be a big risk, but it's one he's willing to take. Rex won't talk to anyone about it if Anakin tells him not to, and he's not really around any Force-sensitives other than Anakin and Ahsoka. There is no risk of him running into Sidious or Dooku.

"Mind if I talk to Rex for a while?" he asks, stepping over to Ahsoka.

She shakes her head. "Go ahead."

A few minutes later, Anakin finds himself alone with the clone captain. Ahsoka is mingling with the others, as she usually does. "I thought you might want to know," the general explains. "Ahsoka... I don't fully understand myself, but Ahsoka had a vision. She didn't tell anyone the details of what happened, but that's why she's staying in the Order." He can't help but notice again that before when the Council had asked her to be a Knight, she probably wasn't ready. But now, he can't say the same.

"I did notice she was acting a little different," Rex admitted.

Anakin nods. "Yes, well, that's why. Whatever she saw, it was something very bad." He hesitates a moment. "There are some other things, but I don't think I should risk telling anyone right now."

"Of course. Thank you for telling me, sit."

"Any time, Rex." Anakin smiles at the clone, finding himself willing to trust them all more and more by the day. You can't fight battles side by side with someone without forming deep bonds, and that's exactly what they share.

He heads off to find Ahsoka, letting his mind wander over everything that has happened. He'd almost been expecting the Council to decide to make him a master when Ahsoka was knighted – they really should have – but they decided against it. He won't deny he's upset by that, but since the secret of Ahsoka's vision is just between the two of them and the Council – and Rex now, apparently – he won't complain.

Anakin has just found himself with Ahsoka again when Rex hurries up. "General, we're receiving a transmission from the Jedi Council."

"Already?!" Ahsoka exclaims.

"Apparently," Anakin replies, flipping into his general mode. "Let's get going and see what it is."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164 14 7
*REUPLOADED AND COMPLETED* This is basically just an excerpt from the Revenge of the Sith around the time when Order 66 was just executed...which fea...
846 48 11
Killed on Mustafar by Sidious while attempting to rescue Vader, Ahsoka is reborn as Luke's adopted younger sister. She struggles with constantly reme...
7.4K 229 23
After leaving the Jedi Order, Ahsoka Tano is confused, alone, and distressed. She has just left behind the only life she's ever known, and for the fi...
4.3K 180 13
~Short Story~ A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. After being accused of treason against the Jedi Order, Ahsoka Tano finds herself unable to w...