Fight, Boy, Fight

By Teenwolfmk55

Castiel rescues Dean from the pit, he also ends up rescuing River Winchester, the baby brother of Dean Winche... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Third Book is Up

Chapter 23

538 18 1
By Teenwolfmk55

Season 5, Ep 1: Sympathy for the Devil
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Dean said" Come on." I was lifted up, everything was starting to get blurry.

I heard Dean say" What the hell?"
Sam said" I don't know." Then everything went dark for me.
——
I woke up, I squeezed my eyes tightly, then whined. Then I felt a hand on my face,
I heard Dean say" River? River... you awake?" I whined and nuzzled into his hand, he sighed," Wanna open your eyes for me?" I opened my eyes and blinked a few times, staring at him." What's my name, little man?"
I mumbled" De. Why?"
" Just making sure you remember. What the hell did you do?"
" I dunno."
" You don't know? You were covered in your own blood, your damn hand is blue and yellow, you passed out, and wasn't responding to anything."
" Was I breathing?"
" Barely."
" What happened?"
" Uh, nothing you need to worry about, it's fine."
" You're lying."
" No, I'm not." I huffed, then glared at him," I'm not lying, River. It's nothing you need to worry about. Just rest for a while." He got up and walked away from me, I laid back and stared at the ceiling.

Sam came in,
He said" Hey."
Dean said" Hey."
" Here. Hex bags. No way the angels will find us with those. Demons, either, for that matter."
" Where'd you get it?"
" I made it."
" How?"
" I... I learned it from Ruby."
" Speaking of... how you doing? Are you jonesing for another hit of bitch blood or what?"
" I-It's weird. Uh, tell you the truth, I'm fine. No shakes, no fever. It's like whoever... put me on that plane cleaned me right up."
" Supernatural methadone."
" Yeah, I guess. Dean-"
" Sam. It's okay. You don't have to say anything."
" Well, that's good. Because what can I even say? I'm sorry? I screwed up? Doesn't really do it justice, you know? Look, there's nothing I can do or say that will ever make this right-"
" So why do you keep bringing it up?! Look, all I'm saying is, why do we have to put this under a microscope? We made a mess. We clean it up. That's it. All right, so, say this is just any other hunt. You know? What do we do first?"
" We'd, uh, figure out where the thing is."
" All right. So we just got to find... the devil."
I said" Tell me what's going on?!"
" No."
" Tell me!"
" No!"
" Tell me!" I breathed heavily," Tell me!" I screamed," Tell me!" The ground started shaking,
Sam said" River, calm down."
" No! I'm tired of the lying! You always lie to me! Act like I can't handle it! I can handle more than you dummies think!" Then a force slammed me into the wall, I yelped then fell onto the bed,
Dean said" River!" I squeezed my eyes shut, holding my head, I felt their hands on me. Sam pulled me up, he pried my hands away from my head. I whimpered, he held my head,
Sam said" Not bleeding. Dean, maybe, we should just loop him in."
" He's already died once because we got him involved. He was four. I'm not letting him die again."
" His abilities are stronger, Dean, if he doesn't have them under control because he gets upset, he's gonna kill himself."
" We are fighting angels and demons and the damn devil. He is a kid, no matter how tough he wants to think he is, he's still a small kid."
" Dean, he's already involved, he's our little brother, you don't think angels and demons won't use him as an advantage against us."
" He won't know anything."
" They won't believe him."
" I don't care, I'll take him to a babysitter before I tell him anything."
" Seriously?"
" Yeah, seriously. He's a kid, he shouldn't have to carry this stuff on his shoulder. Maybe a few months at a sitter's will do him some good."
" Yeah, and grow his hatred for us? Dean, right now, he hates us, you know that. You send him away, he'll never love you again."
" It'll be worth it."
" Dean, just think about it."
" I will, and when I make that decision, it's final."
" Dean-"
" No. I raised him, I make the decisions for him."

I was laying on the other bed, away from them, Dean wants to send me away... I don't understand why! And he won't tell me why! There was a knock on the door, I looked at the door, Sam walked to the door, Dean held his gun. Sam opened the door,
He said" You okay, lady?"
A woman said" Sam... is it really you? And you're so firm." Huh?
" Uh... do I know you?"
" No. But I know you. You're Sam Winchester. And you're... not what I pictured. I'm Becky." She walked in," I read all about you guys and I've even written a few- anway... Mr. Edlund told me where you were."
Dean said" Chuck?"
" He's got a message, but he's being watched. Angels. Nice change-up to the mythology, by the way. The demon stuff was getting kind of old."
Sam said" Right. Just, um... what's the message?"
" He had a vision. The Michael sword is on earth. The angels lost it."
Dean said" The Michael sword?"
Sam said" Becky, does he know where it is?"
Becky said" In a castle, on a hill made of 42 dogs."
Dean said" 42 dogs?"
Sam said" Are... you sure you got that right?"
She said" It doesn't make sense, but that's what he said. I memorized every word..." She touched Sam's chest," For you."
" Um... Becky, c- Uh, can you... quit touching me?"
" No." She's strange.

There was a knock at the door, Dean opened it, Bobby was here.
Dean said" Hey, Bobby." They hugged,
Bobby said" Good to see you boys all in one piece." He hugged Sam,
" You weren't followed, were you?"
" You mean by angels, demons, or Sam's new superfan?"
Sam said" You heard?"
" I heard, Romeo. So... Sword of Michael, huh?"
Dean said" You think we're talking about the actual sword from the actual archangel?"
" You better friggin' hope so."

They got out a book,
Bobby said" That's Michael- toughest sumbitch they got."
Dean said" You kidding me? Tough? That guy looks like Cate Blanchet."
" Well, I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley, believe me. He commands the heavenly host. During the last big dust-up upstairs, he's the one who booted Lucifer's ass to the basement. Did it with that sword. So if we can find it..."
Sam said" We can kick the devil's ass all over again. All right. So, where do we start?"
" Divvy up and start reading- try and make sense of Chuck's nonsense." Sam walked to the books," Kid? You all right?"
" No, actually. Bobby, this is all my fault. I'm sorry."
Dean said" Sam..."
" Lilith did not break the final seal. Lilith was the final seal."
" Sam, stop it."
" I killed her, and I set Lucifer free."
Bobby said" You what?!"
" You guys warned me about Ruby, the demon blood, but I didn't listen. I brought this on." Bobby stood up,
" You're damn right you didn't listen. You were reckless and selfish and arrogant."
" I'm sorry."
" Oh, yeah? You're sorry you started armageddon? This kind of thing don't get forgiven, boy. If, by some miracle, we pull this off... I want you to lose my number. You understand me?" I tilted my head,
" There's an old church nearby. Maybe I'll go read some of the lore books there."
" Yeah. You do that." Sam walked out, I don't think Bobby would ever say that, I'm not sure though. My brain's kinda fuzzy feeling.

Bobby said" I never would have guessed that your daddy was right."
Dean said" About what?"
" About your brother. What John said- you save Sam or kill him. Maybe..."
" Maybe what?"
" Maybe we shouldn't have tried so hard to save him."
" Bobby."
" He ended the world, Dean. And you and I weren't strong enough to stop him proper. That's on us. I'm just saying, your was dad right."
" Dad." Dean got up and walked to his bag, and shuffled through it," It's got to be in here somewhere."
" What the hell are you talking about?" He pulled out a card,
" Here. I don't believe it. I don't believe it."
" What the hell is it?"
" It's a card for my dad's lockup in upstate New York. Read it."
" Castle Storage. 42 Rover Hill."
" Castle on a hill of 42 dogs."
" So you think your dad had the Michael sword all this time?"
" I don't know. I'm not sure what else Chuck could have meant."
" Yeah. Okay. It's good enough for me." Then he threw Dean, I stood up, Bobby was possessed. I breathed heavily, he picked Dean up and threw him into the closet. The ground started shaking, he picked Dean up and the door opened. Two demons came in,
The woman said" I always knew you were a big, dumb, slow, dim pain in the ass, Dean. But I never dreamt you were so VIP." She picked up the demon blade, I gulped," I mean, you're gonna ice the devil. You? If I'd had known that, I'd have ripped your pretty, pretty face off ages ago." She slid the knife down his face quickly,
Dean said" Ruby."
" Try again. Go back further." I whimpered, Meg.
" Meg?"
" Hi. These are the days of miracles and wonder, Dean. Our father's among us. You know we're all dreaming again for the first time since we were human? It's heaven on earth. Or hell. We really owe your brother a fruit basket."
" My god, you like the sound of your own voice."
" But you, on the other hand, you're the only bump in the road. So every demon- every single one- is just dying for a piece of you."
" Get in line."
" Oh, I'm in the front of the line, baby. Let's ride." She kissed him, yuck!
" What is that- peanut butter?"
" You know, your surrogate daddy's still awake- screaming in there. And I want him to know how it feels slicing the life out of you." The demon backed Dean up with the knife against his neck,
" Bobby! Bobby! No!"
" Now!" The knife was held up,
" Bobby, no!" Then Bobby stabbed himself, I froze Meg, she looked at me.
" Oh, little River!" I tilted my chin, she slammed into the wall, I jumped off the bed and she unfroze, oops. She punched Dean, Dean punched her, then the guy demon and Dean started fighting. Sam came in, and was hit by Meg." Heya, Sammy. You miss me? 'Cause I sure missed you."
Sam said" Meg!" I breathed heavily, they were getting the crap beat out of them,
" Its not so easy without those super-special demon powers, huh, Sammy?" I squeezed my eyes shut,
I screamed" No! Ahh!" My body moved in a weird way, the demons froze, Dean stabbed the demon he was fighting. I got dizzy, then fell, I felt blood running down my face. Meg smoked out. Everything went black.

We broke into the unit, I was barely awake,
I heard Zachariah say" I see you told the demons where the sword is."
Dean said" Oh, thank god. The angels are here."
" And to think... they could have grabbed it any time they wanted." He closed the door," It was right in front of them."
Sam said" What do you mean?"
" We may have planted that particular piece of prophecy inside Chuck's skull, but it happened to be true. We did lose the Michael sword. We truly couldn't find it. Until now. You've just hand-delivered it to  us."
Dean said" We don't have anything."
" It's you, Chucklehead. You're the Michael sword. What, you thought you could actually kill Lucifer? You simpering wad of insecurity and self-loathing? No. You're just a human, Dean. And not much of one."
" What do you mean, I'm the sword?"
" You're Michael's weapon. Or, rather, his... receptacle."
" I'm a vessel?"
" You're the vessel. Michael's vessel."
" How? Why-Why me?"
" Because you're chosen! It's a great honor, Dean."
" Oh, yeah. Yeah, life as an angel condom. That's real fun. I think I'll pass, thanks."
" Joking, always joking. Well... no more joking. Bang." Sam's leg broke, he fell, screaming,
" You son of a bitch!"
" Keep mouthing off, I'll break more than his legs. I am completely and utterly through screwing around. The war has begun. We don't have our general. That's bad. Now, Michael is going to take his vessel and lead the final charge against the adversary. You understand me?"
" How many humans die in the crossfire, huh? A million? 5, 10?"
" Probably more. If Lucifer goes unchecked, you know how many die? All of them. He'll roast the planet alive."
" There's a reason you're telling me this instead of just nabbing me. You need my consent. Michael needs my say-so to ride around in my skin."
" Unfortunately, yes."
" Well, there's got to be another way."
" There is no other way. There must be a battle. Michael must defeat the serpent. It is written."
" Yeah, maybe. But, on the other hand... eat me. The answer's no."
" Okay. How about this? Your friend Bobby- we know he's gravely injured. Uh, say yes, and we'll heal him. Say no, he'll never walk again."
" No."
" Then how about we heal you from... stage-4 stomach cancer?" Dean coughed and crouched down, he coughed up blood, I breathed heavily.
" No."
" Then let's get really creative. Uh, let's see how... Sam does without his lungs." Sam started gasping," Are we having fun yet?" He walked to Dean and grabbed his chin," You're going to say yes, Dean."
" Just kill us."
" Kill you? Oh, no. I'm just getting started." I glared at him, the angels behind him froze, then one was stabbed with a blade. I covered my eyes at the really bright light, the angels definitely unfroze. I heard fighting, I opened my eyes and saw Castiel, he killed the second angel," How are you..."
Cas said" Alive? That's a good question. How did these three end up on that airplane? Another good question. 'Cause the angels didn't do it. I think we both know the answer, don't we?"
" No. That's not possible."
" It scares you. Well, it should. Now, put these boys back together and go. I won't ask twice." Sam and Dean stood up as Zachariah left," You two need to be more careful."
Dean said" Yeah, I'm starting to get that. Your frat brothers are bigger dicks than I thought."
" I don't mean the angels. Lucifer is circling his vessel. And once he takes it, those hex bags won't be enough to protect you." Cas touched their chests, they groaned, then mine, I whined.
" What the hell was that?"
" An enochian sigil. It'll hide you from every angel in creation, including Lucifer."
" What, you just brand us with it?"
" No. I carved it into your ribs."
Sam said" Hey, Cas, were you really dead?"
" Yes."
Dean said" Then how are you back?" Then Cas was gone.
———
I was being held by the arm by a babysitter,
I screamed" Don't leave me! Please! Sammy! Dee! Don't leave me! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Pleasee! Sammy!" I cried out, reaching for them with my free arm, I kicked and screamed more," Don't leave me! Please?! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Don't leave me! Sammy! Deaaan! Deee! I'm sorry! I trust you! I trust you! I trust you! I'm sorry! Don't leave! Don't leave me! I'm sorry for everything! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'll be good! I'll be quiet! I'll stay out of the way! I'm sorry! I'll be good! Don't leave me! Don't leave me!" They looked at me," Sammy! Dean! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please! Don't leave me! Don't leave me!" They got into the impala, and drove away, I just dropped to my knees and cried out. They just... left me... they didn't even say goodbye... they didn't say anything!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 123 20
He was alone in the world, he was on the run from his past, well... of the past he could only remember. That's until he's saved by the Winchester br...
3K 17 19
When a hunt goes wrong with a nest of vampires you are saved by the Winchesters. You've heard of the winchesters but was always a work by yourself ty...
45.4K 1K 25
River Winchester is the youngest half-brother to Sam and Dean Winchester. The only reason they know about him is because his mother called John to ca...
4.6K 276 41
My brother's had their story, I had mine. I didn't know they existed, until I died... I was a psychic, I knew that, but I never expected to be stuck...