Bitter sweet- TDI

By Midnight_Cure

-In the end, I want to win more than ever, and there's nothing on this island to stop me. While stuck on an i... More

Not so happy campers 1 (1/2) ✅
Not so happy campers 1 (2/2) ✅
Not so happy campers 2 (1/2)✅
Not so happy campers 2 (2/2)✅
Big sleep (1/2)✅
Big sleep (2/2)✅
Dodgebrawl (1/2)✅
Dodgebrawl (2/2)✅
Not quite famous (1/2)✅
Not quite famous (2/2)✅
The Sucky Outdoors (1/2)✅
The Sucky Outdoors (2/2)✅
Phobia Factor (1/2)✅
Phobia Factor (2/2)✅
Up the creek (1/1)✅
Up the creek (2/2)✅
Paintball Deer Hunter (1/2)✅
Paintball Deer Hunter (2/2)✅
If you can't take the heat (1/2)✅
If you can't take the heat (2/2)✅
Who can you trust (1/2)✅
Who can you trust (2/2)✅
Basic Straining (2/3)✅
Basic Straining (3/3)✅
What happened afterward?✅
No pain, no game (1/2)✅
No pain, no game (2/2)✅
Search and Do Not Destroy (1/3)✅
Search and Do Not Destroy (2/3)✅
Search and Do Not Destroy (3/3)✅
Hide and Be Sneaky (1/2)✅
Hide and Be Sneaky (2/2)✅
That's off the chain (1/2)✅
That's off the chain (2/2)✅
Hook, Line, and Screamer (1/2)✅
Hook, Line, and Screamer (2/2)✅
Wawanakwa Gone Wild (1/2)✅
Wawanakwa Gone Wild (2/2)✅
Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon (1/2)✅
Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon (2/3)✅
Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon (3/3)✅
Haute Camp-ture✅
Camp Castaways (1/3)✅
Camp Castaways (2/3)✅
Camp Castaways (3/3)✅
I Triple Dog Dare You (1/2)✅
I Triple Dog Dare You (2/2)✅
The Very Last Episode Really (1/2)✅
The Very Last Episode Really (2/2)✅

Basic Straining (1/3)✅

566 11 2
By Midnight_Cure

Previously on Total Drama Island

Duncan showed his soft side in finding a new pet for DJ.

Gophers won and, Sadie was voted out.

Emotions are running high every time the camp's delinquent talks with Alex, but it looks like he won't be the one to talk with her tonight.

When I came back from the infirmary, the girls have been getting ready for sleep. I decided to take a shower.

I'm walking back to the cabin after showering to find someone next to its door. It's dark, so I can't make out the features at first. I quietly make my way toward the person.

-Trent?- I whisper yell.- What are you doing here?

-Just the person I was waiting for. Don't tell me you thought I won't show up tonight.

-That's what I thought. I was in the infirmary and, you seemed to feel bad.

-Thanks for checking up on me and for the snacks. You truly know how to take care of people.

-How are you feeling?

-Better, that's why I came. Shall we?- He outstretches his hand for me.

-Indeed.- I giggle and take his hand.

-I think you'll like it. This place is beautiful, but for Chef we wouldn't be able to go there.

-It sounds mysterious. I can't wait to see it and, knowing Chef, it has to be breathtaking.

He leads me through the forest. We end up on a glade. In the middle lays a blanket and, next to it is a basket. The main attraction tho is the view. The area is full of flowers, shining in the moonlight. I take a step and smell the floral scent. I turn to Trent with a grin.

-I didn't know those kinds of flowers can be found on the island.

-Me neither, but some people know better.

I walk to the blanket and lay down, looking at the sky. I sigh, being content with the scenery.

-Do you like it?

-Are you kidding? I love.

-It was worth it then.

-Why did you put so much effort into that?- I sit up and, he rests next to me.

-Are you kidding? You deserve the best.

-What makes you think so? If you want to talk, don't hesitate to ask. It doesn't require such scenery.

-You do a lot of things when you like someone.

-Why do you like me?

-Why do I like you? It's because of the vibes you give me, the smiles you put on my face, the laughs I get from talking to you, and the fact that you can make me think of you even if we aren't talking at the moment.

-Oh, Trent.- I smile but feel anxious at the same time.

-I believe artists think alike that's why you understand me so well.

-That's what friends are for, right?- I ask more myself than him.

-In fact, I wanted to tell you for a long while, but I couldn't find the courage.- He makes a pause.- I like you more than a friend.

-I know- I admit- but we can't be something more.- I whisper.

-But why?- He takes my hand.

-Because I'm scared.- I admit.

-Scared of what?- I avoid his gaze.

-Many things.

-Tell me them. Maybe, we can face them.

-I... don't think so.

-What are you scared of?- He asks calmly.

-Feeling too much, too little, and nothing at all. I'm scared of hurting you, my friend, myself. Isn't it enough of the reason? Besides, I can't break the promise.

-What promise, Alex?- He rubs circles on my palm.

-You'll know soon. I think so. I can't date you, Trent, I just can't. I'm so sorry.- I feel so awful that I'm on the verge of crying.

-I'll wait for you then. You said it will be soon, and I'll wait patiently, but I need to know. Is there a chance one day you'll choose me the way I chose you?

-I'm afraid it won't happen in this show.

-It's alright even if we can't be together in the end. I'm glad that I could be in this show with you. Do you remember my song?

-How could I possibly forget?

-Just for one kiss, huh? The problem is if I kissed you, I don't think I'd be able to stop.

-I'm so sorry. I will never find the words to say how sorry, I am.

-Why are you sorry?

-Because I'll probably break your heart.- I stand up and leave him there. I look back and stand here frozen because he's smiling.

He smiles at me with so much love in his eyes, I choke on my breathing. He walks up to me and does it. He steals just one kiss, a quick peck on my lips, and as if nothing happened leaves the glade before me. I come back to the blanket and stare at the night sky for so long that I fall asleep.

Cut to the morning

-Morning Alexandra.- Bridgette welcomes me when I come back from my night getaway.

-Morning, Bri.

-Wait!! Shouldn't you come out of the cabin instead of to the cabin?

-Shh! Keep it down. Not everyone needs to know.- I silence her.

-Know what, princess?- Boys peek out of their side.

-I'm so out of here.- I turn back.

-You didn't answer the question.

-You hear that? The shower is calling me over, bye.- I turn around and go to the restroom.

-She's up to something.- Geoff states.

-No shit, genius.- Duncan snarls.

-Bridgette, you know anything?- DJ asks.

-I think I slept through the important part.- She answers.

-She has non-existing problems with herself. Nothing special.- Courtney scoffs.

-Can you give her a break for two seconds?- Bri question.

-Let me think, no.

-You're annoying. If you want to be treated as a leader, behave like one.- Duncan shuts Courtney's further comments with his words.

-Listen up, you little cockroaches! I want all campers to report to the Dock of Shame at 0900 hours! That means now, soldiers! Now!- Chef speaks through the speakers.

Cut to the challenge

I barely managed to change from my pajamas and make it to the pier. Chef grabs me by the elbow and, we take a few steps away from the rest.

-How was it?

-You mean with Trent. Well bad...

-Oh, Alexandra, don't worry about it now. I'm sure you'll work it out. I figured you weren't on the breakfast. Here eat it quickly. We have to start in a moment.- He hands me a sandwich.

-Thank you, Chef. What would I do without you?- I hug him and stand with my team.

-Looks like something serious happened if Chef is so involved.- Bri says.

-Nothing serious, don't overreact.- I shrug.

-I don't even know what happened.

-Exactly.- I wink.

-Line up and stand at attention! Do you call this proper formation?! Knees together!- Chef walks along the line we formed. He hits most of the people with a stick he's holding to force them into a proper stance.

-Arms down! Eyes forward! Head up!

-Oh, this is gonna be a fun day.- Gwen says in a hushed tone.

-What did you say to me, soldier?!- He stops in front of Gwen and shouts through the megaphone.

-Um... Nothing?- She stutters.

- And you'll continue to say nothing until I tell you that you can say something! Today's challenge will not be an easy one. In fact, I do not expect everyone to come out alive.- Chef carries on.

Owen chuckles but shuts up right after being smacked with the stick.

- Aww, that hurt!- He wails.

-My orders are to make sure that all of the babies in front of me drop out of my boot camp except one. The last one standing wins immunity for their team!- Chef explains.

-Uh... what happened to Chris?- Heather asks.

- Rule number one! You will address me as Master Chief! Have you got that?!

-Yes, Master Chief!- We say in unison.

-You will sleep when I tell you to sleep! And you will eat only when I tell you to eat! Is that clear?!

-Yes, Master Chief!

-Rule number two! When you are ready to give up, you will walk to the end of the dock and ring the bell. This brings me to rule number three! I'll have to get one quitter before the end of the first day! And that day will not end until someone drops out! Now get your butts down to the beach, soldiers! Now, now, now!

We all run to the beach without protesting.

-Listen up! Each team will hold a canoe over their heads! I catch you taking your hands off the canoe, and you will be eliminated. And no one eats lunch until someone drops out. Canoes up!- Chef assigned us the first task.

-Pfft! This isn't that hard.- Owen laughed.

-Piece of cake!- Geoff added.

-I have a feeling you'll change your mind.- I stated.

-It's gonna be fun.- Geoff stays positive.

-Yeah, how long do you think these chicks will last?- Duncan motioned to Gophers girls.

-I wished I had drunk tea this morning.- I mumble.

-That brings the question. Where were you tonight, princess?- Duncan asks.

-In a very nice place.- I tell the truth.

-Were you sleeping in the forest?- Punk question.

-Technically, even when we are in the cabins we are in the forest.

Harold, who is standing in front of Geoff, giggles. I'm between Geoff and Duncan.

-What's so funny, nerd?

-Gee, this is just a harmless giggle. Cool off, juvie.- I roll my eyes.

-I'll if you tell me the whole truth.- Duncan demands.

-I told you already. What part of I was in the nice place didn't you understand?- I say with sarcasm.

-So your up to our banter chats again.- He smirks.

-You said that.- I giggle.

Confessional

Alexandra: I can surprise myself with those smooth saves sometimes. I'm not telling them I was with Trent. I'm not stupid and not up for those fights caused by unhealthy pride. Yes, that's mostly about Duncan.

After almost three hours, Chris joined us.

-How are you holding on?- He laughed.- No protests, then you're good, I assume. Chef, shall we make things interesting?

-Are you thinking what I'm thinking?- Chef asked.

-Ya dig.

They climbed on our canoes. Chris sat on Gophers and Chef on ours. I'm glad more than ever that DJ is on our team. He's so strong I bet he's holding half of the weight. Courtney starts to shake from exhaustion and, Leshawna's stomach is making rumbling noises.

-Come on, you sissies! It's only been three hours!- Chef yells.

-Looks like they missed lunch today.- Chris laughs.

-Mmhmm. Guess they just weren't hungry! Unless someone wants to quit now.

-Don't even think about it, Owen!- Gwen says.

I look down, feeling tired as well. I rest my forehead on Goeff's back and close my eyes. I'm snapped back to reality by Harold's scream.

-Ow! Idiots!

I look from behind Geoff to see him holding a fishing rod. I smack him on the head and receive a grunt as an answer. Duncan laughs at the sight but, I'm not sure which one of us is so hilarious. I turn back and flick him on the nose, receiving a grunt from him as well.

-Is there a problem down here?!- Chef asks.

-Everything is under control, Master Chief.- I say confidently.

-That's the spirit, cadet. Keep up the pressure.- He answers.

After a few more hours, I turn around and face Duncan. I lean on Geoff's back again.

-Am I too heavy?- I whisper.

-Not at all, Star.- He says.

Duncan takes two steps closer to me. He bows, so he can whisper right into my ear.

-So you're a thing now?- He asks.

-We're not.- I take a step forward so Geoff won't hear us.

-Who are you deceiving?- I can feel his breath on my cheek which gives me chills.

-Duncan, why are you asking all of this? I can't remember the last time we talked about something else than other boys on the camp. Had what happen changed you so much?- We are still whispering.

-No, I just miss you, but I know it will fix nothing.- He admits.

-I'm right here. Why are you missing me?

-Because you're not mine anymore.

-I walked away to save both of us.

-Can't you feel me still loving you?- He rests his chin on my shoulder.

-Stop, please.- I feel anxious.

-Why would I?

-I'm sick of all these emotions. Stop making it worse for me.

-Are you in trouble?

-It's not your case to handle.

-Why are you so stubborn? I can help.

-I don't need help.

-You are a walking bundle of nerve. You keep it together well but, you don't have to.

-You're imagining things.

-Look at me.- I do as he says and regrets it. As soon as I look up at him he kisses me. I stumble backward and crash right onto Geoff's back.

Geoff turns back and notices my flustered, scared face. He glares at Duncan and swaps places with me. I try to calm my nerves and listen to Chef's story.

-Twenty-five of us went to the jungle that night. Only five came back out.

-What war were you in, anyway?- Gwen asks.

-Did I ask you to speak?! Because I don't remember asking you to speak!- Chef yells.

-Whatever. He so wasn't in a war.- Gwen rolls her eyes.

-Guys, I-I can't do this anymore. I have no more feeling in my arms.- Lindsay walks to ring the bell and gives up.

- Looks like we got ourselves a quitter!- Chef says smugly.

-Don't do it, Lindsay!- Owen pleads, but it's too late.

After she rang the bell all Gophers are disappointed and fall under their canoe weight. We gratefully set our canoe on the sands. I'm snatched into a hug.

-What did he do?- Geoff asks.

-Don't bother. I just want him to stay away.- I mumble.

-I'll get him for that, I promise.

I snuggle with Geoff. Paradoxically he's the person I feel safest with. Not Bridgette nor Gwen or Leshawna.

-As for the rest of you, head to the mess hall! Dinner is served!- Chef shouts through the megaphone to us.

-Sweet Marie, thank you!- Owen cries.

Geoff takes my hand and leads us to the canteen.

Confessional

Duncan: Did I overstep her boundaries? Crap!

Geoff: Dude, is digging his own grave. I like him but, I can't tolerate how he treats Alex.

With Courtney

-Hey, Heather.- Courtney says.

-What's up?

-What do you say we get rid of Alexandra after this challenge?

-You know I have nothing against it, but I don't see a way to do it now. She has too many people protecting her.

-I have a plan, don't worry.

-You do?

-If it won't work, tho I would need you.

-That's it, I don't even have to do anything now.

-Exactly.

Confessional

Heather: Alexandra helped me and, I'm grateful. I hate her less now. I think, if we were on the same team, we would ally, but that's the competition. The most dangerous person is the one who listens, thinks, and observes. She's that type and, I'm not letting her get on my way to victory.

-All right, maggots! Open your ears! You've got ten minutes to eat before night training begins! Get to it!- Chef says when we gather in the canteen.

Everyone starts to complain, but I stay silent, knowing it's pointless.

-Um, excuse me? Master Chief? Where's the food?- Gwen asks.

-You're looking at it.- He points to the trash bins.

-This is the leftover garbage from this morning's breakfast.- Owen looks inside one of the bins.

-Darn right! When you're at war, you take what you can get!- Chef hollers.

- Well, I can see you've got this under control. I'm off to craft services. Coming?- Chris peeks through the door.

-Serve me up some of that.- Chef walks away.

-Oh, I am not eating this.- Heather protests.

-Me neither.- Courtney sits next to her.

-Alex, can you possibly change his mind?- Leshawna asks.

-He may like me, but you, on the other hand, are a different story. There's no point in talking to him.- I explain.

-No food then.- Gwen sighs.

-I think there's something I can do. I need one sidekick for that mission.- I turn to my friends.

-Count me in.-Duncan declares.

-I was thinking about a girl assistant.- I say.

-I'll go.- Bridgette walks up to me.

-Perfect, let's go.

We exit the canteen, and I lead us to a different corner of the building.

-Plan is simple. Chef always leaves a spare key next to the backdoor. We take it, grab some food from the kitchen and, escape.

-How do you know about the key?

-One night, when I was wandering around, I bumped into Chef. He showed me where he hides it, so I can come at night for a snack or tea if I need it.

-Girl, it's amazing. Why didn't you tell me earlier?

-Well, it's supposed to be the secret. Chef trusts me, that's why you wait here and, I get a key.

-For real?

-Sorry, Bri. I took you with me cause I know you'll respect my decision. Duncan would blow the secret up in no time.

-I understand. Thanks for getting us that food.

I grab the key, open the door and, call Bridgette over. We grab some food, and I send her back to the canteen. I make myself a cup of coffee before leaving and close the kitchen. After hiding the key, I join the others.

-Everyone got something?- I ask.

-I didn't expect the glass of grease.- Harold glares at Duncan and Geoff.

-Dig in then.- I settle my loot on the table.

I sit down next to Harold and enjoy my coffee. For a snack, I choose zwieback, since as Chef said we're having night training.

-I am going to be running for office one day, and no one is going to pull up a file of me eating garbage!- I hear Courtney's loud wailing even though she's sitting on the other end of the table.

-That's why I brought you food.- I say.

-Whatever!- She grabs something and sits down next to Heather again.

-Alexandra, we wanted to thank you so much.- Leshawna, Gwen, and Trent approach me.

-Don't mention that. Might as well use some power from time to time.- I giggle.

-That's right, girl. Show them who's a boss.- Leshawna encourages.

-Will do, sis.- I high-five her.

-Don't you want something more?- Gwen looks at my food choice.

-I'm not in the mood to eat. My stomach is a mess.

Gwen hugs me and, I gladly hug back. She takes me aside and states.

-I guess we need to catch up.

-You don't even know what a mess I'm in now.

-I saw Duncan kiss you. Did you forgive him and date him again?

-Are you nuts? Of course not, he's so tenacious I don't know how to handle him anymore.

-I see that look in your eye. If you want my opinion, you should ditch him. There's a better guy for you and, I guess you noticed that also.

-Listen to her. Geoff is a great guy. I talked with Gwen about it since we visited you after the fridge accident.- Leshawna comments.

-How long have you been standing here?- I turn to her.

-No worries, boo. You can trust me.- She places a hand on my shoulder.

-As much as I hate that always positive type, I can tell he's loving and caring. That's someone you need now. I'm sure Duncan will back off if you become an official couple.- Gwen adds.

I look in Geoff's direction and, he smiles brightly at me.

-Maybe you're right.

Preview

Duncan gets himself in trouble.

Courtney carries on with her plan.

Alexandra and Geoff will have to face problems bigger than Duncan's jealousy.

Who will go home? Will we get to see an official couple? Will anyone find out what happened between Trent and Alexandra?

Find out next time on Total Drama Island!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.3K 958 14
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 Y/N was accepted to the new season of Total Drama World Tour. A chance to win 1 million dollars. But as she stepped on the plane she...
3.5K 108 8
**COMPLETED** See how Courtney and Duncan's relationship developed over the years; from elementary school to college. Will the outside forces pullin...
238 96 12
A new season of the most beloved reality show will begin! The old camper will meet again in a new island full of surprises. Who know what they will f...
1.7K 46 23
Mia, cousin of Heather. Mar, sister of Duncan. James, just James. These three are added into a Total Drama Toronto State College. Straight into what...