lovestruck † hs

By the1dfanfics

"Who hurt you so much that you started to hate yourself?" Quickly I change the subject. I am not going to cr... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
The Last Chapter

Chapter 10

2.4K 77 9
By the1dfanfics

My alarm buzzes just once, and I wake up with a huge grin and all the excitement inside me is ready to spill out. I am so thrilled about this opportunity. I can't wait to be there.

Even though it's just a small job, it means much more to me because of all I've been through to get here. I can't believe how lucky I was to get this from Matthew. He could have chosen anyone, yet it was me. And all I was doing that day was getting a coffee.

I'm also anxious for seeing Harry today, but I need to take one thing at a time. The phone call from yesterday replays in my mind as I get up from my bed and go to the bathroom to wash my face. His laughter and charm, my cousins opinions, and Niall's comment taunt me. I walk to my closet to pick out something casual to wear. I get out some plain skinny jeans and my favorite striped shirt. After all, I'll be wearing an apron the whole time, so I don't need to look too fancy. I slip on my converse and head back to the bathroom and put on a little makeup.

My cousins always told me I should put more effort on my daily makeup, and for today I would listen. I may not need to look fancy but I still want to look presentable. I put on some eye shadow, eyeliner and mascara, then I apply a tad of blush. I've always had natural pink cheeks so I never put any on. Then with a swipe of some lip gloss, I am done. I quickly straighten my hair and then I'm finally ready.

Since I have dance today after work, I get out a small bag to put some clothes to change into. I stuff some dance shorts and a tank top into the bag, along with my ballet and hip-hop shoes. I then grab my phone and purse, and begin on my way through the short distance to work. I miss working since back in California. I loved it so much. Working was just a way to keep busy, which is one of my favorite things to be.

As I walk down the sidewalk nearing the cafe, I see that Matthew is standing in front of the door waiting for me. I come up to him and he smiles happily at me. His blue eyes seem to sparkle as they look right into mine.

"Good morning! Wow, right on time I see. Ready to work?" He greets as he unlocks the doors.

"I'm ready!" I reply as we enter. I look around the cafe and smile. It's a little small, but it feels just like home when you enter it.

"Alright then, first, I will need you to straighten out the tables and chairs. Then I will need you to organize a few things back here in the kitchen. I'm going to start baking some of the pastries and getting coffees ready. We open in 30 minutes. If you need me, call me." He orders politely.

"I will. Thank you again, Matthew. I really appreciate all of this." I turn to
him and he smiles down at me.

"Not a problem. Let's get to work!" He cheers as he heads over to the kitchen.

I love how enthusiastic he is about this job, and it makes me feel the same.

Matthew rushes back out and hands me an apron before disappearing back into the kitchen.

My own apron, it makes this more official! I put on the apron and head to the dining tables and begin cleaning and fixing them up. I push in chairs and straighten out the tables.

One of the things that make me kind of weird is that I love to clean stuff. Cleaning helps me feel organized and a little calm. I'm just a little OCD about it I guess.

No matter what, all I can think of right now is Harry. I am so curious to know what he wants to do tonight, especially after the talk with Jen and Hayley yesterday. I have decided that I'm going to tell Harry about being friends today, and see how he will react to it. Telling him is one thing I'm not sure how to do yet. I just figure it will be the best choice for him, and for me. Harry will probably agree to being friends, right? Why wouldn't he? That's probably what he already thinks anyway. I'm always overreacting to nothing.

After I had finished with the tables, I head over to the kitchen and help Matthew by sorting the pastries he made into the showcase. The stuff he made smells absolutely amazing, and he so nicely offers me a cookie which is insanely delicious and good too since my excitement cause me to forget breakfast this morning.

If I'm not careful, this job will probably involve me eating a ton of cookies, but I don't really mind when they're this yummy.

Sooner or later, some more employees arrive and I meet them. They seem really nice, especially this girl Lacey who I speak to briefly. I don't get much time to talk with them because before we know it, it's 10:00 and we were opening.

Right away, it's packed, and I am put at a cash register. The customers keep coming in, and many pastries and coffees are leaving with them. The tables are filled too, and it's hard to keep up. It's a little insane, but really fun. I am just so thrilled I finally have a job.

When the clock hits 11:30, I quickly tell Matthew I have to leave for dance class, and he gladly comes with me outside to say goodbye. I grab my stuff, and we walk out the doors.

"Well, how was it?" Matthew asks me as we stand in front of the cafe. He stuffs his hands in his apron pockets and grins.

"For a first day, it was amazing. I actually had a lot of fun." I admit and return the smile.

"I'm glad. It's hard to find people who enjoy doing this everyday like I do. I love this job. I've worked here for a long time, and it's always been really fun for me. I couldn't imagine doing anything else! Rachel, you um..did wonderful today. I promise you that you won't remain at just a cash register for long." Matthew compliments as he looks down.

He seems...nervous?

I giggle to break the tension. "I know I sound like a broken record, but really, thank you so much for this. I still can't believe it." My kind mind takes over, and I open my arms for a hug, and he actually accepts. I really can't thank him enough.

"It's really no problem Rachel. I'm glad you're working here." He tells me as we hug.

Suddenly I feel a hand grip my shoulder a little tightly. I let go of Matthew and turned around to find Harry.

"H-Harry!" I gasp from my surprise.

Harry, with his hand still on my shoulder, pulls me towards him, and into his hold, away from Matthew. His arm moves down to rest around my waist and he rests the side of his cheek on my hair.

Um...

Matthew's face turns to confusion and I know his look is mirroring mine. Harry moves his hand to grab mine to lead me away, but I stop him by breaking from his hold. He steps close behind me and puts his hand right back on my waist.

"Who's this?" Harry asks me quietly into my ear.

"Um Harry, this is Matthew, my boss. Matthew, this Harry." I introduce nervously but putting emphasis on the boss part so he will understand.

Harry seems really angry, and he doesn't need to be. He shouldn't be. Why would he be?

"Hello Harry," Matthew greets nicely as he extends his hand for Harry to shake.

I'm surprised but a bit relieved that Matthew doesn't seem to know Harry is famous. He's not acting like he knows.

I have to nudge Harry to shake his hand back. God, he is being so stubborn.

"Hey," Harry mumbles as he sloppily shakes Matthew's hand which makes me frown a little.

"Well, I think I'd better head back inside. I'll see you soon and call to let you know when your next shift is. Goodbye, and nice to meet you Harry." Matthew tells us awkwardly.

"Bye Matthew," I half smile before he enters back into the cafe. As soon as the doors close, Harry grabs my hand and forcefully leads me to his car that is parked not too far. He opens the passenger door, and shoots his intense gaze at me.

"Get in," he spits, nodding his head in the direction of the car.

"Harry I need to get to dance class," I tell him.

I know we are supposed to be meeting right now, but I thought it was just a quick meeting for deciding what to do for tonight. Harry is acting weird right now, and I don't know if I want to be in a car with his craziness.

"I'll take you just get in."

I sigh and climb into the car. He slams the door and I jump. Harry enters the drivers seat and starts his car. I glance over to see his face serious and cold. I have no clue what is going on or what's about to happen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

586K 13.1K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
Stuck [H.S] By a!

Fanfiction

41.4K 1.5K 25
[COMPLETE & EDITED] Being at that time of the month, Jolie decides to make a quick stop to a convience store to retrieve chocolates and candies to sa...
419K 11K 46
All they want is to see their best friends -- who hate each other beyond belief -- fall in love. So they put a bet on it. ⇢ some mature content so r...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...