The Swimming Death Trap [A CH...

By Potato0exe

Detective Germany and her uncle Austria hoped for a peaceful travel through the Atlantic Ocean, but traveling... More

1. New And Old Faces
2. FOOD, DRAMA AND A BODY
3. Where To Store A Body
4. The Identity Of The Victim
5. Lie Or Truth
6. Lies And Answers
7. Take A Break
8. Past Mistakes
10.You've Chosen 2
11. A Lot Of Blood
12. Looking At The Crime Scene
13. The Interrogation
14. Words Are Powerful Tools
15. New Pain New Face
16. The Plan
17. Let's The Search Begin
18. Bad Decision?
19.
20. A Little Surprise
21. Malfunction
22. Willing To Risk
23. Time Is Slowly Running
24. It's A Trap
25. Back On Track
26. New Plan
27. Finally Spilling The Tea
28. How To Not Get Bitten
29. Stick To A Gun Fight
30. Preventing A Mistake From Happening
31. Something Missing
32. Is It Worth it?
33. Jumping To Conclusions
34. Stealing Is (not) Okay
35. Case Solved
36. Domino Effect (End)
QnA
New Book

9. Nothing Works There

498 25 39
By Potato0exe

Hungary pov.

"Gooooooood Morning!" I shouted through our room, holding a food tray with our breakfast.

Czechia and Slovakia simultaneously groaned in pain while being still in their beds. As a response Czechia, who was lying like a ball under her blanket, sticked her hand out and flipped her middle finger at me.

No wonder that they are pissed. It's 5 am and both of them have a slight hangover.

I put the food tray on the table and only took my sandwich. I walked past the beds and opened the door to the bathroom.

Our bathroom was small. It had only a shower, sink and toilet. Next to the toilet, inside a bundle of blankets and pillow sat a sick looking Poland.

He definitely drank too much in a short time, so his body had to reject the alcohol. Thankfully he could hold himself until we arrived in our bathroom, where he also stayed over the night.

Of course I could have put him on his bed, but his bed was above mine and I won't do the same mistake twice.

Leaning against the door frame I took a bite from my sandwich and greeted him, "Good morning sleeping beauty."

Poland frowned and tried to bury himself deeper under the blanket.

"You know you can't hide from me," I explained, "And we have work today. Remember the window with the scratch?"

In a low hoarse voice he answered, "Go away."

I straightened myself and said, "Alright, but we still have work today."

Back in the main room I saw Slovakia already sitting on her chair, but leaning her head against the table. Czechia was still inside her blanket ball.

While passing by I pulled her blanket which caused her nearly falling out of her bed. She quickly grabbed on the edge, but nonetheless she accidentally let go and landed on the floor.

"I hate you." Growled Czechia to me while holding her head in pain. Not turning around I respond jokingly, "I hate you too." I sat next to Slovakia and gave her a glass from the tray.

I asked the kitchen if they could make three Prairie Oyster. It's good against a hangover. It doesn't cure, but it lessen the symptoms except of course the headache. At least the person feels awake. Inside the glass was a egg yolk, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, hot sauce and a little bit of salt and pepper. Slovakia immediately gulped the content down.

Czechia finally went to the table and sat down on her chair. She angrily glared at me while taking her glass and breakfast. Ah yes, a Czechia with a headache is a moody Czechia.

I took Poland's breakfast and went back to the bathroom. Arriving there I saw that he changed his position. Instead sitting against the corner, he now sat in front of the toilet. He wrapped himself with his blanket like a cocoon and his head was above the toilet seat. The nausea came back, which his following actions confirmed. Well more likely the sound confirmed it because there was nothing inside his stomach to vomit it out.

I placed his breakfast and glass on the tile floor next to him. Poland prayed, his head still inside the toilet, "Please God it's me again, make me feel better and I won't ever drink again."

"Oof lying to the God. Isn't that the 17th time you said that?" I joked, but Poland's following reaction was only a gag.

Okay jokes by side it was problematic. With his state he wasn't able to work. Now was 5:15 so it's been only five hours since his last drink and by his behavior yesterday he had definitely more than 2 Promille of alcohol. He was still intoxicated and it won't be a good idea to let him work. Maybe I could ask Czechia to be his replacement.

A second later someone knocked on our door. I looked through the door from the bathroom. Slovakia stood up and opened the door. Panama stood there. "You four are required to be in the dining room at 7 am."

"All four?" Slovakia asked confused which the captain nodded. Without saying much he continued doing his job and walked away.

She closed the door and looked at me baffled. I massaged my temple and looked at the mess sitting on the floor.

"Alright," I said it to myself and picked up Poland's full glass. Holding the drink near his face I spoke, "Drink it, eat your food and change yourself. We don't have much time."

He only glared at me and grumbled, "I'm not going."

Annoyed I rolled my eyes and explained, "Oh yes you will. Either you work with me and stand up, or we'll do the hard way and I'll gonna throw you under the cold shower."

Poland didn't move. He starred at me judging his options, before he made his big mistake by saying, "You wouldn't even dare."

Germany pov.

It's 7 am and nearly all guests arrived at the dining room. I sat at my table like usual, but it's definitely strange to sit there alone without Austria.

So far every guest was in the room except India. It could be that he needed longer to get there. Nonetheless I won't let anyone slip past the check up. Whoever had a fresh wound will be most likely the murderer.

I scanned the other guest and so far everyone are behaving normal. There is no tense atmosphere and even USA sat there in silence.

As the door opened I expected to be Panama or India, but to my surprise it was the V4. Looks like the captain wanted them also go through the check up. They noticed me and immediately sat down at my table.

"Do you know why we should be assemble there?" Asked Hungary to me in a low voice. I nodded, "Only a small body check up. That shouldn't be a problem."

I looked at the others and noticed that Poland's hair was damp. Looks like he was quickly under the shower before getting there.

Slovakia looks interested around and commented, "Well at least it's interesting. We never sat in the same room as the guests before."

Czechia looked at her annoyed, but didn't say anything. However Poland immediately got tensed and sat with his legs up on the chair. We looked at him confused until we saw where he was starring.

A couple of tables away sat Russia with the dogs. "Since when are those beasts allowed on the ships." He remarked it.

"Calm down they look harmless," commented Czechia. Poland countered, "That's the same thing you said about the backyard dog and we know how it ended."

I looked at the two dogs. They sat there besides Russia. The bigger one let out a small yawn and was leaning tired against the chair. The second dog had his head on the woman's lap, getting pets from her.

The dogs are adorable, but this didn't helped with Poland's fear of them.

Thankfully Panama finally arrived with India next to him. India went to his table while the captain stood in front of the exit and spoke, "Ladys and gentlemens today's schedule changed a little bit. Because of the ongoing investigation we are requiring you to do a health check up for looking any open wounds."

Everybody went silent. They were confused and no one wanted to speak out.

Well until USA like always started to shout irritated,"Is that a joke? First we got closed in our rooms until the morning, then our rooms were searched and now you want to play doctor on us? I didn't booked this trip to be bothered with this shit!"

India scoffed, "Did you forget that someone died a day ago."

"Oh right. Just because of ONE death we have to accept everything what they want to do on us." He shouted.

Hungary leaned closer to me and whispered, "Is he always that angry? " I only slightly nodded.

The captain continued his speech, "I'm sorry that your time on board was far from comfortable, but sadly we have to do this check up."

"I denie it." USA commented, crossing his arms on his chest.

Brazil slowly raised her hand and said, "Same for me. This idea makes me feel uncomfortable."

I saw how India slightly nods in agreement. That definitely went out of my plan. Without thinking I shot up, getting from everybody attention.

With a lot of self control I tried to sound calm, but also demeaning,"It's mandatory to do the check up. There doesn't exist any excuses for this."

They surely were surprised by my behavior.

"And what would you do if we still resist?" USA asked me and I didn't know how to answer. I couldn't force them and I don't have any evidence that would make them to do. I couldn't even suspecting them to be the murderer because they would respond with saying that Austria is the killer and I don't have any evidence to disprove it.

"I don't have a problem with this," commented Russia. She behaved calm about it. "Rather having a quick uncomfortable moment, than making a tantrum like a small child."

USA furrowed his brows. He stood up from his chair and with a rather angry voice he hissed, "Did you just insulted me?"

Russia smirked and coed, "Aww is the baby angry." He surely was more pissed and stomped around his table to get to her.

Uk looked trouble and tried to talk him out of it, but she quickly gave up. I wasn't sure if I want to involve into their fight again. Surely I could try to talk it out, but if it quickly turns into violence then there isn't much I could do. A little desperate I looked at the V4 group. They definitely didn't want to be involved in it. Poland closed his eyes and with a low voice he said, "I'm not paid enough for this shit."

With a sigh I walked out of my table. USA stand in front of her table. The tall woman sat there not feeling threatened and her dogs now with their ears perked up, were waiting for an action.

Even though the air around them got heavier Russia didn't changed her expression and spoke with a smile, "What's you gonna do? Punch me, or do you continue your whining?"

He slammed his hands on her table and was about so say something, but as soon as he hit the table Russia slowly stood up. She was visibly taller than the man and even he knew she might be also stronger than him. He tried to hold his position and the other guests are more agitated about the situation.

"You both please calm down," I demanded while walking up to them. They both looked at me, not moving from their position. Of course I won't do the same mistake like at the first day. So I stopped a meter away from them and continued, "We can solve the problem peacefully without any violence. There is two options left either we all agree on this check up and quickly went over it, or I have to call the authorities and ask them to to give me a permit for a check up."

I glanced over to the captain, but to my surprise he reacted surprised. He looked troubled and after a silent pause he spoke," There is a little problem about calling outside."

"What problem?" asked Portugal concerned.
"Since yesterday evening I'm not able to send out a call. Most likely a malfunction from the technic." Panama explained and we all starred at him horrified.

We're in the middle of the ocean and aren't able to call for help if it's needed. Hungary shot up and shouted," Why didn't you have told us!  We have to repair it as fast as possible."

He looked stunned at them. "You can repair it?"

Hungary wave unbelievable his arms and explained, "Of course we can. We have one in our group who knows electronics."

The others nodded in agreement.

I spoke up, "We'll repair it, send a request to the outside authorities and with a permit everyone has to go through the check up. Do everybody understand?"

Every guest nodded and Russia sat back down. I looked at USA. He still looked pissed, but he let out a heavy puff. Once again he put his cocky smile on and said a lot calmer," Of course."

He walked back to his table and we all could continue our day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mmmhhh it's been a while since someone died.

Please chose a number from 1 to 4.

It might have a little tiny bit consequence for the story. I could take a dice or a number generator, but where is the fun of it. The counting will end in 24 hours.

And I'm sorry for not posting on Wednesday. I barely had time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 212 15
It's 1912. All is happy in the world. No fighting, no death, just peace. As a desired trip, Italy takes a voyage to the New World (He's never been, t...
80.5K 2.2K 40
Science says the kindest people are always the loneliest. The countries hate their jobs. Oh no, they loathe it. It's so bleak, so bland, so sad, so...
106 9 10
In my world you have to be one of the Elite. After graduating from 8th grade it is a shitshow. You wait long intense nights filled with fear because...
The Exchange By J.J. Laron

Mystery / Thriller

9 0 5
When Max, fleeing from England and leaving dangerous affairs, finds a ride from an old fellow Navy officer, now the captain of the largest and most l...